Cabernet Sauvignon is one of the world's most widely recognized red wine grape varieties. It is grown in nearly every major wine producing country among a diverse spectrum of climates from Canada's Okanagan Valley to Lebanon's Beqaa Valley. Cabernet Sauvignon became internationally recognized through its prominence in Bordeaux wines where it is often blended with Merlot and Cabernet Franc. From France, the grape spread across Europe and to the New World where it found new homes in places like California's Santa Cruz Mountains, Napa Valley, New Zealand's Hawkes Bay, Australia's Margaret River and Coonawarra regions and Chile's Maipo Valley and Colchagua. The classic profile of Cabernet Sauvignon tends to be full-bodied wines with high tannins and noticeable acidity that contributes to the wine's aging potential. In cooler climates, Cabernet Sauvignon tends to produce wines with blackcurrant notes that can be accompanied by green bell pepper notes, mint and cedar which will all become more pronounced as the wine ages. In more moderate climates the blackcurrant notes are often seen with black cherry and black olives notes while in very hot climates the current flavors can veer towards the over-ripe and "jammy" side.
- Item #: i_251070Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of vineyards from Lake and Napa Counties. We find these diverse, high quality vineyards to compliment one another perfectly. Our high altitude rocky vineyard sites in Lake County deliver angularity, complexity and austerity while our Napa Valley fruit provides deep concentration and focus. This wine is dense and tremendously focused, with a wonderful nose and palate of cedar, blueberry, saddle leather and white pepper. The finish showcases a perfect balance of acid, tannin and sweet toasted oak. Meticulous, detail oriented winemaking and complete attention to detail has produced a wine of tremendous presence and complexity that must be tasted to be believed.
- Item #: i_230790Bottle Size: 750mlDeep ruby in color, the Austin Hope Cabernet Sauvignon expresses aromas of freshly picked black currants, ripe black cherries, and blackberries, with subtle notes of violets, mocha, and dried spices. On the palate, it's a big, powerful, modern-styled wine layered with heaps of juicy blackberry and cherry fruit, while nuances of cedar, clove, nutmeg and vanilla bean round out the long smooth finish. It's full-bodied and rich, balanced by fresh acidity and firm, polished tannins.
- Item #: i_210430Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of 44% Cabernet Sauvignon, 33% Merlot, 10% Malbec, 8% Petit Verdot, and 5% Cabernet Franc, this alluringly dark and spicy wine displays beautiful aromas of currant, cassis, sage and thyme, as well as hints of cinnamon and clove from barrel aging. On the palate, the tannins are impeccably balanced, adding depth to the lush ripe berry flavors, with layers of cola and grenadine emerging as the wine evolves in the glass.
- Item #: i_214800Bottle Size: 750mlFamily owned and operated, DAOU is committed to producing collectible, world-class wines to rival the most respected appellations in the world. Situated on a 212-acre hilltop estate in the Adelaida District of Paso Robles, their remarkable geology, favorable microclimate, and high elevation were once described by renowned California winemaker Andre Tchelistcheff as "a jewel of ecological elements." As stewards of this beautiful terroir, DAOU's goal is to make unique fine wines that honestly and accurately reflect the potential of the estate and to craft wines that combine Old World tradition with New World techniques.
The 2018 vintage shows characteristics that are rich and sophisticated on the nose with currant, black cherry, cedar and eucalyptus, and displays undertones of briary blackberry and wet gravel. Ancillary aromas of coffee and cocoa are rounded out nicely with notes of crushed sage and baking spice. Full bodied and formidable on the palate, offering enticing and juicy wild blackberry, Oregon blueberry and crisp black cherry flavors. Hints of plum and mulberry are accentuated with fig, black olives and fine leather. Excellent structure and harmony between the pure fruit core and firm, supple backbone of polished tannins. Finish is surprisingly elegant for a wine of such power. Silky and smooth, ending on lovely notes of sweet cherry and boysenberry.
- Item #: i_277410Bottle Size: 750mlFrom its deep crimson color to its velvety texture and alluring layers of fresh blackberry, boysenberry and cassis, you can taste the warm Napa Valley sun in this luxurious Cabernet. On the palate, hints of violet, lavender and dark chocolate add to the delicious depth of this wine, with a pleasing touch of acidity bringing brightness and poise to a lush fruit-driven finish.
- Item #: i_207230Bottle Size: 750mlA few years ago, we brought you a gem of a Cabernet from Paso Robles called Cane and Fable. This wine was one of the biggest hits this store had ever seen. In fact, while this wine was sold out since early spring, we were still getting requests for this wine well into summer! Well, we are pleased to announce the fourth release of Cane and Fable's Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon! The talented winemaker crafting this wine is Curt Schlachlin. Curt is winemaker at Sans Liege, known for his high-scoring yet affordable wines.
This is every bit as good as the previous releases, maybe just a bit more structured and black-fruited. The wine greets you with a dark garnet color with purple accents, along with scents of lush blueberry, boysenberry, currants, and memories of your grandfather's briar-wood pipe. As the flavors begin to march across your palate, it imparts hints of sweet plums, red and black cherries, vanilla, herbs, earth, warm cedar planks, and freshly ground spices. Every little sip leaves you comfortable, content, and just feeling like you "stole" this wine for less than $20!
- Item #: i_270410Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 90% CAbernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot, and 3% Malbec from Napa and Sonoma vallies, the 2018 Twenty Bench Cabernet Sauvignon has a ripe black cherry core, twining with blackberry syrup, a subtle minerality, with the smokiness of charred French oak on the nose. The mouth is creamy and dense, with layered of juicy berries, the darkest of dark chocolates, rich espresso and black pepper. The wine is well-balanced and drinking well in its youth.