- Item #: i_203356Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Vibrant and fresh, with fresh lemon, wet stone and vanilla curd accents that finish on a steely note. Drink now. 1,900 cases made."
At 750 feet in elevation, north-facing and windy, the Chardonnay from Spirit Hill Vineyard provides beautifully focused acidity and tension. The freshness of Eola-Amity Hills Chardonnay shines through with lemon and grapefruit wound up with tight malic energy. Neutral oak barrel fermentation and aging builds upon its pronounced structure, bringing subtle creaminess woven into fine, salty mineral length.
- Item #: i_255934Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91WINERY NOTES-"At the top of Knudsen Vineyards in the Dundee Hills, at 950 feet of elevation, is where you'll find our 2.5 acre planting of Pinot Meunier. We take advantage of the late ripening spot to retain bright, fresh acidity and mineral edge. The balance of the wine is equally blended between the aforementioned Knudsen Vineyard and our younger, but equally high elevation Spirit Hill Vineyard in the Eola-Amity Hills. The color is bright, pale salmon pink, while its bouquet is full of rose petal, cherry kernel, and pomegranate. The barrel aging of the red wine component contributes to its savory complexity, while its delicate, creamy bead leads to a long textural finish."
- Item #: i_275157Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Notes - In keeping with the traditional method, we add a small amount of red wine (Pinot Noir) prior to tirage to create the distinctive salmon color with copper hues. The wine's aroma is rich yet elegant with strawberry and red currant fruit layered over notes of nutmeg and cocoa. A bold, yet refined palate structure characterizes this wine with subtle but persistent flavors of raspberry and French toast. The wine finishes with excellent length and richness that will stand up to a variety of foods
- Item #: i_275982Bottle Size: 750mlThis long-time pet project of winemaker Jenny Wagner is finally making its commercial debut. No professional reviews as of yet. However we will say that fans of toasty old school Champagnes will be pleasantly surprised by this fascinating New World bubbly. It is a blend of 56% Chardonnay and 44% Pinot Noir grapes sourced from Sonoma County (51%), Santa Barbara County (47%), and Monterey County (2%).
- Item #: i_276411Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 95 Points#28 ENTHUSIAST 100 2019
WINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS
" A blend of 72% Pinot Noir and 28% Chardonnay, this is a stunning vintage of the perennially impressive sparkler. Nutty and earthy, it sings in strawberry, wet stone and rose petal. The palate offers a lively mousse and persistent acidity, making it vibrant and easy to enjoy."
- Item #: i_276658Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "A majority of Pinot Noir in this blend doesn't overshadow the Chardonnay's sentiments of baked apple, hazelnut and creme brulee. Warm and savory, the mousse is also dry, crisp and buoyant, balanced and elegant in the end, making for a complete wine with a lengthy finish."
- Item #: i_268741Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 94 Points2015 Ocean Reserve Blanc de Blancs is a special, limited edition, vintage Blanc de Blancs. Iron Horse gives $4 a bottle to National Geographic’s Ocean Initiative, establishing marine protected areas and supporting sustainable fishing practices around the globe.
- Item #: i_232740Bottle Size: 750MLCONNOISSEUR'S GUIDE TO CALIFORNIA WINE 91 POINTS - "This frothy, crisply balanced bubbly places the accent on freshness and grace even while showing a trace of proper Rose grip. It ends with a slight lemony lift at the finish, yet its fix on fruit is tenacious, and its prospects for successful service with sundry rich seafoods and light poultry dishes are as sure as sure gets. Ever since 1986, when Judy Jordan founded J Vineyards, her sparkling and still wines have achieved an enviable critical and commercial track record. The reason for this success is simply that over these many years J wines have delivered remarkably consistent quality fashioned around an elegant "house" style, which vividly expresses the essence of their Russian River Valleyterroir. Think strawberries and créme fraiche in the nose while the palate rolls out more strawberry impressions along with undertones of flambéed black cherries with hints of peach pits and citrus emerging in the mouth-watering finish. An awesome brunch bubbly or patio-quaffer to be sure."
- Item #: i_258355Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - "Wine Enthusiast - "This proves that sparkling wine does not have to be bone-dry to be sophisticated. Although moderately sweet, it is complex in aroma, elegant in texture and balance, rich in flavor and long on the finish. An appealing fresh-bread aroma leads to rich poached-pear flavors. This will be great with an after-dinner cheese course."
- Item #: i_258370Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 92This pioneering Napa Valley sparkling wine house has been on quite a tear lately with their rose cuvees and this edition could be our favorite to date. This rose's multi-faceted palate presents a cornucopia of succulent red summer fruits that are just the thing to complement the salt infused flavors of your Easter ham. Robert Parker really flipped for it as the below review suggests.
- Item #: i_275092Bottle Size: 750MLGenerous aromas of red apple, apricot, and candied lemon layered with fragrances of graham cracker and sourdough bread. Lush flavors coat the palate with cantaloupe, peach, and a hint of vanilla and marzipan. Crisp acidity gives way to a floral, honeyed finish.
- Item #: i_278262Bottle Size: 750mlWINE MAKERS'S TASTING NORES-"Fragrant aromas of red apple and pear are complemented with hints of hazelnut, brioche bread, mineral and Meyer lemon notes. On the palate, apple fruit, nut, and light strawberry flavors are balanced with Sonoma- Cutrer’s signature acidity. This sparkler is a perfect pairing with goat cheese, fruit tarts or fresh oysters with salmon caviar.
PRODUCTION NOTES -This, the winery's first ever bubbly, is a blend of 60% Chardonnay 40% Pinot Noir from the estate's Vine Hill and Owsley vineyards. Vine Hill Ranch has more than a 400-ft. elevation change that allows each ridge, slope, and valley in the vineyard to contribute unique characteristics to the grapes. Owsley Vineyard is made up of 90 total acres. It is the closest Sonoma-Cutrer property to the Pacific Ocean and is highly influenced by the cold fog that comes through the Bloomfield Gap. This location gives the vines exposure to dramatic temperature changes from warm days to cool, foggy nights. Combined with Goldridge sandy loam soil, clones and rootstocks that limit excessive vine growth, thus Owsley provides a beautiful variety of elegant Pinot Noir fruit. Grapes for this wine were picked by hand at night and placed into small bins before being hand-sorted and whole cluster pressed. Careful attention was given to lightly pressing the berries to yield a juice that presented both a delicate color and bright, fruit characteristics. The juice was then fermented in stainless steel prior to tirage bottling in January of 2015. The wine rested en tirage until being disgorged June, 2018 with dosage of 12 grams/liter.