- Item #: i_215450Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is composed of 88% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot and 5% Petit Verdot coming from Calistoga. Deep garnet-purple colored, it comes bounding out of the glass with exuberant scents of baked plums, creme de cassis and wild blueberries plus hints of unsmoked cigars, dusty soil, garrigue and Chinese five spice. Medium to full-bodied, the palate bursts with a core of juicy black fruit and spicy accents, framed by ripe, grainy tannins and lovely freshness, finishing long and layered. 600 cases were made."
- Item #: i_215550Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Extracted and supple, offering ripe currant, loamy earth, green olive, savory herb and cedary oak flavors that fall comfortably into place. Ends with a long, graceful finish. Best from 2018 through 2030."
ROBERT PARKER 91 POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, which has 8% Petit Verdot added, has a dense ruby/purple color, beautiful blackcurrant fruit, plum, spice box and earth. It is medium to full-bodied, with supple tannins and seems classic and very much 2014 in style with its front-end-loaded fruit, lushness and irresistibility. This charming and complex wine should drink nicely for the next 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_213940Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 91Paul Hobbs is a juggernaut in the wine world. It doesn't seem to matter where he makes wine, or with what grape; anything he makes is simply fantastic! Paul's Crossbarn lineup of wines is the second label to his eponymous Paul Hobbs wines from Napa and Sonoma, yet it comes close to its "bigger brother"! Produced using hand-harvested fruit from carefully selected vineyards in prime areas in the Napa Valley, CrossBarn Cabernet Sauvignon offers structure and weight in balance with pure concentrated fruit.
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Crossbarn comes from the superstar winemaker Paul Hobbs and is a solid value in 2017 Napa Valley Cabernet. Upfront violets, plums, exotic spices, and orange blossom notes all emerge from this expressive, medium to full-bodied, plush effort that has lots of charm. It has the vintage's slightly firm tannins yet should keep nicely for 7-8 years, if not longer."
- Item #: i_211030Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of fruit from Oakville and Atlas Peak. These two sub-regions of the Napa Valley typically sell anywhere upwards of $60 per bottle, but this one costs less than $40!!
- Item #: i_214180Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is super-refined, polished and articulate, with mid-weight structure and fine overall balance. Readers should expect a somewhat laid-back wine by Dalla Valle's standards. In 2014, the Cabernet Sauvignon is especially aromatic and nuanced. It should drink well with minimal cellaring."
- Item #: i_214170Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+ANTONIO GALLONI 95+ POINTS - "The 2014 Maya is powerful, compact and closed in on itself. That's not much of a surprise given the wine was just bottled a few months ago. Dark, powerful and intense, the 2014 offers plenty of energy, but is also holding back much of its potential at this stage. The blend is 75% Cabernet Sauvignon and 25% Cabernet Franc, which is to say more Cabernet than has been the norm in recent years. There is plenty of intensity to the pomegranate, plum, red cherry and blood orange flavors, but the wine needs time to come into its own."
ROBERT PARKER 95+ POINTS - "...the 2014 Maya Proprietary Red may not be as perfect as the 2013 was, but it is a fabulous effort. Finishing at 14.6% alcohol, this wine (generally a blend of about 60% Cabernet Franc and the rest Cabernet Sauvignon) has incredibly gorgeous aromatics of black and blue fruits, forest floor, violets, and an almost Graves-like, scorched earth, gravelly nuance. The wine hits the palate with a full-bodied richness and terrific harmony among its structural elements such as alcohol, acidity, tannin and wood, with moderately sweet tannins in the finish. It is a good 30- to 35-year wine, as most Mayas have tended to be, and is impressive and surprisingly structured for a 2014. Forget it for 3-4 years and drink it over the following 35-40 years."
- Item #: i_214160Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96ANTONIO GALLONI 94+ POINTS - "Naoko Dalla Valle's 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is an exotically ripe, flamboyant wine that captures the best the vintage has to offer. A rush of black cherry and plum fruit makes a bold opening statement. The 2015 was just bottled and is naturally quite primary at this stage. Readers should plan on cellaring it for at least a few years, which will allow the aromatics to open up. The Dalla Valle Cabernet Sauvignon usually starts drinking well at around age ten. I expect that will be the case here as well."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS - "Inky purple colored, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate leaps from the glass with youthful, exuberant red and black currants notes over scents of garrigue, cedar, violets, rose hip, iron ore, dusty earth and underbrush. Medium to full-bodied, finely constructed and with bags of finesse, it sports a solid line of very fine-grained tannins and impressive earth-inspired layers, finishing with great persistence. This was tasted as a barrel sample."
- Item #: i_214230Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96-98Vinous Media: 97+Jeb Dunnuck: 100Located in the foothills of the Vaca Mountains in Eastern Oakville, Dalla Valle’s “Maya” bottling is one of the sexiest cult wines you can get! Proprietor Naoko Dalla Valle cuts no corners as she seeks to produce the best possible wine from her property. As dictated by naturally low-yielding soils composed primarily of fractured volcanic rock, Dalla Valle keeps fruit production tightly controlled. At the helm of winemaking is Andy Erickson (who has also made the wines at Screaming Eagle in the past), and he makes several passes through the vineyards each harvest so that only clusters of grapes at optimal ripeness and maturity are harvested. Dalla Valle’s Maya bottling showcases the site’s exceptional Cabernet Franc; it is grace and power all in one, and fewer than 500 cases are produced each year. This year, the wines has received the perfect 100 point score from Jeb Dunnuck.
JEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "As good as it gets, yet in a different style compared to the also perfect 2016, the 2015 Maya Proprietary Red Wine boasts a sensational, ethereal, heavenly style to go with tons of cassis and blackberry fruits intermixed with notions of dried earth, tobacco, chocolate, and a beautiful sense of minerality. This cuvée is normally a blend of 60-70% Cabernet Sauvignon and the rest Cabernet Franc, and it’s the Cabernet Franc that gives it another layer of complexity and elegance. The sexy, upfront nature of the 2015 vintage is front and center. This is a magical wine to drink over the coming 3+ decades."
ANTONIO GALLONI 97+ POINTS - "The 2015 Maya is surprisingly powerful and tightly wound. Time in the glass allows the tannins to relax just enough for the fruit to gradually emerge. Like all of the 2015s here, the Maya is still very primary in its expression of fruit. Even so, the wine's heady, flamboyant personality is very much on display. Dark cherry, plum, mocha, licorice, lavender and exotic spice overtones gradually develop in the glass, but it will be years before the 2015 enters its prime."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96-98 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Maya Proprietary Red Wine opens with sweet plums, spice box and kirsch notes with nuances of vanillin, cocoa powder, dried herbs and loam. Medium to full-bodied, soft, approachable and very sexy even at this youthful stage, it has a long, perfumed finish. This was tasted as a barrel sample."
- Item #: i_214190Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 95JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "What could be thought of as the entry-level wine from this benchmark estate, the 2017 Collina is a blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Petit Verdot. There's not much made (600 cases) but it's a beautiful wine that certainly has the classic vibe of the estate as well as medium to full body, a rounded, textured mouthfeel, solid mid-palate density, and beautiful cassis, currants, Asian spice, and flowery incense aromatics. Given the prices of Napa Valley Bordeaux blends these days, it's a stunning value."
ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Collina Dalla Valle is plump, juicy and absolutely delicious. Vibrant sweet red fruit and floral notes give the 2017 notable energy as well as verve. In 2017, the Collina is not quite as sensual or curvy as it can be, while the tannins show the nervous edge that so typical of the year. Time in bottle will help at least to some degree. Once again, Dalla Valle overdelivers with the Collina."
- Item #: i_214460Bottle Size: 750mlFermented in a combination of oak upright tanks, small barrel, concrete tanks, and open-top stainless steel fermenters, the 2015 Vaso is aromatically complex and captures the different terroirs and varieties of this Cabernet blend with fragrances of red currant, plums, sage, and loam with hints of tobacco box and spices. The entry has flavors of Bing cherries and dried herbs as the hillside tannins fills out the mid palate. The wine supple yet structured palate. Ripe strawberry, forest floor, and a light minerality linger on the finish. Lush and approachable now, this wine will continue to develop as the years pass.
- Item #: i_214430Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Hershey Vineyard is dense, powerful and very much closed in on itself, with less of the aromatic intensity and power it has shown in the past. There is good depth and density in the glass, but I suspect the wine is simply going through a subdued phase given how the 2014 has shown in the past and how magnificent the other 2014s are today."
- Item #: i_200380Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91The David Arthur Estate is located high on Pritchard Hill, on the eastern side of the Napa Valley. The rough mountain terrain and rocky red soils provide ideal growing conditions for wine grapes such as Cabernet Sauvignon. In 1978, Donald Long and his 28 year old son David began the epic job of building roads, clearing land and finally planting wine grapes. Although David lacked a formal viticultural education, he learned hands-on by working in the vineyards and cellars of local wineries such as the Chappellet and Joseph Phelps. The first vintage of Chardonnay was harvested in 1985, followed by Cabernet Sauvignon in the nineties. As his experience and knowledge of the land grew, David learned the ability of these hills to grow the very finest wine grapes. Today, with the help of a highly insightful team, David Arthur continues to cultivate rich concentrated wine grapes that in turn help them craft distinctive and memorable wines.
Meritaggio is the brainchild of the Long brothers. Wanting to fulfill his desire of producing a fine Meritage blend, David set out to find clones of the five classic Bordeaux varietals. On his travels, he came across Sangiovese, which stole the spotlight from any Malbec he had ever tasted. Bob had the brilliance to name the wine "Meritaggio" in honor of Sangiovese's Italian Heritage.
ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "Winemaker Nile Zacherle has done a fabulous job with the 2014s at David Arthur. The wines showed just as well, or better, than they did last year."
"The 2014 Meritaggio Estate is a very beautiful, classy wine. Bright, focused and nuanced, the 2014 offers striking aromatics and finely sculpted fruit, all in a refreshing, mid-weight style that will drink well early. Red stone fruit and sweet floral notes are pushed forward in this attractive mid-weight wine. The 2014 has a bit less Sangiovese than in the past."
- Item #: i_200452Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Winemaker Nile Zacherle crafts some of the most elegant, polished Cabernets readers will taste on Pritchard Hill. As good as the wines are, they would almost certainly be even better if the estate took a few more risks. Today, the wines are almost always outstanding, but there may be an even higher level of quality that can be achieved here."
ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Elevation 1147 has the darker, more spiced profile found in the Three Acre with the lift and freshness of the Old Vine. All the elements come together nicely in this super-expressive Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon. The 2015 is wonderfully dense and lush, and yet retains quite a bit of freshness."
- Item #: i_200420Bottle Size: 750mlThis is only the third release of Le Boucher; a tribute to David Long's father, Donald Long. A blend of 67% Cabernet Franc, 16% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, and 8% Petit Verdot aged in French oak, of which 84% was new. A deep ruby red color offers aromas of baked cherry, plum and pomegranate; followed by subtle earth tones of cherry wood, toasted oak and bay laurel as well as violet like floral notes. The palate is expansive yet finessed with fine grain tannins and mild acidity while long and persistent. Flavors of boysenberry, cherry and toffee carry a long finish. A deft and precise wine with evolving layers to be best from 2019 to 2029. Only 143 cases were produced!
- Item #: i_200470Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsThe David Arthur Estate is located high on Pritchard Hill, on the eastern side of the Napa Valley. The rough mountain terrain and rocky red soils provide ideal growing conditions for wine grapes such as Cabernet Sauvignon. In 1978, Donald Long and his 28 year old son David began the epic job of building roads, clearing land and finally planting wine grapes. Although David lacked a formal viticultural education, he learned hands-on by working in the vineyards and cellars of local wineries such as the Chappellet and Joseph Phelps. The first vintage of Chardonnay was harvested in 1985, followed by Cabernet Sauvignon in the nineties. A s his experience and knowledge of the land grew, David learned the ability of these hills to grow the very finest wine grapes. Today, with the help of a highly insightful team, David Arthur continues to cultivate rich concentrated wine grapes that in turn help them craft distinctive and memorable wines.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Three Acre (there's a small amount of Petit Verdot in the blend) is a beautiful, refined example of Pritchard Hill Cabernet. Deep ruby-colored, with a mountain hillside-like bouquet of wild scrub brush, crushed rocks, tobacco, dried herbs and both blue and black fruits, it glides over the palate with medium to full-bodied richness, ultra-fine tannins, beautifully integrated acidity, and solid length. It's very much in the style of the 1147 release, but slightly less concentrated and majestic. Elegant, silky, and seamless, yet still with ample power, it's a brilliant 2016 geared for those that love the old-school, classic style of Napa Valley. It will keep for 2+ decades."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Composed of 96% Cabernet Sauvignon and 4% Petit Verdot, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Three Acre has a deep garnet-purple color and is beautifully perfumed of candied violets, Ceylong tea, underbrush and cigar box scents with a core of blackcurrant cordial, redcurrant jelly and black raspberries. Medium to full-bodied, elegantly styled and very polished on the palate, it has an exquisitely fine-grained texture and long harmonious finish."
- Item #: i_278550Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon opens with vibrant notions of freshly crushed blackcurrants, black raspberries, warm blueberries and menthol with hints of cigar box and crushed rocks. Medium to full-bodied, it fills the mouth with crunchy black fruits and mineral accents, framed by firm, ripe, grainy tannins and bold freshness, finishing long."
- Item #: i_215342Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93Diamond Creek's second coolest micro-climate is their five-acre Gravelly Meadow vineyard. Originally a pre-historic river bed, this stony, gravelly soil drains rapidly and the vines struggle for moisture. Gravelly Meadow is their lowest yielding vineyard.
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Pretty sage and sassafras aromas lead off, followed by a core of gently mulled blackberry and bitter plum flavors. Edgy grip rides underneath on the finish, with black tea and singed alder accents trailing. Shows a smoldering intensity. Best from 2022 through 2038. 711 cases made."
- Item #: i_215343Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+Wine Spectator: 94Red Rock Terrace, a warm microclimate, is 7 acres of north facing vineyard. The red tinted soil is high in iron content. The wine from Red Rock Terrace is the most accessible and earliest drinkable of the Diamond Creek wines.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Red Rock Terrace is a blend of 79% Cabernet Sauvignon, 19% Merlot and 2% Cabernet Franc and was aged for 22 months in French oak, 100% new. Deep garnet-purple colored, the nose opens with profound notions of blueberry preserves, Black Forest cake and black olives with hints of camphor, pencil shavings and fragrant earth. Full-bodied, rich, ripe and concentrated, it has a solid structure of grainy tannins and a lively line of freshness, finishing long and perfumed."
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Dark and winey, this is packed with steeped blackberry and fig compote flavors, wrapped in licorice root, menthol, Turkish coffee and roasted juniper notes. The ample grip is well-embedded throughout, letting the fruit and earth components get to know each other. Built for cellaring. Best from 2022 through 2042. 598 cases made."
- Item #: i_215340Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94Volcanic Hill is comprised of 8 acres of south facing hillside vineyard. It is the warmest of all Diamond Creek's micro-climates. The color of the soil is gray, and the consistency is that of fluffy, volcanic ash, originally deposited from the eruption of Mt. Konocti 8 million years ago. Volcanic Hill is the longest lived of the Diamond Creek wines. Their winemaker describes these wines as "full bodied, loaded with intense ripe berry fruit, cassis, violets and a smoky richness, finishing with good length and firm tannins." The Volcanic Hill bottling includes a small amount of the extra-ordinary Petit Verdot grape.
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Bold, featuring dark plum, fig and blackberry compote flavors that jump to the fore, quickly harnessed by singed juniper, warm earth and licorice root notes. Shows good grip for a 2017. Best from 2022 through 2040. 464 cases made."
- Item #: i_216150Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100Jeb Dunnuck: 98Finally...the much-anticipated 2016 Dominus Estate is here! One of Napa Valley's most revered Cabernet-blends is back, and will sell out quickly just like every year prior! One of the most respected wine producers in the world, Christian Moueix is on a personal quest for perfection in grape growing and winemaking. It is a journey that began in Bordeaux and continues today at Dominus Estate, where he has instilled his philosophy and inspired his team to share his values. To walk the vineyard with Christian is to witness a commitment to the land, a strong sense of purpose, and the modest soul of a man of the vines.
It is not uncommon for the Dominus Estate Cabernet-Blend to reach a near perfect score, and it has even garnered that perfect 100 point score a few times (2010, 2013, and 2015). However, this release stands on its own. Critic Lisa Perrotti-Brown (who reviews the Napa wines for Robert Parker's Wine Advocate) has even stated, "If I could give more than 100 for this one, I would." Lisa has become one of the more respected critics in the wine world, so for her to make that statement truly says something about the wine!
In the late 1960s, while attending the University of California at Davis, Christian Moueix fell in love with the Napa Valley and its wine. Son of Jean-Pierre Moueix, the famed wine merchant and producer from Libourne, France, Moueix returned home in 1970 to manage the family vineyards, including Chateaux Petrus. His love of Napa Valley lingered, and, in 1981, he discovered the historic Napanook Vineyard, a 124-acre site west of Yountville that had been the source of fruit for some of the finest Napa Valley wines of the 1940s and 1950s. In 1982, Moueix entered into a partnership to develop the vineyard, and in 1985, became its sole owner. He chose the name "Dominus" or "Lord of the Estate" in Latin to underscore his longstanding commitment to stewardship of the land.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "A blend of 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Petit Verdot and 8% Cabernet Franc aged in 40% new oak, the 2016 Proprietary Red Wine is deep purple-black in color and quite reticent at this youthful stage to begin, offering up subtle notions of potpourri, Indian spices, cigar box and iron ore over a core of crushed blackberries and black cherries with intermittent wafts of black and red currants, new leather and smoked meats. The palate is medium to full-bodied with a densely packed mid-palate and oodles of freshness framed by very ripe, finely grained tannins and laced with compelling earthy accents. It offers incredible vibrancy with tons of black and red fruit sparkle in the mid-palate leading to a provocative mineral element on the very long finish. If I could give more than 100 for this one, I would. To be released in May 2019."
JEB DUNNUCK 98+ POINTS - "Another possible legend in the making is the 2016 Dominus, a classic blend of 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Petit Verdot and the rest Cabernet Franc brought up in 40% new French oak. Pure, pristine notes of charcoal, cold fireplace, smoke tobacco, and both blue and black fruits all flow to a full-bodied 2016 that has incredible elegance and finesse, yet also depth and density. It's more backward and reserved than the 2015 and needs 4-5 years of cellaring. It will unquestionably live for 25-30 years."
- Item #: i_216140Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 94JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Napanook checks in 89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Petit Verdot. It offers classy notes of cassis, black currants, toasted spices, and hints of flowers. With lots of chocolately richness, medium to full body, and beautifully ripe tannins, it's layered and has impressive depth of fruit, followed by a great finish. It's going to evolve for 15-20 years. It's an incredible value in classic, impeccably made Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon."
ANTONIO GALLONI 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Napanook is forward, lush and quite giving - in other words, very much in keeping with the style of the year. Silky and radiant, with plenty of bright, red-toned fruit, the 2017 Napanook is one of the very finest Napa Valley Cabernets readers will find in this price range. Savory, earthy and licorice undertones add striking shades of nuance, with silky tannins that extend the finish effortlessly. This is such a gorgeous and inviting wine. When just opened, the 2017 mostly offers density and opulence, but a few hours of air brings out layers of subtlety and aromatic nuance."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "There was about 40% of a normal crop this year due to strict selection. Grapes were harvested from September 21 to October 3 and the wine was bottled in May 2019. The 2017 Napanook is made up of 89% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot and was aged in 20% new French oak barrels. Deep purple-black in color, it springs from the glass with vivacious notions of warm black cherries, blackberry compote and crushed black currants with touches of dark chocolate, licorice, fertile loam, underbrush, camphor and cinnamon stick plus a waft of lilacs. Full-bodied with a firm level of grainy tannins and seamless freshness supporting the bold, spicy black fruit layers, it finishes on a lingering perfumed note. With further time, it begins to reveal the mineral signature of the estate, delivering a glimpse at the gravitas to come with 5-7 years in the cellar. 1,400 cases were made."
- Item #: i_216815Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Slow to unfold, but does so gracefully, unveiling a tight core of dried currant, sage and herb flavors, with cedar and tobacco leaf. Shows excellent focus and structure. - " Cab Sauv,66% Merlot,29% Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc.5% Best from 2014 through 2026. 2,730 cases made."
DUCKHORN 2016 "DISCUSSION" WINE & SPIRITS 95 POINTS It tastes like good benchland cabernet, with tobacco scents adding depth to the wild mulberry flavors. The tannins create tension in the wine, corralling all the tropical chocolate richness and focusing it into the layered pre-expression of a rose bud, packing scents of cherry skins and morels into a wine with years of development ahead."
- Item #: i_217452Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Notes
"Both generous and graceful, this is a lovely expression of Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon with aromas of black raspberry, red currant, vanilla bean and milk chocolate. One the palate, firm yet supple tannins add weight and structure, supporting layers of plum, raspberry and cinnamon spice."
- Item #: i_217410Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95Vinous Media: 95+ANTONIO GALLONI 95+ POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon (Howell Mountain) offers a striking balance of intense richness from the low yields on the mountain and the intensely mineral/savory qualities that are such signatures of the Dunn Howell Mountain Cabernet. Graphite, smoke, grilled herbs, creme de cassis, menthol and iron build into the huge finish. The tannins are there, but they are buried by the sheer intensity of the fruit."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS - "The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain looks sensational, as most of the better efforts do in this vintage of relatively low yields. Huge sucrosity, a big, fat, juicy mouthfeel, a dense black/purple color and plenty of crème de cassis, blackberry, camphor and licorice are all present in this layered, rather highly extracted and rich wine. It should drink well for 30-40 years."
- Item #: i_203400Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 100**Please note, this is a half sized bottleROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon charges from the gate with exuberant red and black cherries notes, black currants and mulberries with a beautiful roses and lavender perfume, plus hints of sandalwood and cinnamon stick. Full-bodied, concentrated and downright explosive in the mouth, it is still wearing loads of gorgeous puppy-fat fruit flavors, offering suggestions of the complex, multilayered blockbuster that it will emerge into. The structure deserves its own mention: wonderful, seamless freshness and oh-so-fine, pixelated tannins, with an extraordinary persistence of fruit and mineral nuances. Wow."