- Item #: i_353438Bottle Size: 750mlThis highly aromatic Côte de Brouilly oozes with flavors of kirsch, crushed rocks, potpourri, and ripe raspberries. Juicy and fresh, the wine’s tangy acidity and structured backbone lead to a long finish. Drink over the next five years.
- Item #: i_353437Bottle Size: 750mlPRACTICING ORGANIC
The wines have a seductive aromatic component, a silky texture, and a downright deliciousness that is unmistakably Foillard. After all, Alex used tried-and-true techniques to craft his wines: whole-cluster fermentation with natural yeasts, no fining or filtration, and no additives of any kind save for a minute sulfur dose at bottling. The new generation at Domaine Foillard has burst onto the scene with a bang, and the future is full of exciting possibilities for this talented Beaujolais youngster.
- Item #: i_353216Bottle Size: 750ml"The 2018 Bourgogne Côte d'Or offers up a pretty bouquet of ripe citrus fruits, warm spices, honeycomb and apples, followed by a medium-bodied, lively palate that's open-knit but precise, concluding with a delicately chalky finish. It's a fine introduction to this new domaine's elegant style." William Kelley, The Wine Advocate
- Item #: i_353386Bottle Size: 750mlCould this be the quintessential Alpine quaffer? I will go one step further—this Jacquère grown on Savoie’s limestone mountainsides may be the crispest beverage to ever grace your palate. Not overwhelming, its acidity supplies just the right amount of snap to counterbalance the sprightly fruit that bursts over the taste buds. At 11.5% alcohol, the whole rests on a delicate frame, making it all too easy to drain the bottle in record time. Enjoy with raclette, grilled cheese, crispy greens, sushi, kimchi fried rice, mollusks, or simply slake your thirst with this crystalline mountain elixir.
- Item #: i_351703Bottle Size: 750mlBenoit Ente is the younger brother to Arnaud Ente, one of the greatest chardonnay producers in the world, but if he continues on his current trajectory he won’t be known as the "other" Ente for long. An equally fresh nose offers up cool nuances of pear, apple and floral scents. The very round and rich, indeed plump, flavors possess both good volume and a caressing mouth feel while delivering reasonably good length on the bitter lemon-infused finale.
- Item #: i_352130Bottle Size: 750mlCaroline Morey comes from a long line of vignerons based in the Cotes de Beaune and is also married to Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey. In 2014 Caroline has taken her share of some family vineyards from her father Jean-Marc and has created her own domaine based in Chassagne-Montrachet working out of brand new cellars built for Caroline and her husband Pierre-Yves.
Older vines here, planted in the mid-60s, roughly. White planted in the middle, book-ended by this red. 40% whole bunch in 2018. ’(vinified with 25% whole clusters). This is also relatively high-toned as the fruit derives more from the red side of the spectrum. There is a bit more volume and mid-palate density to the rich and nicely energetic medium-bodied flavors that aren’t as fine but do offer slightly better depth in an age-worthy package. Good stuff. (90-92)/2028+’ Burghound.com April 2020 ’More like the herb-edged wines – the wc showing perhaps the most of all these. Ooh – that has a lovely depth of flavour, round, full and deep, similar to the Champs Gain in form – long finishing on a more subtle level. Super wine but for patience – I would say 5 years but it’s potentially a great Beaune!’ Bill Nanson, Burgundy Report, October 2019
- Item #: i_353485Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "From a parcel of centenarian vines located between Ladoix and Corgoloin, the 2018 Bourgogne Aligoté Les Chaignots reveals aromas of warm bread, almond paste, pear and waxy citrus rind. Medium to full-bodied, textural and multidimensional, it's long and concentrated, with lovely cut and chalky grip. This is well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_353487Bottle Size: 750mlUnfurling in the glass with aromas of ripe cherries, plums and raspberries that are complemented by sweet soil tones, the 2018 Bourgogne Rouge is medium to full-bodied, its fleshy core of fruit structured around a chassis of rich, powdery tannin that lends the wine quite a muscular profile this year. This is a blend of roughly equal parts fruit from the granitic soils of Paris l'Hôpital, in the Hautes-Côtes near Maranges, and Puligny-Montrachet.
- Item #: i_353486Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Unwinding in the glass with scents of citrus oil, pear, warm bread, nutmeg and a subtle touch of reduction, the 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Morgeot is medium to full-bodied, textural and enveloping, with chalky structuring extract and racy acids, displaying real texture and mid-palate volume."
- Item #: i_352234Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2018 Châteauneuf Du Pape Blanc takes it up a notch, offering rocking notes of white peach, quince, crushed rocks, and honeysuckle. It’s medium to full-bodied, with a beautiful core of sweet fruit, a layered texture, and a great finish. It’s unquestionably another beautiful wine, and while 2018 was challenging for the whites, you wouldn’t know it by tasting this."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "A terrific example of Beaucastel's white, the 2018 Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc boasts lavish aromas of honeydew and tangerine. It's full-bodied and round, lush and concentrated, with terrific length and presence on the palate."
- Item #: i_353023Bottle Size: 750mlOne of the oldest and most celebrated domaines in Savennières, Chateau d’Épiré is rich in history, not only for its fabulous architectural rendition of the Petit Trianon of Versailles, but most especially for its exquisite wines. This cuvée is dry and accessible with notes of exotic fruits. Delicious and spectacularly complex, and it shows a value disproportionate to their pedigree.
- Item #: i_353128Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Features a core of gently steeped plum and boysenberry fruit, laced with a mouthwatering anise note and gilded with sandalwood and violet hints throughout. Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre. Drink now through 2023."
- Item #: i_345529Bottle Size: 750ML“Esprit Gassier” is the “Gassier Spirit” that combines the exceptional terroir of the Sainte-Victoire region with Côtes de Provence varietals to produce a wine that expresses the family’s passion, expertise and creativity. The beautiful label, designed by a local artist, is silk-screened on the bottle to create a striking package.
A very clear rosé with shades of peach; floral nose with white and yellow fruit notes (peach, apricot, pear); in the mouth, round and delicate with notes of white peach, mandarin and grapefruit.
- Item #: i_353162Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC
Mouthwatering Kirsch, raspberry, black truffle, sous-bois, foraged bounty, crushed leaves, and cherry blossom. It is impeccably fresh, and a perfect balance of fruit and earth. On the palate, layers on layers of red fruit laced with mineral. This is medium+ bodied and packed with a velvety tannic backbone.
- Item #: i_352095Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS MEDIA; ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "Smoke-accented cherry, dark berries and licorice on the perfumed nose, which takes on succulent floral and herb nuances with air. Smooth, concentrated and gently sweet, offering mineral- and spice-accented black raspberry, cherry and violet pastille flavors and a spicy jolt of cracked pepper. Finishes supple, sweet and quite long, with harmonious tannins and lingering florality."
- Item #: i_353312Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a charming, rich, focused and delightful white. Medium-bodied with a smooth texture, the wine has a fresh backbone of acidity, clean apple and citrus flavors, and an excellent balance. A most refreshing quaff and one that is great value. A delicate, expressive wine of exceptional quality. The grapes from this wine are grown from the Puligny-Montrachet area. (either outside of the AOC limit or with younger vines). The grapes from this wine are grown from the Puligny-Montrachet area. (either outside of the AOC limit or with younger vines). Aged 10 months in oak barrels (10% new, the rest in 2-3 year old barrels).
- Item #: i_351541Bottle Size: 750mlChavy-Chouet's Pinot Noir is classified as humble Bourgogne Rouge, but the fruit for it comes from an excellent single-vineyard site near Pommard. Great value. Soft, elegant red berry flavours; a hint of earthy spice; superb structure and balance. This Pinot Noir comes from the 'La Taupe' vineyard, a very good Pinot Noir site near Pommard.
- Item #: i_353328Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI, VINOUS 91 POINTS - " "The 2018 Puligny-Montrachet Les Champs-Gain 1er Cru has an intense, voluminous bouquet of yellow flowers, white peach and crushed stone aromas that feel very cohesive. The palate has a rounded texture on the entry. Slightly lower in acidity and quite plush for a Puligny, with a pure and quite persistent finish."
- Item #: i_353471Bottle Size: 750mlConsistently excellent year after year, the 2018 Chablis is again, despite the warm year, a crisp, incisive and very pure wine graced with good energy and grip in its bright fruit and long, elegant finish. After time in the glass, the wine’s class begins to emerge and it’s saline, citrus and geological qualities build. This is flat out terrific Chablis from Sébastien Christophe.The wines of Domaine Christophe all display classic Chablis notes of shells and green apples on the nose, along with a pretty, underlying hint of white flower and lemon. It’s the kind of bright nose that gives the drinker an intimation of the acidity and tension that will follow on the palate, which is indeed nervy but also generous with an appealing balance of flavours offset by a rocky, shell-y harmony. The wine finishes with the sort of mouth-coating minerality and mouth-watering citrusy acidity that makes Chablis a favourite amongst lovers of wines that truly reflect their terroir.
- Item #: i_353491Bottle Size: 750mlThis 2018 Chablis Montée de Tonnèrre is, as usual, very impressive indeed. The vineyards famous heavy limestone marl soils give gravitas and amplitude. Intense and impeccably balanced, it shows a crystalline purity, nuance and serious depth. Coming from Chablis finest 1er Cru vineyard (just next to Grand Cru Blanchots) the wine displays superb pedigree and harmony. As approachable as this is now, don’t forget to put some away for a few years.
The wines of Domaine Christophe all display classic Chablis notes of shells and green apples on the nose, along with a pretty, underlying hint of white flower and lemon. It’s the kind of bright nose that gives the drinker an intimation of the acidity and tension that will follow on the palate, which is indeed nervy but also generous with an appealing balance of flavours offset by a rocky, shell-y harmony. The wine finishes with the sort of mouth-coating minerality and mouth-watering citrusy acidity that makes Chablis a favourite amongst lovers of wines that truly reflect their terroir.
- Item #: i_334215Bottle Size: 750MLBIODYNAMIC
Figari is a small wine zone in the southern extremity of Corsica, sandwiched between the Mediterranean Sea and imposing granite mountains. The harsh conditions here—rugged terrain, baking heat, and powerful winds—do not exactly bring to mind traits like elegance and nuance in the local wines. Yet at Clos Canarelli, brilliant execution of biodynamic viticulture paired with an everevolving quest for finesse and precision in the cellar makes this rosé a class act through and through. A blend of Sciaccarellu, Niellucciu, and Grenache, the 2017 evokes tangerine and wild herbs, finishing with a tangy sea-salt minerality.