- Item #: i_350399Bottle Size: 750ml#51 WINE ENTHUSIAST TOP 100 of 2018
WINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - "A single vineyard offering from selected parcels in the La Moussiere vineyard. Certified biodynamic. 7-8 months on fine lees after fermentation, prior to bottling. This wine comes from Mellot's home domaine of La Moussière, It is young and intense, with a mix of spice, concentrated citrus and crisp acidity. The depth of flavor in this wine is extraordinary and merits aging. Drink from 2020."
- Item #: i_352587\Bottle Size: 750mlFrom 25- to 50-year-old vines…displays a very clear, deep, flinty-pure and coolish, but also intense and mineral nose of great precision and individual expression. This Sancerre is full-bodied, very complex and mineral on the palate, with a clear and elegant, very persistent fruit, great grip and lingering salinity.
- Item #: i_349966Bottle Size: 750mlno herbicides, no pesticides, no anti-botrytis and in some areas we are practicing organic
This "Baby Sancerre" from the small appelation of Coteaux du Giennois near the Loire River is pale gold in color with aromas of white flowers, citrus and exotic fruits (grapefruit, passion fruit). The palate is refreshing with good balance showing additional notes of quince and pear. 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Item #: i_333451Bottle Size: 750MLThe incremental changes made in both the winery and vineyards over the years and more recently by Benjamin Dagueneau have come together with a vintage that could best express what he was trying to say. Aromatic ripeness without high alcohol. Massive mineral concentration that will yield over time and marry perfectly with the high-toned fruit components and barrel and bottle complexity that seem in perfect harmony. The most young and backward of the bunch (as usual), this wine has massive acidity that provides the perfect balance to the mineral profile that is so prevalent in the mouth. No shortage of fruit, but for the time being, this wine is all about structure and potential. Sit back and marvel at what the years have in store for this wine, and make sure you save some.
- Item #: i_350379Bottle Size: 750mlIn 1936, Quincy became the first Loire wine to earn AOC status, second in all of France only to Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Thanks to the sandy soils and warm microclimate, the Sauvignon Blanc here is able to ripen more fully than in better-known villages such as Sancerre to the north. At Domaine Trotereau, Pierre Ragon is blessed with vines over 100 years old that are still producing exceptional fruit. Lush, aromatic, and zingy, Pierre’s old-vine Quincy has a mouth-coating texture and charming notes of tangerine that are certain to earn this great appellation the following it deserves. —Anthony Lynch
- Item #: i_351337Bottle Size: 750mlLocated in the western portion of the Sancerre appellation, Chavignol has a unique type of soil called, in French, “terres blanches.” The region is essentially a chalk plateau (the same vein as is found in Chablis) with clay and limestone soils. The top vineyards, ‘Monts Damnés,’ ‘Grande Côte,’ and ‘Les Culs de Beaujeu,’ are perched on steep hillsides with little topsoil. Cotat as a rule harvests by hand and very late, as pushing ripeness to the extreme is one element that gives these wines their weighty texture and complexity. While Cotat is not organically certified, his habits are more or less according to organic principles. He does not treat his vines with pesticides; uses only indigenous yeasts for fermentation; and follows the lunar cycle for racking. Wines are barrel-fermented in older demi-muids and aged in larger tonneaux. All wines are bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- Item #: i_345059Bottle Size: 750mlIsabelle Garrault is the 10th generation of her family to grow grapes in Sancerre.
Based in the village of Verdigny
40 year old vines on average
Grown on terre blanches and caillotes
Fermented and aged in tank
A pure-fruited, elegantly racy and electric Sancerre
A complex bouquet displays lime, lemon zest, wet stone, flowers and a hint of smoky herbs. Stains the palate with zesty lemongrass and ripe pear flavors enlivened by vibrant acidity.
- Item #: i_315005Bottle Size: 750MLThere is perhaps no better match for a dozen oysters than this minerally Sancerre from one of the best producers in the region. The wine displays textbook Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc, with bright acidity, smoke, citrus, and grassiness. It is Insanely addictive and so so good with shellfish! Hippolyte Reverdy's family has been making wine in the charming village of Verdigny, a commune of Sancerre in the eastern Loire, for many generations- perhaps as far back as 1600.
- Item #: i_345552Bottle Size: 750MLRoger & Didier Raimbault have been growing grapes in Sancerre for ten generations. Experience, technical savoir-faire and nature combined allow them to produce wines of great quality, respecting the typical characteristics of each vintage. The estate is located in Verdigny in the heart of Sancerre with two vineyards, Les Terres Blanches and Les Caillottes. The two grape varieties that are used in Sancerre are Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir. The white wines are fresh, fruity and elegant, the rosés are delicate and subtle and the reds are perfumed and smooth. “When nature gives you a treasure, please respect and share it”.
Light yellow with gold tints. An elegant nose that is fruity with aromas of citrus and tropical fruit. Beautifully fresh, intense aromas that come from ripe sauvignon blanc. Good length and minerality. Can be enjoyed as an aperitif, with sea-food, fish dishes or cheese.
- Item #: i_370710Bottle Size: 750MLThe grapes for this basic cuvée of Sancerre are sourced from the vineyards in Bué, Vinon and Crézancy. After harvest, fermentation is done in stainless steel cuves at temperatures between 14 and 18 degrees Celsius. As with all the whites at the domaine, this wine sits in contact with the fine lies for a considerable period of time with the racking being done late in the spring following harvest. The first bottling occurs no earlier than July and frequently does not occur until September of the year following harvest.
- Item #: i_302673Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine is produced from vineyards in the village of Bué (principally the “Clos du Chene Marchand”) that are planted uniquely to clay-limestone soils, known as “caillottes and griottes” which yield a wine of particularly fine quality and exceptional length. Usually harvested earlier than the other cuvées because of the excellent exposure of the vines to the sun, “Le Chene” maintains an elegant acidity in support of the ripe fruit of these well-positioned vines.
Le Chêne is a vineyard located in the commune of Bué, and is highly reputed for its quality wines.
Notes of fresh grapes, citrus, lemon zest and grapefruit.
Palate : Nice attack with volume and fat. Wet chalk, mineral and long in the mouth
- Item #: i_351647Bottle Size: 750mlNo. 2 Bright & Crisp
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc from several parcels in Sancerre and Touraine in the Loire Valley of France
- Estate Grown and bottle at Villebois Winery by head wine maker Patrice Merceron
- This is a fun, upbeat and easy-drinking expression of Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc, like the name suggests its bright and full of zesty citrus aromas, enough acidity to keep it super refreshing while delivering a fruit-forward pallet of kaffir lime and gooseberries, simple and delicious!
- Headquartered in the heart of downtown Venice Beach, CA
- Collaborates with small, family owned and operated wineries around the world to produce sustainably farmed, estate grown wines
- All wines are developed using a crowd-sourcing method of style selection where large groups of average wine consumers blind taste dozens of wines and describe their favorites in common vernacular
- The styles are intended to be very easy-drinking, crowd pleasing options that the vast majority of wine consumers will enjoy, not ponder over
- all marketing includes fun hashtags, educational labels, and easy to understand wine-speak to appeal to a wide array of new and often younger generations of wine consumers
- Item #: i_350927Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91James Suckling: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Subtle aromas of hot stones, flint and dried mangoes following through to a full body, with layers of fruit. A tangy and bright finish. A typically bright and vivid Loire sauvignon."
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "A pure, chiseled style, with tarragon and verbena notes streaking through, while lemon curd and white peach flavors hold the core. Flint and gooseberry accents chime in on the finish."
- Item #: i_345938Bottle Size: 750mlThis Sauvignon Blanc from the Loire Valley is sourced from vineyards in Touraine and Anjou. It is made in manner to preserve freshness. Clean, crisp and dry with flavors of citrus, passion fruit, gooseberry and minerality.
- Item #: i_322547Bottle Size: 750mlThe Riffault family have been winegrowers for several generations and their vineyards of Sauvignon Blanc are located in Sancerre on the left bank of the Loire River. The grapes are vinified in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks and are not exposed to oak.
This Sancerre displays aromas of hawthorne, floral aromas, white orchard fruits, grapefruit zest and citrus. On the palate, this wine is clean, crisp and dry with ripe fruit characteristics and wonderful freshness.
- Item #: i_373252Bottle Size: 750MLThe Delaille family has owned Domaine du Salvard for more than a century; they have passed it down through generations and expanded the property from 25 acres to nearly 90. Brothers Emmanuel and Thierry represent the fifth generation of the family to farm the land, which they now work sustainably, and continue the winemaking tradition. Their white wine is an 85/15% blend of Sauvignon Blanc and CHARDONNAY; crisp and light, a blend of tropical fruit notes and citrus, the wine has great acidity and plenty of minerality.
- Item #: i_352310Bottle Size: 750mlTissot is from an old Jura family (there are enough Tissots in the Jura to keep a genealogist busy for years) and has turned his family’s property into both one of the region’s most dynamic presences—biodynamics, amphorae, all the usual shiny things—as well as one of its bigger landholders, with more than 50 hectares.
- Item #: i_352238Bottle Size: 750mlORANIC APPROACH - NO HERIBICIDEN NO INSECTICIDE, NO ANTI-ROT TREATMENT
Arguably one of the top two producers in Sancerre with some of the best vineyard sites, Vincent Pinard is dedicated to his craft. He is based in Bué and has 15 ha of vines. Vincent certainly makes the most of this privileged position, crafting some of the most exciting wines in the appellation. The excessively low yields, hand harvesting and modern winery, complete with temperature controlled vats, result in enticing, aromatic and intense wines. Although not certified organic, they do not use any pesticides in the vineyard.
The Cuvée Harmonie is aged in barriques and is rounded, restrained and extremely complex.
- Item #: i_352046Bottle Size: 750mlVincent and Cosette Pinard’s 15 hectare Domaine extends over steep limestone slopes around Bué. The excessively low yields, hand harvesting and modern winery, complete with temperature-controlled vats, result in enticing, aromatic and intense wines. 100% tank-fermented and aged. As the name suggests this cuvée is very floral. Fine, crisp and very classic, there is plenty of fruit here: lemon, lime and grapefruit zest with a ripe juicy acidity; a strong complex terroir dimension is obvious, too, with its chalky, mineral touches.