- Item #: i_322274Bottle Size: 750mlWith a forward nose of vivid fruits, from gooseberry to white peach and white grapefruit, melded with a touch of river water, lanolin and nougat, the palate on 1749 continued and expanded on the initial fruit-laden theme. Sweet yet almost tart, notes of star fruit, more gooseberry and white grapefruit merged with a lush mouthfeel, counterbalanced by good acidity to keep it clean and buoyant. Hints of apricots, orange blossoms and clover honey furthered the delicious depth on the palate. The finish is fresh and quick but with a lingering fruit essence and mixed floral touch that reverberates nicely.
This wine is perfect for the warm weather we’ve been having and has a classic Loire Valley profile with a nice dollop of New Zealand-esque citrus-- it’s balanced, clean, fresh, uplifting and clearly a worthy Hi-Time Wine of the Month. Enjoy!
- Item #: i_350399Bottle Size: 750ml#51 WINE ENTHUSIAST TOP 100 of 2018
WINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - "A single vineyard offering from selected parcels in the La Moussiere vineyard. Certified biodynamic. 7-8 months on fine lees after fermentation, prior to bottling. This wine comes from Mellot's home domaine of La Moussière, It is young and intense, with a mix of spice, concentrated citrus and crisp acidity. The depth of flavor in this wine is extraordinary and merits aging. Drink from 2020."
- Item #: i_333451Bottle Size: 750MLThe incremental changes made in both the winery and vineyards over the years and more recently by Benjamin Dagueneau have come together with a vintage that could best express what he was trying to say. Aromatic ripeness without high alcohol. Massive mineral concentration that will yield over time and marry perfectly with the high-toned fruit components and barrel and bottle complexity that seem in perfect harmony. The most young and backward of the bunch (as usual), this wine has massive acidity that provides the perfect balance to the mineral profile that is so prevalent in the mouth. No shortage of fruit, but for the time being, this wine is all about structure and potential. Sit back and marvel at what the years have in store for this wine, and make sure you save some.
- Item #: i_352282Bottle Size: 750mlThe legendary Didier Dagueneau changed the perception of Pouilly Fume. After his death in a plane crash in 2008, his son Louis Benjamin took the reins, and his years of working with his father led to a seamless transition. The Silex is among the greatest expression of Sauvignon Blanc in the world. The wine undergoes whole cluster fermentation, with varieties of native yeasts. Fermentation occurs in small stainless steel and oak barrels. After initial racking, the wine stays on the lees until bottling. There is no malolactic fermentation.
- Item #: i_350956Bottle Size: 750mlAn expressive, slightly exotic nose filled with ripe grapefruit and pineapple aromas. On the palate, the wine is pure and chiseled, limestone and flinty in character. Very pretty and balanced with a fleur de sel note through the long, bone-dry finish.
- Item #: i_345059Bottle Size: 750mlIsabelle Garrault is the 10th generation of her family to grow grapes in Sancerre.
Based in the village of Verdigny
40 year old vines on average
Grown on terre blanches and caillotes
Fermented and aged in tank
A pure-fruited, elegantly racy and electric Sancerre
- Item #: i_350549Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92Decanter: 96 PointsDECANTER 96 POINTS - "Intense aromatics of white flowers, flint and lime. Full and rich with ripe citrus, pine needle and smoky minerality. Lovely concentration with a refreshing, long finish."
#46 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Lively, with bright lemon curd, gooseberry, thyme and lime pith notes. The bright finis has mouthwatering cut thanks to a light chalky echo." #46 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018
- Item #: i_315005Bottle Size: 750MLThere is perhaps no better match for a dozen oysters than this minerally Sancerre from one of the best producers in the region. The wine displays textbook Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc, with bright acidity, smoke, citrus, and grassiness. It is Insanely addictive and so so good with shellfish! Hippolyte Reverdy's family has been making wine in the charming village of Verdigny, a commune of Sancerre in the eastern Loire, for many generations- perhaps as far back as 1600.
- Item #: i_345552Bottle Size: 750MLRoger & Didier Raimbault have been growing grapes in Sancerre for ten generations. Experience, technical savoir-faire and nature combined allow them to produce wines of great quality, respecting the typical characteristics of each vintage. The estate is located in Verdigny in the heart of Sancerre with two vineyards, Les Terres Blanches and Les Caillottes. The two grape varieties that are used in Sancerre are Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir. The white wines are fresh, fruity and elegant, the rosés are delicate and subtle and the reds are perfumed and smooth. “When nature gives you a treasure, please respect and share it”.
Light yellow with gold tints. An elegant nose that is fruity with aromas of citrus and tropical fruit. Beautifully fresh, intense aromas that come from ripe sauvignon blanc. Good length and minerality. Can be enjoyed as an aperitif, with sea-food, fish dishes or cheese.
- Item #: i_370710Bottle Size: 750MLThe grapes for this basic cuvée of Sancerre are sourced from the vineyards in Bué, Vinon and Crézancy. After harvest, fermentation is done in stainless steel cuves at temperatures between 14 and 18 degrees Celsius. As with all the whites at the domaine, this wine sits in contact with the fine lies for a considerable period of time with the racking being done late in the spring following harvest. The first bottling occurs no earlier than July and frequently does not occur until September of the year following harvest.
- Item #: i_302672Bottle Size: 750MLWINEMAKER'S NOTES - "Sourced from several parcels that are planted in rocky, white soils with an east-southeast exposure (including the "Clos du Roy"), this cuvée is the most full-bodied and masculine of the three core Sancerres of the domaine."
Outstanding, textbook Sancerre. Lucien Crochet is renowned for his excellent Loire wines, and "La Croix Du Roy" is one of them. With bright citrus fruit with delightful earthy and herbal tones, this is exactly what a great Sancerre should be.
- Item #: i_302673Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine is produced from vineyards in the village of Bué (principally the “Clos du Chene Marchand”) that are planted uniquely to clay-limestone soils, known as “caillottes and griottes” which yield a wine of particularly fine quality and exceptional length. Usually harvested earlier than the other cuvées because of the excellent exposure of the vines to the sun, “Le Chene” maintains an elegant acidity in support of the ripe fruit of these well-positioned vines.
Le Chêne is a vineyard located in the commune of Bué, and is highly reputed for its quality wines.
Notes of fresh grapes, citrus, lemon zest and grapefruit.
Palate : Nice attack with volume and fat. Wet chalk, mineral and long in the mouth
- Item #: i_345938Bottle Size: 750mlThis Sauvignon Blanc from the Loire Valley is sourced from vineyards in Touraine and Anjou. It is made in manner to preserve freshness. Clean, crisp and dry with flavors of citrus, passion fruit, gooseberry and minerality.
- Item #: i_373252Bottle Size: 750MLThe Delaille family has owned Domaine du Salvard for more than a century; they have passed it down through generations and expanded the property from 25 acres to nearly 90. Brothers Emmanuel and Thierry represent the fifth generation of the family to farm the land, which they now work sustainably, and continue the winemaking tradition. Their white wine is an 85/15% blend of Sauvignon Blanc and CHARDONNAY; crisp and light, a blend of tropical fruit notes and citrus, the wine has great acidity and plenty of minerality.
- Item #: i_352310Bottle Size: 750mlTissot is from an old Jura family (there are enough Tissots in the Jura to keep a genealogist busy for years) and has turned his family’s property into both one of the region’s most dynamic presences—biodynamics, amphorae, all the usual shiny things—as well as one of its bigger landholders, with more than 50 hectares.
- Item #: i_352238Bottle Size: 750mlORANIC APPROACH - NO HERIBICIDEN NO INSECTICIDE, NO ANTI-ROT TREATMENT
Arguably one of the top two producers in Sancerre with some of the best vineyard sites, Vincent Pinard is dedicated to his craft. He is based in Bué and has 15 ha of vines. Vincent certainly makes the most of this privileged position, crafting some of the most exciting wines in the appellation. The excessively low yields, hand harvesting and modern winery, complete with temperature controlled vats, result in enticing, aromatic and intense wines. Although not certified organic, they do not use any pesticides in the vineyard.
The Cuvée Harmonie is aged in barriques and is rounded, restrained and extremely complex.
- Item #: i_352046Bottle Size: 750mlVincent and Cosette Pinard’s 15 hectare Domaine extends over steep limestone slopes around Bué. The excessively low yields, hand harvesting and modern winery, complete with temperature controlled vats, result in enticing, aromatic and intense wines. 100% tank fermented and aged. As the name suggests this cuvee is very floral. Fine crisp and very classic there is plenty of fruit here, lemon, lime and grapefruit zest with a ripe juicy acidity, a strong complex terroir dimension is obvious, too, with its chalky, mineral touches.