- Item #: i_374662Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS-"A 100% Pinot Noir here with a terrific floral nose: violets and red roses, some gently flinty reductive notes and red berries to boot. The palate's impressive thanks to plenty of tannin and a really impressive structure. Bold, long and very pure. Red-cherry-pip finish. Drink now."
- Item #: i_330810Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91JOHN GILMAN 93+ POINTS-"The current release of the Gosset Grande Rosé is primarily based on the 2008 vintage (with five percent reserve wines in the blend) and is a blend of fifty-eight percent chardonnay and forty-two percent pinot noir (with eight percent of the pinot being still red wine in the blend). The Gosset Grande Rosé has always been one of my favorite examples of rosé Champagne, with its pale salmon color and its great elegance. This new release is superb, offering up a pure and complex nose of strawberries, mandarin oranges, chalky minerality, smoke, a touch of cinnamon and a topnote of rose petals. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, zesty and impressively light on its feet, with a great core of fruit, elegant and frothy mousse, excellent focus and a very long, well-balanced and refined finish. High class juice!"
- Item #: i_325268Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92Burghound: 92JOHN GILMAN VIEW FROM THE CELLAR 92 POINTS -"Like the non-vintage Brut, the Billiot Brut Rosé is comprised of between seventy-five and eighty percent Pinot Noir, with a bit of still red wine blended in to give its lovely salmon color. As with all of the Billiot bottlings, the vins clairs do not go through malo. The excellent bouquet jumps from the glass in a pure and classy blend of white cherries, tangerine, a touch of cinnamon, wheat toast, gentle smokiness and a complex base of chalky minerality. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, crisp and nascently complex, with a fine core, pinpoint bubbles and lovely length and grip on the poised, focused and zesty finish. This is not as expressive on the palate today as it is aromatically, but all of the constituent components are in place for an exquisite bottle of Brut Rosé with a bit more bottle age, so just tuck this lovely bottle away in a cool corner of the cellar for a couple of years and let time work its magic- it will be well worth the wait! 2018-2030+."
STEPHEN TANZER'S INTERNATIONAL WINE CELLAR 92 POINTS "(75% pinot noir and 25% chardonnay; 50% of the wine is from 2009, 25% from 2008 and 25% from 2007; disgorged June, 2011): Light orange. High-pitched aromas of redcurrant and strawberry, with deeper rhubarb and rose oil nuances and a hint of white pepper. Bright and nervy on the palate, showing tangy red berry and blood orange flavors that gain flesh and weight with air. Closes on a chalky note, with very good energy and lingering spiciness."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 - "An undercurrent of minerality supports ripe black cherry and black raspberry flavors, with hints of pastry, cream and candied grapefruit peel. Finely meshed and focused by vibrant acidity. Disgorged March 2011. Drink now through 2016."
- Item #: i_332410Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The NV Brut Rose Premier Cru offers an enticing floral life to its notes of mint, roses, pomegranate and sweet spices. This powerful, mineral-driven wine possesses tons of depth and personality in a vinous style that will blossom to the fullest at the dinner table. The Champagne continues to grow in the glass, suggesting it is still holding much of its potential in reserve. This is another compelling wine from Guy Larmandier. The estate’s Rose is based on the Brut Premier Cru blend, plus about 12% still Pinot from Vertus."
From writer Peter Liem: ""This estate is related to both Larmandier-Bernier, in Vertus, and Pierre Gimonnet, in Cuis, as well as to Waris-Larmandier in Avize. Guy Larmandier's brother, Philippe, was the father of Pierre Larmandier, proprietor of Larmandier-Bernier. Guy's sister, Françoise Larmandier, married Michel Gimonnet, father of Olivier and Didier Gimonnet, who run the estate of Pierre Gimonnet today. Currently the Guy Larmandier estate is in the hands of Guy's son, François. François's sister, Marie-Hélène, is married to Vincent Waris, and together they formed the estate of Waris-Larmandier, although Marie-Hélène divides her time between the two estates. Larmandier's cuvées are separated by terroir: from the vines in Vertus, Larmandier produces a non-vintage brut, packaged in a white label and composed of 90 percent chardonnay and 10 percent pinot noir. This also serves as the base for the brut rosé, made with the addition of red wine from Vertus. "
- Item #: i_333852Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91There are many reasons why this wine is as popular as it is. Some tracks from Pink Floyd's "The Wall" album were laid down at the Château, in a studio built by the well-known jazz pianist and composer Jacques Loussier in 1970 when we took ownership of the property. When contemplating seminal albums in the rock pantheon of the ages, this is generally one of a handful near the summit. Other musicians over the years have also used the Château's facilities to record in: Sting, Sade, The Cranberries, The Gipsy Kings.
For a more recent popular reference, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have taken up residence and have given impetus to the heart of the estate as a place dedicated to the arts-- music, cinema, theatre, local food and fine wine. Kudos to them for not over-aggrandizing their presence; the elegant design and packaging of the bottle has a simple message on the back: "Mis en bouteille par Jolie-Pitt & Perrin." The main reason this wine is popular is simple: it's a fantastic Côtes de Provence Rosé. Compared to some of the rosés we've seen and tasted priced in the mid-$30s, this is quite a bargain as well as being lush and delicious.
Since 2012, the owners of Château Miraval have partnered with Famille Perrin (Château Beaucastel) to help with the viticulture, winemaking and wine distribution. As one of the leading French wine producing families, Famille Perrin is experienced in producing high caliber wines. With investments in the latest winemaking technology and a passion for excellence at every stage of production, Château Miraval is dedicated to delivering top quality wines to international acclaim. The estate is cultivated 100% organically and the wine is a blend of Cinsault, Grenache, Syrah and Rolle.