- Item #: i_207720Bottle Size: 750mlGrown high on the limestone-rich soils of Mt. Harlan, this is a sleek and sophisticated expression of cool-climate Chardonnay, with alluring aromas of guava, Mandarin orange, fennel and hints of cedar. On the palate, the wine's lovely weight and lush texture is balanced by a bright natural acidity that adds purity and precision to the generous white peach and passionfruit flavors.
- Item #: i_214000Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92Dehlinger has long been recognized for its Russian River Valley Chardonnays, which are known for their balance, fresh acidity, and unctuous flavor. Today, Dehlinger produces a single Estate Chardonnay bottling each vintage, originating from their eight acres of Chardonnay vines planted between 1975 and 1988. These old vines, grown in the region's classic goldridge series soils, are grafted to the California heritage "Wente" clone, which produces small clusters and berries and has a notable minerality and almost oily viscosity.
Dehlinger's Chardonnays are crafted using traditional techniques which preserve the flavor and elegance of the variety. At harvest, the grapes are picked at night, brought cold into the winery and "whole cluster pressed" to extract the highest quality juice. From there, the juice is fermented in French oak barrels using native yeasts. The wine gains further complexity through malolactic fermentation and a year of aging on the lees. Dehlinger has been bottling its Chardonnays "Unfiltered" since the late 1990s in order to capture the full flavor potential and most pleasing texture possible.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Not surprisingly, in 2017 Dehlinger's Chardonnay Estate is quite racy and luscious. Orchard fruit, citrus confit, and wild flowers take on an extra level of sheer richness, while tropical accents add to the real feeling of exoticism."
- Item #: i_218880Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91Elk Cove's Chardonnay is hand picked then gently whole-cluster pressed to avoid bitterness. The juice is fermented in large puncheons and a mix of neutral and new oak barrels. They age in barrel for a full 12 months with some stirring on the lees after malolactic fermentation. This is their classic take on Chardonnay, one of the original varietals they planted in 1974 and grew for over 20 years.
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Floral and elegantly festive, with pretty tropical fruit and pear notes, laced with honeysuckle details and lingering on a plush finish. Drink now. 525 cases made."
- Item #: i_232540Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91Seven Springs Vineyard was planted in 1984 by Al MacDonald on an east-facing slope, in the iron-rich and rocky, volcanic soils of the Eola-Amity Hills. Al planted what would become one of Oregon's most recognized vineyards who sold fruit to many benchmark Oregon producers. The vineyard's position opposite of the windy Van Duzer Corridor mitigates hot, sunny afternoons in the Willamette Valley with cool winds from the Pacific. As valley temperatures increase throughout the day, warm air rises, replaced by cooling winds flooding in from the Pacific through the Van Duzer gap and across the vineyard providing extended hang time at harvest. The vineyard has always been dry farmed, it's certified LIVE and was converted to biodynamic viticulture in 2007.
At the helm of Seven Springs is Rajat Parr, world renowned wine sommelier and Sashi Moorman, known for his passion for winemaking and viticulture. Together, these two bring an insurmountable amount of knowledge leading Seven Springs into its 4th decade producing outstanding wines at an affordable price point!
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Refined and elegantly layered, with floral apple, spiced lees and mineral notes that glide along a structured finish. Drink now through 2021. 1,500 cases made."
- Item #: i_222500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 92The Gran Moraine vineyard was planted in 2005 to several different Dijon clones. Located five miles west of the town of Carlton this site is one of the more westerly vineyards in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA and therefore subject to the cooling afternoon breezes that roll off the Pacific. A variety of slopes, aspects, row direction, and plant material offer a wide diversity of blocks to choose from when blending this Yamhill-Carlton Chardonnay.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Pale yellow. Fresh pear, melon and lemon curd aromas are complemented by hints of white flowers, vanilla and buttered toast. Fleshy and seamless in the mouth, offering juicy citrus and orchard fruit flavors that tighten up and pick up a minerally nuance with aeration. Finishes with firm grip, a repeating floral note and strong, spicy persistence."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "TThe 2017 Chardonnay Yamhill-Carlton has a wonderfully open, inviting nose of honey-drizzled hazelnuts, apple pie, clotted cream, baked peaches, allspice and crushed stone. The medium-bodied palate is creamy textured and savory in character with juicy acidity and a long, textured finish. This will benefit from one more year in bottle. 2,303 cases produced."
- Item #: i_229830Bottle Size: 750MLThe Heitz name is so deeply ingrained in the culture of Cabernet connoisseurs that some people are surprised to discover we have been making Chardonnay since the winery was founded in 1961. Sleek and vibrant with the invigorating aroma of juicy pear and lemon blossoms. It's a delicious wine delivering tiers of citrus flavor and the slight tanginess.
- Item #: i_245240Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 93The Double L Vineyard is well situated to produce Chardonnay of the highest caliber. Located near the northern tip of the Santa Lucia Highlands AVA, the vineyard receives brisk afternoon breezes from nearby Monterey Bay. North-south vineyard row orientation allows for optimum sun exposure on the Highlands’ east - facing terraces. Wind and sun combine for a long growing season, resulting in vibrant fruit flavors with balanced acidity. The vineyard was certified organic in 2002, although it has been conscientiously farmed in this method since the original plantings in 1997.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Owner Dan Lee and winemaker Sam Smith's 2017s maintain this pioneering winery's streak of producing fresh, fruit-driven wines that are pretty hard to resist straight out of the gate. The good news is that, aside from the single-vineyard wines made from fruit sourced from some of the region's best sites, there's quite a bit of them to go around, compared to many of their neighbors."
"Pale shimmering gold. A complex, highly perfumed bouquet evokes pear nectar, honeydew melon, buttered toast and white flowers. Silky, seamless and energetic on the palate, offering concentrated orchard and citrus fruit, floral and vanilla flavors and a hint of smoky lees. Rich yet lively and focused, showing outstanding clarity on an impressively long, mineral- and floral-driven finish. This wine saw 24% new French oak."
- Item #: i_249340Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Dutton Ranch aged on the lees in 35% new oak with weekly batonnage. It reluctantly opens to apple pie, toast, apricot, roasted almonds and smoky reduction. It's medium-bodied, silky and more expressive in the mouth with honeyed, savory notions framing the intense fruits, enlivened by juicy acidity and finishing long and textured. This will benefit from another year in bottle."
- Item #: i_249865Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine embodies the rich diversity of world-class vineyards in the acclaimed Sonoma Coast appellation, and the talents of the gifted winegrowers who farm these sites. Combining fruit from a "who's who" of the appellation's most renowned vineyards, this cuvee includes Sanchietti Vineyard, Gap's Crown Vineyard, Zio Tony Ranch, Dutton Ranch, and Durrell Vineyard. On the nose, aromas of dried orange peel, roasted almond, lemon sugar cookie and green apple are nicely supported by spicy French oak shadings. The mouthfeel is crisp and juicy with cascading, mouthwatering flavors of spicy pear, lime zest, yeast and toffee. The finish is long and focused by crisp acidity leading to lingering flavors that keep pumping.
- Item #: i_215570Bottle Size: 750mlThe French word collines means "hills," and it aptly describes the Carneros landscape in the southern reaches of Napa Valley, where gentle rolling hills surround our estate vineyard. Deep, heavy clay loam soils, combined with the marine influences of the nearby San Pablo Bay and Pacific Ocean, give Chardonnay wines from this region a distinctive balance of fruit and acidity.
Tension between richness and acidity. Lemon zest and bright apple aromas give lift to mango, white peach, and toast. The palate follows with lemon curd, white peach, Bartlett pear, and hints of graham cracker and nutmeg. This wine is round, silky, and viscous, showing good weight with zesty acidity that carries freshness and provides added dimension. Enjoyably broad and expansive on the palate with a long, lemony finish.
- Item #: i_252770Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 93ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay (Fort Ross-Seaview) is soft, creamy and wonderfully inviting, with notes of lemon confit, white flowers, white pepper and mint. The Fort-Ross Seaview Chardonnay - made entirely from Martinelli's Charles Ranch - takes the place of the former Sonoma Coast bottling. The 2018 finishes with terrific freshness and nuance. This is a gorgeous wine."
- Item #: i_274360Bottle Size: 750mlOlson displays a “crunchy” acidity, not unlike Chenin Blanc. Just 5 miles off the Pacific Ocean, the climate is incredibly cold. Locals colloquially call Prunedale “Prunetucky”, and Olson is a large sand dune rising above the town, just west of the 101 and facing the ocean. Typically this wine shows dried honey, Asian pear, and roasted pineapple on top of a distinct saline note.
- Item #: i_262440Bottle Size: 750mlThis vintage is loaded with aromas of lemon and lime, and accented with hints of Bosc pear, caramel, oak spice and the familiar, flinty, mineral notes that are a defining characteristic of the Les Pierres Vineyard. The citrus flavors of grapefruit and lime are complemented and balanced with toasty, caramelized oak, and spice. The careful approach to oak aging and fermentation creates a round, full mouthfeel with Sonoma-Cutrer's signature bright and lively citrus-laced acidity and a long, lingering finish of nice barrel spice.
- Item #: i_268290Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Vinous Media: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Light gold-colored, the 2017 Chardonnay Estate offers a rocking bouquet of spiced apple, white peach, white flowers, and toasted bread. This carries to a medium-bodied, fleshy, beautifully balanced effort that's already drinking brilliantly."
ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Estate is soft, open-knit and also quite understated. Lemon confit, almond and tangerine notes all develop in a pretty, gracious Chardonnay that will drink well right out of the gate. This is a decidedly quiet, subdued Chardonnay from The Hilt. Vineyard sites are 54% Bentrock, 28% Sanford & Benedict and 18% Radian."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay Estate, aged 11 months in 32% new French oak, features chamomile, acacia, toast, roasted almonds and crushed stone with peach, Golden Delicious apple and lemon peel scents. It's light to medium-bodied with toasty fruits, juicy acidity and a long, lively finish. 1,417 cases produced."