- Item #: i_208720Bottle Size: 750mlThe Wild Bee! The Wild Bee represents a shift in Big Table Farm's Chardonnay program. This wine takes the place of their Willamette Valley Chardonnay – only in name, label and price! Same vineyard sources, same winemaking, same barrels. The Wild Bee is a combination of all 6 sites of Chardonnay that they work with and is a fantastic representation of Willamette Valley Chardonnay for 2019.
At first blush this wine's aromatics offer up lemon custard and stone fruit. This is a clean bright expression of Chardonnay. It has a persistant white floral note that leads into warm toast and hazelnut – this all shows off the perfectly developed golden grapes that finish like a bite of perfectly ripe pear. The acid is fine and complex without any hard edges giving this wine tension to help you appreciate it's subtleties.
- Item #: i_216814Bottle Size: 750mlJAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "A full-bodied, creamy white, showing lots of ripe fruit on the nose with peach pie, baked apple and mango, followed by hazelnut and custard pastry on the palate. Crisp acidity. Drink or hold."
Both complex and alluring, this radiant Chardonnay opens up with aromas of pineapple, stone fruit and lime, as well as hints of white flowers and sweet French oak. On the palate, it is round and silky, with lively acidity and abundant minerality balancing the underlying richness and adding poise to the lush flavors of apple, peach and creamy lemon curd.
- Item #: i_220560Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is comprised of grapes from 60 different vineyard lots in Sonoma County that are blended together to create one full-bodied, delicious Chardonnay. The grapes are destemmed, pressed, then cold settled in stainless steel tanks before moving to barrels for fermentaion. Aged separately in French oak, the wine completes 92% malolactic fermentation, then is sur lie aged and stirred every two weeks until final blending in May, followed by bottling in June.
This Chardonnay delights with aromas of citrus, pear, vanilla, graham cracker and buttercream perfectly balanced by vibrant, rich flavors of baked apple, apricot, cinnamon and hazelnut. Lingering creamy and toasted oak notes round out the finish.
- Item #: i_274436Bottle Size: 750mlBright and lively; it opens with aromas of lemon/lime zest, candied Meyer lemon, yellow nectarine, raw ginger and dried Mirabelle plum. These fresh aromas are countered by vanilla, butterscotch, spice cake and creamy butter giving rise to a vibrant and harmonious combination. The palate is crisp, mellow and full; bursting with stone fruit, green apple, and Asian pear while being laced throughout with gentle toasted oak aromas of vanilla and spice.
- Item #: i_227210Bottle Size: 750mlAfter nearly 25 years of experience producing Chardonnay for other wineries, Greg now produces his own version of this classic California Chardonnay under his own label. The fruit comes from the Sangiacomo Family Vineyards just south of the town of Sonoma in the Carneros area, which provides ideal soils and climate. The Sangiacomos have been sustainably farming for three generations, providing quality grapes for numerous wineries since the late 1960s.
The fruit was selected from older established blocks. Each block was separately hand-harvested, pressed in a basket press, and then fermented in one third each new barrels, one-year barrels and older barrels in a cold (50º F) storage area. After primary fermentation the wine was inoculated for a second, malolactic fermentation and aged on its lees for nearly nine months, with the yeast lees gently stirred bi-weekly.
- Item #: i_262500Bottle Size: 750MLFruit aromas of Golden Delicious apple, Bosc pear and white peach are accented with oak spice, a hint of vanilla, toasted nuts, a light floral note and a touch of butterscotch. This wine has the signature Sonoma-Cutrer balance between elegance and richness for a medium-bodied, mouth-filling wine. The creamy richness is balanced with a bright acidity and highlighted with flavors of apple, pear and lemon zest. There is a long finish highlighted with notes of toasted almonds and barrel spice.
- Item #: i_265295Bottle Size: 750mlThis Chardonnay is a story of balance, a delicious intersection of richness and minerality that benefits from the classical standard of viticulture, care of the land, and winemaking that is as relevant today as it was in 1893 when Stags' Leap Winery celebrated its first vintage.
- Item #: i_270070Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2019 Chardonnay is layered with tropical fruit notes of pineapple and mango counterpointed by a core of bright citrus fruits of Meyer lemon, quince, and kumquat then rounded out by granny smith apples, spice, and floral like perfume. The high-quality French oak is well integrated and the wine has amazing acidity for its richness and complexity.
We grow our Chardonnay in the coolest and southernmost part of the Estate, the vines range from 25-45 years old and benefit from the various marine soils, gently sloped terrain, and cooler temperature conditions that make the Carneros region ideal for growing Chardonnay. They produce aromatic wines with complex fruit characteristics with unique spice and floral notes.
- Item #: i_277930Bottle Size: 750mlWalter Scott believes in Willamette Valley Chardonnay. This classic varietal has an important place in this region and at Walter Scott, not in the replication of other inspirational regions, but in its own distinctive style, with its own compelling voice. Chardonnay is a grape which is able to translate Willamette Valley's unique geology in the same way Pinot Noir can. Through thoughtful farming and cellar practices, Walter Scott strives to allow Chardonnay to reach its powerful Willamette Valley potential.
Their approach to Chardonnay pays attention to texture and structure, translating site and vintage. The La Combe Verte is fermented with 100% ambient yeast and full malolactic conversion in large barrels with very little batonnage. The wine is lightly fined and filtered prior to bottling to brighten aromatics and give a polished finish. The result is an illuminating style of chardonnay, showcasing density and precision. The palate spotlights evolving layers of textures which follow the aromatic notes of lemon blossoms, with the finish offering a subtle mineral and saline character.
- Item #: i_230510Bottle Size: 750mlThe grapes for William Hill's Napa Valley Chardonnay were harvested by hand and whole cluster pressed. All juice underwent barrel fermentation at an ambient cellar temperature of 65F. Following primary fermentation, the wine underwent full malolactic fermentation with sur lie aging in 30% new American oak.
Aromas of ripe Anjou pear and creme brrlee complement layers of ripe peach, golden apple and lemon shortbread on the palate. The velvety mouthfeel is balanced by bright acidity that carries through a fresh finish with a hint of spice.