- Item #: i_350155Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 94BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "The wood treatment has been almost completely integrated and allows the similar but more reserved, riper and more densely fruited and floral-suffused nose to display its charms while leading to elegant, pure and every bit as serious formidably-scaled flavors brimming with dry extract on the textured, concentrated and palate staining finish that seems to go on and on. Like the regular cuvée, there is less youthful austerity here than I'm used to seeing with more overall depth of material. A terrific '07 but note that ample patience will be required."
- Item #: i_351541Bottle Size: 750mlChavy-Chouet's Pinot Noir is classified as humble Bourgogne Rouge, but the fruit for it comes from an excellent single-vineyard site near Pommard. Great value. Soft, elegant red berry flavours; a hint of earthy spice; superb structure and balance. This Pinot Noir comes from the 'La Taupe' vineyard, a very good Pinot Noir site near Pommard.
- Item #: i_352165Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95BURGHOUND 95 POINTS: "An exceptionally fresh combination of high-toned, pure and quite elegant red cherry and raspberry aromas is liberally laced with warm earth and iron nuances. Similarly, there is really lovely purity to the gorgeously well-detailed, intense and muscular medium weight plus flavors that brim with dry extract and a caressing mouth feel before terminating in a mouth coating and explosively long finish. This is relentlessly persistent with outstanding depth on the palate staining finish. A knockout vintage for this wine but it's not one to buy if you intend on drinking it anytime soon. *Outstanding!*"
ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS: "The 2010 Pommard Clos des Epeneaux could be Leroux’s finest so far. It has a convincing, elegant bouquet that at this early juncture bears semblances to the 2008, but ramps up the intensity without compensating on delineation, with subtle notes of spice and balsam coming through. The palate is medium-bodied with a sweet, candied entry. This is very pure, soft and caressing in the mouth but around the sides you can feel the tannins gently exerting their grip. There is not a hair out of place on this glorious, shimmering Clos des Epeneaux. Magnifique!"
- Item #: i_351507Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 90 - 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Auxey Duresses 1er Cru was reduced to eight barrels this year with one of those new, and the fruit this year including 10% whole bunch. It has a clean and fresh black plum and red cherry-scented bouquet that is nicely defined. I appreciate the purity here, simmering undergrowth scents tucked just underneath the carapace of fruit. The palate is medium-bodied with crunchy red fruit—cranberry and raspberry preserve—with a light tang of soy toward the vivacious finish and a pinch of black pepper on the aftertaste. There is not much of it, but what there is, is delightful."
- Item #: i_351506Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 - 94 POINTS, SWEET SPOT OUTSTANDING - "A background whiff of wood easily allows the earthy yet quite pretty aromas of plum, violet, dark cherry and soft spice nuances to shine. The mouth feel of the slightly bigger and richer flavors is also admirably sleek while delivering excellent length on the mouth coating and well-balanced finish. This is perhaps a bit less structured than is usually the case as it should be reasonably approachable young if that's your preference." DRINK 2028+
- Item #: i_351016Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 93 POINTS-OUTSTANDING!: "The intensely floral-suffused nose reveals notes of lavender, rose petal and lilac along with plenty of spice elements on the mostly dark berry fruit aromas. There is notably more volume to the equally pure medium weight plus flavors that positively vibrate with energy and minerality before culminating in a harmonious and beautifully well-balanced finale. This marvelously complex effort really builds from the mid-palate as the finish is sneaky long."
- Item #: i_351015Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95BURGHOUND 95 POINTS: "An extract of black cherry nose is interwoven with notes of earth, violet, spice and plum liqueur scents. The very dense and serious yet vibrant and relatively refined big-bodied flavors brim with dry extract that serves to mostly buffer the powerful and very firm tannic spine on the once again naturally sweet, sappy and massively long finish. As is often the case with the de Vogüé Bonnes Mares, this is a 'buy and forget you own it' wine."
- Item #: i_352144Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96ROBERT PARKER 94-96 POINTS: "The 2016 Bonnes Mares Grand Cru was 70% affected by the frost, though François explained that the north side was spared the damage. It offers slightly darker fruit on the nose compared to the Les Amoureuses: blackcurrant, tobacco, sage and in the background a touch of flint and violet petal. The palate is medium-bodied with fine-grain tannin, though not quite as supple as the Les Amoureuses. I admire the symmetry here: a detailed and linear Bonnes Mares with impressive mineralité on the finish that lingers 45 to 60 seconds after the wine has departed."
- Item #: i_350454Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93BURGHOUND 93 POINTS-OUTSTANDING!: "This is equally pretty and even cooler with its airy if slightly riper mix of both red and dark pinot fruit, violet, plum, exotic tea and all but invisible wood nuances. There is excellent volume and punch to the focused and quite powerful medium weight flavors that possess a caressing mouthfeel on the even more mineral-inflected finish that goes on and on. Note well however that this palate coating effort is very much built-to-age and is going to need it."
- Item #: i_334050Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 97BURGHOUND 97 POINTS: "Deep ruby color. A kaleidoscopically spicy and broad-ranging nose grudgingly reveals notes of red cherry, cassis, plum, violet, Asian-style tea, sandalwood and hoisin. The velvety and mouth coating imposingly-scaled and intense mineral-driven flavors are blessed with seemingly endless reserves of dry extract that coat the palate on the highly seductive finish that delivers fantastically good length on the youthfully austere, backward and immaculately well-balanced finale. This opulent yet very serious effort is also going to require a very long snooze in a very cool cellar but it should be a remarkable Musigny when it finally emerges. I would add that I don't know if this will be potentially one of the all-time great vintages for the de Vogüé Musigny but my guess is that it will at least be in the conversation, which given the historical track record of this wine, is no small compliment."
- Item #: i_351083Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "Initially there was some mild reduction present but some aggressive aeration allowed the notably stylish aromas of spice, red berry fruit, herbal tea and a hint of wood to express themselves. There is a lovely sense of detail to the supple, intense and focused middle weight flavors that display good if not truly special complexity on the balanced and solidly lingering finish. As is the case with many '07s today this is a lighter version of the appellation which would allow it to be enjoyed now even in magnum format. However, for my taste I would suggest holding this for another 6 to 10 years first to allow for more overall depth to develop."
- Item #: i_351084Bottle Size: 750mlALLEN MEADOWS - BURGHOUND 95 POINTS - "This is also notably floral in character with a panoply of spice elements that add both depth and breadth to the cool cherry, raspberry and red currant aromas. As was the case with the Beaux Monts there is a spicy inner mouth perfume to the delicious and classy middle weight flavors that are shaped by sophisticated and very fine tannins, all wrapped in a mouth coating, focused and seriously persistent finish. A classic RSV."
- Item #: i_350919Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 95 POINTS - "Somewhat surprisingly this is even more floral with its cool and ultra-fresh nose of various dark berries, sandalwood and a lovely array of spices. I very much like the seductive texture of the big-bodied flavors that aren't quite as dense or structured as those of the Suchots but they're notably finer, all wrapped in a dusty, palate coating and gorgeously long finish. Excellent."
- Item #: i_323220Bottle Size: 750mlDavid Duband comes from a vigneron family long based in Chevannes, in the Hautes Cotes de Nuits. He took over the family domaine in 1995 when his father retired and he has also expanded the domaine, which now includes Grand Cru parcels in Echezeaux, Charmes-Chambertin and Clos Vougeot. Altogether Duband owns or leases on long term 25 acres. Duband also farms and makes wine for Francois Feuillet who owns 25 acres nearby, part of it leased by Duband. Wines with Feuillet labels are therefore also made by Duband. Clive Coates compliments Duband for his "up-to-date, classic, modern winemaking..." and notes that there is "high quality" at the estate. Duband also makes Premier Crus inn Chambolle-Musigny, Gevrey-Chambertin and Morey St. Denis, along with village wines.
- Item #: i_351588Bottle Size: 750mlThe Duband estate chose to convert entirely to organic agriculture in 2006. David Duband made the choice first and foremost out of respect for the environment but also for the intrinsic quality of the wines.
Age of vines about 50 years average
The dress is of a red ruby bursting with beautiful dark reflections. The nose gets involved aromas of black and red fruits with a lot of neatness. The mouth is frank with a touch of licorice and one finale slightly spiced.
- Item #: i_351792Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93WINE ADVOCATE 91-93 POINTS "The 2016 Gevrey Chambertin Vieilles Vignes was only slightly touched by the frost. It has a perfumed bouquet with black cherries, crushed strawberry, a touch of soy and undergrowth, again, quite complex, although I might prefer the vivacity and nonchalance of the Côtes de Nuits Villages. The palate is medium-bodied with silky tannin and hints of blood orange on the entry mixed with black cherries and blueberry, leading to a satin-like, utterly charming finish that leaves you begging for the next sip."
- Item #: i_345163Bottle Size: 1.5LBurghound: 92-94BURGHOUND 92 - 94 POINTS - "This is aromatically riper than the Chambertin though that is not especially surprising. There is fine layering to the spiced plum, cassis, warm earth and hint of exotic tea aromas. I very much like the sense of vitality and masculine punch of the lush, even opulent middle weight plus flavors that possess plenty of tannin-buffering dry extract before concluding in a dusty and palate coating finish that delivers excellent persistence. Like many of the grands crus in the range patience will be required if you wish to drink this at its peak."