- Item #: i_353883Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The vicissitudes of climate and disease mean that Rapet hasn't produced a viable yield from this site for years, and he opted to retain the excellent 2015 rendition for his personal consumption, so the 2017 Beaune 1er Cru Bressandes marks the return of a cuvée consumers haven't seen for some time. Bursting from the glass with aromas of cassis, wild berries and sweet soil tones, it's medium to full-bodied, ample and layered, with a rich core of fruit framed by fine tannins and succulent acids. It will be well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_353130Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Well-structured, juicy and bursting with energy, showing cherry, raspberry and spice flavors, with stony, chalky notes. Though this red is firm, the lively acidity drives the long, mouthwatering finish."
- Item #: i_311204Bottle Size: 750mlBrothers Bertrand and Denis Chevillon are the fifth generation managers of this property in Nuits- Saint-Georges, which means they work the vines and make the wines. Their father Robert, for whom the domaine is named, is still active as well. Both brothers bring passion, experience, a tireless work ethic, and intensity to their work at the domaine. Tasting through their palate of Nuits- Saint-Georges is a venerable tour of the appellation. Their Passetoutgrain, a blend of Pinot and Gamay, is a worthy introduction and their rare (two barrels made) Nuits-Saint-Georges Blanc made from the “Pinot Gouges” is an exotic treasure that ages just as long as the domaine’s fabled reds. And their Bourgogne Aligoté, Bourgogne Chardonnay and Bourgogne Rouge are grown and vinified with the same care as their premier crus. It shows.
- Item #: i_352768Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "A generous bouquet of marzipan and ripe pears that's subtly framed by new wood introduces the 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé En Bertillonne, a medium to full-bodied, deep and muscular wine that's textural and blocky in profile, with ripe underlying acids and a heady finish. Its structure and concentration are impressive, but it will merit a little bottle age."
- Item #: i_352548Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90There's not a whole lot of Chardonnay vines planted in Marsannay - who better to farm them than one of the masters of the region - Sylvain Pataille.
Sylvain Pataille is one of those rare vignerons whose hard work and dedication has elevated the overall quality and public perception of the wines in his village. Sylvain, and his brother Laurent, now farm 15 hectares of vineyards located exclusively in Marsannay. They have been pushing hard to designate some of the special terroir there as 1er Cru, and it will likely happen soon. When you shake Sylvain's hands you are reminded that these are hands that work really hard! They are rough as sandpaper because he is out in the vineyards 11 months of the year. Sylvain is also a very talented chemist who so excelled at his classes in Bordeaux that he in the consulting enologist at 15 or so great domaines in Burgundy including Domaine Roumier in Chambolle-Musigny and Chateau de la Tour in Clos Vougeot. He is very passionate and devoted to his domaine in Marsannay which he built from nothing. His first vintage was in 1999. Like Bruno Clair he is an indefatigable champion of the village of Marsannay. Sylvain has been organically certified since 2008, and has been employing biodynamics in the vineyards and cellar for over a decade. With the exception of small amounts of sulphur when needed, there are no additions whatsoever. His wines are both “natural” and completely classic . . . black magic!
- Item #: i_333722Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Pretty aromas and flavors of cherry jam, raspberry, violet and earth are backed by dusty tannins in this red, which is focused, if dominated by the tannins for now. Fine length. Drink now through 2027.'
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chorey-lès-Beaune Village is blended with the fruit from La Pièce du Chapitre this year due to a lack of quantity. It has a ravishing, forward and expressive bouquet with plenty of raspberry coulis and blueberry notes, very pure and nicely defined. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannins. There is a fine bead of acidity, almost candied toward the finish with veins of orange zest and spice lingering in the mouth. This comes highly recommended."