- Item #: i_352610Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS: "The most youthfully reserved wine in the cellar was the 2018 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru, a promising bottling that opens up to reveal scents of citrus zest, dried white flowers, green apple and pastry cream. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, layered and multidimensional, with racy acids and prodigious levels of searingly chalky dry extract that lend this wine incredible structure."
- Item #: i_352167Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Boillot's emblematic 2018 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Mouchère has turned out brilliantly, wafting from the glass with aromas of pear, hazelnut, dried white flowers, citrus oil, blanched almonds and smoke. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and multidimensional, with terrific concentration, searing levels of extract and a long, mineral finish."
- Item #: i_352171Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Aromas of citrus oil, white flowers, blanched almonds and crushed chalk preface the 2018 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Perrières, a medium to full-bodied, racy and incisive wine that's chalky and tensile, with lively acids and a saline finish. This has turned out very well indeed."
- Item #: i_350403Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER MAGAZINE 92 POINTS: "This reveals a complex bouquet of poached pear, citrus zest, juicy apple and white flowers, leading into a glossy palate underpinned by lovely minerality and acidity. Delicious stuff."
- Item #: i_351512Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Aromas of cassis, dark plums, baking chocolate and rosehip introduce the 2016 Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru Clos de la Maréchale, a full-bodied, rich and layered wine with a broad-shouldered chassis of fine, stony tannins that are entirely enveloped in fleshy, gourmand fruit. This vintage is atypically rich and concentrated, so it's hard to predict if and when it will shut down."
VINOUS 93 POINTS - "(just over 14% alcohol; 40% of the crop was lost to frost): Bright red-ruby; the darkest of these 2016s. Also the fruitiest on the nose, with black cherry and dark raspberry aromas complemented by smoky minerality. Powerful, rich and chewy, showing good inner-mouth energy and savory complexity to its dense flavors of black cherry, dark chocolate and menthol. Finishes fresh, sweet and long, with tongue-saturating tannins that are more obvious than those of Mugnier's '16s from Chambolle-Musigny but essentially smooth. This wine reminded me of a 2015 in style, although today all of Mugnier's 2016s share some of the earlier vintage's full ripeness and volume."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "This is appealingly super-fresh with its cool array of red currant, plum, earth and soft wisps of violet and lavender. The supple, round and utterly delicious medium-bodied flavors possess a really lovely mouthfeel thanks to the relatively fine-grained tannins that also shape the punchy, dusty and serious finale. I like the sense of harmony and this notably complex effort should be easily capable of rewarding 10 to 12 years of cellaring and holding for much longer."
- Item #: i_350506Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93ROBERT PARKER 91-93 POINTS: "The 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Morgeot Clos de la Chapelle (Domaine du Duc de Magenta) unfurls in the glass with aromas of fresh peach, buttered apples, almond paste and honeycomb. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, satiny and concentrated, with bright acids, impressive energy and tension and a long, tangy finish. This is another white well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_352309Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru reveals aromas of lemon oil, beeswax, pastry cream and nutmeg. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, tensile and chalky, with a reserved, structural profile."
- Item #: i_350870Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Wine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Enticing aromas of vanilla, citronella, hazelnut and lime are the hallmarks of this creamy white. Harmonious and complex, lingering on the finish and fading gracefully, with echoes of spice and citrus."
WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS - "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos du Cailleret offers up notes of mandarin, lemon oil, smoke, dried white flowers and candle wax. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, with a tighter-knit, more tensile profile than the Clos de la Pucelle, built around tangy acids and chalky extract. This looks to be the finest premier cru in the Chartron cellar this year."
- Item #: i_352308Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS: "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Pucelle displays a lovely bouquet of fresh peach, yellow orchard fruit, beeswax and white flowers. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and broad shouldered, with lovely depth at the core, fresh acids and a long, expansive finish. It's an especially complete wine this year. Chartron will also be releasing a small barrel selection as a "Cuvée Centennaire" to commemorate the acquisition of this clos in 1917. The 2017 vintage is a decided success for Domaine Jean Chartron, an excellent source of pure and precise Puligny that deserves more recognition. Over the last decade, Jean-Michel Chartron has masterminded a quiet renaissance at this important estate. Winemaking here is classical, with modest percentages of new oak and fermentation and élevage in barrel, with the wines often spending a few months in stainless steel before bottling after a light fining. In 2017, the domaine will celebrate the acquisition in 1917 of its three important enclosed vineyards—the Clos des Chevaliers, the Clos de la Pucelle and the Clos du Cailleret—with a small special cuvée from each, and based on what I tasted, I suspect those wines will be well worth a special effort to seek out."
- Item #: i_353460Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94 PointsDecanter: 94 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Jean-Claude Bessin only makes 5,000 bottles of this old vine cuvée from a lieu-dit within the larger Fourchaume Premier Cru. Combining stainless steel and oaked components, it's rich, concentrated and appealingly honeyed, with subtle wood spices, a thread of minerality and a pure, focused, enticingly balance finish. These are never wines that have to try too hard."
- Item #: i_353461Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95 PointsDecanter: 95 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The domaine's holdings extend over 2ha and are located next to Les Clos, with a west and north-west orientation. Combining vines of different ages and a mixture of stainless steel and oaked components, this is a wine that will reward patience. Vanilla spice, white flowers and subtle iodine notes combine beautifully on the palate here with salinity providing freshness on the finish."
- Item #: i_351515Bottle Size: 750mlA particularly well-defined 'village' Puligny with an exotic floral-fruit nose, great intensity and richness, all balanced by a fresh acidity. Definitely punching above its weight and exhibiting all the style and balance. Aromas of summer fruit and ripe plums. Good intensity on the palate with a steely focus and a long, intense finish.
- Item #: i_345258Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS 92-94 POINTS - " The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet Les Folatières 1er Cru, Alain Chavy’s favourite amongst his Premier Cru Puligny, has a taut, stony bouquet that shows a little more vivacity than the other Premier Crus at the moment. The palate is fresh and vibrant with crisp acidity, fine nervosité with a precise finish that is clearly a step above its "siblings". Excellent and I concur with its creator - this is one of the domaine's standouts."
- Item #: i_352571Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 92 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "Faint reduction lends a little yeasty funk to the nose of this wine. The palate then presents a sense of fresh ripeness. Notions of ripe apple and fresh Mirabelle are countered by breezy freshness that comes with a zesty, pithy texture. Altogether this wine is balanced, fresh and has verve, energy and liveliness in this warm vintage."
- Item #: i_350709Bottle Size: 750mlVINEYARDS ARE FARMED ORGANICALLY
Jean-Marc’s commitment to a bright, chiseled, thoroughbred style of Meursault, while many other wines of this village tend towards richness and concentration. Jean-Marc’s wines certainly express a certain depth and sumptuousness thanks to the appellation’s terroir, however his wines also show focus and restraint. Their elegance and amazing precision lend themselves to long aging in the cellars. Jean-Marc loves cooking believes the strong mineral backbone of his wines and their fresh acidity marry well with food. This is why one is more likely to find their wines in restaurants rather than in wine shops.
- Item #: i_353456Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Blanchots Dessus wafts from the glass with notions of pears, waxy citrus rind, orange blossom and spicy new oak. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, broad and fleshy, with bright balancing acids and good depth at the core, displaying some promising back-end grip."
- Item #: i_333094Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Burghound: 91-93The 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Caillerets was showing very well, offering up aromas of ripe citrus oil, crisp green apple and white flowers, followed by a medium to full-bodied, pure and incisive palate that's nicely intense and concentrated, with tangy acids and a long, chalky finish."
- Item #: i_333092Bottle Size: 750MLSTEPHEN TANZER 89 - 92 POINTS - "Bright yellow. Aromas of orange, quince and spices. Fat, spicy and sweet, but with good buffering salinity. This too is a bit warm and needs further élevage to absorb a bit of its baby fat."
WINE ADVOCATE 89-91 POINTS -"The 2015 Chassagne-Montrachet Les Chaumes has a feisty nose with hints of wild fennel infusing the citrus fruit, complemented by orange peel and smoky aromas. The palate is balanced with crisp acidity on the entry. The acidity is well judged here and it counterbalances a touch of viscosity towards the finish, which is armed with lovely peach and freshly sliced pear notes. Delightful."
- Item #: i_352483Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93VINOUS 94 POINTS " Calcaire-driven scents of musky lime zest and crushed stone; one can smell the tension! Very precise and pure but laid-back, conveying a penetrating, savory character to its dense, fully ripe flavors of green fruits, flowers and minerals. Impressively dense, silky and ripe, this very juicy wine features a resounding finish with terrific rising floral lift and mineral energy. The acidity here is technically on the low side but the wine's pungent minerality gives it serious verve. These 60-year-old vines produced a full crop of 55 hectoliters per hectare in 2017, according to assistant Hervey. A remarkable village wine in the making, and a wine that will probably call for five or six years of bottle aging."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Aromas of lemon oil, white flowers and a light touch of oak vanillin introduce the 2017 Meursault Les Chevalières, a medium-bodied, chiseled wine that's the most tensile and incisive of all Fichet's lieux-dits, displaying a firm, tight-knit core and a long, mouthwatering finish. After its second winter on the lees, I expect it to land at the top of my banded score."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "A discreet touch of wood sets off equally cool, pure and airy if restrained aromas of citrus and essence of green apple. The more mineral-driven though less seductive middle weight flavors terminate in a youthfully austere, chiseled and sneaky long finish. This isn't especially dense but it is a classic rendition of the vineyard."
- Item #: i_351619Bottle Size: 750mlThe name "Sous Éguison" refers to the cliff above the vineyard. The cliff offers protection from the North winds, which is a significant advantage given how harsh the climate is and how bitter the Spring frosts are at this altitude. The natural growth cycle of the vines is also slower and the grapes mature a full week later than at lower levels. The vineyard was planted by Caroline Lestime on a terroir which gives the Chardonnay varietal great power. This cuvee expresses the tradition and experience of great quality.