- Item #: i_200004Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92The 00 VGW (Very Good White) showcases the best of the Willamette Valley in a Chardonnay blend. Their "Black Chardonnay" production method results in a complex, savory Chardonnay, which has given 00 Wines an outstanding reputation for quality and attention to detail in the Willamette Valley after only two vintages of production. This annual blend is the signature Chardonnay entry into the world of 00 Wines. The 2016 VGW is a blend of single vineyard fermentations of Von Oehsen and Open Claim vineyards.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "00 Wines is crafting some of the most exciting Chardonnays in Willamette Valley. Anjou, France, native Pierre Millemann oversees winemaking in Oregon, and he is also in charge of 00's newest projects in France, where they are making a white Burgundy and Champagne."
"The 2017 Chardonnay VGW opens with fresh quince, brioche, red and yellow apples, gunflint and nutty aromas with hints of clotted cream, honey and yellow peaches. Medium-bodied, round and silky, it has pleasantly restrained, savory fruits with juicy freshness and a long, minerally finish."
- Item #: i_200035Bottle Size: 750mlROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Shea is made from hand-destemmed grapes fermented in a 500-liter terra cotta amphora. Medium ruby-purple in color, it opens slowly on the nose to wild red and black berries with broody touches of earth, tar and aniseed. The medium-bodied palate offers intense, seamlessly framed earth-laced fruits, and it finishes long and nuanced. There's more to come but this is youthfully shy, so give it another couple years bottle. 137 cases were made."
- Item #: i_200005Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2017 A to Z Oregon Pinot Gris offers beautiful floral aromas reminiscent of jasmine, elderflower and white roses along with complex fruit notes of nectarine, melon, pear, yellow plums and yellow apples, lemon, lime, even grapefruit zest and a touch of guava, clover honey and handmade marshmallows. The wine is lush and layered on the palate structured with moderate acidity and alcohol. The finish is layered and fresh, with a lingering pear and spice note. The structure and complexity of the 2017 A to Z Pinot Gris make this a perennial choice for all food pairings, especially seafood, chicken, spicy cuisine and even street tacos!
- Item #: i_275628Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES - "The lovely, pale pink A to Z Bubbles invite with juicy, ripe fruit aromas. Notes of strawberry, raspberry, watermelon, cherry, white peach, nectarine and apricot are joined by white flowers and a hint of creaminess. The bubbles dance on the tongue with mouth-watering acidity that leaves one wanting more.
Primarily Pinot Noir with a bit of Chardonnay (10%), the fruit was left in contact with the skins to get the perfect color, a traditional, natural technique preferable to blending back red wine. Several different aromatic and Rosé yeasts were used during fermentation in 100% stainless steel for freshness."
- Item #: i_200960Bottle Size: 750mlThe Revana Vineyard is located in the Dundee Hills appellation of Oregon’s Willamette Valley. This unique appellation is marked by distinct geographic elements that effectively insulate this region from the dramatic weather variations experienced in other nearby growing areas. True to the appellation, Alexana's 80-acre property possesses an incredibly diverse and complex series of soils and exposures. Located between 360 and 640 feet above sea level, the site has eighteen soil types spread over a combination of rolling hills, steep slopes and some rugged terrain.
Stunning and bright, the Alexana 2014 Riesling is clean, crisp and austere - almost Alsatian-style Riesling. Abounding with green apple and loads of minerals, the texture is rich and expansive. Grapefruit, honeysuckle and a hint of petrol come together to create a complex wine with intense layers and brilliant acidity, perfect for pairing with spicy food.
- Item #: i_201060Bottle Size: 500mlEvery so often, one of our wine distributors bring us a wine that throws us for aloop...this is one of those times! Mueller-Thurgau is a cross of two different varieties. This was done by Hermann Mueller from the town of Thurgau (yes, coming up witha name is that easy!). As of 2006, it is the second most widely planted grape in Germany, yet is also planted in Austria, Italy, U.S.A., and Australia, among others. It is hard to think a grape this obscure would actually light a fire under us, but this wine offers so much flavor, texture, and sheer pleasure, that every single person who tried it with the vendor was amazed!
Anne Amie offers two renditions of their Muller Thurgau dessert wines, one called "Anne" and the other called "Amie". The Anne bottling received a 7-month cool fermentaion, creating a Vin Glace dessert wine that highlights notes of honeysuckle, apricot and pineapple. This would pair exceptionally well with freshly sliced pears and pineapple upside down cake.
- Item #: i_201030Bottle Size: 750MLEvery so often, one of our wine distributors bring us a wine that throws us for a loop...this is one of those times! Muller-Thurgau is a cross of two different varieties.This was done by Hermann Mueller from the town of Thurgau (yes, coming up with a name is that easy!), and as of 2006, it is the second most widely planted grape in Germany, yet is also planted in Austria, Italy, U.S.A., and Australia, among others. It is hard to think a grape this obscure would actually light a fire under us, but this wine offers so much for so little money, that it is actually wine-of-the-month material.
Stainless steel fermented at a low 45 degrees for freshness and maximumvarietal character, this has vibrant aromas of honeysuckle, key lime pie, white flowers, starfruit, kumquat, and crushed gravel. This wine is a dry, mineral-driven wine, with flavors of key lime, yellow grapefruit, and golden delicious apple. Clean, and with good acidity, this is an amazing value,and might possible become your new house white.
- Item #: i_201020Bottle Size: 750mlPrisme is the truest expression of the Pinot Noir grape. Anne Amie selects only their finest blocks of Pinot noir and gently press the grapes, liberating the free run juice, but not the color or tannins from the skins. It is then barrel-fermented, and aged on its lees in French oak barrels for 18 months. This structured white wine has a backbone of acidity, a voluptuous mid-palate and along, creamy finish. Prismé is named after the word prism - the splitting of white light into its corresponding colors. Anne Amie is doing precisely that in reverse, making a rich, textured white wine from Pinot noir.
The Prisme starts with 100% Pinot noir free run juice that is settled and racked into barrels. It is entirely barrel-fermented in French oak puncheons; lees stirred, allowed partial malolactic fermentation (around 80%) and then aged on its lees for 18 months before bottling.
The aromas is this wine begin with baked apples, fennel, vanilla bean, elderflower, cardamom, candied ginger, creme brulee, then moves to flavors of ripe pears, graham cracker, nutmeg, lemon meringue, and ripe fig, with a lingering finished laced with creamy acidity.
- Item #: i_201065Bottle Size: 750mlAromas of Bartlett pear, gardenia, white peach, white tea, jasmine, graham cracker, and straw mix with precise flavors of Asian pear, white fig, white peach, white strawberry, and fennel flowers. The finish is dry, long, and acid driven for extra freshness!
- Item #: i_201050Bottle Size: 750mlThe first wine that caught our attention from this Oregon stage producer was their Mueller-Thurgau; a white variety that is not often planted. That wine is so clean and refreshing, we had to see what else was in their bag of tricks. Happily, we found their Willamette Valley Pinot Noir to be delicous, too! Anne Amie's estate and all vineyards they get fruit from are Salmon Safe and LIVE certified, which means they are dedicated to restoring and maintaining healthy watersheds for minimal impact on aquifers and wildlife.
This Pinot Noir displays red cherry, strawberry, sassafras, cardamom, and fig, along with flavors that are reminiscent of red cherry, clove baking spice, fig, cassis, and cola. This wine ends with a long, rich finish with smooth tannins and nicely placed acidity.
- Item #: i_201095Bottle Size: 750mlThe name Amrita comes from the Buddhist equivalent of ambrosia, or a wine of the gods. Anne Amie's Amrita is a unique inspiration each harvest, crafted from different varieties to be an effervescent, fruit-forward wine. It makes a delightful aperitif and is a great match with Pan-Asian foods.
A blend of Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Muller-Thurgau, Viognier, Gewurztraminer, and Chardonnay, this refreshing white blend offers up aromas of guava, mandarin, jasmine flower, cherimoya, citrus blossom, and ginger. Flavors of white strawberry, lychee, nectarine, honeysuckle, quince, and green pineapple, leads to a mineral driven and effervescent finish.
- Item #: i_201070Bottle Size: 500mlEvery so often, one of our wine distributors bring us a wine that throws us for aloop...this is one of those times! Mueller-Thurgau is a cross of two different varieties. This was done by Hermann Mueller from the town of Thurgau (yes, coming up witha name is that easy!). As of 2006, it is the second most widely planted grape in Germany, yet is also planted in Austria, Italy, U.S.A., and Australia, among others. It is hard to think a grape this obscure would actually light a fire under us, but this wine offers so much flavor, texture, and sheer pleasure, that every single person who tried it with the vendor was amazed!
Anne Amie offers two renditions of their Muller Thurgau dessert wines, one called "Anne" and the other called "Amie". The Amie bottling was maderized and fortified to produce a Vin Doux Naturel styled dessert wine showing caramelized and nutty flavors that pair exceptionally with strong cheeses and candied almonds. We think this could be the perfect match with an apple pie!
- Item #: i_277506Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS-" Points, Wine Advocate: “A blend of 63% Chardonnay and 37% Pinot Noir, the 2007 Extended Tirage Brut has a nose of Golden Delicious apple, baked yellow pear, baker’s yeast and brioche. Light to medium-bodied and dry in the mouth, it has good expression of fruit and bakery flavors with crisp, refreshing acidity, persistent bubbles and a long, savory finish.” —Erin Brooks, Aug. 31, 2018."
WINEMAKER'S NOTES - "With the sparkling harvest lasting 3 weeks and drawn out into early October, the 2007 Extended Tirage Brut is bursting with crunchy acidity and well developed fruit flavors. Aged upon the lees for 10 years before disgorgement, the wine is impressive for its depth and creamy layers of texture. Grilled peach, fig, honey, and citrus zest are layered with the mature complexity of toast and roasted nuts, bringing harmony to a graceful and elegant finish."
- Item #: i_201730Bottle Size: 750MLThe Dundee Hills and Eola-Amity Hills are home to our Reserve Pinot Noir, both based in volcanic red soils, providing spicy elegance and texture. Perfumed, floral, and red cherry weave with delicate mocha and five spice. The tannins are firm, but rounded, an underlying minerality which drives the mid-palate through the long finish. While delving for pure fruit flavors and juicy acidity, we hang our phenolic hat on our trademark silky texture, which has been enhanced through cold soaking and fermenting in small, 1.5-ton fermentations.
- Item #: i_201710Bottle Size: 750MLArgyle Pinot Noir highlights the elegance and complexity of the Willamette Valley, showcasing the purity of fruit and supple texture the region has to offer. Fermented entirely in small, 1.5 ton lots and plunged by hand, the 2018 vintage leans dark cherry, red raspberry, and orange zest. Fresh, vibrant acidity is framed with polished tannin along with classic Argyle silky texture and persistent length.
- Item #: i_201680Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Deep lurid red. Spice- and smoke-accented cherry, raspberry and musky floral scents are complemented by building mineral and earth accents. Concentrated yet lively in character, offering intense cherry, Chambord and cola flavors that tighten up slowly on the back half. Smoothly plays power off finesse and finishes very long and appealingly sweet, with dusty tannins sneaking in late."
- Item #: i_201690Bottle Size: 750mlTextbook Willamette Valley Pinot Noir with juicy, fresh fruit and berry flavors - think dark cherry, cranberry, blackberry, more cherry. Clove, mocha, blood orange and vanilla accents abound adding complexity. The texture is ripe and plush with a line of acid running through to keep the wine vibrant. The wine is all about focus, electricity, and verve.
- Item #: i_202630Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95If you have ever thought about venturing into Oregon Pinot Noirs, now is your time! And if you are an Oregon Pinot Noir zealot, now is your time! 2015 is going down in the record books as one of the best vintages in the history of the state, with warm weather throughout most of the growing season, and the sun shining bright during harvest. The wines are forward, inviting, complex, and nuanced. Located in the Ribbon Ridge sub-region of the Willamette Valley, Beaux Freres is planted on steep, contiguous southward facing hillsides of Willakenzie soils, comprised of old marine sediment. With a focus on biodynamic farming, the vines are planted at high density and some vines on the property are 30 years old, with several being own rooted!
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 95 POINTS - "Brilliant ruby. Intense red and blue fruit, floral and spice qualities on the highly perfumed nose, along with hints of cola and licorice. Juicy and precise, offering concentrated raspberry, boysenberry and floral pastille flavors that take on a five-spice-powder nuance with air. Plays power off delicacy with a sure hand and finishes extremely long and silky, with polished tannins framing lingering red fruit and candied rose notes. 45% new oak."
- Item #: i_275444Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94+Wine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR #37 WINE OF 2020!
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Dynamic yet harmonious, with expressive raspberry and rose petal aromas, accented by flavors of orange peel and dusky spice. Builds richness toward polished tannins. Drink now through 2028."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS - "Medium ruby-purple, the 2018 Pinot Noir Cumberland Reserve takes its time to unfold to notes of earth, tar and blue and black berries on the nose. The palate is medium-bodied, firm and seamlessly fresh with intense dark fruits and a peppery finish. It's youthfully coiled and will have more to show with another couple years in bottle."
- Item #: i_208700Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is very expressive of smoky espresso, cacao, raspberry, pomegranate, rose petals, and graham cracker. The fruit on the palate is juicy in a refreshing kind of way with playful dusty tannins. There is an easiness to the way the wine drinks that is soothing and comfortable like the way your favorite old pair of leather boots feel on your feet.
- Item #: i_208720Bottle Size: 750mlThe Wild Bee! The Wild Bee represents a shift in Big Table Farm's Chardonnay program. This wine takes the place of their Willamette Valley Chardonnay – only in name, label and price! Same vineyard sources, same winemaking, same barrels. The Wild Bee is a combination of all 6 sites of Chardonnay that they work with and is a fantastic representation of Willamette Valley Chardonnay for 2019.
At first blush this wine's aromatics offer up lemon custard and stone fruit. This is a clean bright expression of Chardonnay. It has a persistant white floral note that leads into warm toast and hazelnut – this all shows off the perfectly developed golden grapes that finish like a bite of perfectly ripe pear. The acid is fine and complex without any hard edges giving this wine tension to help you appreciate it's subtleties.
- Item #: i_206210Bottle Size: 750mlOrganically and Biodynamically farmed, the 2017 Brick House Chardonnay was grown just yards from their crush pad and wine press, thus ensuring the freshness of the fruit as it began its journey to becoming wine. The wine was barrel fermented in largely neutral French oak cooperage. It completed a full malolactic fermentation, contributing to the rich, round texture of the finished wine. The 2017 remained in barrel for twelve months and then was moved to tank for a further eight months. Bottled in May of 2019, this is a savory Chardonnay unencumbered by oak and exhibiting a hint of salinity on the nose and bright citrus and stone fruits on the palate.