- Item #: i_372590Bottle Size: 750mlFeteasca Neagra (Black Maiden in English) is an old grape variety native to Romania and Moldova. This medium to full-bodied red displays aromas and flavors of blackberries, dark cherries, plums and chocolate. The finish is smooth and dry.
- Item #: i_372430Bottle Size: 1LThe Crnko farm is located on the eastern side of Slovenia, north of Maribor and just south of the Austrian border. All the fruit is estate grown and comes from the family's 6 hectares of mixed white varietals. The vines are planted in the region's unique marl soils and sustainably farmed. This charming white is a blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Ravenec (Muller-Thurgau), Laski Riesling (Welschriesling). It has only 11% alcohol and is as drinkable and refreshing as wine comes. Riesling dominates the aromatics offering juicy tangerine and quince notes to the silty minerality that Crnko wines often share. As a beverage it is thirst quenching and light on its feet with invigorating acidity that makes it difficult to set down. During the summers in the village of Jarenina, locals mix it with sparkling water and then proceed to consume it long into the night.
- Item #: i_372443Bottle Size: 750MLThis pleasant, clean, fruity yet crisp Pinot Grigio comes to us from father and son team Edi and Aleks Simcic (SEEM chitch) in the Primorska region of Slovenia, just a stone's throw from Italy's Friulian border and the Colli Orientali. Green apples on the nose; good fruit in the mouth balanced by good acidity on the finish. Great value!
- Item #: i_372566Bottle Size: 750mlThis dry, flavorful white offers aromas and flavors of citrus, ripe yellow plums, apple and chamomile. Round and rich in the mouth it finishes with crisp flavors of Meyer lemon. Voskeat is an old grape variety which probably originated in Western Armenia. During the Soviet occupation it was mainly used to make fortified or sparkling wine. Today Armenian winemakers are making delicious, dry table wines from this grape.
- Item #: i_302556Bottle Size: 750mlJAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS "A fun, delicious red with an attractive interplay of ripe-berry, chocolate, and tar character. It's full-bodied and round in texture. Delicious finish. Cabernet Sauvignon, syrah, tempranillo, and caladoc. Drink now or hold."
This red, sourced from high altitude vineyards in Lebanon's Batroun district, is composed of 35% Cabernet Sauvignon; 26% Caladoc (a cross of Malbec and Grenache); 22% Syrah and 17% Tempranillo. Decanter magazine describes Ixsir's Altitudes Rouge as: "... a beautifully integrated wine made with the help of Chateau Angelus' Hubert de Bouard. Lifted cassis, capsicum, herbs and violets meld with silky tannins and fresh acidity."
- Item #: i_372574Bottle Size: 750mlThe Karas red is an elegant, fruit forward blend of 35% Syrah; 35% Malbec; 20% Cabernet Franc and 10% Tannat. Full bodied with balanced fruit, this ruby red wine has rich flavors of red and black berries leading to a long finish. The Armavir region, located at the base of Mount Ararat, is known for its higher levation climate and volcanic soil.
- Item #: i_372593Bottle Size: 750mlSkrlet (Skirlet) is an ancient Croatian white grape variety that is grown on about 60 hectares in the Moslavina region of northeastern Croatia. It typically produces low sugars and high natural acidity and is often made into sparkling wine although this is a still wine. Winemaker Ivan Kosovec describes his 2017 Skrlet: "It is a true and specific Skrlet from a very warm year, full with character ... Complex on the nose with aromas of ripe fruit (peach, quince, apples, pear) with hints of green herbs and spices, very dry with high extracts, nice balance and acidity, succulent and juicy".
- Item #: i_372398Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats. This full-bodied red is a blend of Syrah and Tempranillo. Aromas of violets (and a hint of mocha) lead to black currant flavors on the palate.
- Item #: i_372386Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a delightful blend of organically farmed Cabernet Sauvignon (80%), Carignan (10%) and 10% Marselan (a crossing of Grenache and Cabernet Sauvignon) from the Zaer region of Morocco. La Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are organically farmed, hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats. Winemaker Jaques Poulain believes in farming harmoniously with nature.
- Item #: i_372560Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2018 Terres Blanches from La Ferme Rouge is composed of organically farmed Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Viognier. The nose displays aromas of acacia flowers and citrus fruits, with a touch of apricot and white peaches. This aromatic complexity quickly gives way to a lively attack on the palate leading to round, mouthfilling flavors and a dry, elegant finish.
La Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are organically farmed, hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats. Winemaker Jaques Poulain believes in farming harmoniously with nature.
- Item #: i_372380Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats.
The 2019 Le Gris is composed of 100% Cinsault. This rose has a lovely pink color and aromas of fresh berries on the nose. On the palate rich red berry and peach flavors lead to a clean dry finish.
- Item #: i_372340Bottle Size: 750mlNaturally sweet on the palate, warm, velvety with delicate fruit flavors. Complements soft cheeses, sweet meat and fish dishes and all desserts.
- Item #: i_372442Bottle Size: 750mlThis delightful red comes to us from Lebanon's famous Chateau Musar located in the Bekka Valley. The Jeune red is an unoaked blend of 50% Cinsault; 30% Syrah and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon. Rich fruit leads to a soft, dry finish. Recommended by Eric Asimov for the New York Times wine school.
- Item #: i_372413Bottle Size: 750MLMontenegro is a small country across the Adriatic from Southern Italy. There is a long tradition of viticulture in Montenegro dating back to at least the second century BC. Vranac is an ancient red grape varietal native to the Balkans. It is widely assumed that it is a relative of Plavac Mali (Croatia) which is the descendent of a naturally occurring hybrid of Zinfandel (Crljenak Kastelanski) and Dobricic. Like Plavac and Zinfandel, Vranac displays a dark ruby color and a fairly full body. The Pro Corde by Plantaze Winery is a reserve quality example of an extremely well-made Vranac. This crowd pleaser sports a deep, almost purple color with deep rich black fruit flavors. Black berries and supple cherry tones dominate the aromas, bursting into a pleasurable harmonious experience on the palate. At the same time there are smoky or savory elements, like some Rhone reds. This is great with cheese, smoked meats, sausages, grilled vegetables and, of course, a nice cut of steak.
- Item #: i_372397Bottle Size: 750mlThis amber/orange wine comes from the Telavi wine district of the Republic of Georgia. It is composed of the ancient Georgian white grape variety, Rkatsiteli, fermented and aged on the skins in traditional clay amphora (Qvevri).
- Item #: i_300140Bottle Size: 750mlFrom the Kakheti region of the Republic of Georgia, this darkly-colored Saperavi displays aromas and flavors of Bing cherries and blackberries. The finish is smooth and dry.
- Item #: i_372700Bottle Size: 750mlA wine that showcases one of Turkey's hidden gems, the grape Kalecik Karasi, it holds a delicate structure that provides easy charm through its gentle, smooth tannins and rich berry fruit and a lingering mocha note to finish.
- Item #: i_300020Bottle Size: 750mlSlavcek is a family winery with a two-hundred-year history in the Vipava Valley. It is currenty run by Franc Vodopivec who practices organic farming and natural winemaking. This delightful Sivi Pinot (Pinot Grigio) has a slight pink color because of 24 hours of maceration (skin contact). The wine is fermented in 50% 15-year-old oak barrels and 50% stainless steel. Only native yeasts are used and malolactic fermentation occurs spontaneously. The wine is aged in 25% old acacia barrels, 25% old oak foudres and 50% very large foudres. After clarification for a month in stainless steel it is racked and bottled unfiltered. This delicious dry white offers elegant fruit aromas and flavors balanced by crisp minerality.
- Item #: i_372486Bottle Size: 750mlClassic Vranac (a relative of Zinfandel) with distinctive flavors of dried cranberry and pleasant notes of toasted bread. The taste is very refreshing, with flavors of fresh berries. Acids are lively, vibrant, and last to the finish, in which a pure flavor of ripe cherry is distinguished. Made by Serbian Orthodox monks. Aged for two years in old Monastic barrels. Limited availability.