- Item #: i_351957Bottle Size: 750mlDry Muscat, from one of Alsace’s most historic estates. Akin to riding a unicorn through a rainbow in an enchanted field of blossoming wildflowers. Like biting into all the juiciest fruits in the world—at once. And then that clean, mouthwatering, dry finish . . . This is not just Muscat, it is Boxler’s Muscat sec. Give it a try.
- Item #: i_333928Bottle Size: 750MLThe small family domaine in France that works traditionally using techniques and savoir faire passed down across multiple generations is under serious threat today. Consolidation, technology, regulation, foreign investment, globalization, and many other factors (all in the name of progress), threaten the great agricultural tradition of winegrowing in France, arguably the world’s greatest winegrowing culture. Few domaines in France embody this way of life more ably and proudly than Domaine Albert Boxler in Niedermorschwihr. Jean Boxler, many generations removed from his ancestor of the same name that moved here from Switzerland in 1673, currently rules the roost at this humble yet incredibly exciting domaine. Intense and serious about his land, his craft, and his wine, Jean is the genius behind what are certainly some of the finest white wines in Alsace (and the world).
- Item #: i_321045Bottle Size: 750ml100% JACQUERE
From 50 year old vines grown on marl and limestone. This light easy driking wine is the perfect hot weather wine. Low alcohol, light and flavorful perfect before dinner or for just sitting on the patio taking in the sun.
- Item #: i_350097Bottle Size: 750mlBott Frères is located in the village of Ribeauvillé, in the heart of Alsace. Since 1835, some of the oldest wine know-how has been transmitted from generation to generation; father to son. The Bott family does not manufacture wine, it cultivates it. On the estate's vineyards, seven varieties are grown and produced in a wide array of soils and the subsequent wines made in a range of styles. The grape harvest is undertaken manually and the output is monitored in order to produce high quality wines. Ageing takes place in century old oak casks. The results are some of the most food friendly and distinctive wines from Alsace.
The Riesling Grand Cru Kirchberg de Ribeauvillé is one of the prides of the domaine. Grown on clay-limestone soil with a pebble topsoil, the vines sit on a steep slope between an altitude of 270-350 meters. Bright aromas of stone fruits combine with a strong minerality. On the palate the wine is rich and full bodied with lots of intensity and complexity and a long, lingering finish. With age the wine will soften and blossom into one of the treasures of French white wine. Pair with roasted white meats, an assorted cheese plate or choucroute with Morteau sausage.
- Item #: i_345653Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS - Boxler's 2015 Riesling Grand Cru Sommerberg opens with the discreet charm and aristocratic distinction of a great wine. Very pure, clear, fine and elegant on the nose, with fine stony and herbal flavors but also ripe stone fruit and floral aromas, the 2015 tells the story of its origin in the glass in an excitingly subtle yet deep way. The palate is great! It is intense and juicy, nicely concentrated and ripe, with a touch of sweetness but gorgeous finesse, vitality and piquancy. The finish is pure and salty and develops a fascinating juiciness that explodes in the finish. This is not a wine for mouthfeel drinkers, but it is surely one of the finest, most delicate and balanced Rieslings you can find from this vintage. The combination of concentration, complexity, structure, minerality and sweetness (due to the low acidity, higher alcohol and extract) could hardly be better.
- Item #: i_344103Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's notes - This wine exclusively comes from vineyards of the Domain Marcel DEISS and is produced from 13 Alsatian grapes. These grapes express the story of Alsatian terroir.
Vinous Media 88 points: - "Medium straw. Aromas and flavors of ripe apricot, peach and spiced apple. Broad, fresh and dry in the mouth, with a clean, persistent finish. This lovely, easygoing white wine had me looking for a plate of bivalves." -- Ian D'Agata
- Item #: i_300182Bottle Size: 750MLJAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS: "Has some of the earthy power and complexity of a grand cru. An excellent balance of white-fruit character with robust minerality and crisp acidity, driving the imposing finish. Drink or hold."
Tasting notes by Serge Dubs, World's Best Sommelier 1989 :
Young, lively colour, moderately intense, bright lemon yellow with pistachio green hints, a flash of silver, delicately velvety and silky in appearance. Attractive, agreeable bouquet, not too forward, aromatic, perfumed, nicely elegant and refined. Mainly floral aromas of fresh rose, jasmine, reseda, lily, freesia, primrose, with passion fruit, mango and pear. The mouth is filled with aromas that are generous, yet still soft and suave to flatter and charm the palate. It is almost dry, with an elegant finish that is crisp and refreshing. A wine to enjoy now while it is young and its varietal qualities are clearly defined. Ideal as an aperitif, or at any time, to share an agreeable moment with friends. Serve at 8°C. Serve with cheese : munster, auvergne blue, stilton, aged goat's cheese, also with lightly spiced, tasty dishes, Chinese, Moroccan, Indian, and with fruit based cakes and desserts. May be aged for 2 to 3 years.
- Item #: i_351291Bottle Size: 750mlIn Alsace, Pinot Noir not only grows but thrives, and yet it has long flown under the radar. The Pinot Noir from Kuentz-Bas is an accessible, versatile red. Exploding with fresh blackberry and gently peppery, this is a great companion for breezy summer nights.
- Item #: i_351895Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC AND CERTIFIED ORGANIC
IMPORTER NOTES - "Literally the “sheep’s path,” Schoffweg leads into Grasberg and is an exceptional terroir: a thin slab of Aalenian limestone perched above the plains, the ultimate extension of the hillock of Altenberg in Bergheim. It faces east, but the warmer climate is tamed by strong winds. Drained by the northern wind in summer, protected by the foehn in autumn, this very poor terroir with rocky yellow limestone provides an extremely complex expression, without noble rot.
- Item #: i_351893Bottle Size: 750mlCertified organic (Ecocert) and biodynamic -
VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "The Deiss 2011 Grasberg leads with saline, alkaline and marine aromatics, though also with intimations of the diverse ripe peach, pear, and melons – backed by distinct sweetness – that mark a ripe and infectiously juicy though firm palate. There is grip and nearly explosive interactivity in the finish, with nut oils, nutmeg, caraway as well as mineral elements bouncing off of the rich, resilient base of ripe fruit. Hardship of site certainly seems to have borne positive results here. Look for exciting performances through at least 2025. Deiss finds this “a bit timid” when compared with the corresponding 2010, but those are hardly words I would use to describe it!"
- Item #: i_351894Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC
VINOUS MEDIA 91 POINTS - "Bright straw-green. Precise aromas of white flowers, nutmeg and crushed stone. Dense but juicy, with strong acidity lifting the minty lemon and grapefruit flavors, complicated by a bright herbal note. A serious wine that is much more vertical than the Berckem, but also very precise. From grapes grown on grey granite soils in a lieu-dit is near Saint-Hyppolite."
- Item #: i_345871Bottle Size: 750MLThis Bouzy Rouge is bottled on its own as well, as a vintage-dated Coteaux Champenois. It’s selected from old vines in lieu-dits such as La Croix or Les Mignottes, which are cropped at 5,000 to 6,000 kilograms per hectare to encourage greater concentration. The wine spends 12 to 18 months in five- to ten-year-old oak casks, and the result is a delicate, fragrant Pinot Noir, one that emphasizes finesse and minerality over power or extraction.
- Item #: i_300092Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker Notes - " This pale yellow Riesling has green reflections. The wine opens with fresh and alluring aromas of lemon, grapefruit and peach. Upon aeration, notes of sweet cherry blossoms are framed by minerally firestone character. On the palate, impressions of freshness and elegance dominate this well-balanced wine, but further tasting reveals opulence and a softly spicy finish."
- Item #: i_334257Bottle Size: 750MLNow run by the 6th and 7th generations, Domaines Schlumberger was founded in 1810 by Nicolas Schlumberger, who established vineyards on the renowned slopes above the town of Guebwiller. These vineyard sites have a history of viticulture, having been planted since 207AD. Through successive generations the holding has grown to be one of France’s largest and finest domaines.
Bright, golden yellow in colour with perfumes of peaches and rose petals. Spicy with aromas of saffron and white pepper, as well as exotic fruit flavours such as mango. This wines is rich and honeyed with great complexity and a fleshy mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_350700Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "The nose gives appetizing glimpses of pure ripe juicy pear. These flavors blossom fully on the palate and leave a most harmonious picture of ample, dry, but well-expressed pear fruit with lovely freshness. Everything here happens with ease. The finish is pure and fresh."
- Item #: i_345053Bottle Size: 750MLIt's clear and bright robe is characterized by yellow color with golden reflections. A youthful aspect is revealed. The nose is aromatic, with notes of citrus and yellow fruit - intense and rich. On the palate, the onset is fresh but without excess, with a slight sparkling note. The middle mouth is fatty even while remaining dry. In the finish we find warmth associated with freshness. The length is average. This Pinot Blanc Les Princes Abbés 2012 is nicely balanced. It is a fine dry wine already very pleasant and ready to drink. Serving This wine goes well with a smoked or raw fish and simple bistro dishes.
- Item #: i_345654Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96Wine Spectator: 92WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2008 Riesling Cuvée Frédéric Emile is now in the market and readers shouldn't miss seeking it out. This is a gorgeously matured dry Riesling classic from Ribeauvillé that drinks perfectly today and pairs with many kind of dishes. The wine has an intense citrus color and opens with a very clear, deep, dense and aromatic bouquet of dried fruits along with herbal and mineral aromas. Full-bodied, pure and elegant, yet complex and mineral on the palate, this is a silky textured but well-structured dry Riesling with intense and persistent fruit, fine tannins and lingering salinity. Bottled April 2009, this is a great dry Riesling blend from the Grands Crus Geisberg and Osterberg."
- Item #: i_345264Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS: "A flinty, sculpted white, weaving a steely structure with flavors of grapefruit sorbet, crunchy green pear, dried mint and lemon curd together like finest silk. Offers a long, minerally finish."
- Item #: i_373717Bottle Size: 750mlOne of the noblest of Alsace grapes, it produces a full, heady, rich fruity style, often with a lushness of aftertaste. Its great depth is balanced by the crisp acidity that gives structure and longevity. A slight smokiness, combined with underlying delicacy, is a typical feature.The selection of very ripe grapes allows this Pinot Gris Reserve to match wonderfully with exotic, asiatic and japanese food. Superb with food, the Pinot Gris comes into its own with terrines, foie gras, smoked fish, fish in sauce (notably salmon) and white meats.
- Item #: i_324046Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 90 POINTS:A bright and delicately fruity white with hints of lemon rind and light ginger. Some steely undertones. Medium body. No-nonsense riesling right here. Drink now.
Made from carrefully-selected grapes from much older vines (40+ years) from superior plots of Ribeauvillé, our Riesling « Réserve » is a full, rich, complex wine that can also be kept longer. It shows great finesse. It is the limestone soil of Riesling which gives this unique Riesling complexity and harmony. Riesling is versatile with fine cuisine. It is a delight throughout the meal, particulary with Alsatian specialities like sauerkraut and coq au Riesling, fine fish and shellfish, it is an elegant complement to white meats and white wine sauces.