- Item #: i_200023Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "00 Wines is crafting some of the most exciting Chardonnays in Willamette Valley. Anjou, France, native Pierre Millemann oversees winemaking in Oregon, and he is also in charge of 00's newest projects in France, where they are making a white Burgundy and Champagne."
"The 2017 Chardonnay Richard Hermann Cuvee has intense, layered aromas of quince paste, apple pie, toast, oyster shell, white blossoms, honeyed almonds, saline and baked peaches with a classy framing of allspice and hints of mushroom tart and tree bark. The medium-bodied palate is incredibly intense and silky, with tangy opposing acidity and a very long, layered, tensile finish. This is so good!"
- Item #: i_200013Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay Chehalem Mountain takes time to open on the nose. It's worth the wait, unfolding to gorgeous aromas of spring honey, hazelnuts, flint, pastry and a rich core of quince paste and floral perfume. Medium-bodied, the palate is incredibly silky, its broad, rich character refreshed by bright acidity, finishing elegantly and flavorful. This is a savory, mineral-driven Chardonnay that has the structure and flesh to give plenty more with bottle time. 54 cases were made."
- Item #: i_208720Bottle Size: 750mlThe Wild Bee! The Wild Bee represents a shift in Big Table Farm's Chardonnay program. This wine takes the place of their Willamette Valley Chardonnay – only in name, label and price! Same vineyard sources, same winemaking, same barrels. The Wild Bee is a combination of all 6 sites of Chardonnay that they work with and is a fantastic representation of Willamette Valley Chardonnay for 2019.
At first blush this wine's aromatics offer up lemon custard and stone fruit. This is a clean bright expression of Chardonnay. It has a persistant white floral note that leads into warm toast and hazelnut – this all shows off the perfectly developed golden grapes that finish like a bite of perfectly ripe pear. The acid is fine and complex without any hard edges giving this wine tension to help you appreciate it's subtleties.
- Item #: i_206210Bottle Size: 750mlOrganically and Biodynamically farmed, the 2017 Brick House Chardonnay was grown just yards from their crush pad and wine press, thus ensuring the freshness of the fruit as it began its journey to becoming wine. The wine was barrel fermented in largely neutral French oak cooperage. It completed a full malolactic fermentation, contributing to the rich, round texture of the finished wine. The 2017 remained in barrel for twelve months and then was moved to tank for a further eight months. Bottled in May of 2019, this is a savory Chardonnay unencumbered by oak and exhibiting a hint of salinity on the nose and bright citrus and stone fruits on the palate.
- Item #: i_216120Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 91**Please note, this is a half sized bottleDrouhin's Chardonnay Arthur is produced from 100% Dijon clones, grown on the Drouhin Family Estate in the Dundee Hills of Oregon. First planted in 1990, the low yields of these vines and their early ripening ability have been a perfect match for the climate and soils. Arthur, named for Veronique's son, is a wine that captures the bright, crisp acidity and mineral character of the vineyard, balanced with richness and lovely length.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Estate Arthur has a lovely open nose of red apple skin and yellow pear with nuances of tangy Greek yogurt, toast and lemon pith. Light to medium-bodied, it has good concentration of tree fruits in the mouth with touches of honey and white blossoms with great juicy acidity, finishing long with a touch of texture. 3,375 cases produced."
- Item #: i_216300Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Seamless and refined, with floral pear and spice aromas and supple, layered Meyer lemon, stony mineral and blanched almond flavors that linger. Drink now through 2022. 245 cases made."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2014 Chardonnay Recolte Grand Cru offers pronounced notes of honeyed peaches, warm pineapple and ripe melon with hints of brioche, praline and creme brulee. Medium to full-bodied, there is an appealing oiliness to the texture on the palate and tons of tropical fruit and savory layers, finishing with lingering spicy notes coming through. This should age gracefully over 4-6 years+."
- Item #: i_216380Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Polished and elegantly opulent, with pear and apple flavors, accented by spice notes and finishing on a lingering steely detail. Drink now through 2020. 3,691 cases made."
- Item #: i_218880Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91Elk Cove's Chardonnay is hand picked then gently whole-cluster pressed to avoid bitterness. The juice is fermented in large puncheons and a mix of neutral and new oak barrels. They age in barrel for a full 12 months with some stirring on the lees after malolactic fermentation. This is their classic take on Chardonnay, one of the original varietals they planted in 1974 and grew for over 20 years.
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Floral and elegantly festive, with pretty tropical fruit and pear notes, laced with honeysuckle details and lingering on a plush finish. Drink now. 525 cases made."
- Item #: i_274300Bottle Size: 750mlThe Chardonnay estate is a barrel selection. Since each barrel ferments with its own yeast and ages at its own rate, each barrel becomes very distinct. Before bottling, Jason tastes each barrel. Those barrels which speak to the longest aging potential become the Original Vines Reserve. This estate, on the other hand, is blended from those barrels which offer the most immediate pleasure.
- Item #: i_222500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 92The Gran Moraine vineyard was planted in 2005 to several different Dijon clones. Located five miles west of the town of Carlton this site is one of the more westerly vineyards in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA and therefore subject to the cooling afternoon breezes that roll off the Pacific. A variety of slopes, aspects, row direction, and plant material offer a wide diversity of blocks to choose from when blending this Yamhill-Carlton Chardonnay.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Pale yellow. Fresh pear, melon and lemon curd aromas are complemented by hints of white flowers, vanilla and buttered toast. Fleshy and seamless in the mouth, offering juicy citrus and orchard fruit flavors that tighten up and pick up a minerally nuance with aeration. Finishes with firm grip, a repeating floral note and strong, spicy persistence."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "TThe 2017 Chardonnay Yamhill-Carlton has a wonderfully open, inviting nose of honey-drizzled hazelnuts, apple pie, clotted cream, baked peaches, allspice and crushed stone. The medium-bodied palate is creamy textured and savory in character with juicy acidity and a long, textured finish. This will benefit from one more year in bottle. 2,303 cases produced."
- Item #: i_252590Bottle Size: 750mlThis 2017 Chardonnay is a blend of the three best Chardonnay vineyards in the Willamette Valley: Wits’ End, Knudsen, and Marsh Estate Vineyards. Located in the Chehalem Mountains AVA, Wits’ End is the Soles’ estate vineyard. Four acres of Chardonnay were planted here in 2013. As a result of Rollin’s 30+ years in the industry, ROCO has access to premium fruit from Marsh Estate and Knudsen Vineyards. Rollin crafts wines that balance minerality and rich power.
Winemaker's Tasting Notes: "The 2017 vintage was perfect for Chardonnay. The aromatics are especially lovely, with pear, citrus/quince, with roasted hazelnut, vanilla, and celery stalk savory notes. The palate may be the finest balanced Chardonnay we've made at ROCO. Look for passion fruit and floral notes of honeysuckle and pear blossoms framed by lovely chestnut and vanilla bean spice. The fulcrum of ripe fruit to fine citrus acidity is delightful with a finish that is long and full of joy."
- Item #: i_266470Bottle Size: 750mlStoller's Reserve Chardonnay is a blend of their oldest Dijon vines on the property, which were planted in 1995. Whole cluster pressed to mitigate phenolics, this wine was barrel fermented. This wine aged in French oak for 11-months before spending another 6-months in stainless steel. Expressing aromatics of lemon curd, brioche and flint, the palate meets the nose with a citrus vibrancy and reveals a luxurious mouthfeel due to extended lees contact and balanced use of oak.
- Item #: i_277835Bottle Size: 750mlVineyard owners Dan and Helen Dusschee planted the iconic Freedom Hill Vineyard in 1981. Their son, Dustin, has recently taken over the farming responsibility in yet another generation of sustainable stewardship and maintaining the family legacy. Freedom Hill Vineyard is tucked into the coast range on a gentle southeast slope. Protected from the Van Duzer coastal winds, this vineyard has a warmer climate than those of the neighboring Eola-Amity Hills. The soils here are a sedimentary, uplifted seabed and are thought to be among the oldest in the region. These ancient soils, combined with the vineyard's microclimate and Dustin’s meticulous farming practices, consistently produce lovely, intricate Chardonnays.
- Item #: i_277930Bottle Size: 750mlWalter Scott believes in Willamette Valley Chardonnay. This classic varietal has an important place in this region and at Walter Scott, not in the replication of other inspirational regions, but in its own distinctive style, with its own compelling voice. Chardonnay is a grape which is able to translate Willamette Valley's unique geology in the same way Pinot Noir can. Through thoughtful farming and cellar practices, Walter Scott strives to allow Chardonnay to reach its powerful Willamette Valley potential.
Their approach to Chardonnay pays attention to texture and structure, translating site and vintage. The La Combe Verte is fermented with 100% ambient yeast and full malolactic conversion in large barrels with very little batonnage. The wine is lightly fined and filtered prior to bottling to brighten aromatics and give a polished finish. The result is an illuminating style of chardonnay, showcasing density and precision. The palate spotlights evolving layers of textures which follow the aromatic notes of lemon blossoms, with the finish offering a subtle mineral and saline character.