- Item #: i_353217Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Meursault Criots is lovely, exhibiting scents of citrus oil, white flowers, and linden mingled with hints of pastry cream and crushed rocks. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, satiny and nicely concentrated, with a layered, tensile core and a long, chalky finish. Given its location next to Les Santenots, it’s impressive that Ballot managed to produce such a racy wine."
- Item #: i_351034Bottle Size: 750mlThe Boisson-Vadot wines are the best bottles of Burgundy that you've never heard of. They are largely consumed by a dedicated following in France. What is exported to the US overwhelmingly ends up on wine lists at The French Laundry and Eleven Madison Park.
Bernard, his son Pierre, and daughter Anne, are the best kept secret in Burgundy's Côte de Beaune. The family's friendship with Domaine Coche-Dury has clearly had an impact on the style of wine here, one with a magical touch of reduction that so many try to emulate with very few finding similar success. Here that reduction is executed brilliantly, offering a flinty and saturating mineral quality matched with deep texture and outrageous concentration and length.
- Item #: i_353322Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINT - "A big red, rich in texture, laced with black cherry, pomegranate and violet notes, showing hints of iron and earth. Features a solid structure underneath and finishes long and sappy."
- Item #: i_345111Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR - 92 POINTS : A pure, lean style, exhibiting flavors of apple, lemon and sweet baking spices, with a hint of butterscotch. Taut and resonant, featuring a long, expanding finish. Best from 2019 through 2025. 200 cases imported. –BS
VINOUSMEDIA.COM - 86-88 POINTS : (aging in 10% new oak): Pale color. White peach, lemon and a touch of stone on the nose. Plump and rich, in fact a bit loose-knit, conveying an impression of elevated alcohol. This smooth wine shows a floral element but only moderate flavor development. Not bad. - Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_344258Bottle Size: 750MLTillets is south facing and therefore profiting in more sunlight. This vineyard used to have lime-trees (called Tille Tillet Or) growing around the outskirts which in the medeival times were used for creating medicines. This soil gives us a wine that shows off the wonderful characteristics of a typical Meursault - the subtle yet powerful aromas staying loyal to its name. Subtle aromas of stone fruits, with a bold palate, balanced minerality, and a long, elegant finish. Pairs well with salmon.
- Item #: i_379227Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Bruno Gobillard is in Pierry, near Epernay. The estate was created in 1994 when Bruno Gobillard, then a 28-year-old from a long-established Champagne producing family, decided to strike out on his own. Bruno Gobillard has 17 acres of vineyards located in the communes of Moussy, Pierry, Epernay, Cramant, Chatilllonsur-Marne and La Chapelle Montaudon. The vines are an average of 30 years old. The Gobillard family has been growing grapes and making Champagne in the region since the mid-19th century.
- Item #: i_351922Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 95JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "Gorgeous ripe fruit character, with loads of blueberries, blackberries and flowers. Full body, with velvety tannins and a fruity, fresh, grapefruit aftertaste. Really beautiful. Best ever from here. Best after 2018."
- Item #: i_350966Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "e 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Quarts, co-owned by Olivier Merlin and Dominique Lafon, does not include the oldest vines in this particular vintage. Since these were planted in 1917, this plot was bottled separately in magnums to celebrate its centenary. It has a very classy bouquet, one that is beautifully defined with orange pith, apricot, lime flower and jasmine aromas that all gain intensity with aeration. The quality terroir comes through, even without those old vines. The palate is fresh and citrus-driven on the entry, bright and vivid with notes of orange rind, pine kernels, hints of mango and spice. This feels very harmonious and focused, demonstrating impressive depth on the flinty finish. This is a very impressive Pouilly-Fuissé from one of its most historic and now rejuvenated vineyards"
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS -"The 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Quarts is very pretty, opening in the glass with a complex bouquet of peach, confit citrus, lemon and smoke, framed by a judicious touch of recently used oak. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, satiny and elegant, with succulent balancing acids. This is an ample, approachable and open-knit rendition of the Clos des Quarts, replete with immediate charm."
- Item #: i_311186Bottle Size: 750ML.it exhibits a dense ruby color in addition to a classic Pauillac nose of cedarwood, black currants, underbrush, and new oak. A dense, plush, forward, precocious offering, it is meant to be drunk upon release, and should age nicely for a decade or more. - Robert Parker, robertparker.com
- Item #: i_353491Bottle Size: 750mlThis 2018 Chablis Montée de Tonnèrre is, as usual, very impressive indeed. The vineyards famous heavy limestone marl soils give gravitas and amplitude. Intense and impeccably balanced, it shows a crystalline purity, nuance and serious depth. Coming from Chablis finest 1er Cru vineyard (just next to Grand Cru Blanchots) the wine displays superb pedigree and harmony. As approachable as this is now, don’t forget to put some away for a few years.
The wines of Domaine Christophe all display classic Chablis notes of shells and green apples on the nose, along with a pretty, underlying hint of white flower and lemon. It’s the kind of bright nose that gives the drinker an intimation of the acidity and tension that will follow on the palate, which is indeed nervy but also generous with an appealing balance of flavours offset by a rocky, shell-y harmony. The wine finishes with the sort of mouth-coating minerality and mouth-watering citrusy acidity that makes Chablis a favourite amongst lovers of wines that truly reflect their terroir.
- Item #: i_351752Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 93WINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - "While this dry wine's crisp apple, white grapefruit and pear notes are understated on the nose and palate, its opulent, creamy mouthfeel is the showcase. Full bodied and honeyed yet not heavy, it shows hints of cashew, earth and saline complexities in development. Although drinking elegantly now, it should be even better from 2026."
- Item #: i_344007Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94James Suckling: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS: "From the considerable talents of the Léoville Las Cases team, the 2016 Clos du Marquis is made from 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 24% Merlot, and the rest Cabernet Franc that was raised in 60% new French oak. This full-bodied, concentrated, incredibly elegant Saint Julien has the purity and balance that’s the hallmark of the vintage as well as loads of underlying structure and depth. Great notes of ripe black cherries, blackcurrants, spring flowers, and graphite all emerge from this beauty, which is going to be one for the ages. It will need 8-10 years of cellaring and keep for three decades."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS: "This has a very suave, fresh and upbeat feel overall, with freshly baked berry pastry and ripe raspberry, boysenberry and red-plum aromas in abundance. The palate has a superb array of rich, fresh and deeply fruited tannins that roll smoothly into the elegant, focused and perfectly balanced finish. Try from 2023."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS: "Blended of 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 24% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Franc, the 2016 Clos du Marquis has a very deep garnet-purple color and is a little broody to begin, giving way to notes of crushed blackcurrants and black cherries with touches of warm plums, pencil shavings, earth and new leather with a waft of yeast extract. Medium-bodied with a rock-solid frame of grainy tannins, it has bold fruit matched by freshness, finishing long and mineral laced."
- Item #: i_345233Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 92ROBERT PARKER 92 POINTS - "Perennially one of the best Côtes du Rhône on the market, the Perrins have hit the mark again with their 2015 Cotes du Rhone Coudoulet de Beaucastel. So complex, lush and rich, it can compete with many producers' Châteauneufs, this vintage reveals dark fruit, hints of cola, cinnamon and allspice and a long, slightly warm finish."
- Item #: i_377220Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93+Mycorhize is a flagship bottling honoring the vital symbiosis of vine roots and fungi. The cuvee is entirely based on 60 plus year old, biodynamically farmed Chardonnay vines from the Les Hauts Nemery lieux-dit in Avize. All the base wine was fermented and "raised" in oak barrels. It was disgorged in January 2017 and finished with minimal dosage of 4g/l. The result is a very pure and mineral Champagne that is well structured with great finesse and extraordinary length.
- Item #: i_352941Bottle Size: 750mlSince the mid 2000s, synthetic treatments of herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers were systematically abandoned one step at a time until they were all gone from his land before the turn of the decade. Then his interest in the inexplicable but observable energies of our mysterious universe and its influence on grapes and wine came to be central to his decision-making. The moon is his compass for the timing of processes during growing, farming, picking, racking and bottling.
On his top two Pommard wines, Les Vignots and Les Charmots, they are aged for 14-16 months in 70% older oak barrels and 30% new, while on the village appellation wines they typically land between 90-80% old oak barrels. The wines may receive a light filtration but are never fined.
Vignots, the most ethereal, complex wine in Demougeot's range of reds, is the marriage of the two words, vigne and haut, which means high vines. It does indeed come from a set of vineyards high in altitude that extend above 300 meters on the north hill of Pommard. Planted in 1983, this 0.21 hectare site faces directly south on a steep slope inside the narrow valley known as la Petite Combe on a thin topsoil of limestone and clay before the roots dig into the limestone bedrock. Its defining characteristics, higher altitude, south face, windy, steep, thin topsoil and limestone bedrock are on full display with Demougeot's soft approach in the cellar and rigorous organic work in vineyards.
- Item #: i_351627Bottle Size: 750mlINSIDE BURGUNDY 91 POINTS - ""Dense black purple. I cannot tease out the nose at first, but there is a beautiful, balanced weight of fruit in the mouth, with a fresh mineral finish, lots of stones in the soil, and a saline finish. Nicolas describes it as digeste, a wine that slips down easily. Tasted: December 2018."
- Item #: i_353662Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine du Pélican has been farming 'En Barbi' for almost a decade. This extremely special plot is so rich in limestone that it actually looks white! This chalky and mineral-driven Chardonnay oozes with flavors of ripe yellow fruit, chalk, green apple, and toast. This small-production cuvée is a must-have for lovers of Jura, Chardonnay, and all things Marquis d'Angerville.
- Item #: i_351884Bottle Size: 750mlThis small but outstanding domaine was created in 1840 by the great-grandfather of Régis Forey, the current proprietaire. This village wine is from three parcels of about one hectare total size that are planted to vines of more than sixty years of age. The two primary parcels are in “Plantes Aux Barons” (.40 hectare) and “Charbonnieres” (.60 hectare), both of which are in Prémeaux on its northern border with Nuits. These low-yielding old vines produce a concentrated and classic Nuits.
- Item #: i_351282Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Aromas of lime zest, Anjour pear, oatmeal and dried white flowers introduce the 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières, a full-bodied, ample and satiny wine, with lovely mid-palate depth and dimension, concluding with a long, penetrating finish. The alliance of elegance with concentration and volume marks this out as potentially the finest of Ferret's 2016s, though the Tournant de Pouilly may give it a run for its money."
- Item #: i_351283Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Decanter: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly is one of the more reserved wines in the portfolio, unfurling reluctantly in the glass with notes of ripe lemons, yellow orchard fruit and pastry cream. On the palate, it's full-bodied, deep and dense, with considerable concentration and substance, balanced by the bright acids that this domaine seems so unfailingly to capture. This has considerable aging potential and will demand two or three years' patience."
DECANTER 93 POINTS - "This cuvée hails from one hectare of old vines in an east-facing climat near the hamlet of Pouilly. A sweet bouquet of confit citrus, yellow orchard fruit, fresh almonds and orange zest is followed by a full-bodied, vibrant palate with an almost electric sense of energy, lovely depth at the core, and a long, pure finish. This is beautifully bright, yet also clearly the product of ripe grapes."
BURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A pungent combination offers up strong notes of petrol where additional breadth is present in the form of essence of white orchard fruit and oak toast. The mouth feel of the equally sized flavors is slightly more refined yet there is fine concentration and punch on the bitter lemon-inflected finish. This needs a few years to better harmonize and to develop better depth but the underlying material appears to be present such that it should progressively improve."