Cabernet Sauvignon is one of the world's most widely recognized red wine grape varieties. It is grown in nearly every major wine producing country among a diverse spectrum of climates from Canada's Okanagan Valley to Lebanon's Beqaa Valley. Cabernet Sauvignon became internationally recognized through its prominence in Bordeaux wines where it is often blended with Merlot and Cabernet Franc. From France, the grape spread across Europe and to the New World where it found new homes in places like California's Santa Cruz Mountains, Napa Valley, New Zealand's Hawkes Bay, Australia's Margaret River and Coonawarra regions and Chile's Maipo Valley and Colchagua. The classic profile of Cabernet Sauvignon tends to be full-bodied wines with high tannins and noticeable acidity that contributes to the wine's aging potential. In cooler climates, Cabernet Sauvignon tends to produce wines with blackcurrant notes that can be accompanied by green bell pepper notes, mint and cedar which will all become more pronounced as the wine ages. In more moderate climates the blackcurrant notes are often seen with black cherry and black olives notes while in very hot climates the current flavors can veer towards the over-ripe and "jammy" side.
- Item #: 200170Bottle Size: 750mlGrapes were sourced from vineyards throughout Washington state, including the Horse Heaven Hills, Columbia Valley and the Wahluke Slope. Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah & Petit Verdot were added to create a fruit-forward profile and enhanced mouth feel. The wine was aged for 12 months in a combination of American and French oak barrels to build structure and complexity in the blend. This Cabernet Sauvignon is a rich, juicy red that features aromas of dark cherry, black currants, coffee, and subtle hints of spice. These flavors are complemented by a touch of spicy oak and emphasized by refined tannins.
- Item #: 251070Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of vineyards from Lake and Napa Counties. We find these diverse, high quality vineyards to compliment one another perfectly. Our high altitude rocky vineyard sites in Lake County deliver angularity, complexity and austerity while our Napa Valley fruit provides deep concentration and focus. This wine is dense and tremendously focused, with a wonderful nose and palate of cedar, blueberry, saddle leather and white pepper. The finish showcases a perfect balance of acid, tannin and sweet toasted oak. Meticulous, detail oriented winemaking and complete attention to detail has produced a wine of tremendous presence and complexity that must be tasted to be believed.
- Item #: 200910Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine combines the best attributes of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, and Malbec from the Oakville and Yountville areas of Napa Valley. It possesses a vibrant, pomegranate hued, deep garnet color with a nose that reveals a panoply of aromas: blueberry liquor, dark red fruits, black cherry, with subtle notes of baking spices and cedar. A small percentage of beautifully ripe Malbec and Petite Verdot contribute hints of plum and leather respectively. These abundant fruit characteristics, along with a touch of vanilla, reveal themselves in the mouth with multiple layers of flavor that coat the mouth and continue to a long finish. The tannins are superfine and silky, carrying the fruit along the palate from entry to finish without ever being obtrusive. Both the Malbec and Petite Verdot further enhance the classical texture.
- Item #: 200180Bottle Size: 750mlIn 2015, Adaptation continued to work with their favorite local growers to craft this wine, one that truly represents the broader Napa Valley appellation. The backbone of the blend is sourced from Ink Grade (on the backside of Howell Mountain), which provides the framework and structure. They move their way down to the valley floor where they incorporate Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot from the Stags Leap District, Yountville and Oak Knoll appellations. This immense diversity and range within the Napa Valley allowed Adaptation to produce a wine that is emblematic of the unique Napa Valley terroir in an approachable, up-front style.
The 2015 Adaptation Cabernet Sauvignon redefines approachability - a fusion of fruit flavors that include wild blackberries, mulberries, sweet cherries and cocoa dipped blueberries invade your senses followed by wispy notes of forest floor and bittersweet chocolate. An exuberant, multi-dimensional mouthfeel is complemented by dynamic acidity that forges freshness, energy and length to the palate.
- Item #: 201330Bottle Size: 750mlThis is 100% estate Cabernet Sauvignon made by Dave Phinney (Orin Swift, GKG, Stanton, Locations). The vineyard is located in the Silverado Bench at an elevation of roughly 200 feet above the valley floor, immediately South and East of the Oak Knoll AVA. It consists of just over fifteen acres, with eight acres planted to Cabernet Sauvignon and a third of an acre of Petit Verdot. Its location means it is subject to the temperature moderating influence of the San Pablo Bay, resulting in a long growing season with good balance between fruit and acid.
The 2013 Aftermath Cabernet Sauvignon offers savory aromas of herbs de Provence and thyme intermingled with fresh dark fruits of blackberry and cassis. The wine is ripe and open, with hints of oak and cedar carrying through to layers of dark fruit and a touch of black olive on the rich, layered palate. Full-bodied , with supple tannins, it deftly balances fruit and structure to express the property's rocky hillside terroir.
- Item #: 221800Bottle Size: 750mlWinery's Notes: "When we have exceptional wines, we blend with our Consulting Wine Maker Paul Hobbs to create our proprietary blend from the following wines:
59% Clone 337 Cabernet Sauvignon from the Monticello Vineyard
8% Cabernet Sauvignon from the Kreuse Canyon Vinyard
33% Merlot from the Hardman Vineyard
Winemaker's Description: "This is a beautiful wine; smooth, balanced, with an abundance of fruit, fine tannins, with hints of oak."
- Item #: 200560Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is a classic Alexander Valley wine with medium body, great fruit flavors and smooth, structured tannins. Winemaker Kevin Hall added 11% Merlot for structure, a touch of Cabernet Franc for floral notes and Malbec and Petit Verdot for color.
- Item #: 200210Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "Alpha Omega's 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is super-polished, refined and flat-out striking, especially for an appellation-level wine. Dark red cherry, raspberry jam, mocha, cinnamon and rose petals give the 2014 much of its brightness and aromatic presence. This is a terrific, entry-level Cabernet Sauvignon from Alpha Omega. "
ROBERT PARKER 92 POINTS - "Another sexy, open-knit and luscious style of wine is the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa. It is a direct wine, with an extroverted personality offering plenty of red and black fruits, licorice, some toast, and a medium to full-bodied, layered finish. It should drink well for at least 15 years"
- Item #: 200590Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98ROBERT PARKER 98 POINTS - "Bordelais winemaker Pierre Seillan, who makes these wines for the Kendall-Jackson empire, believes that this micro-terroir has exceptional potential. Not far from Peter Michael, it faces southwest and gets refreshing winds off the Pacific through the Petaluma Wind Gap. These are relatively big wines, but every year that I have tasted them, Seillan has fine-tuned the tannins so that they are abundant but sweeter and much better integrated. For those who keep score, these wines are kept 14-16 months in barrel, with the amount of new oak decreasing every year, and alcohol levels of 14.5-14.8%. There are two cuv
- Item #: 211280Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 91ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "A blend of 51% Cabernet Sauvignon, 36% Merlot, 5% Petite Sirah, 5% Syrah and 3% Malbec, the deep garnet-purple colored 2014 Oyster Ridge offers up notions of fresh cassis, cloves, plums, black berries and black cherries with hints of toast and beef drippings. Medium to full-bodied, the taut palate is firmly structured with ripe, grainy tannins. Possessing great harmony and depth, it gives a good long spicy finish."
- Item #: 211220Bottle Size: 750mlThe Ancient Peaks Cabernet Sauvignon comes blocks planted where the sloping terrain straddles rocky sedimentary and shale soils. These soils promote naturally low vigor for the development of intensely flavored fruit. Cold soaked for 48 hours prior to fermentation for a gentle extraction of color and flavor, the wine was racked to a combination of French and American oak barrels, where it aged for 18 months prior to blending and bottling. Small lots of Malbec and Syrah were incorporated into the final blend for added dimension.
The 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon offers warm aromas of blueberry, plum and toasted oak along with classic varietal notes of graphite and black olive. The texture is plump and juicy, cascading across the palate with flavors of black currant and fresh red berries accentuated by hints of roast coffee, anise, tobacco and mineral. Sleek acidity paves the way for an elegant finish framed by smooth tannins.
- Item #: 201410Bottle Size: 750mlCreating a wine blend is the winemaker's version of a painter staring at a blank canvas; the possibilities are endless. Painted Fields has been Andis' red blend since they started making wine in 2008. The 2013 Painted Fields is a rich and full-bodied Bordeaux style blend expressing both elegance and complexity. Layers of brownies, cherries, and strawberry come through on the palate, lingering through a long finish.
- Item #: 200760Bottle Size: 750mlAs the popularity and appreciation of California wines has grown, as has Angeline's awareness of the vast opportunities in excellent, and unique growing regions available to them. Although the North Coast has traditionally set the standard for Cabernet Sauvignon, pockets of distinction have risen throughout the coastal regions of the state from areas such as Sonoma Valley, to as far south as Monterey and Paso Robles. By integrating the diverse characteristics from each of these regions and their vineyards, Angeline is proud to present an effortlessly approachable Cabernet that they feel represents the full potential of our state to produce world-class wines.
This Cabernet is eager to please both Cabernet drinkers and red wine fans alike. The bouquet and front palate is intense with notes of maraschino cherries, elderberry, subtle cassis and a touch of cacao nib. Medium bodied with soft tannins infused with vanilla and light mocha, finishing with bright fresh fruit and a touch of earthiness.
- Item #: 200220Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Nestled high upon Atlas Peak, in the eastern mountains of the Napa Valley lies a majestic property, owned by one of the "royal families" of winemaking; this property is Antica. The name Antica is a combination of the last name Antinori and California, and represents the Antinori family's longstanding desire to craft exceptional estate wines that are a true expression of Napa Valley terroir.
The Antinori family's winemaking history has been synonymous with the famed wine growing regions of Tuscany and Umbria since its inception more than 600 years ago. The Antinori think beyond a single vintage, and instead, think long term when making decisions that will impact the finished wines. Marchese Piero Antinori first visited and fell in love with Napa Valley in 1966, after which he dreamt of producing an Antinori Napa Valley wine. In the mid-1980s, the opportunity presented itself; a 1,200-acre estate on a high plain, in the eastern mountains of Napa Valley. Antinori knew that the property's Atlas Peak location had great potential for growing quality wine grapes, so the family took part in developing the property.
Situated above the fog line, the Antica estate offers a mix of steep, rocky soils in its higher elevations and loamy, well-drained soils in the lower ones. There are more than 50 blocks within the estate, a true patchwork quilt that takes advantage of the variations in soil, elevation, and exposure to best match varietal, rootstock, and clone to attain the ideal expression of Cabernet Sauvignon. The high altitude (1,800 feet) means cooler daytime temperatures, which provides a long growing season, and gives the grapes complexity, enhanced textures, and dark colors. The steep, rocky and well-drained soils result into low yields (three pounds) per vine, but the fully ripened grapes show great structure with concentrated fruit, and focused and persistent flavors. Tannins are ripe, balanced, and integrated.
- Item #: 203330Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Arkenstone sits on a rocky and rugged slope high atop Howell Mountain, looking down into the Napa Valley. The vineyards change in elevation to the tune of 250 feet, and the soils are a mix of Tufa, iron rich red clay, and abundant rocky areas. Even though proprietors Ron and Susan Krausz planted their first vines on the property in 1998, it wasn't until several years later that their first "true" vintage was bottled.
With the help of the talented and famous winemaker Philippe Melka, Ron and Susan tasted many wines and blends from their property for many years. Each year, they listened to which techniques in the vineyard translated to better wine. Again, each year, they fine-tuned these practices until they were sure the vineyard was well-established, trained properly, and were producing world-class wines.
Enter Sam Kaplan; Arkenstone Vineyard Manager and Winemaker since their commercial release. Sam has, since day one at Arkenstone, farmed the vineyards organically. Sam is exceptionally knowledgeable, and not only uses Arkenstone's state-of-the-art winemaking facility to its fullest, but he also knows when to be "hands off", and let the vineyard's own characteristics shine; terroir, if you will.
This is a classic Cabernet Sauvignon with some Mountain Sass. The balance of tannins, minerality, acidity and intense fruit concentration hit all of the notes on the palate and leave you with a satisfyingly long finish. Sourced from vineyards at around 1600 feet of elevation in the Eastern Napa Mountains, this 100% Cabernet Sauvignon fits well into our Portfolio !
- Item #: 201520Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Arrow & Branch proprietors (and Laguna Beach locals) Steve and Seanne Contursi share a great love for the wines of Bordeaux, particularly those produced with a large quantity of Cabernet Franc, such as Ch
- Item #: 201500Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "A deep, powerful wine, the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon (Knights Valley) captures plenty of the depth and intensity of the appellation. In this vintage, the more mineral and savory notes of the year are pretty much covered by the distinctly red-toned fruit. All things considered, this is a fairly approachable style for Knights Valley. The 2014 will drink well with minimal cellaring."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Very deep garnet-purple in color, the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, composed of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 16% Merlot and 4% Malbec, is scented of red currants, blackberries and wild blueberries with touches of olives and underbrush. Medium-bodied, tightly wound and packed with tense red and black fruits, it has a fine-grained texture and savory finish. 9,600 cases were produced."
- Item #: 201090Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 95ANTONIO GALLONI 95 POINTS - "The 2014 Au Sommet is another very pretty and expressive wine from proprietor John Schwartz and winemaker Heidi Barrett. Au Sommet emerges from Schwartz's property on Atlas Peak right across the road from Kongsgaard."
"The 2014 Au Sommet is one of the best wines I have tasted off this property on Atlas Peak. Aromatic, intense and yet also light on its feet, the 2014 speaks to weightless intensity. A host of sweet tobacco, cedar, menthol, dried herbs and licorice add nuance throughout. A wine of translucent, understated power, the 2014 is wonderfully complete. Drink it over the next decade or so."
ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS - "Black/purple in color, the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Au Sommet is 96% Cabernet Sauvignon and 4% Petit Verdot coming from Atlas Peak in the western Vaca Mountain range. Background espresso, cassis, earth and graphite are present in this full-bodied, rich and promising wine. It is still young, but should evolve gracefully, while offering immediate drinkability as well as further development over the next 15-20 years."
- Item #: 201075Bottle Size: 750mlAuspicion is a proprietary label crafted by Opici Wines honoring the history of California winemaking. Fresh and fruit-forward selections are produced using grapes sourced from the finest varietals across northern California (this Cab is sourced from Napa, Lodi and Paso Robles). Brought to you by the Opici family, this collection embodies their tradition of delivering top quality wines at an excellent value.
Opici Wines (founded in 2013) is an importer and producer of fine wines, artisanal spirits and craft beers from around the globe. They were named "Importer of the Year" in 2014 by Wine Enthusiast Magazine in their annual Wine Star Awards-- so they know a thing or two about great wines. That they were able to make a California Cab that's as good as this wine is, for the price we are able to sell it for, is simply amazing! We sampled a few different bottles to make sure it's the real deal and are happy to report that in no uncertain terms, it is!
Tasting Notes - In the nose, sweet notes of strawberry, cherry and red plum are tempered with light wood spice and fruit leather. The palate has a soft entry filled with sweet fruits echoing the nose, balanced with silky tannins and light acidity. Red berries and cherry kirsch are topped with a touch of cocoa nibs and vanilla; the fruit flavors are the star of the show as the finish lingers nicely. This is a balanced, beautiful Cab that pairs with not only summer foods (barbecued meats, charcuterie, picnic foods), but also warm weather.
- Item #: 201220Bottle Size: 750MLWith everyone feeling the pinch of the economy, value once again moves to the forefront with this wine! Sourced from sundry vineyards throughout Lodi, this little gem will make friends and influence people at a price that's sure to make your pocketbook smile! This lighter-styled Cabernet proffers a juicy, versatile palate. The wine leads off with a warm nose of cherry/berry, red currant fruit reiterated to the palate in conjunction with slight hints of cedar, boysenberry, sweet smoke and spice.
- Item #: 202460Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of 76% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Merlot, 9% Petit Verdot, and 4% Cabernet Franc, the 2012 "Barrouge" has a wonderful blackberry aroma with hints of sweet vanilla and cocoa. The palate is loaded with red fruit flavors of raspberry and red cherry with hints of plum. The wine finishes with soft elegant tannins and touches of roasted almond and vanilla derived from the French oak. Enjoy now or many years in the future!!!
- Item #: 215000Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS - "There is nothing bare-bones about the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Cemetery. A beautiful wine with plenty of blueberry and black raspberry fruit and white acacia flowers, this full-bodied, impressively proportioned, deep, concentrated Cabernet Sauvignon should age effortlessly for 20 or more years. The tannins are supple, the wine velvety, voluptuous and altogether a hedonistic turn-on. It can be drunk now, or, again, cellared for two-plus decades."
- Item #: 204350Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine was made with grapes grown with certified sustainable farming methods. Benziger's sustainable philosophy promotes natural vineyard management, restoration of the land and biodiversity on the estate. Benziger's Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon is very inviting with aromas of black olive and savory, dark fruit. Its well weighted structure and integrated tannins add a light chalkiness to the palate. Flavors of black currant, Bing cherry and juicy plum endure from start to finish, as hints of tea and cocoa help support the mid-palate.