- Item #: i_200700Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 98-100ANTONIO GALLONI 98-100 POINTS - "The 2019 Chardonnay Eastside Vineyard is deep, powerful and packed. Lemon confit, crushed rocks, menthol, graphite, chamomile and vanillin infuse the 2019 with striking layers of dimension. Bright acids give the sculpted finish tremendous persistence. Montrachet clone on Riparia rootstock in a rocky site yields a Chardonnay of rare distinction and class."
- Item #: i_200845Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97-100ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97-100 POINTS - "Aubert noted that this is his coolest site and usually the last to be harvested. Located near the Hyde Estate winery, by virtue of chilly afternoon breezes, it is indeed among the coolest sites on the Napa side of the Los Carneros AVA. This section is planted to Corton-Charlemagne clone on St. George rootstock. A barrel sample, it is being aged in 50% new French oak barrels.
"Whoa—the 2019 Chardonnay Larry Hyde and Sons explodes from the glass with bombastic scents of sea spray, freshly shaved ginger, lemon curd and grapefruit plus emerging hints of green guava, lime cordial and coriander seed with a waft of struck flint. Full-bodied, rich and lively, the palate is remarkably fruity and yet possesses loads of mineral sparks and savory nuances, finishing very long and spicy. This vintage no doubt played to the strengths of this site beautifully in 2019, delivering a very impressive wine of amazing singularity and intensity."
- Item #: i_200620Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97-100ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97-100 POINTS - "Lauren Vineyard (named after Mark Aubert's daughter) is the first vineyard Mark Aubert ever bought. It is composed of gravel mixed with Goldrich soils and was planted in 1999 to four different clones: two Old Wente clones, Mount Eden and Corton-Charlemagne.
"The 2019 Chardonnay Lauren Estate (a barrel sample) was fermented and aged in 100% new French oak. Unlike the other 2019 Aubert Chardonnays, this one needs a little swirling and coaxing to reveal the youthfully mute nuances of sea spray, crushed cashews, beeswax and allspice over a core of fresh pineapple, passion fruit, lemon meringue pie and toast. The full-bodied palate delivers the most gorgeous silken texture with tons of opulent spice-laced tropical fruit flavors and a refreshing line, finishing with incredible length and energy. Singularly stunning."
- Item #: i_200610Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97-99ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97-99 POINTS - "A relatively new vineyard label for Aubert (the third vintage to be produced), the 2019 Chardonnay Powder House comes from eight acres of what are now estate-owned vines planted in 2013 to Hyde Old Wente and Mt. Eden clones on Goldridge soils. It prances out of the glass with showy scents of fresh nectarines, pink grapefruit, lime leaves and preserved lemons plus hints of struck flint and wet pebbles. The full-bodied palate possesses an almost electric intensity with bags of nervy citrusy flavors and a very lively backbone, finishing with great length and oodles of minerals. This should age fantastically!"
- Item #: i_200615Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96-98Vinous Media: 95-97ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96-98 POINTS - "A barrel sample, the 2019 Chardonnay UV-SL opens with compelling floral notes—honeysuckle and lime blossoms—over a core of red apples, green guava and honeydew melon with underlying suggestions of baking bread, allspice and marzipan. The full-bodied palate has a pleasant hint of phenolic grip to the texture with seamless acidity supporting the densely laden apple and tropical fruit flavors, finishing long and yeasty/toasty."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95-97 POINTS - "The 2019 Chardonnay UV-SL Vineyard is laced with the essence of tangerine oil, ginger, passionfruit and white flowers. Tropical and lush, yet also remarkably elegant, the UV-SL is so expressive today. A hint of reduction adds character, as does a slightly phenolic edge that drives through to the finish."
- Item #: i_255550Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Rombauer's Proprietor Selection is a reserve Chardonnay produced only in exceptional vintages, and is a blend of their best barrels from the finest lots. This wine comes from elite vineyards in the Carneros region owned by the Rombauer family and select growers including the Sangiacomo family, long-term grower partners who have farmed this land for three generations.
The grapes were gently whole-cluster pressed while the fruit was still cool. The juice was pumped to tank to cold-settle overnight before it was racked to barrel for primary and malolactic fermentations. The lees were stirred every two weeks to give the wine rich flavors and a creamy texture. Each barrel was hand-selected for this wine.
Pale straw yellow with a golden hue, this wine's color will deepen with age. An exceptionally concentrated aroma of candied peach, Meyer lemon, brioche and spice leap from the glass. The palate has layers of peach, nectarine and lemon curd which blend seamlessly with the spice, brioche and creamy texture. The acid binds the wine together, providing the balance to hold the brooding fruit sweetness in check. The finish continues to build endlessly.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2019 Chardonnay Proprietor Selection needs a fair bit of swirling to reveal glorious notes of warm apricots, fresh grapefruit, lemon tart and fresh Bosc pears with touches of beeswax, allspice, candied ginger and toasted almond. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has tightly wound citrus and stone fruit layers with a satiny texture and fantastic freshness, finishing with loads of spice and mineral sparks. This is one beautifully crafted Napa Valley Chardonnay!"