- Item #: i_200455Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+A blend of 35% Zinfandel, 30% Barbera, 13% Grenache, 12% Petite Sirah, and 10% Carignane.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Red Blend Shift gives very pretty scents of violets and roses over a core of black cherries, cedar chest, dark chocolate and tapenade. Medium to full-bodied, it delivers mouth-filling black fruits with plenty of floral accents and a firm, grainy frame, finishing on a refreshing note."
- Item #: i_215520Bottle Size: 750mlStructured and full-bodied with a subtle hint of spice. On the palate, dense, dark fruit characteristics are reminiscent of blueberry pie. Notes of toasted oak and vanilla meld with a plush, lingering mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_206480Bottle Size: 750ML
The grapes are a mix of those off their estate vineyards and grapes from other select Napa Valley low-yielding vineyards. Dry-farmed for over 20 years, their 4.5 acre estate block consists of mature thirty-seven year old vines which typically yield around 2.5 tons/acre of hillside fruit. Interspersed among the head-trained vines are a handful of Petite Sirah vines representing perhaps 5% of the total vines in this block. A traditional field companion to Zinfandel in pre-prohibition California vineyards, Petite Sirah contributes pepper, color, and tannin structure to the wine.
- Item #: i_277784Bottle Size: 750MLThe name Rocky Reserve comes from the deep red, rocky soils of the Florence Vineyard, 1400 feet above Lake Sonoma and Dry Creek Valley. This is a more elegant and restrained Zin, worthy of five or more years of cellaring, though it is packed with fragrant black and blue berry fruits.Nice dark-red in color, big blueberry-blackberry fruit, spicy-chocolatey oak, nicely focused acidity enhances mineral flavors, elegantly structured tannins for aging, super plush long finish!
- Item #: i_232890Bottle Size: 750mlNamed for the old grist mill that was found on the property, Grist sits pretty at 1000 ft. elevation on Bradford Mountain in the Dry Creek Valley AVA. The site was originally planted 100 years ago, and has since been replanted in the early 1970s. Farming here is CCOF Organic. The 58 acres under vine are head trained and cane pruned, and have spectacular views of the fog line driving in 15 miles west from the Pacific Ocean. Between Grist and the beachfront lie 15 miles of mountain lions, deer, and unspoiled forest.
- Item #: i_232910Bottle Size: 750mlEhren Jordan is a man of many talents, and many styles. For 18 years, he was the winemaker at Turley, crafting full-bodied, rich, opulent, spicy, and complex Zinfandels that would set the world on fire. We never received enough of the Turley wines, because the demand of their mailing list, but when we did get them, the wines would sell out in a day or two. To this day, we get more inquiries for Turley than almost any other Zinfandel.
Around the time Ehren started his stint as winemaker for Turley, he also started up his own winery with his wife, which they called Failla. In contrast to the hedonistic style of the Turley wines, the Failla wines were restrained, elegant, bright, fresh, yet amazingly complex Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs that would receive high praise from the critics. Now, we never saw a Zinfandel from Failla, and everybody speculated it was because he was still making the Turley Zins, but after Ehren and Turley parted ways in 2013, we figured it was only a matter of time until we saw something, because to be honest, Ehren is just so talented. Well…we're happy to say that the Day, so to speak, has come!
"Day" is the name of Ehren Jordan's new Zinfandel, and is a return to his winemaking roots. Similar to the approach at Failla, most of the Day Zinfandel wines are sourced from Sonoma County. Great sites, old vines, and gentle winemaking remain the production philosophy for Day. Ehren is more than thrilled to work with some of California's finest Zinfandel vineyards in Russian River, Dry Creek, and Alexander Valleys.
This wine is a blend of vineyards spanning the Russian River Valley and Dry Creek Valley. A savory nose of dried raspberry, blueberry compote, herbs and peppercorn, purple flower potpourri, and crushed stone. Elegant mouthfeel complete with subtle notes of sweet red cherry, tobacco, brown butter and bramble berry cobbler.
- Item #: i_226320Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "A blend of 62% Zinfandel, 32% Petite Sirah and 6% Merlot, the medium to deep garnet-purple colored 2016 G.B. Crane Vineyard el Coco sings of dried plums, cherry cordial and Christmas pudding with nuances of potpourri, Ceylon tea, roses and Chinese five spice. Wow—the palate is super concentrated with voluptuous fruit and a plush frame plus plenty of freshness, finishing very long. 880 cases produced."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2016 El Coco G.B. Crane Vineyard is a gorgeous Zinfandel/Petite Sirah/Merlot blend. Dark, enveloping and beautifully textured, the 2016 hits all the right notes. Rose petal, lavender, mint and blood orange overtones add intriguing aromatic presence to this super-expressive Zinfandel-based red. Hints of plum, chocolate, new leather and spice infuse this voluptuous, racy finish. All the elements are wonderfully fused together."
- Item #: i_228690Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple, the 2016 Hartford Zinfandel Dina's Vineyard comes leaping forth from the glass with arresting, gorgeous floral scents of violets, lavender and roses with a core of cherry cordial, blueberry compote, blackberry tart and dried mulberries plus wafts of spice box and and dark chocolate. Full, firm and with a racy line of freshness lifting the concentrated fruit, it finishes very long with tons of mineral, floral and spicy layers. 257 cases produced."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94+ POINTS - "The 2016 Zinfandel Dina's Vineyard is deep, unctuous and full of flavor, yet also has quite a bit of the freshness that is so typical of Russian River Zinfandels, especially in this vintage. The Dina's has a bit more tannin and structure than the other wines in the range, which makes it reticent. Dollops of Alicante add character and personality to this super-expressive Zinfandel from Hartford."
- Item #: i_235790Bottle Size: 750mlProduced from vines with an average age of 85 years, this Zinfandel is a blend of 16 different vineyard blocks of old vine zinfandel vineyards with an average age of 87 years. With berries and spice on the nose, dark, sweet fruit fills the palate with just a hint of black pepper. This wine has a long, lingering finish. Whether you pair with a burger, ribs, barbecue or a roaring fire, this wine is sure to please.
- Item #: i_277900Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "I've written it numerous time, but Linne Calodo remains one of the reference point estates in Paso Robles. Winemaker/owner Matt Trevisan consistently puts together exotic and singular blends that deliver opulence as well as balance."
"The Zinfandel-based 2016 Outsider gives up complex, textbook notes of sweet red and black fruits, cedarwood, white pepper, and incense. This is a classic Zinfandel that carries loads of fruit and richness yet stays light, elegant, and graceful on the palate, with terrific purity and freshness. It's already impossible to resist, and I see no need to delay gratification either. The blend is 82% Zinfandel, 7% each of Syrah and Mourvedre, and the balance Graciano, all brought up in new and neutral American oak."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 94 POINTS - "Brilliant violet. Powerful dark berry and cherry liqueur aromas are complemented by building licorice, incense and pipe tobacco accents. Concentrated and fleshy on the palate, offering alluringly sweet boysenberry, cassis, cherry pie and star anise flavors and suggestions of bitter chocolate and succulent herbs. Becomes more energetic with air and finishes with superb, spice-tinged persistence and velvety tannins that shape the lush, sweet, clinging fruit."
- Item #: i_239080Bottle Size: 750mlBright dark garnet black color. Rich, fruity, jammy peppery earthy aromas of black raspberry jam, black plums, gravel, and black pepper with a bright, dry full body and a peppery, medium-length finish with firm, woody tannins and moderate oak.
- Item #: i_276943Bottle Size: 750MLOver the top and shattering to the veins, these wines possess major concentration and daring flavor. The original is the Earthquake Zin which came from an old Lodi vineyard planted around the same time of San Francisco's great Earthquake of 1906. While mulling over a label name in the vineyard, Michael Phillips thought it only seemed fitting to relate this intense wine with the historical quake. These dark and voluminous wines will definitely leave your senses quivering!
- Item #: i_247230Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91The Russian River Valley Zinfandel is a reflection of the quality of the vineyards involved in making this wine. This Zin comes almost exclusively from the Jensen Lane Vineyard (planted in 1915), the Limerick Lane Vineyard (planted in 1910), and the Carlisle Vineyard (planted in 1927). These older vine vineyards give us great fruit quality and concentration, while their Russian River Valley location helps provide good, crisp acidity making for a Zinfandel that is lively and extremely well-balanced.
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Vibrant and jammed with fresh pepper and black licorice aromas, leading to zesty, well-built blackberry pie and cinnamon flavors. Drink now through 2025. 1,686 cases made."
- Item #: i_217260Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleA blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Zinfandel, and 5% Merlot.
Winemaker's Notes: "Rich and complex, this wine begins with inviting aromas of cherry and ripe wild strawberry, combined with hints of wood smoke and toasted marshmallow from barrel aging. On the palate, juicy layers of brambleberry, black cherry and nectarine are supported by firm, yet refined, tannins and impressive weight. Excellent structure from the Cabernet draws this wine to a full, rich finish."
- Item #: i_252330Bottle Size: 750mlThe boldness of Black Boar Zinfandel is readily apparent even before you take that first sip. The aromas are immediately deep and dense with sweet blackberries making the first impression. Fullbore flavors of dark cherry and blackberry preserves take center stage on the palate, but the roundness of the flavors and the texture keeps the wine elegant. Classic Dry Creek notes of black pepper and baking spice accent the dark, lush fruit, adding layers and complexity.
- Item #: i_252370Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92If you have not tasted the Quivira wines recently, then you are missing out! Producing wines from Sonoma's Dry Creek Valley AVA (located just north/center in the county), the region is bordered by the cool Russian River Valley to the south, and the warm Alexander Valley to its northwest. The result of being sandwiched between these two vastly different growing areas means Dry Creek Valley gets very cool nights, mild mornings, and warm afternoons; perfect for high-quality wine grapes! Quivira employs organic and biodynamic farming to maintain long-term the health of the vineyard and the resulting fruit. The biological diversity on the property is another important element towardw their goal of being self-sustainable. They also utilize a 55kw solar installation, manage their own half-acre compost pile, and are mindful of water conservation.
The fruit for their Dry Creek Zinfandel is comprised of 80% from their estate vineyards, and 20% from other vineyards whose owners are like-minded. The wine was aged in barrels for 10 months, of which 15% of them were new. Only medium toast barrels that are air-dried for 3 to 4 years.
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Zesty, yet with a sense of refinement, this textbook Dry Creek style offers vibrant raspberry, dried sage and cracked pepper flavors that sprint toward fine tannins. Drink now through 2025."
- Item #: i_276169Bottle Size: EACHGOLD MEDAL - WINEMAKER CHALLENGE
GOLD MONTEREY WINE COMPETITION
GOLD S.F.CHRONICLE WINE COMPETITION
The Ramazzotti Zinfandel is a gorgeous expression of variety purity. Sourced from 23 year old head-trained vines, this wine opens with spicy, fruit-driven aromas and follows through to a rich, concentrated palate of raspberry, blackberry and plum. Ripe, silky tannins and a long finish of bramble and spice pair perfectly with tender prime-rib or roast pheasant with blackberry sauce for a truly elegant feast.
- Item #: i_240090Bottle Size: 750MLWinery Notes - "Our jammiest and juicy feast of gooseberry, black cherry, prune and a hint of sweet spice."
- Item #: i_276740Bottle Size: 750mlWith fruit sourced from their RBZ Vineyard, Sextant's Zinfandel was blended with Syrah, Petite Sirah and Tempranillo. Fermented in Stainless Steel and aged 10 months in New and Neutral French Oak barrels.
Vintage after vintage, the Sextant Wheelhouse Zinfandel reveals itself with grace and potency. Delectable cherries flow freely on the mid-palate as plums, blackberries, and cranberries jostle on the back-palate. Inklings of smoky cedar, black olives, and spicy sage join the profile as well. It is bold and keen with flavors, but yet so balanced in structure. The acidity is poised and the tannins are finely integrated giving way to an unrelenting, enduring, and monumental finish.
- Item #: i_265800Bottle Size: 750mlIn 2003, Linne Calodo's first vintage of Slacker was born and through 2010 continued to be a portfolio staple until they totally slacked and forgot to make it again. The ethos of Slacker was always described by winemaker Matt Trevisan as, "wine representing not only the winemaker, but the idea that wines should be fun and relaxed." Forever akin to the Slacker lifestyle, they decided to bring back the Slacker name in a much more appropriate way. Now its own label, Trevisan crafted two fun blends that showcase his ability to constantly keep creating and pioneering the exciting possibilities of the Paso Robles wine region.
Wannabe is a blend of 67% Zinfandel, 22% Syrah, and 11% Mourvedre. Everyone loves a good Zinfandel, whether they want to admit it or not. This blend gives Zin the backbone it can sometimes lack, with a shot of Syrah and a long finish with the addition of Mourvedre. Reminiscent of blackberry pie and fresh, cracked pepper, thsi fruity, spicy blend is sure to bring a smile to your face. A light-bodied wine, with medium tannins and completely dry finish makes it perfect to enjoy with or without a meal. But, with food, some of our favorite pairings include roast chicken, curried pork, pizza, or even an apple pie.
- Item #: i_265470Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES - " The Pacini Vineyard Zinfandel is aged in American oak barrels for 12 months. The nose is full of ripe cherry and blueberry with undertones of toasted hazelnut and vanilla. The palate is full of ripe wild berries, spice, and cherry cola, with dusty cocoa and light tannin on the finish. The wine has great structure, and is well balanced."
Enjoy this wine with BBQ , roast duck, lamb chops, and cheeses such as Parmigiano Reggiano, aged Gouda or a dry jack.
- Item #: i_255280Bottle Size: 750mlThis is an elegant style of Zinfandel with up front aromas of cranberry, cherry, fresh cigar, chocolate and a subtle smokiness. On the mouth, note the impeccable balance between the use of French oak barrels 20% whole cluster fermentation, and great acidity. It finishes with silky, youthful tannins.
- Item #: i_268850Bottle Size: 750MLAnybody who has come into our store asking about Zinfandel has heard us raving about this gem for the past few years, which has been one of our favorite Zinfandels at the yearly Zinfandel Advocates and Producers (ZAP) tasting. Proprietors Timm and Sharon Crull's vineyards are in the Rutherford area of Napa Valley, a stone's throw from such big names as Quintessa, Heitz, and Sloan, just to give you an idea of how great these vineyards are!
One of the three estate grown varietals, Terraces Zinfandel is always a fan favorite. The 2016 vintage has a deep ruby color, with aromas of ripe raspberry, fresh blackberry, toasted cedar, vanilla and baking spice. The palate is bright with mouth-watering acidity and complex flavors of cranberry, baked red cherry, espresso, and a touch of white pepper. The generous finish and soft integrated tannin draw you back for the next sip. Drink now, or age for 5-8 years for optimum enjoyment.