- Item #: i_277843Bottle Size: 750MLAdelaida's distinct family owned vineyards lie in the craggy hillside terrain of Paso Robles' Adelaida District, 14 miles from the Pacific coast. Ranging from 1400 – 2000 feet in elevation these low yielding vines are chal-lenged by chalky limestone soils and afternoon blasts of cool marine air, and a diurnal temperature swing of 40-50 degrees.
Long a benchmark for "Paso Cabs", Viking Vineyard's mountain fruit has the racy vibrancy of blue and red berries and the savory, structured tannins of its characteristic small berries. The wine walks the fashion runway of flavors, from red currants to black raspberries, from cedar-wood to graphite minerality, finishing energetically with notes of mocha and vanilla spice.
- Item #: i_200510Bottle Size: 750mlII is the culmination of the two worlds, the Alpha and the Omega, the Old World and the New World. Winemakers, Jean Hoefliger and Michel Rolland worked to create a wine that is not only opulent, fruit forward and generous, but also has the backbone of European acidity and elegance. A reflection of both worlds, II is a wine that is built to be approachable, both in taste and price, and consumed early.
A blend of 71% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc, 4% Petit Verdot, and 2% Malbec, this wine has an explosion of fresh cherries on the nose, along with violets, hints of marzipan, cherry pits, Campari, vanilla beans, almond milk chocolate, and cloves. The palate is fresh upn entry, opening to structuring granular tannins, notes of chocolate sauce, cookie dough, fresh cherry, root beer, wild blueberry, candied red cherry, and pencil shaving.
- Item #: i_200340Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Located in an ancient volcanic zone in the Sonoma County, Knights Valley (pictured above) offers incredibly unique and diverse soils with a climate perfectly suited to Bordeaux varietals, as demonstrated by the delicious wines made by Peter Michael, Keplinger and Beringer. Anakota is one of Knights Valley's stars that produces wines that personify the rustic elegance and spirit of this volcanic area. With Mount St. Helena looking down upon the vineyard, prevailing westerly winds pass over a large, cold pond and blow uphill, parallel to the rows of vines. These cooling breezes slow down the ripening of the grapes and result in wines that are packed with elegance, complexity and finesse. The wines are crafted by Pierre Seillan, whose deft hand has also created 100 point wines at Verite!
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Fruit for this was harvested on September 8th, and the wine was bottled six months ago. Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Helena Montana Vineyard gives up exuberant notions of warm blueberries, creme de cassis, lilacs and chocolate box with hints of fertile loam, licorice and menthol. Medium-bodied, elegant, very fresh and juicy, the palate has beautifully ripe, fine-grained tannins supporting the generous fruit, finishing long and perfumed. 1,200 cases produced."
- Item #: i_211330Bottle Size: 750mlEach year, Ancient Peaks crafts the limited-edition Oyster Ridge cuvee to exemplify their finest winemaking efforts. The name Oyster Ridge is a tribute to the large white oyster fossils that are abundant in their estate Margarita Vineyard, fostering the type of calcium-rich soils coveted by winemakers worldwide. The 2017 vintage is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (80%), Petit Verdot (10%), Malbec (5%), Cabernet Franc (4%) and Merlot (1%), all from meticulously farmed vineyard blocks cultivated for the Oyster Ridge program.
The 2017 Oyster Ridge exemplifies Paso Robles' growing renown as an elite region for Cabernet Sauvignon. The aroma profile presents a captivating intermingling of red fruits, blueberry and black currant with accents of mint, forest floor and toasted oak. An extravagantly deep palate cascades with luxurious layers of blackberry, boysenberry, black olive, chocolate, tobacco and cedar, all underpinned by hints of eucalyptus and baking spice. A plush, seamless texture exhibits a sleek sense of minerality, while firm, chewy tannins add a powerful touch to a seemingly endless finish.
- Item #: i_201290Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91A blend of 6% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Merlot, 11% Cabernet Franc, and 3% Petit Verdot, the aromas coming from the glass after pouring the 2017 Quartet are delicate yet exuberant. Floral notes and red fruit aromatics are fresh and focused. Notes of red cherry, rose petal, black tea and bay laurel are among the first scents noted. The color of the wine is dark black-purple with a red note around the rim. This opaque dark hue belies the bright energy and focus of the wine. On the palate, the wine has a remarkable intensity, though it is balanced and well proportioned. Red raspberry, baked cherry, vanilla bean and crushed stones are some of the impressions as the wine hits the palate. The flavors build into an intense, long finish with polished tannins and lingering red fruit flavors.
ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Red Blend Quartet is a delicious, easygoing red from Arietta. Expressive floral and savory notes add character and meld into a core of ripe red plum fruit. Cedar, sweet pipe tobacco, mint, crushed flowers and sweet spice all come together in a pliant, aromatic wine that is impeccable in its balance. This is a very pretty and expressive entry-level wine from Arietta that overdelivers."
- Item #: i_201560Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96Arrow and Branch proprietors (and Laguna Beach locals) Steve and Seanne Contursi share a great love for the wines of Bordeaux, particularly those produced with a large quantity of Cabernet Franc, such as Chateau Cheval Blanc. The couple sought out their Coombsville vineyard property with an eye to producing top-quality Cabernet Franc-based wines from Napa Valley. They bought the Arrow and Branch Vineyard in November 2007, as this vineyard was the source of Tony Soter's renowned and highly rated Little Creek Cabernet Franc. The Contursi's have maintained the organic farming and, through their work with the detail-oriented Viticulturalist Mike Wolf, are continually improving this wonderful vineyard site.
The Contursi's also work with a select few vineyards, whose owners share the same dedication to meticulous farming. Located in Oakville, Vine Hill Ranch vineyard is tucked along the wooded hills of the Mayacama Mountain Range. This premier site has been in a family for several generations and is farmed with precision by Vineyard Manager Mike Wolf. Napa Valley growers—Hopper, Whitton, Hahn, Taddei—have farmed Vine Hill Ranch since 1884, documenting their annual plantings of grapevines, plums, pears and other crops. Following the footsteps of those pioneering families, Bruce Kelham purchased the land in 1959. He was a dedicated preservationist who moved to Napa to cultivate wine grapes after playing a role in establishing the Point Reyes National Seashore. Kelham's descendants, the Phillips family, began cultivating fine wine grapes here in 1959 and, with the founding of Phillips Family Farming. The vineyard is on a sloping grade, and with its deep, loamy soils and mature vines, yield expressive dark and rich fruit flavors with beautiful energy for this single vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, with the first vintage from 2017.
JEB DUNNUCK 96+ POINTS - "Coming all from the Clone 4 of Cabernet Sauvignon and a great site in Oakville, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Vine Hill Ranch Vineyard sports an inky purple color as well as a deep, powerful, mineral-laced bouquet that include lots of currants, leafy herbs, crushed rocks, and lead pencil shaving. It needs 4-5 years of bottle age, but it's a magical 2017 that's well worth seeking out."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Vine Hill Ranch is made of 100% Clone 4 Cabernet Sauvignon aged 20 months in 100% new French oak. Deep garnet-purple colored, it is a little closed to begin, opening out to notions of baked cherries, cassis and mulberries with touches of unsmoked cigars, tar, chargrill and sauteed herbs plus a waft of tapenade. Full-bodied and laden with loads of preserved cherries and savory layers, it has a sturdy frame of chunky tannins and a lively lift to the finish."
- Item #: i_208450Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 95WINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - "Sinewy, earthy and full of spice, this well-made wine is lush and sumptuous, with firm, focused tannins and integrated oak. Black cherry, cinnamon and nutmeg meld on the structured, fullbodied palate, with a graceful hint of dark chocolate on the finish. This will do well in the cellar; enjoy 2025–2030."
Many years of farming and crafting Cabernet Sauvignon in the Napa Valley across appellations as diverse as Oakville, Howell Mountain, Stags Leap District and St. Helena, has helped the Nickel Family to intimately know the very best sites — each with its defining characteristics — from which to create Bella Union Cabernet.
Upon first sip, Bella Union offers exuberant plum and black cherry aromas, signature notes of the Bella Union Vineyard. The wine is luscious with supple tannins that provide a framework for longevity. The finish lingers with persistent fruit flavors and notes of toasty oak, black pepper and espresso bean.
- Item #: i_208030Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 96JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "Coming from estate fruit on Howell Mountain and made from 88% Cabernet Sauvignon and 4% each of Malbec, Petit Verdot, and Merlot, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate offers a darker, more mineral-driven style compared to the Napa release. It has beautiful blackcurrant, cassis, forest floor, graphite, and tobacco leaf-like aromas and flavors. Deep, full-bodied, beautifully polished and elegant, it's another remarkable effort from this team. As Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon goes, it's a brilliant value!"
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Cade Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, blended with 4% Malbec, 4% Petit Verdot and 4% Merlot, is deep garnet-purple colored and a little closed, slowly giving up warm cassis, blackberry tart and mulberries with touches of spice box, pencil shavings and Marmite toast. The full-bodied palate is firm, grainy and muscular with an earthy expression and just enough freshness, finishing on a lingering mineral note."
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate is a dense, chewy Howell Mountain wine. A blast of black cherry, plum, licorice, smoke, leather, bittersweet chocolate, spice and tobacco hit the palate. The 2017 is bold and immediate in feel, but it also has plenty of structure. I would give it a few years to soften but this is a potent, brooding wine with a bright future."
- Item #: i_208170Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 98JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "Based on 94% Cabernet Sauvignon and the rest Malbec and Petit Verdot, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve is a stunning 2017 that plays with the crème de la crème of the vintage. Stunning cassis and blueberry fruit notes are interwoven with notions of white chocolate, unsmoked tobacco, forest floor, and lead pencil shavings. These all carry to the palate, where this beauty is full-bodied, deep, and concentrated, with the straight, focused style of the vineyard paired with beautiful depth and sweetness of fruit. This classic, sexy tour de force in 2017 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon has everything in the right places, no hard edges, and a great finish. Drink it any time over the coming 30 years or more."
- Item #: i_207440Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95+ POINTS - "One of the flagship releases, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Benchland Select is all Cabernet Sauvignon that spent 22 months in 60% new French oak. Deep purple-hued with a classic Cabernet nose of blackcurrants, cassis, graphite, cedary spice, and chocolate, this puppy hits the palate with full-bodied richness, an elegant, seamless texture, a chalky minerality, and a great finish. It's a smoking good Cabernet Sauvignon that will improve with 2-5 years of bottle age and cruise for two decades or more. This 2017 matches what this estate achieved in 2016 and 2015."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Bottled only three weeks ago, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Benchland Select is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, with 44% of the fruit coming from Vine Hill Ranch, 52% from Hill Ranch and 4% from Cakebread Oakville Ranch. It was aged 22 months in 60% new French oak. Very deep purple-black colored, it slowly emerges from the glass to reveal notions of baked black cherries, stewed black plums and warm cassis with touches of aged meat, dark chocolate, bay leaves and pencil shavings. Medium to full-bodied, the palate packs in the black fruits, supported by bags of freshness and a firm, grainy texture, finishing long and with tons of energy."
- Item #: i_206890Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 97Jeb Dunnuck: 96ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "A resounding success for the year, the 2017 Cardinale is truly impressive. It is also one of the most refined young wines I have tasted here. In most vintages, Cardinale is predominantly made from mountain sites, but the 2017 is roughly equal parts mountain and valley floor fruit. Inky blue/purplish fruit, white flowers, lavender and mint all build in the glass. Lifted and beautifully perfumed, the 2017 is exceptionally polished."
JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "A blend of 96% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Merlot from throughout the valley that was brought up in 80% new French oak, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is dominated by its Stags Leap fruit (which is 30% of the blend) and has the classic elegance and spicy character of that district as well as great red and blue fruits, a seamless, building mid-palate, ripe yet present tannins, and ample tobacco, earth, and spice aromas and flavors. It's plush and textured on the palate yet has the structure to evolve for two decades."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "There was no Wallis vineyard fruit used this vintage. Very deep purple-black colored, the 2017 Cardinale charges out of the glass with notes of fresh blackcurrants, blackberries and Black Forest cake plus hints of menthol, cardamom, baking spices and lilacs plus a waft of cigar box. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is built like a brick house with firm, grainy, ripe tannins and fantastic freshness supporting the taut, muscular black fruits, finishing long and mineral laced. 1,440 cases produced."
- Item #: i_210440Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 93JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "Lastly, the 2017 Cabernet Franc comes from Napa Valley (I'm not exactly sure where the fruit is from) and is all varietal. It's a more opulent wine than the Cabernet and has considerable fruit, richness, and depth on the palate, loads of dark, chocolaty fruit, and terrific notes of spring flowers, gravelly earth, forest floor, and hints of espresso. Beautifully done and balanced, with sweet tannins, it's a beautiful wine."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2017 Cabernet Franc displays pronounced red and black cherries, mulberries and warm raspberries scents with underlying blueberries, pencil shavings and dried Provence herbs plus a waft of lavender. Medium to full-bodied, the palate offers mouth-filling red and blue fruits with a firm, grainy frame and bold freshness, finishing long and perfumed."
- Item #: i_210400Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 95This limited-production and highly sought-after Cabernet Sauvignon represents the pinnacle of Chappellet winemaking, and embodies the elegant power and complexity of Pritchard Hill winegrowing. Like the great Bordeaux wines that first inspired Donn Chappellet, this wine is crafted by blending Cabernet Sauvignon with other classic Bordeaux varieties. The wine was aged for 20 months in 100 percent new French oak. Grown on the estate's rocky, mountainside vineyards, Chappellet's Cabernets have consistently displayed an ability to age for several decades.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill comes bounding out of the glass with exuberant black cherries, warm cassis, chocolate pie and blackberry preserves notes plus nuances of wild sage, forest floor and tobacco. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is elegantly played and refreshing with velvety tannins and a long mineral-tinged finish."
JEB DUNNUCK 95+ POINTS - "The flagship is the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill, and this cuvee just about always represents the pinnacle of mountain Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley. The 2017 is 100% estate Cabernet Sauvignon and reveals a deep purple color as well a stunning bouquet of blue fruits, burning embers, dark chocolate, sage brush, and crushed rocks. It's powerful, full-bodied, and concentrated, and the tannins clamp down on the finish enough to warrant hiding this beauty in the cellar for a solid 5-7 years. If drinking today, give it an hour or two in a decanter. It's another stunning wine from this estate."
ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Pritchard Hill is a positively stellar wine in this challenging year. Creme de cassis, licorice, lavender, chocolate, spice and espresso all run through the 2017. This is an especially inky, flamboyant style for Chappellet, but all the elements come together very nicely."
- Item #: i_236040Bottle Size: 750mlSourced principally from Charles Krug's five family estates in Yountville, their Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon displays black fruit aromas with hints of brown sugar and toffee. This medium bodied wine showcases a rich melange of cherry, blackberry and black currant flavors set against a beautifully integrated backdrop of lightly toasted oak, all leading to a smooth lingering finish.
- Item #: i_210850Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine has a deep purple hue and a brightness in its fruit character, which is seductive. Lush aromas of cherry cola, cassis and a slight hint permeate the aromatics. This wine is elegant and round as one should expect from Stags Leap District fruit. It also has a brightness in acidity, which gives the finish of this wine both liveliness and length.
- Item #: i_214700Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98Jeb Dunnuck: 99JEB DUNNUCK 99 POINTS - "The flagship is the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Poetry, which is based on 88% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Cabernet Franc, 4% Petit Verdot, and the balance Merlot. Straight-up awesome notes of black raspberries, blueberries, smoked tobacco, violets, spice box, and gravelly earth as well as a bloody, meaty character all emerge from this magical wine. With full-bodied richness, ultra-fine tannins, flawless balance, and a great, great finish, it doesn't have the sheer opulence of the 2016 or 2015 yet shows a more classical, elegant, style that still packs ample richness and depth. It needs 4-5 years of bottle age and will keep for 20 years or more. It's a candidate for the wine of the vintage and is an incredible achievement for this team. Bravo."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Poetry gives up creme de cassis, baked plums, blueberry compote, chocolate box, earth and aniseed scents on the nose with wafts of cedar chest and pencil lead. Full-bodied, firm and grainy, it is concentrated, very classy and multilayered with great energy and a long finish."
- Item #: i_214710Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon (Stags Leap District) shows off the more extroverted side of the year to great effect. Inky dark fruit, chocolate, leather, lavender, spice, menthol and cloves are all amped up. The 2017 is a rich, explosive wine built on flamboyance and volume. This large-scaled, potent Cabernet Sauvignon has a ton to offer. Best of all, with a case production of over 5,500, it will be relatively easy to find, and is just as nearly as exceptional as the flagship bottlings in this range. In a word: superb."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "A year in, year out value, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is a winner in 2017, giving up loads of sweet fruit and medium to full-bodied richness as well as textbook notes of sweet cassis, cedary spice, dried flowers, and earth. It's complex, beautifully balanced, and a terrific wine. This is a sure bet in the vintage that will keep for a solid 15-20 years."
- Item #: i_212030Bottle Size: 750MLOnce in the glass, the Clos Pegase Estate Cabernet Sauvignon reflects an opaque dark purple core. As the aromatics waft towards the nose, they deliver generous layers of cassis, antique wood, cigar box and black currant. On the palate, brooding dark fruits give way to briar, black currant and forest floor. More subtle notes of graphite, wet clay and seasoned leather, transition across the palate. The tannins are nicely balanced by the lush fruits which are in-turn kept fresh by the crisp acidity. This Cabernet Sauvignon continues to evolve on the palate showing depth and complexity with a lengthy finish.
- Item #: i_215450Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is composed of 88% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot and 5% Petit Verdot coming from Calistoga. Deep garnet-purple colored, it comes bounding out of the glass with exuberant scents of baked plums, creme de cassis and wild blueberries plus hints of unsmoked cigars, dusty soil, garrigue and Chinese five spice. Medium to full-bodied, the palate bursts with a core of juicy black fruit and spicy accents, framed by ripe, grainy tannins and lovely freshness, finishing long and layered. 600 cases were made."
- Item #: i_213940Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 91Paul Hobbs is a juggernaut in the wine world. It doesn't seem to matter where he makes wine, or with what grape; anything he makes is simply fantastic! Paul's Crossbarn lineup of wines is the second label to his eponymous Paul Hobbs wines from Napa and Sonoma, yet it comes close to its "bigger brother"! Produced using hand-harvested fruit from carefully selected vineyards in prime areas in the Napa Valley, CrossBarn Cabernet Sauvignon offers structure and weight in balance with pure concentrated fruit.
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Crossbarn comes from the superstar winemaker Paul Hobbs and is a solid value in 2017 Napa Valley Cabernet. Upfront violets, plums, exotic spices, and orange blossom notes all emerge from this expressive, medium to full-bodied, plush effort that has lots of charm. It has the vintage's slightly firm tannins yet should keep nicely for 7-8 years, if not longer."
- Item #: i_214190Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "What could be thought of as the entry-level wine from this benchmark estate, the 2017 Collina is a blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Petit Verdot. There's not much made (600 cases) but it's a beautiful wine that certainly has the classic vibe of the estate as well as medium to full body, a rounded, textured mouthfeel, solid mid-palate density, and beautiful cassis, currants, Asian spice, and flowery incense aromatics. Given the prices of Napa Valley Bordeaux blends these days, it's a stunning value."
- Item #: i_214880Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 95-96Jeb Dunnuck: 97The greatness of DAOU Mountain was foretold many decades ago when renowned winemaking authority Andre Tchelistcheff hailed it as "A JEWEL OF ECOLOGICAL ELEMENTS."
The calcareous clay soil here is comparable to Bordeaux's Right Bank, while the buffered Pacific microclimate is similar to Saint Helena-- a perfect confluence of elements. DAOU Mountain is blessed with extraordinary phenolic output, yielding some of the darkest, most deeply textured wines in the world. These wines are never acidified, as the ideal level of acidity comes naturally.
"Our wines are natural and pure: handpicked, hand-made and always free of artificial additives." All fruit from DAOU Mountain is handpicked, then sorted both by human eye and cutting-edge optical technology to ensure absolute fruit purity. Using only 100 percent free run juice, Winemaker Daniel Daou initiates fermentation with native yeasts cultivated from the estate. Each fermentation is customized by measuring phenolic composition and using sensory analysis, enabling Daniel to orchestrate natural balance and texture.
"We are committed to multifaceted sustainable practices that have earned our vineyard SIP (Sustainability in Practice) certification. The flavors and aromas you experience in DAOU wines originate from the earth and are poured into each bottle with an acute mindfulness for human and environmental well-being. ”
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS - "The 2017 Soul Of A Lion is a blend of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 12% Cabernet Franc and 8% Petit Verdot aged 22 months in 100% new French oak. It has a deep ruby-purple color and wonderfully unique expression, with scents of forest floor, underbrush, English breakfast tea, espresso, blackcurrant bud, dark chocolate and exotic flowers mingling over a core of perfectly ripe wild blackberries and Morello cherries, all complemented by a classy framing of new oak spices. The medium to full-bodied palate is slow to unfurl, with a frame like liquid silk and a very long finish that gives up layer after layer of nuanced flavors. Wow!"
JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "The 2017 Soul Of A Lion offers a forward, bona fide fruit bomb style yet has plenty of class. A sweet nose of cassis, Asian spice, cedar box, and chocolate gives way to a full-bodied, hedonistic 2017 that stays balanced and layered. This cuvee always delivers and the 2017 is just an incredible drink."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 95-96 POINTS - "Inky ruby. Primary dark berry, cherry pit and pipe tobacco aromas are complemented by hints of vanillin oak, mocha and baking spices. Broad and fleshy in the mouth, offering sweet black cherry and cassis flavors and suggestions of dark chocolate, espresso and vanilla. Becomes smokier with air and finishes with superb clarity and strong, spicy persistence. (raised in new French oak barrels for 22 months)"