- Item #: i_345449Bottle Size: 750MLAubert de Villaine may be more famous for managing the legendary estate of Domaine de la Romanée Conti (DRC) but his passion for producing exemplary Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Aligoté does not begin and end with the wines from the Cote de Beaune. Truth be told, his true winemaking love lies south of those world renowned vineyards in the Cote Chalonaise district, one of Burgundy's best-kept secrets. The greatness of Aubert's wines cannot be overstated. They are among the finest that the region has to offer and are the ultimate expression of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. His innovative approach to winemaking spans the pages of time, incorporating tradition with a modernist’s mastery for precision and truth. Designed for immediate consumption or moderate to long-term aging, the red and white wines from Aubert's Maconnais vineyards are a must-have for anyone who is passionate about the wines of Burgundy.
- Item #: i_322611Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Notes "La Digoine is a site at the foot of a slope, known for centuries to provide the deep soil and growing conditions necessary for excellent red wine. Our vineyard here is planted in moderate-yield Pinot Noir. La Digoine can be drunk very young. Within two or three months of bottling, it demonstrates immediate appeal with red berry fruit and a balance of roundness, structure, and lenght on the palate.
However, this is another versatil wine which benefits from bottle aging. After 18 to 24 months, slow maturation and evolution begin to make their mark, and La Digoine will improve over the next ten year, revealing the deep, complex aromas worthy of a great burgundy. Depending on cellar conditions, we recommanded twelve to fifteen years of aging.
Serving temperature for a young La Digoine should be around 60°F, and around 64°F for an older one. It goes well with red meat and any of a variety of cheeses, though soft cheeses like Camembert, Brie, and Vacherin should be avoided."
- Item #: i_350552Bottle Size: 750mlSubtle, harmonious - Burgundy from Domaine Anne Gros is intimately tied with the elegant and poised character of wines from Vosne-Romanée.
While each cru faithfully reflects its terroir, it is terroir as translated through Gros’ expert touch, offering richer aromatics, rounder curves, silkier tannins. The combination is irresistible, so much so that Gros’ very limited production is snapped up by global collectors faster and faster each vintage.
Anne Gros simply is one of the top winemakers in Burgundy today, which explains why her wines have inspired such a cult-like following. Importantly for us, Gros personifies the sort of winemaker with whom we have always sought to work: an artisan with a clear vision of her terroir and talents, and the grace to be humble despite the weight of Burgundian tradition and family history.
Anne Gros cares for her vineyards according to “lutte raisonée” principles, adhering to organic practices as much as possible depending on the conditions of the growing year. Grapes are always harvested by hand. Juice is fermented on indigenous yeasts in lined (enameled) cement tanks for the reds, and in stainless steel tanks for the whites. Wines are aged in barrel for approximately 16 months, with 80 percent new oak for grand cru wines, 50 percent for village wines and 30 percent for regional wines.
- Item #: i_350551Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2015 Bourgogne Pinot Noir, which comes from vines between Nuits Saint-Georges and Flagey-Echézeaux, saw up to 40% new oak due to the tannins. It has an attractive bouquet with lightly spiced black fruit, touches of limestone and freshly tilled soil emerging with time. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin, the new oak neatly integrated with good substance towards the quite elegant finish. This is one of the best Bourgognes that I encountered from the 2015 vintage.
- Item #: i_351708Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Pure cherry, raspberry and stony mineral flavors are the hallmarks of this juicy red, with a firm, well-integrated structure. Combines elegance and muscle. The finish is dense and long. Best from 2022 through 2036."
- Item #: i_351962Bottle Size: 750mlThis Bourgogne rouge is surprisingly charming and floral. I don’t normally care much for Bourgogne wines but this is something special and worth the attention. This Pinot Fin is a blend of seven different plots around Cote de Nuits, 50% from Chambolle Musigny appellation, 25% from Nuits Saint Georges, and 25% from Vosne Romanée. Around 60% of the crop was lost in 2016 due to frost, around 20 barrels of Bourgogne Pinot Fin produced in 2016. Flamboyant aroma of supple rose petal, wild strawberries, and raspberry. 60% whole cluster. Great lightness and gentleness.
- Item #: i_352449Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS "...opening reluctantly in the glass to reveal aromas of red berries, grilled meat and warm spices. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, satiny but dense, with a deep, concentrated core and chalky structuring tannins. This will need more time than the comparatively precocious 2017 rendition."
- Item #: i_351597Bottle Size: 750mlA typically broader, more generous wine of strong spice tones and dark fruit expression. This wine is juicy and pure, showing a penetrating quality and delicate minerality to the flavors of red berries and flowers.
- Item #: i_352267Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "A pure, elegant and airy nose features wisps of both red and dark pinot fruit along with subtle earth notes that are set off by relatively generous wood. There is excellent concentration and intensity to the middle weight plus flavors that possess excellent power and drive, all wrapped in a serious, balanced and strikingly persistent finish. This is a big Beaune with solid minerality and phenolic maturity and one to consider."
- Item #: i_352347Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "A floral aroma of acacia and linden blossom announces this delicate yet rich white. The white flower, lemon verbena and spice flavors are subtle, meshing seamlessly with the lush texture. Shows fine harmony overall, with a long finish. Drink now through 2024. 73 cases imported.
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Beaune 1er Cru Clos Saint-Landry Blanc offers up an inviting bouquet of fresh pear, yellow orchard fruit, drawn butter and freshly cut herbs. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, ample and enveloping, with a fleshy core of succulent fruit and a generous, open-knit but nicely delineated profile."
- Item #: i_345110Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 89 POINTS "OUTSTANDING, TOP VALUE" :"A pretty and broad-ranging nose features notes of menthol, floral, raspberry, red currant and raspberry. There is a relatively refined mouth feel to the lightly mineral-inflected middle weight flavors that deliver fine depth and length on the slightly austere finish. This is both very pretty and very Chambolle."
VINOUSMEDIA 87-89 POINTS :"(50% estate and 50% purchased grapes; all vinified at Bouchard): Good dep red. Very dark aromas of black cherry, licorice and bitter chocolate. Juicy and firm, showing excellent mineral-driven definition to its black fruit flavors. A very concentrated village wine but its serious mounting tannins will require patience." -- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_321280Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95-97Decanter: 97 PointsDECANTER 97 POINTS: "Elegant raspberry-dominant nose, with a sheen of new oak. Lean and pure attack, lifted and refined. Exquisite fruit and concentration, impeccably balanced.Drinking Window 2019+
ROBERT PARKER 95-97 POINTS: "The 2015 Gevrey Chambertin 1er Cru Clos Saint-Jacques has a very well-defined bouquet that offers lifted redcurrant and wild strawberry aromas, interwoven with wet limestone and almost flint-like scents. The palate is medium-bodied with very fine tannin. This is seamless and silky smooth, a Clos Saint-Jacques determined to show the other vineyards what it can do. Beautiful delineation and focus on the finish, this is an outstanding Clos Saint-Jacques from Bruno Clair that will offer 20 or 30 years of drinking pleasure.(NM)
- Item #: i_321139Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 91ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - " The 2013 Vosne-Romanée Les Champs Perdrix is one of the overachievers in this range. Pliant and expressive on the palate, the Champs Perdrix captures the essence of the year in its graceful, midweight personality. Dark plums, crushed rocks and spices are all given an extra sense of urgency by the veins of underlying salinity that lie in the background. I very much like the sense of energy and structure here."
- Item #: i_350155Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 94BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "The wood treatment has been almost completely integrated and allows the similar but more reserved, riper and more densely fruited and floral-suffused nose to display its charms while leading to elegant, pure and every bit as serious formidably-scaled flavors brimming with dry extract on the textured, concentrated and palate staining finish that seems to go on and on. Like the regular cuvée, there is less youthful austerity here than I'm used to seeing with more overall depth of material. A terrific '07 but note that ample patience will be required."
- Item #: i_351541Bottle Size: 750mlChavy-Chouet's Pinot Noir is classified as humble Bourgogne Rouge, but the fruit for it comes from an excellent single-vineyard site near Pommard. Great value. Soft, elegant red berry flavours; a hint of earthy spice; superb structure and balance. This Pinot Noir comes from the 'La Taupe' vineyard, a very good Pinot Noir site near Pommard.