- Item #: i_201480Bottle Size: 750mlWhile he has become known for his insanely delicious Petite Sirahs from Paso Robles, winemaker Aaron Jackson has recently expanded his portfolio and added some new flavors! AEQUOREA - which means "of the sea" in Latin - is focused on single vineyard wines from extreme coastal vineyards amidst San Luis Obispo County.
Making Viognier is always such a challenge for Aaron, in that he aims for a style so much different than what is typically produced in California. Instead, he strives to make a Viognier that showcases what can be done with the variety on the extremes of the coast where it struggles to ripen. At only 2 miles from the ocean in Pismo Beach, Spanish Springs is on the edge of where Viognier can be grown. Super aromatic, floral, and loaded with brightness and minerality, the 2018 features a racy profile of white stone fruit, snappy citrus, freshly cut pineapple, and an amazing finish. The strong beam of natural acidity gives it freshness for days.
- Item #: i_208040Bottle Size: 750MLCADE is owned by the same owners as Plumpjack... and in their typical fashion, they would never be "happy enough" to make a "good" Sauvignon Blanc: CADE only wants to make outstanding Sauvignon Blanc! In order to do this, they ferment their grapes in a combination of stainless steel tanks, stainless steel drums, French oak and concrete eggs. In addition, a combination of native and cultured yeasts are used, and the culmination of all this helps to give the wine aromatic and textural complexity.
Fermentation was carried out in a combination of stainless steel tanks and drums (68%), new French oak barrels (10%), neutral French Oak barrels (22%), with the balance fermented in concrete eggs (1%). Twelve different strains of yeast were used to ferment the juice. CADE's 2019 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc has aromas of orange blossom, pineapple, grapefruit, lemon, lime, yellow apple, and stone fruits. On the palate are notes of tangerine, white peach, lychee, citrus, banana, lemon zest, and grapefruit. The wine has a vibrant acidity, minerality, and a touch of creaminess on the finish. By fermenting the wine in stainless steel, French oak, and concrete, we are building layers of complexity in the wine. The barrel fermentations add texture, density, and viscosity to the midpalate of the wine. The concrete adds a touch of flint and minerality to the finish as well as adding some mid-palate richness. The stainless steel fermentations preserve the natural Sauvignon Blanc aromatics and the vibrant acidity and crispness.
- Item #: i_213790Bottle Size: 750mlMt. Jefferson Cuvee is a blend of the Cristom estate Pinot Noir vineyards along with exceptional fruit they source from neighboring vineyards in the Willamette Valley. These contributing sites have been thoughtfully selected over the years, and are planted on a variety of soil types, elevations and aspects, representing the Willamette Valley Appellation as a broader whole. Each of these vineyards are farmed by committed winegrowers they are proud to partner with, with each site adding to the character, fruit, and structure of the wine, giving "Mt. Jeff" its deserved reputation as one of the most stylistically consistent Pinot Noirs in the world.
- Item #: i_214420Bottle Size: 750mlNotes from Winemaker Darren Delmore: "Farmed biodynamically, the Bassi Vineyard is one mile away from the ocean in Avila Beach on the Central Coast. This is one of the greatest sites for cool climate Syrah. I chose to follow the protocols of natural winemaking with this specific wine. Hand-harvested October 3rd, I destemmed 2/3 of the fruit, leaving the rest as whole clusters on top. I added 5% Viognier for a Cote-Rotie inspired co-fermentation, which increased the dark color and florals in the finish. The wild fermentation tasted like guava nectar and blackberry syrup the whole way until dryness. I gravity drained the free run into two French Oak barrels and basket pressed into a third; all neutral. The wine was racked once after malolactic fermentation in the spring, and bottled unfiltered with low sulfites on July 31. Alcohol 13.4%. 72 cases made.
"Psychedelic purple black color, mid-weight and swirly. Creosote, licorice, cumin, vanilla and a Grenache-like strawberry note. Rich on the entry, bright on the mid-palate, with an ocean-driven finish. Comparable to Cornas, but lighter in alcohol. White peppered Bresaola on the back end, lifted with lip-smacking Viognier florals."
- Item #: i_233610Bottle Size: 750mlDonkey and Goat started making skin ferment Roussanne back in 2007 before the term orange wine was really even coined. It was initially made this way in hopes of driving the natural fermentation to complete, but by 2009 Jared and Tracey decided the potential for such a wine — especially with food pairings — was extraordinary and they never looked back. This is their 12th vintage making Stone Crusher. With chewy tannins reminiscent of a red varietal, this wine finds its perfect balance to the rich, fruity structure of Roussanne. If you have the patience to wait, this wine will age slowly and beautifully. Tannins will integrate, revealing a depth and concentration with endless freshness.
Stone fruit shines in this rendition of Stone Crusher both on the aromatics and palette. Our noses are also greeted with rose petal, navel orange, clove and cinnamon. Beyond its bright notes of fresh nectarine, dried apricots and white peaches, we also see some medium tannins showing through in notes of black tea and cement. The wine is satisfyingly dry and elegant without compromising its fruit-forward aromatics. We recommend it with a watermelon + feta + mint salad and hot sausages off the grill.
- Item #: i_274900Bottle Size: 750mlMY BIO BY WINEMAKER JORDAN FIORENTINI The 2019 Epoch White is our characteristic combination of Grenache Blanc, Viognier, and Roussanne but with a twist: we have added a new fermentation vessel to the mix for complexity, a French oak Foudre (or more simply called an oak cask). Having been raised in various concrete vessels and oak formats, this wine is mineral-laced with ripe yellow peach, lemon oil, green pear, fresh cream, wet clay, and a hint of brown baking spices. Our white is an ace at pairing with some of the most challenging foods (artichokes and Thai or Mexican dishes) and will not disappoint with a few years of cellar age.
- Item #: i_237880Bottle Size: 750MLRob Lloyd (who was formerly on the winemaking team at Rombauer) has produced an unabashed California Chardonnay. The grapes come from two Sangiacomo Vineyard sites, Home Ranch and Green Acres in the Carneros region. Picked at their peak of ripeness, the grapes are gently pressed, settled, and moved to barrels to be cold fermented. The room is kept at a very low temperature keeping the wine from fermenting too rapidly and thus losing its aromatics. The wine slowly undergoes primary and secondary fermentation for nime months before being racked off its primary lees and bottled.
- Item #: i_248070Bottle Size: 750MLOrin Swift considers this wine to be the culmination of a thirteen-year process. From 2000-2012 Dave Phinney spent countless hours in the vineyards and in blending trials working to perfect The Prisoner. He has taken all that knowledge, both the trials and tribulations, and diligently applied it to Abstract. With The Prisoner chapter of winemaking behind him, Orin Swift feels as if a natural progression has been made and an evolution has occurred. Orin Swift's ongoing pursuit of choice vineyards throughout California resulted in some extraordinary Grenache, along with exquisite Petite Sirah, and Syrah that was assembled together into an artful collage both in and outside of the bottle.
Aged for 8 months in French and American oak, immediate aromatics escape the glass: blueberry, Mirabelle plum, ripe raspberry, Bing cherry and enchanting musk. On entry, the wine is seamless and enveloping with notes of Black plum, sweet cassis and blueberry compote on the mid-palate. Textured and long on the finish, the wine closes with a hint of dried lavender and dark chocolate.
- Item #: i_277420Bottle Size: 750mlAged for 10 months in French oak barrels (of which 51% were new), an alluring perfume of mango and fresh garnedia with whispers of candied citrus rind and spices open onto a round, full palate layered with fresh citrus and stone fruit flavors. Bright acidity provides structure and a mouthwatering juiciness and the finish has a captivating briny minerality that will make it a delight with fish, oysters, and seafood.
- Item #: i_255200Bottle Size: 750mlThe fruit for this wine comes from vineyards in the Carneros region owned by the Rombauer family and select growers including the Sangiacomo family, long-term grower partners who have farmed this land for three generations. The grapes were gently whole-cluster pressed while the fruit was still cool. The juice was pumped to tank to cold-settle overnight before it was racked to barrel for primary and malolactic fermentation. The lees were stirred every two weeks to give the wine rich flavors and a creamy texture.
Enticing aromas of vanilla, peach and mango are layered with apricots, creme brulee, butter and a slight minerality. Those scents are echoed as flavors on the creamy, rich palate, along with peach, pie crust and baking spices. The long, smooth finish is marked by mouthwatering acidity.
- Item #: i_266840Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes: "Wine blended from Zinfandel (34%) from the Foothills of the Sierra Nevada and our estate, Petite Sirah (23%) from our estate and a sweet little vineyard in Paso Robles, and Cabernet Sauvignon (43%) from our "front yard" estate and the Guarino Vineyard in Calistoga (both Tres Sabores and the Guarino Vineyard are dry-farmed). Dry-farmed grapes inform my harvesting decisions as I love the fresh acidity and lower alcohols that come from picking grapes at their prime Call it the 'juiciness' (as opposed to jaminess) quotient!"
- Item #: i_275235Bottle Size: 750mlLos Carneros is one of the most prestigious Chardonnay growing area in California, and this wine demonstrates why. Vine Cliff's 2017 Los Carneros Chardonnay is classic Chardonnay. Elegant with complex aromas of pear, green apple, lemon citrus, mineral and floral notes. There is a rich bouquet of hazelnut, butterscotch, and vanilla. The palate is rich and luscious, balanced with bright acidity. Flavors of creme brulee, pear, apple and lemon creme linger on the long smooth finish.
- Item #: i_277965Bottle Size: 750mlAligote, the other notable white grape of Burgundy, is experiencing a resurgence in its home as well as in the new world. Traditionally blended with Chardonnay or made into the classic Kir cocktail, this variety was exiled in 1937 to the appellation of Bouzeron where it was quietly enjoyed by the local Burgundians. In the Willamette Valley, Aligote embraces everything we love about acid, tension, and minerality, so we began searching for a great Aligoté vineyard.
The grapes are lightly crushed prior to pressing. The fermentation takes place with native yeast and is aged on its lees in two 350 liter and one 500 liter barrels for ten months. Walter Scott's Aligote holds onto 30% of its malic acid, bringing a brilliant tension to the wine.
The juxtaposition of fruit and earth on the nose is alluring. Lime leaf and lemon balm jump out of the glass on top of layers of citrus blossoms. The flinty aromatics are unmistakable and the texture of wet limestone gives this wine breadth and weight. Crunchy white peach, lime zest, and orange sherbet flavors drive the wine, while a rich, Mirabelle plum skin note completes the finish.
- Item #: i_277960Bottle Size: 750mlWinery's Notes: "At Walter Scott we are huge fans of Gamay noir as it is expressed in the great wines of Beaujolais. Gamay was planted in Oregon originally in the early 1980’s and has been quietly making some stunning wines in the Willamette Valley ever since."
"The finished wine showcases a nose generous with notes of white pepper, brambley crushed berries, and wet granite. On the pallet the wine is fresh and persistent with medium tannins and balanced acidity, highlighting crunchy black and purple fruit notes, which make the wine immediately appealing."