Cabernet Sauvignon is one of the world's most widely recognized red wine grape varieties. It is grown in nearly every major wine producing country among a diverse spectrum of climates from Canada's Okanagan Valley to Lebanon's Beqaa Valley. Cabernet Sauvignon became internationally recognized through its prominence in Bordeaux wines where it is often blended with Merlot and Cabernet Franc. From France, the grape spread across Europe and to the New World where it found new homes in places like California's Santa Cruz Mountains, Napa Valley, New Zealand's Hawkes Bay, Australia's Margaret River and Coonawarra regions and Chile's Maipo Valley and Colchagua. The classic profile of Cabernet Sauvignon tends to be full-bodied wines with high tannins and noticeable acidity that contributes to the wine's aging potential. In cooler climates, Cabernet Sauvignon tends to produce wines with blackcurrant notes that can be accompanied by green bell pepper notes, mint and cedar which will all become more pronounced as the wine ages. In more moderate climates the blackcurrant notes are often seen with black cherry and black olives notes while in very hot climates the current flavors can veer towards the over-ripe and "jammy" side.
- Item #: i_200170Bottle Size: 750mlGrapes were sourced from vineyards throughout Washington state, including the Horse Heaven Hills, Columbia Valley and the Wahluke Slope. Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah & Petit Verdot were added to create a fruit-forward profile and enhanced mouth feel. The wine was aged for 12 months in a combination of American and French oak barrels to build structure and complexity in the blend. This Cabernet Sauvignon is a rich, juicy red that features aromas of dark cherry, black currants, coffee, and subtle hints of spice. These flavors are complemented by a touch of spicy oak and emphasized by refined tannins.
- Item #: i_251070Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of vineyards from Lake and Napa Counties. We find these diverse, high quality vineyards to compliment one another perfectly. Our high altitude rocky vineyard sites in Lake County deliver angularity, complexity and austerity while our Napa Valley fruit provides deep concentration and focus. This wine is dense and tremendously focused, with a wonderful nose and palate of cedar, blueberry, saddle leather and white pepper. The finish showcases a perfect balance of acid, tannin and sweet toasted oak. Meticulous, detail oriented winemaking and complete attention to detail has produced a wine of tremendous presence and complexity that must be tasted to be believed.
- Item #: i_200560Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is a classic Alexander Valley wine with medium body, great fruit flavors and smooth, structured tannins. Winemaker Kevin Hall added 11% Merlot for structure, a touch of Cabernet Franc for floral notes and Malbec and Petit Verdot for color.
- Item #: i_211280Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "A blend of 51% Cabernet Sauvignon, 36% Merlot, 5% Petite Sirah, 5% Syrah and 3% Malbec, the deep garnet-purple colored 2014 Oyster Ridge offers up notions of fresh cassis, cloves, plums, black berries and black cherries with hints of toast and beef drippings. Medium to full-bodied, the taut palate is firmly structured with ripe, grainy tannins. Possessing great harmony and depth, it gives a good long spicy finish."
- Item #: i_211220Bottle Size: 750mlThe Ancient Peaks Cabernet Sauvignon comes blocks planted where the sloping terrain straddles rocky sedimentary and shale soils. These soils promote naturally low vigor for the development of intensely flavored fruit. Cold soaked for 48 hours prior to fermentation for a gentle extraction of color and flavor, the wine was racked to a combination of French and American oak barrels, where it aged for 18 months prior to blending and bottling. Small lots of Malbec and Syrah were incorporated into the final blend for added dimension.
The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon offers warm aromas of blueberry, plum and toasted oak along with classic varietal notes of graphite and black olive. The texture is plump and juicy, cascading across the palate with flavors of black currant and fresh red berries accentuated by hints of roast coffee, anise, tobacco and mineral. Sleek acidity paves the way for an elegant finish framed by smooth tannins.
- Item #: i_201520Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Arrow & Branch proprietors (and Laguna Beach locals) Steve and Seanne Contursi share a great love for the wines of Bordeaux, particularly those produced with a large quantity of Cabernet Franc, such as Château Cheval Blanc. The couple sought out their Coombsville vineyard property with an eye to producing top-quality Cabernet Franc-based wines from Napa Valley. They bought the Arrow & Branch Vineyard in November 2007, as this vineyard was the source of Tony Soter's renowned and highly rated Little Creek Cabernet Franc. The Contursi's have maintained the organic farming and, through their work with the detail-oriented Viticulturalist Mike Wolf, are continually improving this wonderful vineyard site.
ROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS - "This is a new project from former Spottswoode winemaker Jennifer Williams."
"The 2012 Proprietary Red is composed of 55% Cabernet Franc, 26% Merlot and 19% Cabernet Sauvignon. Elegant and fresh with raspberry as well as red and blackcurrant fruit and a floral note, it possesses medium body, sweet tannin and impressive purity. Drink it over the next 7-10 years."
- Item #: i_201220Bottle Size: 750MLWith everyone feeling the pinch of the economy, value once again moves to the forefront with this wine! Sourced from sundry vineyards throughout Lodi, this little gem will make friends and influence people at a price that's sure to make your pocketbook smile! This lighter-styled Cabernet proffers a juicy, versatile palate. The wine leads off with a warm nose of cherry/berry, red currant fruit reiterated to the palate in conjunction with slight hints of cedar, boysenberry, sweet smoke and spice.
- Item #: i_202460Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of 76% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Merlot, 9% Petit Verdot, and 4% Cabernet Franc, the 2012 "Barrouge" has a wonderful blackberry aroma with hints of sweet vanilla and cocoa. The palate is loaded with red fruit flavors of raspberry and red cherry with hints of plum. The wine finishes with soft elegant tannins and touches of roasted almond and vanilla derived from the French oak. Enjoy now or many years in the future!!!
- Item #: i_204350Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine was made with grapes grown with certified sustainable farming methods. Benziger's sustainable philosophy promotes natural vineyard management, restoration of the land and biodiversity on the estate. Benziger's Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon is very inviting with aromas of black olive and savory, dark fruit. Its well weighted structure and integrated tannins add a light chalkiness to the palate. Flavors of black currant, Bing cherry and juicy plum endure from start to finish, as hints of tea and cocoa help support the mid-palate.
- Item #: i_205310Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Beringer Vineyards has owned and farmed its Knights Valley vineyards since the mid-1960's, when the Beringer family recognized that the cobbled alluvial soils were a great place to grow high quality wine grapes. The Knights Valley designation was first used on a Beringer label in 1974.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Blended of 87% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Knights Valley has a deep garnet-purple color and nose of creme de cassis, preserved plums and Christmas cake with hints of mocha, sautéed herbs and sandalwood. Full, rich and spicy in the mouth, it has a plush frame and plenty of open-knit fruit, finishing on a peppery note. 84,846 cases were made."
- Item #: i_202860Bottle Size: 750MLWhile this is typically a Cabernet Sauvignon-dominated blend, Merlot stole the show in 2012, so this year's blend is comprised of 52% Merlot, 27% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Cabernet Franc, 7% Petit Verdot, and 3% Malbec. Very deeply-colored, the aromas exude beautifully ripened red fruits accented by subtle spice notes. The mouthfeel is very soft and full expressing delicious flavors of ripe cherry and plum. The finish is well structured with soft tannins promising a long life for this superb bottle, similar to a fine Bordeaux.
- Item #: i_202670Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 90ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 90 POINTS - "(aged in a 50/50 combination of French and American oak, 35 percent of it new) Inky ruby. Ripe cherry, dark berries and a hint of vanilla on the perfumed nose. Sweet, seamless dark fruit, mocha and spicecake flavors put on weight and gain energy with air. Rich yet lively; a peppery element adds cut to the long, focused finish, and fine-grained tannins add grip."
- Item #: i_206920Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 92ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Medium garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Prince of Hearts Paradise Hills Vineyard (a Bordeaux blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc) features exuberant red and black currant notes with a very sexy undercurrent of potpourri, violets, cedar chest and cinnamon stick. The open, inviting medium-bodied palate features approachably soft tannins and is packed with vibrant red and black fruit flavors, finishing on a spicy note."
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Blankiet's 2015 Prince of Hearts is bright, floral and very nicely lifted for the year. Succulent yet very much medium in body, the 2015 is a gorgeous wine to drink now and over the next handful of years. Prince of Hearts remains one of the very finest values in artisan Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon."
- Item #: i_205510Bottle Size: 750mlWe feel that Bogle has one of the most solid wine portfolios in the business, and they prove that it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg! The Bogle family has been farming since the mid 1800’s and their reputation has continued to grow. The fact that they want to sell wines that people can actually afford doesn’t hurt, either. Cabernet Sauvignon is a grape that takes its own sweet time, slowly lingering to ripen on the vine. We are rewarded by its reluctance.
Ripe cherries and vivid plums create a welcome first impression, while touches of earth tones and leather nestle themselves among the fruit. Sixteen months in American barrels have produced wisps of tobacco leaf and notes of spicy cigar box. With well-integrated tannins and a rich and round finish, this wine is sure to be a favorite.
- Item #: 208830Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Vinous Media: 96ANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "As it often is, the 2014 St. Eden is a showy, racy wine. A rush of dark red cherry, plum, mocha, espresso and grilled herbs gives the wine its opulent, flamboyant feel. Even so the St. Eden shows the natural restraint and mid-weight structure of the year."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2014 St. Eden offers up expressive cr
- Item #: 208710Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98+Vinous Media: 97ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 98+ POINTS - "The 2014 Vecina displays a deep garnet-purple color and has a broody, baked blueberries, cassis and anise-laced nose with suggestions of garrigue, dusty earth and bay leaves. Full-bodied, rich, spicy and powerful in the mouth, it offers a lot of latent layers and promises great, great things to come with an incredibly long, layered finish. It needs a bit of time but should cellar beautifully for a good 25 years+."
ANTONIO GALLONI 97 POINTS - "One of the most expressive wines in this range, the 2014 Vecina is powerful, dense and explosive. Despite its obvious intensity, the 2014 has quite a bit of detail and nuance. Time in the glass unleashes the wine's natural intensity, volume and power. The huge, savory and mineral-drenched finish only adds to the wine's immeasurable beauty."
- Item #: i_205820Bottle Size: 750MLWhat is Bonterra wine? It’s a family of bright, fresh and balanced varietals just as they’re meant to be. Our organic growing approach creates grapes that are pure, vibrant and intense in flavor. This provides our winemakers with the very best fruit from which to work. From there it is simply about delivering the best expression of that fruit from our vines to your glass.
- Item #: i_206430Bottle Size: 750mlWith over 36 years of vineyard experience, Buehler has become a "go to" for quality Cabernet at a price that's a downright steal! Their family-owned estate is located at the base of Howell Mountain, just north of Pritchard Hill.
- Item #: i_208505Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 92+ANTONIO GALLONI 92+ POINTS - "The 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Vineyards is a powerful, burly wine. Lavender, menthol, sage, tobacco, earthiness and plum give the 2013 much of its brooding, intense personality. Despite its considerable intensity, the 2013 has relatively soft tannins for the year, so it should drink well with minimal cellaring. The 2013 is only 75% Cabernet Sauvignon. A good dose of Merlot (12%), Petit Verdot (11%) and Malbec (2%) round out the blend."
ROBERT PARKER 92 POINTS - "The 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon (at a very fair price, by the way) has beautiful blackcurrant fruit, blackberry, underlying earth and spice, medium to full body, a long finish and sweet, moderate tannin. A rather classic example of Napa viticulture and still available at a shockingly realistic price. This beautiful wine is young, but reflects the greatness of 2013, and should promise to improve and evolve for another 15-20 years."
- Item #: i_206425Bottle Size: 750mlRich, round and flush with flavor. Aromas of blackberry and cassis with hints of spice and toasted oak are complemented by flavors of plum, black cherry and soft oak tannins.
- Item #: i_203260Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90ANTONIO GALLONI 90 POINTS - "The 2014 Tapestry Reserve, Beaulieu Vineyard's Cabernet Sauvignon-based red, is forward, supple and fruity. Succulent red cherry and plum fruit are pushed forward. The blending varieties add suppleness and mid-palate softness."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Blended of 76% Cabernet Sauvignon and 13% Merlot with dollops of Petit Verdot, Malbec and Cabernet Franc, the 2014 Reserve Tapestry Proprietary Red Wine opens with creme de cassis and blackberry tart notes over hints of menthol, incense and Christmas cake, plus a waft of dark chocolate. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is flamboyant, rich, velvety and seductive, with a lively lift in the mid-palate and a long, spicy finish. 18,000 cases made."
- Item #: i_207950Bottle Size: 750mlWINEMAKER'S NOTES - " High-toned aromas of raspberry and fresh plums swirl around a hint of smoke and warm earth on the nose. In the mouth, the wine's plush smoothness takes over – a warm, soft caress of dark Bing cherries and wild berry bramble, layered with sweet vanilla and milk chocolate notes. Ripe, round tannins provide substance and structure without rough edges, carrying the wine into a lengthy finish of oregano and dried summer savory. The harmonious balance and exceptionally smooth texture make our Cabernet an ideal choice for dinner, drinks, or date night."
- Item #: i_207960Bottle Size: 750mlA proprietary blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Merlot, & Petite Sirah, this is an extroverted dry red wine that is medium-bodied and rich in flavor. The nose exhibits fig, caramelized sugar, coffee, and chocolate, while the palate brings ripe cherries, berries, dark plum together with cedar, sandalwood and coffee. Powerfully engaging, and balanced with good acidity on the long finish.