- Item #: i_352483Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93VINOUS 94 POINTS " Calcaire-driven scents of musky lime zest and crushed stone; one can smell the tension! Very precise and pure but laid-back, conveying a penetrating, savory character to its dense, fully ripe flavors of green fruits, flowers and minerals. Impressively dense, silky and ripe, this very juicy wine features a resounding finish with terrific rising floral lift and mineral energy. The acidity here is technically on the low side but the wine's pungent minerality gives it serious verve. These 60-year-old vines produced a full crop of 55 hectoliters per hectare in 2017, according to assistant Hervey. A remarkable village wine in the making, and a wine that will probably call for five or six years of bottle aging."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Aromas of lemon oil, white flowers and a light touch of oak vanillin introduce the 2017 Meursault Les Chevalières, a medium-bodied, chiseled wine that's the most tensile and incisive of all Fichet's lieux-dits, displaying a firm, tight-knit core and a long, mouthwatering finish. After its second winter on the lees, I expect it to land at the top of my banded score."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "A discreet touch of wood sets off equally cool, pure and airy if restrained aromas of citrus and essence of green apple. The more mineral-driven though less seductive middle weight flavors terminate in a youthfully austere, chiseled and sneaky long finish. This isn't especially dense but it is a classic rendition of the vineyard."
- Item #: i_351589Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE - "From lieux-dits on the village's alluvial fan, the 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet Village offers up notes of crisp yellow orchard dust, buttered peaches and fresh pastry. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, satiny and attractively precise, concluding with a saline finish."
- Item #: i_351590Bottle Size: 750mlJoseph Colin is one of the hottest young producers in Burgundy. The son of Marc Colin, and younger brother of Pierre-Yves Colin, Joseph, at the age of 19, Joseph began working full-time at Domaine Marc Colin in 1993. For the next ten years he worked alongside his father and older brother until Pierre-Yves left Marc Colin in 2003 to create his own domaine. In 2004 Joseph and his younger siblings, Damian and Caroline, took over Marc Colin. Then Joseph started his own domaine in 2017 with approximately 6 hectares of vines from the original Domaine Marc Colin. This spectacular Saint Aubin is made from 35+ year old vines, on one of the rockiest sites in the village, only 70 meters from the famed Montrachet vineyard. Aged in barrel (25% new), Joseph describes En Remilly as 'embodying the brightness of the vast sky and sunlight that you take in while standing on the crest of Le Montrachet.
- Item #: i_351915Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 99JAMES SUCKLING 99 POINTS: "The complexity and sheer magnitude of Montrachet is on full show here. A powerful expression of the largest holdings in the Puligny side of the vineyard. Grilled hazelnuts, grilled peaches, grapefruit and lemon citrus, as well as a layer of spiced nougat-like aromas. There’s a very long, concentrated and dense palate that starts out cloaked in flavors of rich peaches and glossy fruits. The flavors then peel away in layers as it sits on the palate, revealing a very focused, refined and essence-like citrus core with tremendous elegance and intensity. Drink or hold through the next decade. Or even longer if you desire."
BURGHOUND 95 POINTS: "DON'T MISS!"A strikingly pretty and layered nose reflects notes of mineral reduction, citrus peel, acacia blossom, spice and essence of green apple. There is excellent freshness and terrific intensity to the big-bodied and tautly muscular flavors that brim with impressive amounts of dry extract on the balanced and explosively long finish that really fans out as it sits on the palate. This is very much still a work in progress and I would recommend not touching a bottle for at least 5 years and 12 to 15 would be better."
- Item #: i_322808Bottle Size: 750ML"The colour of the wine is bright and limpid. The nose is floral and fruity. Very straightforward and direct on the palate, as if biting into a grape. Fresh and light, with a very pleasant aftertaste." Véronique Boss-Drouhin
- Item #: i_353452Bottle Size: 750mlThe Morgeot are wines whose approach may seem a little hard. The first five years often offer a slightly closed wine. Nevertheless, its guard is to its advantage, highlighting its power! Full bodied Chassagne, very elegant, acids still kicking through, peach, gooseberries, oak not yet molten. Can drink now with pleasure but would recommend keeping a little longer if you have the patience!
- Item #: i_342460Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Laroche is directly linked to the history of Chablis. One of the most respected and largest landholders of Grand Cru vineyard, Domaine Laroche owns 90 hectares of vineyard situated amongst the best crus. This comes from vines aging 25 to 30 year-old. The Bourgogne Chardonnay is fermented in stainless-steel tanks with 95% malolactic fermentation for richness and structure. It was aged in stainless steel with four months on the lees and no barrel aging. Minimum filtration to preserve the maximum natural character of the wine, then bottling under low pressure on a bottling line designed to protect the wine’s quality. Elegant fruity notes. Lively and balanced, characteristic of the white burgundian wines: fruity, crisp and precise with lively mineral notes and a fresh finish. Enjoy as an apéritif or with prawns, watercress salad, Japenese food or oysters.
- Item #: i_352021Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 93 POINTS "SWEET SPOT" "OUTSTANDING" - "A softly wooded and slightly more elegant nose displays a subtle exoticism on the cool acacia blossom, lemon, Asian-style tea and white fruit aromas. There is a lovely sense of underlying tension to the more evidently mineral-driven flavors that don't possess the same richness or volume but are markedly finer on the highly persistent if ever-so-mildly warm bone dry finish. This isn't quite as fine as the Bouchères but offers slightly better overall depth and persistence."
- Item #: i_353400Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The Tribut family's 2018 Chablis Village was showing well, displaying attractive aromas of citrus fruit, white flowers and toasted almonds. On the palate, it's medium-bodied, with good structuring extract and lively acids, concluding with a chalky finish. It had only been racked to barrel a month before I tasted it, so it's early days to make a definitive pronouncement, but it would appear to be one of the vintage's success stories."
- Item #: i_352736Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 93 POINTS - "Bright but slightly cloudy yellow. Slightly oxidative on the nose, as it’s still working. Then shockingly ripe and fresh on the palate, with a touch of sweetness virtually neutralized by penetrating appley acidity. Wonderfully broad but still youthfully disjointed; this tastes like a nine-month-old wine. Not at all a tropical style of Porusot, due in part to its strong acidity. It’s hard to scrape this very long wine off the palate."
- Item #: i_353257Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Meursault 1er Cru Sous le Dos d'Ane offers up aromas of green apples, tart Anjou pear, spring flowers and mint. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, with good concentration and chewy extract—Leflaive performed a green harvest on this young vines this year—underpinned by juicy acids and concluding with a pure finish. This is a promising Meursault in the making."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "There is ample sulfur present but not so much as to completely mask the apple and various white floral scents. More interesting are the vibrant, plump and seductively textured medium-bodied flavors that possess both fine mid-palate concentration as well as plenty of salinity on the sneaky long finish."
- Item #: i_321234Bottle Size: 750MLDECANTER 92 POINTS - "A bouquet of lemon oil and wet stones leads into a palate of compelling tension, energy and minerality, with lovely concentration and grip This is classic Caillerets, stony and intense."
- Item #: i_340850Bottle Size: 750MLThe wines are made with 100% of Chardonnay grapes aged in stainless steel vats. The Domaine is located near Viré and Lugny, two of the famous villages of the Mâconnais. The vineyard of the Domaine are located on nice slopes looking upon the river « Saône ».Dry and easy to drink, fruity with a floral scent, it can be drunk chilled, as an aperitif.It goes very well with hors d'oeuvres, fried or grilled fish, sea food, goat's milk cheese, cold cuts and poultry.
- Item #: i_354860Bottle Size: 750mlIts emerald-gold tones reflect a wine of finesse and distinction; the palate is harmonious, fresh and full of flavors; hazelnuts, toasted almonds, grapefruit and lemon. It must be served rather chilled and goes very well with shellfish, fish, white meats in cream sauce and poultry.
- Item #: i_349990Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS, STEPHEN TANZER 92 - 94 POINTS - " Still a bit cloudy. A syrup of yellow fruits on the reticent nose (Saouma referred to Folatières as "the Condrieu of Burgundy"). At once thick, pure and dry, with strong mineral thrust giving precision to the middle palate. There's a stony spring water note here from the mother rock. This very dry, serious Folatières finishes wonderfully stony and salty, with strong dry extract and outstanding floral lift--almost austere on the end following the syrupy nose. Not at all an outsized wine but this is still expanding. I have little doubt that it will turn out to be a more serious wine than many early-bottled 2016s from this vineyard."
- Item #: i_350628Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 91BURGHOUND 96 POINTS: "Sweet Spot! Outstanding!"An overtly smoky nose features exotically spiced aromas of tea, pear, apple and acacia blossom. The beautifully detailed, stony and delicious flavors possess a highly sophisticated mouth feel before concluding in a beautifully persistent finish. A classic Genevrières of style and grace."
- Item #: i_352168Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 92 - 94 POINTS - "Bright lemon-yellow color. Subtle, subdued aromas and flavors of flowers, minerals, vanilla and nutty lees. Wonderfully silky, salty, seamless wine with terrific flavor intensity. This has the gras of classic Charmes but with no impression of weightiness--due no doubt to early picking."
BURGHOUND 93 POINTS - "Once again there is plenty of classic Meursault character on the acacia blossom, hazelnut, citrus zest and soft pear scents. The rich and vibrant medium weight flavors are finer though noticeably less powerful though I prefer the texture and minerality present here and particularly so on the firm and built-to-age finish. This is an excellent Charmes that is quite tightly wound and will need time to unwind. *Sweet spot Outstanding*"
- Item #: i_351656Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS: "The 2018 Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru is showing brilliantly, unwinding in the glass with aromas of crisp orchard fruit, honeycomb, white flowers, orange oil and wheat toast. On the palate, it's full-bodied, ample and muscular, with lively acids and an impressively structured, introverted profile for the vintage, concluding with a long, saline finish."
- Item #: i_350627Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Burghound: 97 DON'T MISSWINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS: "The 2018 Chevalier-Montrachet Grand Cru derives from a new source, but it's as striking as ever, opening in the glass with a classy bouquet of citrus oil, white flowers, fresh pastry and blanched almonds. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, taut and chiseled, with terrific tension, lively acids and a long, chalky finish. This is worth a special effort to seek out."
- Item #: i_351775Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 97 POINTS:"This is quite discreet with only barely perceptible cool citrusy wisps of ripe pear, white peach and apricot aromas that also exude a hint of mandarin orange. The borderline massive flavors are enormously powerful yet focused and despite the size, weight and punch, the finish is almost delicate. A built-to-age Montrachet that remains light on its feet. In a word, wow."
- Item #: i_300088Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93-95James Suckling: 96JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS : "Very attractive wet stones and a wealth of hazelnuts and ripe, fresh and expressive lemons and white peaches. The palate has beautifully complete, fleshy texture, really seamless and underpinned by stony, powerful terroir-driven structure. Exceptional Corton-Charlemagne here. Drink or hold"
WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS: "The 2017 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru is excellent, unwinding in the glass with aromas of sweet citrus oil, beeswax, white flowers and oyster shell. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, layered and satiny on the attack, with considerable concentration and structuring dry extract, succulent underlying acids and a long, chalky finish. From the south-facing climat Les Languettes, this is one of the highlights of Drouhin's 2017 portfolio."