- Item #: i_200280Bottle Size: 750ml
Adelsheim Vineyard began back in 1971 with Ginny and David Adelsheim purchasing 19 acres in beautiful Oregon countryside. They shared a dream with a handful of families that Oregon's climate and land could one day produce serious wines. A home was built, vines planted, and in 1978, the first commercial wines were produced. Over four decades, Adelsheim Vineyard grew up with Oregon's wine industry pioneering the way towards the future of wine production.
With its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, duck, beef or hearty vegetarian entrees. Adelsheim Vineyard began back in 1971 with Ginny and David Adelsheim purchasing 19 acres in beautiful Oregon countryside. They shared a dream with a handful of families that Oregon's climate and land could one day produce serious wines. A home was built, vines planted, and in 1978, the first commercial wines were produced. Over four decades, Adelsheim Vineyard grew up with Oregon's wine industry pioneering the way towards the future of wine production.
With its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, duck, beef or hearty vegetarian entrees.
- Item #: i_201050Bottle Size: 750mlThe first wine that caught our attention from this Oregon stage producer was their Mueller-Thurgau; a white variety that is not often planted. That wine is so clean and refreshing, we had to see what else was in their bag of tricks. Happily, we found their Willamette Valley Pinot Noir to be delicous, too! Anne Amie's estate and all vineyards they get fruit from are Salmon Safe and LIVE certified, which means they are dedicated to restoring and maintaining healthy watersheds for minimal impact on aquifers and wildlife.
This Pinot Noir displays red cherry, strawberry, sassafras, cardamom, and fig, along with flavors that are reminiscent of red cherry, clove baking spice, fig, cassis, and cola. This wine ends with a long, rich finish with smooth tannins and nicely placed acidity.
- Item #: i_200410Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 91WINERY NOTES - The 2018 Dundee Hills is opulent and teeming with balance. Wild berries and fresh roasted coffee on the nose lead to complex stone fruit flavors and the peppery nuance associated with whole-cluster fermentation. A master juggler, the '18 Dundee Hills handles tannin, new oak, and minerality with remarkable finesse. Driven by quintessential Red Hills locales and flavors, the wine is a culmination of our 25-year legacy-an opus to our special surroundings.
WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "This cuvée is the first to be released from each new vintage, and the most widely available. The 2018 marks the debut (from harvest to bottling) of winemaker Ian Burch, and it’s a promising one. Full bodied and open, this mixes ripe red and purple fruits, especially plums and cherries, with a touch of lightly minty chocolate. Delicious and ready for near-term enjoyment."
- Item #: i_201710Bottle Size: 750MLArgyle Pinot Noir highlights the elegance and complexity of the Willamette Valley, showcasing the purity of fruit and supple texture the region has to offer. Fermented entirely in small, 1.5 ton lots and plunged by hand, the 2018 vintage leans dark cherry, red raspberry, and orange zest. Fresh, vibrant acidity is framed with polished tannin along with classic Argyle silky texture and persistent length.
- Item #: i_201690Bottle Size: 750mlTextbook Willamette Valley Pinot Noir with juicy, fresh fruit and berry flavors - think dark cherry, cranberry, blackberry, more cherry. Clove, mocha, blood orange and vanilla accents abound adding complexity. The texture is ripe and plush with a line of acid running through to keep the wine vibrant. The wine is all about focus, electricity, and verve.
- Item #: i_202780Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Polished, rich and impressively structured, with rose petal and raspberry notes that build toward a sleekly dynamic finish and refined tannins. Drink now through 2029. 1,730 cases made. — TF"
- Item #: i_208700Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is very expressive of smoky espresso, cacao, raspberry, pomegranate, rose petals, and graham cracker. The fruit on the palate is juicy in a refreshing kind of way with playful dusty tannins. There is an easiness to the way the wine drinks that is soothing and comfortable like the way your favorite old pair of leather boots feel on your feet.
- Item #: i_277650Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Refined and elegantly layered, with pretty rose petal and raspberry accents that build polish as this dances on a long finish. Drink now through 2025. 4,200 cases made."
- Item #: i_211260Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2018 Cloudline Pinot Noir carries the familiar ruby red color of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, but with a darker shading at its core. On the nose, the fresh aromatics convey the vibrancy of the vintage, and on the palate, there are deep cherry and berry notes ahead of the pleasing finish.
- Item #: i_212300Bottle Size: 750mlIt was a mutual love of Pinot Noir that led Joe & Vicki Stark to establish Colene Clemens Vineyard and Winery back in 2005. Operating a successful business, Joe and Vicki developed a taste for fine wine through the '80's. At that point in time, they had no clue just what the Willamette Valley would become in the wine making world.
When they set their sights on purchasing property to plant their vineyard, they found an old abandoned farmstead and orchard that had lain fallow for many years, possessing ideal aspect (south facing), elevations (350ft to 650ft) and an array of high quality, proven Pinot Noir soils, not to mention fantastic views, no place could have been better. The icing on the cake for Joe and Vicki was that the property was less than 2 miles from where they lived with their first born.
From the beginning the goal has been to do everything possible to make the very best Pinot Noir. No compromise has been made in vineyard preparation, farming practices and wine making. Steve Goff, the gifted and dedicated winemaker and vineyard manager, has utilized the most diligent, time-tested and non-invasive protocols in both the vineyard and winery to further this goal. The 2015 release ended up earning 95 points from Wine Spectator and was #7 on their "Top 100" list of 2018.
- Item #: i_213760Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 95 POINTS - "Brilliant garnet. Assertive red berry preserve, cherry and floral aromas are complemented by sexy Asian spice, incense and smoky mineral accents. Shows impressive depth and sharp delineation on the palate, offering spice-tinged red and blue fruit liqueur, cola and spicecake flavors that pick up candied rose and blood orange nuances with air. Finishes extremely long and pure, with fine-grained tannins providing shape and grip to lingering black raspberry and five-spice powder notes."
- Item #: i_213790Bottle Size: 750mlMt. Jefferson Cuvee is a blend of the Cristom estate Pinot Noir vineyards along with exceptional fruit they source from neighboring vineyards in the Willamette Valley. These contributing sites have been thoughtfully selected over the years, and are planted on a variety of soil types, elevations and aspects, representing the Willamette Valley Appellation as a broader whole. Each of these vineyards are farmed by committed winegrowers they are proud to partner with, with each site adding to the character, fruit, and structure of the wine, giving "Mt. Jeff" its deserved reputation as one of the most stylistically consistent Pinot Noirs in the world.
- Item #: i_218920Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93Mount Richmond sits at 300-500 feet elevation, lower than the vineyards planted at the winery, which allows for earlier ripening. Planted in a high-density format (2100 vines/acre), similar to Roosevelt, Mount Richmond sits in rolling hills just outside the town of Yamhill just East of the Coast Range Mountains. In addition to the old vine pommard selection, planted from select cuttings off of Roosevelt Vineyard, the blend now also includes equal parts of Dijon clones 115 and 777.
Fruit from Mount Richmond is fermented in small, temperature controlled steel tanks, hand punched down twice daily, and barreled in 50% new french oak barrels. After 10 months of aging in barrels, only the barrels that are most representative of the Mount Richmond profile are carefully blended to create a big, luscious Oregon Pinot Noir
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Saturated crimson. Powerful, smoke- and spice-tinged cherry and blueberry qualities on the nose, along with building floral and vanilla nuances. Musky underbrush and licorice notes emerge with air and carry onto the palate, which offers bitter cherry, blue fruit, spicecake and floral pastille flavors. A sweeter cola note pops up on the impressively long, youthfully tannic finish, which echoes the cherry and floral nuances."
- Item #: i_235930Bottle Size: 750mlJosh Phelps isn't just making a name for himself in the wine industry, he's making the industry roar with enthusiasm! Having learned time-honored techniques from his father, Chris Phelps (whose deft hand has helped to create wines at Dominus, Chateau Petrus, and Ad Vivum), Josh is focusing on using that knowledge to produce wines that are easier on the credit card. Last year's releases became some of our biggest sellers, and now he's cracking into the world of Oregon Pinot Noir!
A Landform is a natural and exceptional feature of the solid surface of the Earth. In our world, Landform is a reaffirmation of our commitment to creating wines that evoke a sense of place. With an emphasis on quality and experience, this grassroots project extends the Grounded Wine Co. landscape to bring you Josh's latest terroir-driven wine, a unique Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley, Oregon.
Brilliant medium ruby color, the 2018 Landform Pinot Noir is a wine with a very expressive personality. Leading with compelling aromas of freshly-crushed cherry, strawberry, and raspberry. On the palate, the wine is refreshing, with a structure that is surprisingly full-bodied and seamless from start to finish. There is just enough texture to provide a sense of vibrant energy, which culminates in a lively crescendo highlighted by fresh cherry and strawberry flavors. 13.5% ABV. 2,300 cases.
- Item #: i_251150Bottle Size: 750mlPike Road Pinot Noir is made from 100% Willamette Valley fruit. Primarily sourced from six estate vineyard sites, Pike Road also include smaller lots of Pinot Noir fruit grown by trusted partners here in the Willamette Valley. By integrating fruit from multiple locations, Pike Road gains in complexity. The wine is barrel aged in 100% French oak barrels for 10 months.
Ruby red in color with aromas of ripe cherry, cola and sarparilla, this medium-bodied and fruity wine is inviting on the palate. Lush black cherry and raspberry fruit are complemented by notes of grilled bread, dusty cocoa and green pepper. Rustic with smooth tannins that round out the finish.
- Item #: i_244990Bottle Size: 750mlPortlandia's passion is to bring you the best of what Oregon's Willamette Valley offers. They start with some natural advantages. The cool climate and coastal influences make Oregon's Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris some of the best in the world. But producing good wine in this climate still requires an enormous effort made possible only by a very creative and talented team. The people at Portlandia are very fortunate to have grower partners throughout the Willamette Valley that offer wonderful fruit, allowing the Portlandia team to bring you incredible Pinot Noir.
Bright youthful garnet color of medium intensity. Sweet ripe cherry and red plum aromas with a hint of minerality and spicy pipe tobacco. Aromas are medium-plus intensity. Aromas repeat as flavors, with a spicy lingering finish.
- Item #: i_277550Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 90The Willamette Valley Pinot Noir from Resonance is sourced from both estate vineyards (Resonance and Decouverte Vineyards) and top vineyards in the Willamette Valley. The wine showcases the absolute best of the Willamette Valley, and elegantly blends Maison Louis Jadot's winemaking with the Willamette Valley's signature terroir.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 90 POINTS - "Shimmering ruby. Smoky, spice-tinged black raspberry and cherry aromas carry a subtle floral topnote. Lively dark fruit and floral pastille flavors are deepened by a licorice nuance and a hint of bitter chocolate. Silky in texture and appealingly sweet, finishing with sharp focus and spicy persistence. 20% new French oak."
- Item #: i_266450Bottle Size: 750mlStoller Family Estate is the largest contiguous vineyard in Oregon's Dundee Hills, spanning 398 acres, with approximately 210 under vine. The vineyard is divided into 101 meticulously-farmed sections at elevations ranging from 220 to 640 feet. Made with Stoller's estate Pinot Noir, this wine saw whole berry, native yeast fermentation before aging primarily in neutral French oak for nine months. Notes of bright red fruit, baking spice, cola and earth are met with silky tannins, layers of complexity and a lengthy finish — a classic representation of the Dundee Hills.
- Item #: i_222180Bottle Size: 750mlOregon Pinot Noir is on a string of rock star vintages! 2015 was ripe, juicy, and hedonistic, while 2016 was fresh, lively, and aromatic. 2018 may turn out to be the "Goldilocks" of the trio, showing ripe fruit with good intensity, yet retaining freshness and verve. Oregon Pinot Noir has the potential to stand up to the best wines coming out of California, Burgundy, or New Zealand, and with a wine of this price...earning this score...Oregon may become the best area in the new world to find quality Pinot Noir for not a lot of money!
The Black Family purchased a vineyard in the warm Dundee Hills of Oregon's Willamette Valley as a family retreat. With family and longevity in mind, they immediately changed the farming techniques in the vineyard, and began to employ sustainable farming on the property. Two years later, the family purchased property in the neighboring Yamhill-Carlton District, employing the same sustainable farming practices, and even practicing biodynamic farming on half of the vineyard! This vineyard has been turned into one of the largest experiments of its kind, with 40 acres farmed sustainably through the L.I.V.E. (Low Impact Viticulture and Enology) program. Today, The Four Graces combines the fruit from these two properties to make one fantastic Pinot Noir! This wine was aged for nine months in French oak barrels (of which 15% were new).