- Item #: i_215480Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91ANTONIO GALLONI 90 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay (Santa Barbara County) is a terrific appellation level wine from Ryan Deovlet. Bright and delineated, with plenty of citrus character, the 2016 offers lovely persistence and class, especially at this level. The 2016 is a blend of 55% Sanford & Benedict and 45% Zotovich fruit."
- Item #: i_215530Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Pinot Noir (Santa Barbara County) is a blend of the sites Ryan Deovlet works with, namely Zotovich, La Encantada, and Sanford and Benedict. Plump, juicy and forward, with lovely berry fruit and terrific freshness, the 2016 is a gorgeous wine to drink now and over the next few years. Moreover, it is an overachiever in its category. Once again, Ryan Deovlet has turned out an absolutely sublime appellation-level wine. "
- Item #: i_215515Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsDierberg has been on a roll the past few years! Other wineries have sourced fruit from this prominent vineyard and received high scores for their superbly crafted wines. Dierberg still sells much of their fruit, but they have begun to keep some of the better sections for themselves. That being said, their own label hasn't skipped a beat, and is receiving the same high scores as their customers!
Located 13 miles from the Pacific Ocean in one of the coolest wine-growing corners of California's Central Coast, Dierberg Vineyard is on the western edge of Santa Barbara County's Santa Maria Valley appellation, which is world-renowned for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Their vineyard is planted to newer "Dijon" clones, as well as other "heritage clones"; heritage clones whose roots go back to the Burgundy area of France, offering a clonal diversity unlike almost any other Pinot vineyard in California.
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2015 Pinot Noir Dierberg Vineyard is a real standout. Plush, dark and expressive, the Dierberg is an explosive wine that shows this Santa Maria site off at its best. Floral and spiced notes wrap around a core of intense inky blue/purplish fruit. Time in the glass brings out a more delicate side. There is just so much to admire in the 2015."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "The 2015 Pinot Noir Dierberg Vineyard comes from the estate vineyard in the Santa Maria Valley and was aged 14 months in 25% new French oak. Medium ruby-colored, with notes of cherries, mulberries, forest floor, and spice, it's silky, lightly textured, and elegant on the palate, with the charming nature of the vintage balanced nicely by plenty of tannins and acidity."
- Item #: i_246220Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "No one could mistake the 2016 Petite Sirah Thompson Vineyard from Jaffurs for anything but a Petite Sirah, but it's also remarkably elegant, wafting from the glass with aromas of plum preserve, tar, inky black fruits and licorice. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied and velvety, with good concentration and sappy fruit, deep and richly tannic without ever becoming overbearing."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "The team at Jaffurs always makes a rocking Petite Sirah and the 2016 Petite Sirah Thompson Vineyard is no exception. Black fruits, charcoal, camphor, and graphite notes all emerge from this big, opulent, balanced red that has sweet tannin, tons of fruit and a great finish. It's a perfect steak house wine and should keep for 7-8 years, probably longer."
- Item #: i_247670Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Puerta Del Mar offers more citrus and white flowers as well as a crisp, tart, salty style on the palate. This cool site has yielded a chiseled, focused Chardonnay that's going to benefit from a year or two of bottle age."
- Item #: i_249690Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsPeake Ranch is a boutique winery owned by John & Gillian Wagner. Like all of us who have visited Santa Barbara County, the couple fell in love with the beautiful country side and the friendliness of the people.. They purchased Peake Ranch with a vision of building a winery and a house on the property. Years later they are in their third vintage garnering rave reviews from the top critics. Paul Lato leads the team as winemaker and with nearly two decades of experience, has earned critical acclaim with top critics along with placements of his own wines in top restaurants in the United States, Europe and Japan!
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Aged 18 months in 78% new French oak, the entry level 2016 Chardonnay Santa Barbara County is a winner. Sourced from throughout the Santa Barbara County and aged 18 months in 78% new barrels, it offers a big bouquet of tropical fruits, pineapple, apple blossom, white flowers, and hints of spice. It's pure, silky and elegant on the palate, with nicely integrated acidity as well as big finish. It's well worth seeking out, and while it's the entry level cuvee of the estate, it's a match for just about every other Chardonnay out there."
Winery Notes - This bright and energetic Chardonnay is everything we love about the Central Coast. The fresh notes of lemon zest, jasmine, apricot, freshly-fluffed cotton, and chamomile create grace within the glass. Pale, yellow stone in color and elegantly focused. Acid remains a dominant component of its structure, which makes this an ideal companion for a wide variety of dishes.
- Item #: i_251370Bottle Size: 750mlOn the nose this wine offers aromas of cherry cola and freshly picked wild strawberries with a lingering scent of lightly oiled rosewood. On the palate it shows the classic Santa Maria sandalwood spice, mixed with ripe red and black cherry, strawberry and huckleberry.
- Item #: i_295720Bottle Size: 750ml2016 is the first year of fruit off the hillside planted Grenache at Zotovich Vineyards. Picked in late October, this wine was slow ripening, and as such, shows a lot of depth throughout. A voluptuous nose of raspberry and cream continues to a body of bright red fruit with enough tannin to give the fruit structure. The finish sees the fruit and tanning meld together to create the feeling you just took a bite of fresh raspberry cake. It was aged in 100% neutral French oak puncheons, and only spent 8 months in barrel before bottling to retain its freshness.
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The Grenache is a new wine for Zotovich starting with the 2016 vintage. Intensely aromatic and expressive, the 2016 possesses tremendous fruit purity and tons of complexity, all of which comes through with notable energy. This is an impressive showing, to say the least."