- Item #: i_200035Bottle Size: 750mlROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Shea is made from hand-destemmed grapes fermented in a 500-liter terra cotta amphora. Medium ruby-purple in color, it opens slowly on the nose to wild red and black berries with broody touches of earth, tar and aniseed. The medium-bodied palate offers intense, seamlessly framed earth-laced fruits, and it finishes long and nuanced. There's more to come but this is youthfully shy, so give it another couple years bottle. 137 cases were made."
- Item #: i_212240Bottle Size: 750mlMade by Michael Browne (formerlly of Kosta Browne), this Russian River Valley Pinot Noir has aromas of violet, hibiscus, and dried rose petals. Subtle notes of light earth, ripe cherry, allspice and aged tobacco leaf. The palate has layers of black cherry, dark plum and lightly candied apple. A mouth-watering red-velvety texture, with lively acidity, a combination of soft and grippy tannins and a full mouth finish, centered on the mid-palate.
- Item #: i_252930Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94Raen is a new project put out by Carlo and Dante Mondavi, grandsons of the famed Robert Mondavi. Carlo and Dante are fourth generation vintners born and raised in Napa Valley who "cut their teeth" working under Tim Mondavi at the Robert Mondavi Winery as well as Opus One. The two brothers credit their dad Tim for the passion they share for Pinot Noir, as Tim is a big Burgundy fan and was a pioneer for California Pinot Noir through the '70s. Raen's Sonoma Coast bottling has been named Royal St. Robert Cuvee, in the honor of Carlo and Dante Mondavi's grandfather (Robert Mondavi) who taught them to be committed to excellence.
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Bodega is the clear stand out in this range from Raen. Pliant and deep, with terrific presence, the Bodega is impeccably balanced from start to finish. I imagine it will be an even more compelling wine in another few years' time. Bright red cherry fruit, pomegranate, mint, spice and blood orange all infuse the 2018 with tons of character. This is such a pretty and expressive wine, but it needs time in bottle for some of its youthful austerity to soften."
- Item #: i_252830Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Sea Field is not fully expressive today. The bouquet is promising, but the 2018 is much less forthcoming on the palate. It will be interesting to see if time in bottle helps things come together more fully, as the 2018 is pretty hard to read at this stage. Even so, it does appear to be rather light in structure and depth."
- Item #: i_271670Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Lewis MacGregor Estate Vineyard, from Pommard and Swan clone vines planted in 1990, has a medium ruby-purple color and broody scents of spiced cranberry sauce, baked blackberries, prosciutto, bergamot and saline. The palate is medium-bodied with slowly expanding fruits accented by loads of inherent spiciness and a mineral streak. It has a grainy frame and great freshness, finishing very long. Lovely! 423 cases were made."