- Item #: i_257480Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2017 Tous Ensemble Pinot Noir (Copain's first offering from Sonoma Coast) presents aromas of rose petals, Santa Rosa Plum skins, and fresh raspberries. Ripe cherries and orange peels also present themselves on the palate with a silky texture and lingering finish.
- Item #: i_235320Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90James Suckling: 92Wine Enthusiast: 91 PointsAs one of the most well known bottlings of Pinot Noir in America, organically grown Pinot Noir from their estate vineyard is blended with grapes from sustainably farmed vineyards throughout Oregon, where grapes are grown to our strictly enforced standards. This wine offers notes of raspberry, tobacco leaf, toast cherry, citrus.
- Item #: i_254200Bottle Size: 750MLWinery's Tasting Notes: "The 2017 Rex Hill Willamette Valley Pinot Noir greets with scents of rich, dark berries, pomegranate, rhubarb, caramel, mulling spices, and tobacco with secondary hints of balsa wood, flint, slate, and graphite. The palate is expansive and energetic with moderate tannins, balanced acidity, and integrated, approachable oak. The wine is true to the Willamette Valley's cooler climate fruit and promises age worthiness."
- Item #: i_258250Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 90 PointsThe grapes for this Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir hail from three vineyards, all influenced by the cooling fog of the nearby Pacific and perfectly suited for growing Pinot Noir. Upon delivery to the winery early in the morning, the grapes were de-stemmed and placed into small 1-ton bins, where they were punched down by hand 2-3 times each day. The resulting wine was transferred into French oak barrels, of which 31% were new, and aged for 11 months. It was then bottled unfiltered, given a few months of bottle aging to allow the flavors to integrate, and released in Winter 2019.
JEB DUNNUCK 90 POINTS - "Moving to the reds, the value-priced 2017 Pinot Noir (100% Pinot Noir aged 11 months in 31% new French oak) offers a medium ruby color as well as a pretty perfume of mulled cherry and raspberry fruits, spice, potpourri, and underbrush. It's medium-bodied, with a silky texture, beautiful balance, and a great finish. Drink it over the coming 4-5 years."
- Item #: i_261300Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands is a smoking value. Racy cherry, cranberry, and floral notes all emerge from this juicy, clean, and classy effort. With good acidity, loads of sweet fruit, and a clean, balanced style, it's a beautiful wine."
- Item #: i_261620Bottle Size: 750mlThe wine is very dark, aromatic and has great natural acidity. At this stage of development, most of its character is in a long, long finish - a good sign for the future of the wine! 2017 was a very good vintage for us. The balance and intensity of this wine demonstrates this beautifully.
- Item #: i_255290Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Glistening ruby-red. Expansive red and dark berry scents show a suave floral quality and a hint of smoky minerals. Urgent, spice-tinged bitter cherry and raspberry flavors spread out slowly and turn sweeter with air. Fine-grained tannins build steadily on an impressively long, penetrating finish that leaves notes of Chambord and candied rose behind."
- Item #: i_268440Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 93For three generations the Talley family has farmed in Coastal San Luis Obispo County, a tradition that began in 1948 when Oliver Talley founded Talley Farms and started growing vegetables in the Arroyo Grande Valley. After witnessing the success of winegrowing in the neighboring Edna Valley, Oliver's son, Don Talley, became convinced of the potential for growing high-quality wine grapes on the steep hillsides above Talley Farms. He planted a small test plot in 1982 on the west hillside of the Rincon Vineyard. In 1986 Don made 450 cases of wine, which sold out very quickly. Production increased over the next five years, until 1991, when a new winery was built at the foot of their Rincon Vineyard. Today, Don and Rosemary Talley's son, Brian Talley, runs the business after developing a passion for wine when he worked in a wine shop while attending UC Berkely.
The Talley family has a commitment to high quality and long-term sustainability which are the two principles that guide Talley Vineyards' farming decisions. Their vineyards are SIP Certified (Sustainability in Practice) by the Central Coast Vineyard Team. Biologically based farming techniques and integrated pest management practices are employed throughout the vineyards. To improve soil conditions, prevent erosion and provide fertility, cover crops are maintained in all vineyard blocks. No herbicides are used.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Deep glistening ruby-red. Vibrant, sharply focused aromas of cherry, potpourri and Asian spices are lifted by a smoky mineral flourish. Broad and concentrated on the palate, offering raspberry, bitter cherry and spicecake flavors that show impressive energy and focus. Rich yet lively in character, finishing with strong, spicy drive and fine-grained tannins that come in late. 26% new French oak."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "The appellation release, the 2017 Pinot Noir Estate is all estate fruit that spent 15 months in 35% new French oak. Beautiful notes of red currants, raspberries, spring flowers, and ground herbs notes all emerge from this medium-bodied, fresh, racy effort that has bright acidity, fine tannins, and a great finish. This vibrant, age-worthy effort will keep for over a decade."
- Item #: i_274670Bottle Size: 750mlRuby in color with nuanced aromas of graham cracker, black cherry, cola, raspberry puree, with an underlaying earthy note of fennel. The wine exhibits a ripe plumpness of fleshy plum with supporting aromas of flint, blood orange, and tea leaves. This wine has velvety tannins that linger on the finish.