- Item #: i_200280Bottle Size: 750mlAdelsheim Vineyard began back in 1971 with Ginny and David Adelsheim purchasing 19 acres in beautiful Oregon countryside. They shared a dream with a handful of families that Oregon's climate and land could one day produce serious wines. A home was built, vines planted, and in 1978, the first commercial wines were produced. Over four decades, Adelsheim Vineyard grew up with Oregon's wine industry pioneering the way towards the future of wine production.
With its broad array of origins and clones, this wine displays aromas of cocoa, pomegranate and raspberry on the nose and the palate as well as a light touch of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice. True to Adelsheim's house style, it is elegantly textured with seamlessly integrated, silky, polished tannins. Pair it with salmon, ahi, veal, pork, duck, beef or hearty vegetarian entrees.
- Item #: i_201690Bottle Size: 750mlTextbook Willamette Valley Pinot Noir with juicy, fresh fruit and berry flavors - think dark cherry, cranberry, blackberry, more cherry. Clove, mocha, blood orange and vanilla accents abound adding complexity. The texture is ripe and plush with a line of acid running through to keep the wine vibrant. The wine is all about focus, electricity, and verve.
- Item #: i_211260Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2019 Cloudline Pinot Noir carries the familiar ruby red color of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, but with a darker shading at its core. On the nose, the fresh aromatics convey the vibrancy of the vintage, and on the palate, there are deep cherry and berry notes ahead of the pleasing finish.
- Item #: i_212300Bottle Size: 750mlIt was a mutual love of Pinot Noir that led Joe and Vicki Stark to establish Colene Clemens Vineyard and Winery back in 2005. Operating a successful business, Joe and Vicki developed a taste for fine wine through the '80's. At that point in time, they had no clue just what the Willamette Valley would become in the wine making world.
When they set their sights on purchasing property to plant their vineyard, they found an old abandoned farmstead and orchard that had lain fallow for many years, possessing ideal aspect (south facing), elevations (350ft to 650ft) and an array of high quality, proven Pinot Noir soils, not to mention fantastic views, no place could have been better. The icing on the cake for Joe and Vicki was that the property was less than 2 miles from where they lived with their first born.
From the beginning the goal has been to do everything possible to make the very best Pinot Noir. No compromise has been made in vineyard preparation, farming practices and wine making. Steve Goff, the gifted and dedicated winemaker and vineyard manager, has utilized the most diligent, time-tested and non-invasive protocols in both the vineyard and winery to further this goal. The 2015 release ended up earning 95 points from Wine Spectator and was #7 on their "Top 100" list of 2018.
The 2019 Dopp Creek opens with pretty aromas of rich red fruit and savory herbs, which carry through on the palate. The wine is clean, balanced, and well-structured with a core of bright fruit and a round, supple mouthfeel. It finishes with a hint of pomegranate, rosemary, and warm spice. This wine drinks beautifully now, and will age gracefully over the next five to eight years.
- Item #: i_213790Bottle Size: 750mlMt. Jefferson Cuvee is a blend of the Cristom estate Pinot Noir vineyards along with exceptional fruit they source from neighboring vineyards in the Willamette Valley. These contributing sites have been thoughtfully selected over the years, and are planted on a variety of soil types, elevations and aspects, representing the Willamette Valley Appellation as a broader whole. Each of these vineyards are farmed by committed winegrowers they are proud to partner with, with each site adding to the character, fruit, and structure of the wine, giving "Mt. Jeff" its deserved reputation as one of the most stylistically consistent Pinot Noirs in the world.
- Item #: i_214440Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Vivid ruby-red. A powerfully scented bouquet evokes ripe red/blue fruits, incense and candied licorice, while a suave floral pastille nuance emerges. Sappy, broad and expansive in the mouth, it offers sweet black raspberry, boysenberry and cola flavors that are braced by a core of juicy acidity. Closes on a sneaky tannic note, showing fine clarity, spicy thrust and impressive, floral-driven tenacity."
- Item #: i_228860Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2019 Hartford Court Russian River Valley Pinot Noir comes from a collection of small vineyards located throughout the Russian River Valley AVA, including Hartford Estate, Fog Dance, Hailey's Block, Jennifer's, MacLean's Block and Arrendell. Hartford makes single-vineyard bottlings from all of these, and those wines sell for $60 and above, yet the Hartford family utilizes these vineyards for this amazing Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, and this one sells for less than $30!!
The Russian River Valley is one of THE best places in the world for growing Pinot Noir. The cooling winds from the Pacific Ocean spread throughout the area, and help to moderate the temperatures throughout the day, whereas vineyards just to the east are exceptionally warmer. Also, the soils are a mix of sand, clay, and silt. The clay brings richness to a wine, while the sand brings more flowered aromatics and brightness in the wine. If you ask us, this sounds like the recipe for Pinot Noir perfection!
- Item #: i_238180Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Comments: "We achieved a higher degree of ripeness in 2019 with Valdiguie, which resulted in exceptional flavor development for the J. Lohr Estates Wildflower. Bright and youthful red hues and profuse brambly fruit aromas are accented by black pepper notes. On the palate, a zesty attack of pomegranate and blueberry leaves crisp, fresh fruit and a touch of spice on the finish."
- Item #: i_257695Bottle Size: 750MLSan Simeon Pinot Noir is a rich, fruit-driven wine with ripe flavors of black cherry and raspberry. The mouth is soft and round with a lingering finish. Aromas of bright red fruit, cinnamon, and oak spice are revealed on the fragrant nose.
- Item #: i_222180Bottle Size: 750mlOregon Pinot Noir is on a string of rock star vintages! Oregon Pinot Noir has the potential to stand up to the best wines coming out of California, Burgundy, or New Zealand, and with a wine of this price...earning this score...Oregon may become the best area in the new world to find quality Pinot Noir for not a lot of money!
The Black Family purchased a vineyard in the warm Dundee Hills of Oregon's Willamette Valley as a family retreat. With family and longevity in mind, they immediately changed the farming techniques in the vineyard, and began to employ sustainable farming on the property. Two years later, the family purchased property in the neighboring Yamhill-Carlton District, employing the same sustainable farming practices, and even practicing biodynamic farming on half of the vineyard! This vineyard has been turned into one of the largest experiments of its kind, with 40 acres farmed sustainably through the L.I.V.E. (Low Impact Viticulture and Enology) program. Today, The Four Graces combines the fruit from these two properties to make one fantastic Pinot Noir! This wine was aged for nine months in French oak barrels (of which 15% were new).
- Item #: i_275433Bottle Size: 750MLSauvignon Blanc is among the world's most popular white wine varietals, with strikingly different expressions in California than the wines produced in Sancerre or New Zealand. The telltale signature of Twomey Sauvignon Blanc is its bright tropical fruit expression and fresh mineral character.
- Item #: i_277960Bottle Size: 750mlWinery's Notes: "At Walter Scott we are huge fans of Gamay noir as it is expressed in the great wines of Beaujolais. Gamay was planted in Oregon originally in the early 1980’s and has been quietly making some stunning wines in the Willamette Valley ever since."
"The finished wine showcases a nose generous with notes of white pepper, brambley crushed berries, and wet granite. On the pallet the wine is fresh and persistent with medium tannins and balanced acidity, highlighting crunchy black and purple fruit notes, which make the wine immediately appealing."