- Item #: i_220660Bottle Size: 750mlThe Hudson Vineyard was planted upon beds of Haire loam soil back in the 1980s by a Texas expat by the name of Lee Hudson. Located at the southern tip of the Mayacamas Mountain range, the vineyard is 20 miles north of the San Pablo Bay exposing it to the classically Napa diurnal shift of foggy morning and extremely warm afternoons. The wines undergo native yeast fermentation before aging for 11 months in a combination of roughly 15% new French oak and 20% concrete egg.
Aromatically the wine is flinty, with notes of grapefruit and as well as tropical fruits. On the palate, the wine has ripe yellow fruits, a touch of pie crust and a firm backbone of sleek acidity.
- Item #: i_220510Bottle Size: 750mlThis smooth, rich Chardonnay is the wine for you if your palate tends toward the “buttery” and “oaky” side.
It would be hard to hear the name Ferrari- Carano and not think of world-class wine. From a small, 30-acre plot of grapes purchased in 1979, to today’s 1,500 acres in six different appelations, Ferrari-Carano owns some of the finest properties in all of California. Their wines are recognized by the critics and are listed on the menus of some of the finest restaurants in the world. While tasting through the current lineup at a recent luncheon, it was their Reserve Chardonnay that truly garnered the limelight.
Coming from their property in Carneros, the long, cool growing season matures the fruit slowly, giving it plenty of time to gain in richness and depth while retaining a higher acidity and tighter structure than fruit in warmer climate. Combine this with the wine’s aging in a high percentage in new oak, and you get a Chardonnay that is both fresh, lively, yet rich and decadent. This wine entices with aromas of quince, apple, cinnamon, caramel, citrus, butter, vanilla, and graham cracker complemented by elegant, upfront flavors of pear, peach, and a lingering, toasted oak finish.
- Item #: i_223250Bottle Size: 750MLLocated in the heart of Napa-Carneros, touching the shores of San Pablo Bay, the Lewis Vineyard is named after Rich Frank's eldest grandson, Lewis and was purchased in 2000. Gently rolling hills span 86 acres, 58 of which are planted to Chardonnay, the Lewis Vineyard consists primarily of shallow and dense clay loam soils, receiving only 20 inches of rainfall annually. The restricting soils in combination with the maritime influence from proximity to the bay, result in extremely low yields, producing grapes with strong character and balanced acidity. The practice of cool climate viticulture and the planting of small-clustered Dijon clones, such as clone 95, contribute to an intensity that is found in the Chardonnays of Frank Family's Lewis Vineyard.
- Item #: i_231150Bottle Size: 750MLNestled in the rolling hillsides of the Carneros growing region, Lee Hudson has some of the most amazing vineyards we have ever seen! His list of clients who purchase Hudson Vineyard fruit include Arnot Roberts, Bedrock, Cakebread, Duckhorn, Kistler, Kongsgaard, Lewis, Neyers, Nickel & Nickel, Orin Swift, Patz & Hall, and Ramey. The individual blocks within the vineyards are sites of intense varietal distinctiveness.
The wine fermented slowly in French oak barrels with the wild yeasts finishing fermentation early in the new year and malolactic following soon after. Somehow, Hudson Chardonnay has the ability to be rich and decadent, yet retains fresh acidity, vibrancy, and minerals.
- Item #: i_241610Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 92JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay is a solid effort and will be loved by readers who like the richer, full-bodied style of Chardonnay. Buttered stone fruits, pineapple, white flowers, toasted bread, and brioche notes all flow to a beautifully balanced, medium to full-bodied Chardonnay that has good acidity and a clean finish. Drink it over the coming 2-4 years."
- Item #: i_270070Bottle Size: 750MLAromas of pineapple, quince, and jasmine; with hints of nutmeg, fig, and toasted oak. The mouth is clean and bright; filled with fresh flavors of green apple, pear, and Meyer lemon. Firm acidity provides a crisp finish of citrus, mineral, and spice.