Scotch whisky, often simply called Scotch, is malt whisky or grain whisky made in Scotland. Scotch whisky must be made in a manner specified by law. All Scotch was originally made from malted barley. Commercial distilleries began introducing whisky made from wheat and rye in the late 18th century. Scotch is divided into five distinct categories: single malt Scotch whisky, single grain Scotch whisky, blended malt Scotch whisky, blended grain Scotch whisky, and blended Scotch whisky. Scotch must be aged in oak barrels for at least three years and one day. Any age statement on a bottle, expressed in numerical form, must reflect the age of the youngest whisky used to produce that product. Many Scotch whisky drinkers will refer to a unit for drinking as a dram.
- Item #: i_166152Bottle Size: 750MLABERFELDY 12 YEAR 80PROOF THE HEART OF DEWARS
Aberfeldy Distillery, built by the Dewar family, opened in 1898 in the town of Aberfeldy, in Highland Perthshire - the very heart of Scotland. Aberfeldy Distillery was purposely built to produce the high quality Highland Single Malt, with its characteristic heather-honey note, that lies at the heart of Dewar's balanced blends. Although reserved for decades exclusively for creating Dewar's blends, this exceptional single malt, Aberfeldy, is now being released in limited quantities. Aberfeldy 12 Year Old is noted for its heather honey nose, full body and well rounded taste. The finish is dry and elegant with pronounced perfumed, spicy characteristics and a hint of orange peel. Experts define Aberfeldy 12 as having attributes of premium malts with longer age.
- Item #: i_166153Bottle Size: 750MLABERFELDY 21 YEAR 80 PROOF
THE HEART OF DEWARS EACH BOTTLE NUMBERED
Cask: Bourbon and sherry.Colour: Deep gold with yellow highlights. Nose: A pleasing aroma of heathery honey, followed by a fruity softness, hints of vanilla and burnt wood. Palate: Full flavoured with touches of Seville oranges lingering on the tongue like a good liqueur. Finish: Long, spicy with a decidedly dry finish.
- Item #: i_162214Bottle Size: 750mlDOUBLE MATURED 80 PROOF.
Only spirit which has been matured for 12 years in fresh new Oloroso Sherry Butts has been selected for this product. This results in a unique style of Aberlour where the Distillery character is complemented by the effect of highly active 'new' wood.
Appearance: Deep red amber colour where the influence of new sherry cask is at work.
Taste: Honey, Sweet Sherry, Christmas Cake Richness, Nutty and Oaky. Rich texture with a more heavy character.
Nose: Sherried and Buttery. Slightly Smoky. Ripe Apples.
Finish: Warming, Gingery, Becoming Dry.
- Item #: i_166274Bottle Size: 750MLABERLOUR 16 YEAR DOUBLE CASK MATURED (BOURBON CASK & SHERRY CASK) 80 PROOF
This whisky was aged in American Oak and also sherry barrels. This is not your typical Aberlour; this whisky is very rich in color but the nose and body are incredibly delicate compared to the rest Aberlour's lineup. As we're big fans of Aberlour already, something new and different from them is always welcome.
The nose has delicate malted barley, apple and cane sugar. On the palate there are notes of cereal, brown maple sugar, some dates and just a hint of peat. The finish is delicate with sherry, peat and pine. If you like delicate whiskies check this one out.
- Item #: i_162066Bottle Size: 750MLA'bunadh, Gaelic for "of the origin", is matured exclusively in Oloroso ex-sherry butts. It is a natural cask-strength malt whisky produced without the use of modern-day chill filtering methods or the addition of water.
Colour: Deep< rich amber
Nose: Aromas of mixed spices, praline and spiced orange harmonising with rich, deep notes of Oloroso sherry
Palate: Orange, black cherries, dried fruit and ginger spiked with dark bitter chocolate and enriched with sherry and oak. Full bodied and creamy
Finish: Robust and intense with bitter-sweet notes of exotic spices, dark chocolate and oak
- Item #: 106780Bottle Size: 750mlIntroduced in the latter half of 2014, the 18 year old anCnoc single malt Scotch whisky from the Knockdhu distillery was matured in a combination of European oak ex-Sherry and American oak ex-bourbon casks. Following maturation, this handsome Highland whisky is bottled without chill-filtration or additional colours.
Nose: Unrefined sugar and satisfying raw honey with blood orange and satsuma segments.
Palate: Honey'd and spiced. Vanilla, lemon, gooseberry and fig rolls.
Finish: A long finish with warming Sherried spice.
- Item #: 106585Bottle Size: 750ml24 year old anCnoc single malt Scotch whisky from the Knockdhu distillery up in the Highlands. An expression not often seen on these shores, this is a citrus-forward dram (think lemon peels and home-made marmalade - and lots of it!) with creamy vanilla toffee, honey'd barley, old leather and oak-y hints rounding it out.
- Item #: i_162355Bottle Size: 750MLDistiller Notes:
AROMA - Exceptional balance and depth. At full strength, the aroma is a beguiling mix of toffee and chocolate sweetness, cinnamon spice and medicinal phenols. Fresh citrus and floral notes of white wine are evident, as are melon, pear drops and a gentle creaminess. There is also the fresh phenolic aroma of sea spray and smoked fish. Hickory and coffee emerge later as the most volatile top notes fade. With water, the depth of the peat opens up, at once revealing layers of phenols with gristy peat and and leather followed by medicinal phenols (carbolic soap) and a whiff of wood smoke. However, the sweetness of vanilla and the fragrance of citrus fruits are never far behind, maintaining the balance and intrigue.
TASTE - An initial moderate and clean sweetness of deep peat notes, with tobacco smoke and strong espresso coffee, which then gives way to treacle sweetness and liquorice.The mouthfeel is firstly lightly spiced, then chewing, and mouthwatering and full, finally drying.
FINISH - Long and smoky. A smoky sweetness is left on the palate, with a crushed peat and sweet-malted cereal character.In 2008, Whisky expert Jim Murray named it ?World Whisky of the Year?
- Item #: i_112239Bottle Size: 750ml#6 ON WHISKY ADVOCATE TOP 20 WHISKIES OF 2017
WHISKEY ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Ardbeg doles out occasional limited releases for their avid fans, but for nearly a decade the core range consisted of just three whiskies: 10 year old, Uigeadail, and Corryvreckan. The addition of An Oa, matured in a combination of virgin oak, Pedro Ximénez sherry, and bourbon barrels, and married in a French oak ‘gathering vat’ prior to bottling, marks a reason to celebrate. An Oa is a more approachable Ardbeg. It lacks some of the typical oiliness, but flavor and complexity abound with hot peat, black tea, and peppery cloves. Die-hard Ardbeg fans should have no complaints, and new converts have a real treat in store." - Gavin Smith
- Item #: i_167950Bottle Size: 750MLCorryvreckan is the color of burnished gold in the glass. The nose is provocatively inviting with full-bodied, intense and vigorous aromas that lead with fleshy smoke, straw, dried crab-apple, roasted pecans, candied lemon, golden raisins, dates and caramel prolifically articulating while delicate verbena and fennel waft in the background to create an enticing invocation of scents. These aromas, so tantalizing and full, resolve with deliberation on the palate—they are vital and meditative; these supple flavors are joined by sea salt, dry vegetal tones, vibrant pepper nuance and the peaty-beauty intensifies. The finish lingers blessedly and includes smoke—cured back—bacon, mesquite, camphor with rich honey tones, tree—fruit and roasted oily- nuts to an earthy quiet fade. Like everything that Ardbeg makes, Corryvreckan is impressive, a welcomed extension to an amazing line up of wonderful whisky— each one exciting, contemplative, and vibrant.
- Item #: i_165410Bottle Size: 750MLA fine drop of Ardbeg bottled at cask strength. It`s an earthy whisky with a bit of spice - a marriage of Ardbeg from bourbon barrel and sherry butt which gives a sweet and smokey finish to this malt at Uigeadail is the loch from which all Ardbeg water flows and you can suck up the Islay landscape with a dram of this fine whisky. Winner of World Whisky of The Year title in Jim Murray`s 2009 Whisky Bible. 750ML,
- Item #: 167212Bottle Size: 750MLTasting Notes for Ardmore Traditional Cask Peated Highland Single Malt:
Colour: Burnished Gold Nose At bottle strength the influence of the two styles of maturation casks compliment each other producing a full bodied smooth aroma. The maturity that shows through comes from the America barrels and the spicy creamy nose from the old style smaller casks. A touch of water allows the full complexity of the Highland Peated Malt to appear. The rich softness linked with smooth, slightly dry aroma is combined with just enough earthy peat smoke to avoid being overpowering.
Palate: At bottle strength the full rich flavours burst and fill the mouth with a creamy peat tang and a touch of vanilla
- Item #: 101160Bottle Size: 750MLAuchentoshan 12 Year Old Lowland Single Malt
Triple distilled then matured for over twelve years. Our Lowland Single Malt Whisky has the tempting aroma of toasted almonds, caramelised toffee and the signature smooth, delicate, Auchentoshan taste.
To The Eye - Golden honey.
To The Nose - Crème brulee, a burst of citrus and the signature nuttiness and green leafiness of Auchentoshan.
To The Tongue - Smooth and sweet with hints of tangerine and lime.
To The End - Gingery and slightly drying, with a pleasant lingering nuttiness.
- Item #: 166303Bottle Size: 750MLTriple distilled and matured in American bourbon oak for over eighteen years. The result: a refreshing Lowland single malt whisky with the added infusion of ripe citrus and green tea, the warmth of toasted almonds and the signature smooth, delicate, Auchentoshan taste.
To The Eye - Deep golden summer barley.
To The Nose - Fresh tobacco leaf - then sweet with a hint of caramelised sugars, green tea and toasted almonds.
To The Tongue - A floral freshness with sweet barley sugar at first - this gently ebbs to reveal a tangerine zestiness. The palate is left alive and refreshed.
To The End - A long, lingering and well balanced dram that invigorates the mouth.
- Item #: i_105167Bottle Size: 750mlIf you’re a bourbon drinker who’s been curious about dabbling into a single malt but have been afraid of those fiery smoke bombs, then you’re in for a treat. I know Scotch whiskies can get really expensive, so it’s difficult to make that transition when you can get a solid bourbon for $25. In my humble opinion, I find that the party doesn’t officially start for a good sipper until you drop $40 (general rule of thumb, though I’ve come across some great $20 Scotches in my time). Auchentoshan American Oak is aged in first fill ex-bourbon casks, so you’ll find that some of this Scotch’s characteristics may be similar to bourbons. Here, on the tongue, I get notes of honey, caramel, almond skins and undertones of citrus when having it neat. Yes, it’s a young whisky, but a well-balanced one. Another key note that makes Auchentoshan unique is that it’s triple distilled, while most Scotches go through a double distillation process. As a result, you may get a lighter mouthfeel than other Scotches that have been distilled twice and find it to be approachable on the palate.
- Item #: 104273Bottle Size: 750mlAuchentoshan Virgin Oak Single Malt Scotch Whisky is matured exclusively in newly charred casks crafted from North American oak. While Scotch has traditionally been matured in used sherry, port and bourbon casks, the use of new oak casks to finish whisky is another weapon in a distillery's arsenal and allows the whisky to enjoy the sweeter and more complex flavors of virgin wood. Following maturation, the whisky is bottled without the use of chill filtration or artificial coloring.
The whisky has an aroma of banana custard, creamy vanilla and caramel apples. The aroma gives way to notes of spiced fruits (particularly kiwi, oranges and apples) on the palate, and ends with a touch of spiced pears.
- Item #: 102020Bottle Size: 750MLNose: Buttered toast, peaches poached in syrup, touch of heather root.
Palate: Fade-in-fade-out of malty and fruity flavours. Biscuity. Orange zest and nougatine.
Finish: Reasonably long, echoing maltiness and almond milk.