- Item #: i_300139Bottle Size: 750mlTHIS IS IT... the "O.Z.", (Original Zinfandel)
Crljenak Kaštelanski was an almost extinct Dalmatian grape varietal until DNA fingerprinting revealed that it was an exact DNA match to both Zinfandel and the Italian grape Primitivo.
Dubrovacki's Crljenak Kaštelanski vines were planted in 2007 above the village of Cavtat, in a new 12 hectare vineyard called Mrcevlje. The average yield per vine for the 2015 vintage was 1.13 kg. After a 5-day maceration and a 30-day fermentation, the wine spent one year in used oak, a combination of 225 and 500 liters Croatian and Hungarian oak barrels. After 2 months in stainless steel, the wine was bottled without fining or filtering. This medium-bodied Zin features aromas and flavors of raspberries and blackberries. Serve with beef, lamb or sausages.
- Item #: i_372397Bottle Size: 750mlThis amber/orange wine comes from the Telavi wine district of the Republic of Georgia. It is composed of the ancient Georgian white grape variety, Rkatsiteli, fermented and aged on the skins in traditional clay amphora (Qvevri).
- Item #: i_372396Bottle Size: 750mlSansigot is a red variety that, before the 1950s, made up about 20 percent of black grapes growing on the Croatian island, Krk. It is also grown on the tiny island of Susak to the southwest, where it is described as yielding “deeply colored, full-bodied wines” (Robinson, et al, Wine Grapes). On Krk, Ivica Dobrincic of Sipun (she-poon) Winery makes a varietal Sansigot that is light to medium bodied, with a delicate floral aroma, cherry-like fruit and low tannins.
- Item #: i_372602Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90The inky-colored 2015 Vranac Special Selection (100% Vranac, which is the local grape of North Macedonia) offers upfront, voluptuous levels of black raspberry, plum, violets and spring flowers. Full-bodied and featuring lots of fruit in the mouth it nevertheless has fabulous purity and good freshness. Jeb Dunnuck 90 “A smoking value as well as a custom blend by importer Eric Solomon and consultant Philippe Cambie, the 2015 Vranec Special Selection Old Vines is inky colored and offers a ripe, Paso Robles Zinfandel-like profile in its plum, spice, tobacco and earth-laced bouquet. Rounded, supple, polished and pure, it has loads to love and is a total steal at the price. This cuvée is 100% Vranec that spent 12 months in French oak.”~J.D.
- Item #: i_372486Bottle Size: 750mlClassic Vranac of Petropavlovo polje with distinctive flavors of dried cranberry and pleasant notes of overdone bread. The taste is very refreshing, with particular tones of fresh berries. Acids are living, vibrant, and last to the very finish, in which a pure flavor of ripe cherry is distinguished.
- Item #: i_372460Bottle Size: 750mlThis deep ruby wine has a nose of pomegranate and white chocolate. Silky tannins provide a rich mouthfeel and offer a backdrop for flavors of black plum, raspberry, anisette and espresso bean that head off into a baking spice finish. WE 92 points.
From the winery: In the village of Rind, the Areni grape thrives in rich volcanic and limestone soils. Hot summers are tempered by cooler temperatures at these high elevation sites, and water is provided by the melting snow caps atop Mount Ararat. Our Areni wine expresses the unique characteristics of this ancient variety with the focus and purity that modern winemaking techniques provide. Vineyard source: Rind, Vayots Dzor Varietal composition: 100% Areni Wine profile: aromas of red berries, black cherries, floral notes of violets, and dried red fruits mirror the flavors, which are both intense and elegant on the palate. A ripe and powerful tannic structure and refreshing acidity bring balance to the fruit flavors, culminating in a complex yet harmonious finish. Elevation: over 1,300 meters (4,000 feet) Winemaking: fermentation and aging in stainless steel Production: 1,100 cases