- Item #: i_300139Bottle Size: 750mlTHIS IS IT... the "O.Z.", (Original Zinfandel)
Crljenak Kaštelanski was an almost extinct Dalmatian grape varietal until DNA fingerprinting revealed that it was an exact DNA match to both Zinfandel and the Italian grape Primitivo.
Dubrovacki's Crljenak Kaštelanski vines were planted in 2007 above the village of Cavtat, in a new 12 hectare vineyard called Mrcevlje. The average yield per vine for the 2015 vintage was 1.13 kg. After a 5-day maceration and a 30-day fermentation, the wine spent one year in used oak, a combination of 225 and 500 liters Croatian and Hungarian oak barrels. After 2 months in stainless steel, the wine was bottled without fining or filtering. This medium-bodied Zin features aromas and flavors of raspberries and blackberries. Serve with beef, lamb or sausages.
- Item #: i_372390Bottle Size: 750mlPasaeli K2 is a blend of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Cabernet Franc, 5% Merlot, and 5% Petit Verdot grown in the Serez vineyard in Kaynaklar - Izmir. After fermentation, the wine is aged for 12 months in French oak. This is the winery's best seller in Turkey, and has gained them some notoriety with Jancis Robinson, among other critics, over the years. The nose has rich aromas of sweet, ripe cassis and blackberry.
- Item #: i_372397Bottle Size: 750mlThis amber/orange wine comes from the Telavi wine district of the Republic of Georgia. It is composed of the ancient Georgian white grape variety, Rkatsiteli, fermented and aged on the skins in traditional clay amphora (Qvevri).
- Item #: i_372396Bottle Size: 750mlSansigot is a red variety that, before the 1950s, made up about 20 percent of black grapes growing on the Croatian island, Krk. It is also grown on the tiny island of Susak to the southwest, where it is described as yielding “deeply colored, full-bodied wines” (Robinson, et al, Wine Grapes). On Krk, Ivica Dobrincic of Sipun (she-poon) Winery makes a varietal Sansigot that is light to medium bodied, with a delicate floral aroma, cherry-like fruit and low tannins.
- Item #: i_372458Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2015 Barovo is a blend of 65% Kratosija and 35% Vranec (both indigenous grape varieties) that was aged half in new barrels and half in concrete tank. Coming from vineyards lying at 1700 meters and inky black in color, it offers aromas and flavors of blackcurrants, earth, melted licorice, chocolate and ripe herbs. With full-bodied richness, layers of sweet fruit and no hard edges, it’s a great value to drink over the coming 3-4 years.
Decanter Maazine 97 points: "Simply a beautiful wine from one of Macedonia’s highest vineyards, blended from old vines of Kratošija (65%) and Vranec. It shows lovely bilberry and bramble fruit, fine acids and a finish like liquid silk." Caroline Gilby MW Drinking Window 2019 - 2021
- Item #: i_372486Bottle Size: 750mlClassic Vranac of Petropavlovo polje with distinctive flavors of dried cranberry and pleasant notes of overdone bread. The taste is very refreshing, with particular tones of fresh berries. Acids are living, vibrant, and last to the very finish, in which a pure flavor of ripe cherry is distinguished.
- Item #: i_372460Bottle Size: 750mlThis deep ruby wine has a nose of pomegranate and white chocolate. Silky tannins provide a rich mouthfeel and offer a backdrop for flavors of black plum, raspberry, anisette and espresso bean that head off into a baking spice finish. WE 92 points.
From the winery: In the village of Rind, the Areni grape thrives in rich volcanic and limestone soils. Hot summers are tempered by cooler temperatures at these high elevation sites, and water is provided by the melting snow caps atop Mount Ararat. Our Areni wine expresses the unique characteristics of this ancient variety with the focus and purity that modern winemaking techniques provide. Vineyard source: Rind, Vayots Dzor Varietal composition: 100% Areni Wine profile: aromas of red berries, black cherries, floral notes of violets, and dried red fruits mirror the flavors, which are both intense and elegant on the palate. A ripe and powerful tannic structure and refreshing acidity bring balance to the fruit flavors, culminating in a complex yet harmonious finish. Elevation: over 1,300 meters (4,000 feet) Winemaking: fermentation and aging in stainless steel Production: 1,100 cases