- Item #: i_352602Bottle Size: 750mlFrom 104 year old Pinot Fin vines, this has to be one of the greatest value reds to be found in Burgundy, and the 2015 rendition is especially good. Brooding dark fruit, coniferous forest floor and espresso lead into a deep, fine-grained and very complete palate with a silky core of ripe, fine tannins and lovely concentration.
- Item #: i_350551Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2015 Bourgogne Pinot Noir, which comes from vines between Nuits Saint-Georges and Flagey-Echézeaux, saw up to 40% new oak due to the tannins. It has an attractive bouquet with lightly spiced black fruit, touches of limestone and freshly tilled soil emerging with time. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin, the new oak neatly integrated with good substance towards the quite elegant finish. This is one of the best Bourgognes that I encountered from the 2015 vintage.
- Item #: i_351708Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Pure cherry, raspberry and stony mineral flavors are the hallmarks of this juicy red, with a firm, well-integrated structure. Combines elegance and muscle. The finish is dense and long. Best from 2022 through 2036."
- Item #: i_351962Bottle Size: 750mlThis Bourgogne rouge is surprisingly charming and floral. This Pinot is a blend of seven different plots around Cote de Nuits, 50% from Chambolle Musigny appellation, 25% from Nuits Saint Georges, and 25% from Vosne Romanée. Flamboyant aroma of supple rose petal, wild strawberries, and raspberry. 60% whole cluster. Great lightness and gentleness.
- Item #: i_350722Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 88-91The Chambolle-Musigny is a beauty made from several different plots located quite high in the Chambolle appellation south of the village – i.e. from a quite cool area. This translates into a gorgeous village – the bouquet is brimming with fresh red fruit with notes of red currant, pomegranate and forest strawberries – infused by a classic Chambolle minerality. On the palate very vibrant offering gorgeous mid-palate fruit brought forward by a fresh acidity and the filigree minerality. A truly lovely Chambolle village.
- Item #: i_352449Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS "...opening reluctantly in the glass to reveal aromas of red berries, grilled meat and warm spices. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, satiny but dense, with a deep, concentrated core and chalky structuring tannins. This will need more time than the comparatively precocious 2017 rendition."
- Item #: i_351597Bottle Size: 750mlA typically broader, more generous wine of strong spice tones and dark fruit expression. This wine is juicy and pure, showing a penetrating quality and delicate minerality to the flavors of red berries and flowers.
- Item #: i_353094Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 92 POINTS - "Moderately saturated medium red. Sexy, musky aromas of fresh, ripe strawberry, raspberry, menthol and licorice. Quite penetrating for the vintage, with its touch of sweetness effortlessly carried by firm acidity cooling menthol and underlying minerality. This very sexy wine finishes firm and long, with a solid tannic spine and an element of saline complexity. Really spreads out on the end to dust the entire palate and vibrate."
- Item #: i_353017Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Boisson-Vadot is one of the finest, outstanding small producers in the village of Meursault that are not particularly well known beyond their native France, but which produce stellar examples of Meursault. The estate is currently run by the father and son team of Bernard and Pierre Boisson, who turn out between three and four thousand cases of wine per year.
No-brainer red Burg buy from one of the hottest names with those in the know. You have to try at least one of these!
- Item #: i_352347Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "A floral aroma of acacia and linden blossom announces this delicate yet rich white. The white flower, lemon verbena and spice flavors are subtle, meshing seamlessly with the lush texture. Shows fine harmony overall, with a long finish. Drink now through 2024. 73 cases imported.
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Beaune 1er Cru Clos Saint-Landry Blanc offers up an inviting bouquet of fresh pear, yellow orchard fruit, drawn butter and freshly cut herbs. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, ample and enveloping, with a fleshy core of succulent fruit and a generous, open-knit but nicely delineated profile."
- Item #: i_322213Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Burghound: 91-93WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS: " The 2013 Volnay 1er Cru Les Caillerets "Ancienne Cuvée Carnot" is showing well, opening in the glass with a complex bouquet of smoked meats, hoisin, wild berry fruit and spices. On the palate, the wine is medium-bodied, delicate and precise, with racy acids, powdery tannins and impressive concentration despite its fine-boned format, and its sappy expression of fruit is complemented by considerable savory nuance, concluding with a sappy finish."
- Item #: i_345110Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 89 POINTS "OUTSTANDING, TOP VALUE" :"A pretty and broad-ranging nose features notes of menthol, floral, raspberry, red currant and raspberry. There is a relatively refined mouth feel to the lightly mineral-inflected middle weight flavors that deliver fine depth and length on the slightly austere finish. This is both very pretty and very Chambolle."
VINOUSMEDIA 87-89 POINTS :"(50% estate and 50% purchased grapes; all vinified at Bouchard): Good dep red. Very dark aromas of black cherry, licorice and bitter chocolate. Juicy and firm, showing excellent mineral-driven definition to its black fruit flavors. A very concentrated village wine but its serious mounting tannins will require patience." -- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_321281Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 94Vinous Media: 92-94Decanter: 97 PointsBURGHOUND 96 POINTS: "(from a 1.60 ha parcel on the Morey side where the soil is more white than red). A discreet application of wood easily allows the liqueur-like dark currant aromas that are liberally cut with earth and spice nuances to be appreciated. Otherwise there is superb richness to the full-bodied, powerful and concentrated broad-shouldered flavors that possess a velvety and mouth coating palate feel, all wrapped in a gorgeously complex and persistent finish. This isn’t quite as classy as the Bèze but it brings a number of other attributes to the table. Note well though that this isn’t even remotely going to be an early drinker so plenty of patience will be necessary, indeed I would go so far as to say that it would be pointless to even think about opening a bottle before its 15th birthday."
- Item #: i_321140Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91-93WINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 POINTS - "The 2015 Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Clos du Fonteny, a monopole of the domaine, has a delightful bouquet with lively red cherry and crushed strawberry aromas. The palate is well balanced with sappy red berry fruit overlaying the fine tannins. It fans out towards the finish, offering enticing orange rind and blood orange notes that infuse the tart aftertaste. Lovely, just a really lovely Gevrey-Chambertin. Bruno Clair already has an impressive array of holdings in the Côtes de Nuits, from which he has been furnishing wine lovers with beautifully made, quite classically-styled wines for many years. Next year he will add another quite significant parcel of Bonnes-Mares from the cessation of a fermage with Domaine Fougeray de Beauclair, who own the monopole of vines on the Morey-Saint-Denis side of the border. That will surely make Bruno one of the most significant producers of this grand cru. I tasted through the 2015s with winemaker Philippe Brun and a young student who was studying oeno-tourism, assigned 2-weeks by her college at the domaine (I can think of worse work placements myself). "We had some millerandage during the growing season," Philippe told me. "We picked from 6 September and then over 10 days until 20 September. We picked the whites within two days."
BURGHOUND 90 - 93 POINTS - "A deeply pitched yet wonderfully elegant nose is comprised by densely fruited aromas of red cherry, cassis, earth, violet and sandalwood. There is a terrific sense of underlying vibrancy to the refined, cool and restrained flavors that possess a taut muscularity on the impressively persistent, well-balanced and mildly austere finale. This is definitely built-to-age and will require at least 6 to 8 years but reward up to 15 or so. In a word, excellent."
VINOUS 90 - 92 POINTS - "(from vines planted on rock, close to Ruchottes-Chambertin): Medium palish red. Subtle, somewhat reduced scents of raspberry, strawberry, smoke and earth. A step up in sweetness and pliancy from the village Gevrey, but with pungent minerality enlivening the middle palate. Offers an impression of breadth without weight and finishes with nicely buffered tannins. Lovely potential here.
- Item #: i_345483Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 90 POINTS -"This too is super-fresh with its airy nose that combines floral, red currant and evident wet stone scents. The racy and tension-filled flavors possess a really lovely mouth feel if perhaps not quite the overall depth and length as the best of these villages wines."
VINOUS 90 POINTS - "(from vines planted in the 1980s on rocky soil): Good dark red. Quite reticent on the nose, and a bit diffuse. Then juicy and sweet in the mouth, with soil-driven red berry flavors complicated by red licorice and mineral notes. Good density and breadth here--and a bit more size than usual for this wine. Finishes with dusty, horizontal tannins. Clair noted that this bottling is taking on more power as the vines age."