- Item #: i_200560Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon is a classic Alexander Valley wine with medium body, great fruit flavors and smooth, structured tannins. Winemaker Kevin Hall added 6% Merlot for structure, a touch of Cabernet Franc for floral notes and Malbec and Petit Verdot for color. This is an elegant wine with aromas of black cherry, cassis, plum, vanilla, oak and chocolate. In the glass there are lush flavors of cherry, cassis, blackberry and chocolate. The 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon evolves with each sip. This is a graceful wine with great balance and a long, lingering finish. While fruit forward upon release, this wine will reward those with the patience to lay down a few bottles.
- Item #: i_223810Bottle Size: 750mlFrei Brothers was established back in the 1890s by Andrew Frei who, along with many Sonoma and Napa Pioneers, found favorable conditions to grow and produce world class quality wines. Andrew's sons Walter and Louis successfully operated the winery for more than 70 years before selling the property to the Gallo Family. The Gallos spent the last 30+ years evolving the vineyards and winery into what it is today. Frei Brothers Reserve is a Certified Sustainable Winegrowing Vineyard who take pride in their responsible stewardship of the land.
- Item #: i_232800Bottle Size: 750mlWinery's Tasting Notes: "Aromas of black cherries wrapped in a spice box of nutmeg, clove and allspice jump from the glass. The palate is filled with flavors of black currants and plum that lead seamlessly to silky tannins and black cherry notes. Blackberry, Mission fig and black cherry notes linger on the finish. The combination of elegance and intensity make it a fitting vintage to celebrate 40 years of Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon. Enjoy now after decanting for 30 minutes or cellar through 2035."
- Item #: i_236790Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Bottled has been blended with 5% Merlot, 2% Malbec, 2% Cabernet Franc and 1% Petit Verdot. It has a medium to deep ruby color and nose of cassis, blackcurrant bud, baker's chocolate, cedar, Morello cherries and pencil lead. Medium to full-bodied, it has a good core of minerally fruit with firm, chewy tannins, good freshness and a long, earthy finish."
- Item #: i_242080Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "A blend of 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Cabernet Franc, 13% Merlot and 7% Petit Verdot, the very deep purple-black colored 2016 Les Pavots Proprietary Red Wine sings of crushed blackcurrants, blueberry preserves and blackberry pie with hints of camphor, black soil, truffles, crushed rocks and red roses plus a touch of garrigue. Full, rich and with wonderful finesse in the mouth, it has very finely grained tannins and plenty of vivacity, finishing long and earthy. 3,700 cases produced, to be released in the spring of 2019."
- Item #: i_276860Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleRoth Estate Cabernet Sauvignon is made from select vineyard sites within the southernmost hillsides of the Alexander Valley. This wine is a true reflection of our passion for the noble Cabernet grape. This 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon has medium to dark ruby hues with striking aromas of blackberry and cassis. Densely flavored, rich and succulent, it showcases plush flavors of plum, black olive and chocolate on the palate. The supple tannins in this full-bodied Cabernet are beautifully accented by a balanced acidity. Flavors of cocoa and spice linger on the finish, further adding to its boldness and complexity.
- Item #: i_276841Bottle Size: 750mlRoth Estate Cabernet Sauvignon is made from select vineyard sites within the southernmost hillsides of the Alexander Valley. This wine is a true reflection of our passion for the noble Cabernet grape. This 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon has medium to dark ruby hues with striking aromas of blackberry and cassis. Densely flavored, rich and succulent, it showcases plush flavors of plum, black olive and chocolate on the palate. The supple tannins in this full-bodied Cabernet are beautifully accented by a balanced acidity. Flavors of cocoa and spice linger on the finish, further adding to its boldness and complexity.
- Item #: i_216013Bottle Size: 750mlSilver Oak's 2016 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is comprised of 94.6% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4.0% Merlot, 0.5% Petit Verdot, 0.5% Cabernet Franc and 0.4% Malbec. In early 2017, the final blend was transferred to American oak barrels from their cooperage, The Oak, where it aged for 24 months. Half the barrels were new, providing a subtle, layered expression of bay leaf, coconut and vanilla to the wine. Blending before barrel aging—a signature of their winemaking style—allows blends to be based on the inherent qualities of their vineyard components before oak influence. Vintage to vintage, the resulting Cabernets emerge integrated and ready to drink upon release.
This 2016 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is ruby in color with a magenta rim. It has an enticing nose of cassis, blackberry, vanilla, sage and spearmint. Upon entry, this wine builds from potpourri and bramble to a bright pop of raspberry on the mid-palate. A juicy finish with chewy tannins and a medium length, it will provide drinking pleasure through 2042 with proper cellaring.
- Item #: i_261340Bottle Size: 750mlSimi 2018 Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is deep red in color with a vibrant ruby edge. Earthy cassis and high-tone red fruit frame and add depth to notes of dark cherry and blackberry, lending generosity, layers, and aromatic complexity. Black fruit dominates the entry. Blackberry and dark plum is followed by black licorice and cocoa with a fleshy mid-palate. Succulent acidity and sturdy tannins lead the finish.
- Item #: i_266520Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "Lisa Valtenbergs turned out a superb set of wines at Stonestreet. The Chardonnays are outstanding, but this year, I was especially impressed with the Cabernets, which seem less pushed than in the past. Perhaps that is a reflection of the very high quality of the 2016 vintage, or maybe there is a slight move towards a more nuanced style. Time will tell. Either way, the 2016 Cabernets are fabulous, and also some of the very finest wines I have tasted here."
"The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate is a gorgeous entry-level wine in this range from Stonestreet. A whole range of floral and savory notes give the Estate aromatic nuance to play off a core of vibrant red fruit. Medium in body and impeccably polished, the 2016 is flat-out delicious, even in the early going. "
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "Moving to the reds, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate (100% Cabernet Sauvignon aged 19 months in 37% new French oak) offers impressive notes of tobacco leaf, damp earth, cedar, and blackcurrants. It's look-alike for a top Bordeaux, has nicely integrated acidity, plenty of tannins, and is going to keep for over a decade."
- Item #: i_267510Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Opaque ruby-purple, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate offers cassis, crushed blackberries, bitter chocolate and tobacco leaf with nuances of green bell pepper, red cherries and well-woven sweet spice. The full-bodied palate offers great fruit intensity and a firm but ripe frame, with good freshness matched by an herbal lift on the finish. 1,600 cases produced."
- Item #: i_268560Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley was aged in 80% new French oak this vintage and is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon. The wine has a unique character, with pretty aromas of tapenade, cinnamon, bay leaves and exotic spices with a cassis-like core plus accenting notes of blue fruit. The full-bodied palate is lush and ripe, made more interesting by its spicy streak and still maintaining freshness. It has a firm but very fine graininess and continues to blossom on the long finish. Give it another 3-5 years in bottle."