- Item #: i_241510Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 92Do you want to get a real glimpse into the characteristics and style of the 2009 vintage in Washington, then you don't need to look any further. Delille has been somewhat under the radar, but if the quality in this Merlot blend doesn't open your eyes, we don't know what will! "D2" is the main highway that runs through Bordeaux, so being that this is a Merlot-based blend (just like the right bank of Bordeaux), the name is apt. This year, the wine is a blend of 58% Merlot, 36% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Cabernet Franc, and 1% Petit Verdot.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Very few Washington wineries can match DeLille for the way their wines combine sheer fruit intensity and structure. The current releases are wonderfully pliant and accessible, even if the best of them will last splendidly."
"(this Columbia Valley blend of nearly 20 sources represents 35% of this winery's production; 11,500 cases were made in 2014): Bright ruby. Pungent fruit-driven aromas of cranberry, pomegranate and blackberry. Plush and seamless on the palate, with blackberry and blueberry flavors complicated by a savory dried-berry note that I associate with Red Willow vineyard. Wonderfully pliant from the start, this beauty finishes very long and suave, with utterly smooth tannins. Great fruit here!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The ruby-colored 2014 D2 Proprietary Red Wine is the entry-level Bordeaux blend of the estate and is named after the D2 highway in Bordeaux. It's a soft, voluptuous, medium-bodied effort that offers loads of currants, black cherries, strawberries and leafy herb aromas and flavors. It's already hard to resist, yet there's quality tannin hiding under its fruit, and I suspect it will surprise you with its longevity."
- Item #: i_232430Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 94ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "This Ballard Canyon estate pulls from estate vineyards, and the wines are made by Matt Dees, who's unquestionably one of the most talented winemakers in the central coast. The 2014s are all gorgeous wines that shows the more structured, age-worthy side to the vintage (which is the MO at this estate) and will benefit from short term cellaring."
"Composed of 54% Merlot, 23% Cabernet Sauvignon, 19% Cabernet Franc and 4% Petit Verdot, the 2014 Fenix has a medium garnet-purple color and nose of crushed black plums, blackberry compote and mulberries with hints of Chinese five spice, garrigue, rare beef and dried Mediterranean herbs. The medium-bodied palate struts a lot of showy black fruit and spicy layers, with velvety tannins and lovely freshness paving the long finish."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2014 Fenix, Jonata's Merlot-based blend is round, supple and inviting. Dark wild cherry, plum, smoke, tobacco, licorice and dark spice notes infuse this creamy voluptuous red. The tannins need time to soften, but there is plenty to look forward to. Like all of the 2014s, the Fenix carries with it the struggle of a drought vintage."
- Item #: i_233950Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 96ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "The 2014 Red Blend Mernet Reserve is a total knock-out. Firm, structured and vibrant, the 2014 bristles with energy. Striking mid-palate sweetness and overall depth add to the wine's unmistakable personality. Deceptive at first because of its mid-weight structure, the 2014 has more than enough pedigree to drink well for many years. The Mernet is equal parts Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon from the estate's Spring Mountain vineyard."
ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS - "This winery on Spring Mountain has been doing an impeccable job of winemaking for a number of years now, and they continue to show a Midas touch across all varieties they work with."
"Another Reserve cuvee, the equal part blend of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon is the 2014 Mernet Reserve. Deep opaque ruby/purple, with sweet creme de cassis and black cherry notes, some underbrush and forest floor, medium to full body, and outstanding purity and texture, it is not a big wine, but elegant, intense and authoritative. Drink it over the next 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_236550Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 92ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Composed of 90% Merlot and 10% Petit Verdot, the 2015 Merlot Howell Mountain sports a deep garnet-purple color and nose of pure blackberry, black cherries and black plums with touches of garrigue, menthol and baking spices, with a waft of violets. Full-bodied, rich and packed with generous black fruits framed by velvety tannins and great freshness, it finishes long and spicy. 1,757 cases produced."
- Item #: i_245570Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Vinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "This is a compelling set of wines from Jackson Family Wines' Mt. Brave label from vineyards on Mt. Veeder. The Mt. Brave holdings are essentially a combination of Jackson's Veeder Peak Vineyard and the holdings Jackson acquired from Chateau Potel. Best of all, the wines remain reasonably priced within the context of Napa Valley."
"Mt. Brave's 2014 Merlot is powerful, dense and explosive. In this vintage, the wine is 100% Merlot. Punchy and bold, with plenty of dark red/purplish fruit and supporting mountain tannin, the 2014 is impressive. Savory herbs, iron, smoke and cedar infuse the expressive finish. This is a structured, hillside Merlot that needs time in bottle ."
ROBERT PARKER 91 POINTS - "This is a relatively new estate for the Jackson family, with their well-known Lokoya, Cardinale and La Jota winemaker, Chris Carpenter, looking after these wines from Mt. Veeder. Production of these cuvées ranges from a low of 515 cases for the Cabernet Franc to 3,698 cases for the highest scoring wine, the Cabernet Sauvignon."
"The 2014 Merlot (100% Merlot aged in 90% new oak) displays chocolaty blueberry and blackberry fruit, hints of roasted coffee and unsmoked cigar tobacco, medium to full body, soft, silky tannins and impressive intensity. Drink it over the next 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_242430Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 94Quilceda Creek has received more 100-point scores from Robert Parker's Wine Advocate than any other winery in Washington. Paul Golitzin is winemaker and son of founders Alex and Jeannette Golitzin. He learned his masterful touch with Bordeaux varietals from not only his father, but also his great uncle Andre Tchelistcheff (Cabernet Sauvignon would not be ANYWHERE near its current success without Andre's work in the Napa Valley), however Paul has developed his own style and worked with the amazing fruit from the area. Eastern Washington state is very arid and these grapes only receive approximately 9 inches of rain per year (less than SoCal). Comprised of fruit from four of the best vineyards in the region, we were, again, in the right place at the right time to get a healthy allocation of this ripe, forward and hedonistic Cabernet-blend from the most sought-after producer in Washington State!
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "This is a sensational vintage from Quilceda's Paul and Alex Golitzin! Both the classic Columbia Valley Cabernet and the Galitzine Vineyard are sheer perfection, and the Palengat release is also just about as good as it gets. These are incredible wines that offer everything you could want from Washington State Cabernet Sauvignon, and readers owe it to themselves to try these wines!"
"A blend of 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Merlot, 9% Cabernet Franc, the sensational 2014 Palengat Vineyard is loaded with notions of chocolate covered plums, licorice, roasted herbs, and graphite/lead pencil shavings. Up there with the of the top vintages of the cuvee, this full-bodied, rounded and hedonistic 2014 shines in the vintage, has no hard edges, gorgeous purity, and plenty of ripe, sweet tannin. It’s a serious mouthful of a Cabernet and will drink nicely for 10-15 years."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 94 POINTS - "Bright red-ruby; not hugely saturated. Alluring, high-toned aromas of cassis, boysenberry and gingerbread spices. Suave and fine-grained, offering a lovely balance of sweetness of berry fruit and harmonious acidity; uncommonly complex, as the ripeness ranges from lightly herbal to nearly overripe without crossing either line. This plush, broad wine really vibrates on the long, subtle, slowly building finish, which features fine-grained tannins."