- Item #: i_216190Bottle Size: 750mlDivision's "UN" Pinot Noir is a blend of fruit from vineyards located in the cooler portions of the Willamette Valley, including Eola Springs, Bjornson, and Temperance Hill vineyards. All but one of the vineyards included in the "Un" cuvee is organically, LIVE Certified and/or Biodynamically farmed. The oldest vines, the Eola Springs Vineyard, has transitioned to Biodynamic and organic principled farming (save for phylloxera treatment in the old vines).
Division's 2018 Pinot Noir "Un" gives generous huckleberry fruit on the nose andpalate, matching the darker fruit flavors with brambliness and acidity. Heaps of wet slate, allspice, and a sweet praline nuttiness round out the wine for a savory finish that somehow manages to be dense and airy. For a base level Pinot Noir, it packs serious punch and complexity – this is not a wine to be missed!
- Item #: i_215930Bottle Size: 750mlOn the nose, the wine is beautifully aromatic, combining notes of ripe, fresh cherry, rasberry, and strawberry jam, along with intense floral notes of hibiscus and orange blossom, baking spices of cardamom, cacao and vanilla, and a touch of fresh herbs (bay leaf, celery leaf). On the palate the wine is medium bodied and silky, with waves of complex ripe red fruits (cherry, raspberry, cranberry) complicated by notes of rhurbarb, fresh herbs and hints of wood smoke. The wine has ample, bright acidity, and sturdy tannins which provide structure, energy and cut on the long smooth finish.
- Item #: i_220240Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 98JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "There are 780 cases of the 2018 Pinot Noir DuMOL Estate Vineyard, another awesome bottle of Pinot Noir from Andy Smith. All destemmed and aged 15 months in 45% new French oak, its deeper ruby color is followed by a stunning nose of black raspberries, scorched earth, charcoal, forest floor, and candied orange zest. Rich, medium to full-bodied, and beautifully concentrated, it has some background oak to integrate, but offers perfect balance in its tannins and acidity, a great mid-palate, and a great finish. Give bottles 2-3 years and enjoy over the following decade or more."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Estate Vineyard comes from Swan and Calera clones planted in 2004 at a high vine density (3,630 vines per acre). Medium ruby-purple, it's richly scented of warm cranberry sauce, black cherries, tea leaves, tobacco and earth with floral notes. Medium-bodied, it floods the mouth with dark, earth-laced fruits cut through with bright red berry and citrusy pops. It has a firm, finely grained frame and addicting juiciness, finishing very long. Wow!"
- Item #: i_218920Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93Mount Richmond sits at 300-500 feet elevation, lower than the vineyards planted at the winery, which allows for earlier ripening. Planted in a high-density format (2100 vines/acre), similar to Roosevelt, Mount Richmond sits in rolling hills just outside the town of Yamhill just East of the Coast Range Mountains. In addition to the old vine pommard selection, planted from select cuttings off of Roosevelt Vineyard, the blend now also includes equal parts of Dijon clones 115 and 777.
Fruit from Mount Richmond is fermented in small, temperature controlled steel tanks, hand punched down twice daily, and barreled in 50% new french oak barrels. After 10 months of aging in barrels, only the barrels that are most representative of the Mount Richmond profile are carefully blended to create a big, luscious Oregon Pinot Noir
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "Saturated crimson. Powerful, smoke- and spice-tinged cherry and blueberry qualities on the nose, along with building floral and vanilla nuances. Musky underbrush and licorice notes emerge with air and carry onto the palate, which offers bitter cherry, blue fruit, spicecake and floral pastille flavors. A sweeter cola note pops up on the impressively long, youthfully tannic finish, which echoes the cherry and floral nuances."
- Item #: i_219330Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93If this label looks familiar, it's because it comes from the same owners as Far Nientte, Nickel & Nickel and Dolce! Their first release was the 2007, and while we're always a bit skeptical of Cabernet producers dabbling in Pinot noir, one taste left us wanting seconds, thirds and fourths! Now that the 2012 has dropped, it is every bit as good as its predecessors. En Route owns two fantastic Pinot Noir properties: Graton Vineyard and the highly-esteemed Amber Ridge Vineyard! Both vineyards are planted to several different clones for added complexity and nuances.
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Rich, with voluptuous dark fruit flavors and Asian spice accents. Dark cherry and plum tart notes dominate, showing hints of cassis. Cedar and sandalwood details emerge on the creamy finish. Drink now through 2025."
- Item #: i_219640Bottle Size: 750MLMedium ruby color; cherry, raspberry, graham cracker spice on the nose; dark cherry, raspberry, plum, redcurrant on the palate.This bottle is another reason to find Etude Carneros pinot noir. Grapes come from estate vineyards at Grace Benoist Ranch where the vines produce small bunches and even smaller berries, generating small yields and intense, complex flavors. The vividly delicious and—at the same time, subtle—flavors are why are why you will enjoy this wine, also why you will pay extra for the privilege of doing so. The splurge is more than worth it.
- Item #: i_220640Bottle Size: 750MLOriginally Keefer Ranch, located in the southwestern corner of Green Valley in the Russian River Valley, was planted in 1988 by Marcy and Robert Keefer. Marcy continued to farm the Ranch with 13 acres of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay planted to it for 29 years, of which 11 years in Failla began to work with the Keefers. The vines grow upon beds of sandy goldridge loam just below the fog line providing a desirable cool climate influence. The grapes were harvested near the end of September and were 20% cluster, native yeast fermented before being aged for 11 months in new French oak. The wine is bottled unfined and unfiltered.
Aromatically the wine has notes of bright, juicy red cherries as well as an unmistakable bramble perfume. On the palate, the wine is rich with flavors of red berry pie, lovely baking spices, and balancing acidity.
- Item #: i_220120Bottle Size: 750MLThe Sonoma Coast's rocky, well-drained terrain and elevated proximity to the cool Pacific Ocean allow Flowers Winery to grow Pinot Noir with fresh, bright red fruit flavors, soft tannins, complex minerality and brilliant acidity. Their Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir is sourced from some of the finest family owned vineyards within the extreme Sonoma Coast appellation including Flowers' Sea View Ridge Estate Vineyard. The grapes are harvested in the early morning hours to ensure the fruit arrives cool and freshly intact.
This wine has a deep garnet hue, along with aromas of wild strawberry, pomegranate, cranberry, savory dried herbs, violet and forest floor lift elegantly from the glass. On the palate, layers of blood orange and hibiscus are framed by fine-grained tannins, coastal minerality and brilliant acidity that culminate in a lengthy finish.
- Item #: i_222185Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleOregon Pinot Noir is on a string of rock star vintages! 2015 was ripe, juicy, and hedonistic, while 2016 was fresh, lively, and aromatic. 2017 may turn out to be the "Goldilocks" of the trio, showing ripe fruit with good intensity, yet retaining freshness and verve. Oregon Pinot Noir has the potential to stand up to the best wines coming out of California, Burgundy, or New Zealand, and with a wine of this price...earning this score...Oregon may become the best area in the new world to find quality Pinot Noir for not a lot of money!
The Black Family purchased a vineyard in the warm Dundee Hills of Oregon's Willamette Valley as a family retreat. With family and longevity in mind, they immediately changed the farming techniques in the vineyard, and began to employ sustainable farming on the property. Two years later, the family purchased property in the neighboring Yamhill-Carlton District, employing the same sustainable farming practices, and even practicing biodynamic farming on half of the vineyard! This vineyard has been turned into one of the largest experiments of its kind, with 40 acres farmed sustainably through the L.I.V.E. (Low Impact Viticulture and Enology) program. Today, The Four Graces combines the fruit from these two properties to make one fantastic Pinot Noir! This wine was aged for nine months in French oak barrels (of which 15% were new).
- Item #: i_223270Bottle Size: 750MLFrank Family Vineyards Carneros Pinot Noir opens with aromas of dried black cherries, cinnamon spice and sweet oak notes. A subtle scent of forest floor and lavender evokes the cool, foggy mornings typical of their Carneros vineyard, giving this wine a sense of place. The palate is round and bursts with fleshy plum. Fine grain tannins offer elegant structure and persistence.
- Item #: i_228290Bottle Size: 750mlThe Hahn Family has been farming in the Santa Lucia Highlands area since the late ‘70s with land purchased to graze livestock. It didn’t take long for Nicky Hahn to see a much greater potential for his acreage and by 1980 had produced his first wine. The region’s climate was unique from surrounding areas and over the next 8 years it gained its status as an AVA thanks to Nicky Hahn leading the charge. Over the years the family has acquired additional Vineyards in the region totaling 650 acres all sustainably farmed and family operated.
- Item #: i_228430Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "Lovely aromas of rose petal, sage and blood orange zest elevate the core juicy fruit of pomegranate, Bing cherry and guava. The flavors echo the aromas with the addition of cranberry, pink grapefruit and an elegant minerality. Balanced acidity and fine tannins along with red fruit and earth flavors unfold across the palate, ending with a long, mineral-driven finish."
- Item #: i_228860Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95The 2018 Hartford Court Russian River Valley Pinot Noir comes from a collection of small vineyards located throughout the Russian River Valley AVA, including Hartford Estate, Fog Dance, Hailey's Block, Jennifer's, MacLean's Block and Arrendell. Hartford makes single-vineyard bottlings from all of these, and those wines sell for $60 and above, yet the Hartford family utilizes these vineyards for this amazing Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, and this one sells for less than $30!!
The Russian River Valley is one of THE best places in the world for growing Pinot Noir. The cooling winds from the Pacific Ocean spread throughout the area, and help to moderate the temperatures throughout the day, whereas vineyards just to the east are exceptionally warmer. Also, the soils are a mix of sand, clay, and silt. The clay brings richness to a wine, while the sand brings more flowered aromatics and brightness in the wine. If you ask us, this sounds like the recipe for Pinot Noir perfection!
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "Starting with the 2018 Pinot Noir Russian River Valley, which comes from multiple sites and was brought up in 27% new French oak, it has a vivid ruby hue to go with classic Russian River notes of mulled cherry and raspberry fruits, cola, spice box, and dried herbs. Medium-bodied, round, and beautifully textured, it's a totally charming, balanced, elegant Pinot Noir that punches way above its weight."
- Item #: i_233880Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of fruit from the Kanzler Estate, as well as Walker Station, Mes Filles, and Wind Horse vineyards, this 2018 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir wine is opulent and rich while still displaying great freshness. The classic silky Pinot texture is more chocolate mousse than heavy whipping cream, and the tannins show enough grip to hold and frame the wine without being bitter or obtrusive. The high percentage of once-used barrels imparts a subtle oak characteristic that enhances and compliments the fruit and spice character. After opening for several hours, exotic sweet-spice notes reminiscent of liquors in the Vin Santo or Fernet range begin to appear, further enhancing the intrigue and complexity of this Pinot Noir.
- Item #: i_236510Bottle Size: 750mlBursting from the glass are notes of cranberry and juicy mulberry, followed by sarsaparilla and freshly-grated nutmeg. Bright, crisp acidity frames youthful avors of pomegranate, red cherry and sandalwood with a hint of the classic Laetitia spice. Although very approachable now, this wine will age gracefully for years to come. Look to pair with cedar-plank salmon and roasted mushrooms with herbs and goat cheese.
- Item #: i_236830Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 90JEB DUNNUCK 90-92 POINTS - "Coming from a handful of sites in Santa Barbara County and still aging in used barrels, the 2018 Pinot Noir Santa Barbara County sports a deep ruby/plum color as well as notes of candied cherries, violets, Asian spices, and underbrush. It's another rounded, polished, incredibly attractive wine from Loring that has plenty of fruit and texture, good complexity, and a balanced, approachable style."
- Item #: i_238670Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96JEB DUNNUCK 96 POINTS - "The 2018 Pinot Noir Garys' Vineyard is a little more dense, focused, and tight, with beautiful black cherry and currant fruits as well as notes of camphor, new leather, violets, and earthy notes. I love its balance. Medium to full-bodied, it has nicely integrated acidity, subtle oak, and a great finish. It's going to keep for 7-8 years, easily. Along with the 2016, its the finest vintage of this release I've tasted!"
- Item #: i_238820Bottle Size: 750mlLynmar's 2018 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir showcases the purity and vibrancy of the region with nuanced texture and bright aromatics. At its core, this wine is comprised of Lynmar's three Russian River Valley vineyards (Quail Hill, Susanna's and Adam's), along with neighboring properties that share their same viticultural philosophies.
A brilliant rose color in the glass, this wine exudes juicy aromatics of baked strawberry, dragon fruit and cherry cola. A focused but generous entry on the palate leads way to tastes of cherry juice, ripe red plum and baking spice culminating in lively tannins and a persistent finish. Enjoy upon release.
- Item #: i_239885Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 94The name Martin Ray resonates deeply in the history of California Winemaking. Martin Ray was a pioneer, dedicated to crafting single varietal, region specific wine from 1943 through 1972 in Saratoga, the heart of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Mentored by Paul Masson, he took a burgundian approach to his winemaking and developed what is now one of the most historical properties in California, known as Mount Eden.
Nearly twenty years later, Courtney Benham stumbled upon 1500 cases of Martin Ray wine in a San Jose warehouse. Recognizing his good fortune, and his intent and drive to produce terroir driven wines, Ray's historical significance and philosophy resonated with him. Courtney purchased the brand, and since 1990 has been committed to the production of artisanal wines worthy of the Martin Ray name.
Carefully chosen from various vineyards throughout the Russian River Valley and Carneros, this wine's largest components are grown only feet from the river itself, coming from Richioli, Cartan, and Tina Marie. The grapes were fermented separately in small open-top fermenters with gentle punch-downs. The fermentations were carefully maintained at moderate temperatures until dry, when the must was basket-pressed then pumped into barrels for completion of malolactic fermentation. Lots were aged for eleven months in new premium French oak barrels, along with more nuanced 1-2 year old barrels.
JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "This is really fresh and clean with sliced dried strawberries, flowers and citrus. Medium-bodied, very poised and refined with a long, crisp finish. California brightness with French sensitivity. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_275597Bottle Size: 750mlMartinelli's Bella Vigna label is curated from all of their estate vineyards in the Sonoma Coast appellation. They wanted to create an appellation blend that reflects the characteristics of their Sonoma Coast vineyards and is still true to our Martinelli style. Bella Vigna translates to "Beautiful Vines", so their winemaking team chose barrels that best denote the flavor profiles of their vineyards, showcasing how beautiful the fruit from the Sonoma Coast can be. The 2018 Bella Vigna Pinot Noir has a nose of dried cherry, licorice, and blueberry and ripe flavors of mouth-coating strawberry and dried cherry.