- Item #: i_351957Bottle Size: 750mlDry Muscat, from one of Alsace’s most historic estates. Akin to riding a unicorn through a rainbow in an enchanted field of blossoming wildflowers. Like biting into all the juiciest fruits in the world—at once. And then that clean, mouthwatering, dry finish . . . This is not just Muscat, it is Boxler’s Muscat sec. Give it a try.
- Item #: i_333928Bottle Size: 750MLThe small family domaine in France that works traditionally using techniques and savoir faire passed down across multiple generations is under serious threat today. Consolidation, technology, regulation, foreign investment, globalization, and many other factors (all in the name of progress), threaten the great agricultural tradition of winegrowing in France, arguably the world’s greatest winegrowing culture. Few domaines in France embody this way of life more ably and proudly than Domaine Albert Boxler in Niedermorschwihr. Jean Boxler, many generations removed from his ancestor of the same name that moved here from Switzerland in 1673, currently rules the roost at this humble yet incredibly exciting domaine. Intense and serious about his land, his craft, and his wine, Jean is the genius behind what are certainly some of the finest white wines in Alsace (and the world).
- Item #: i_345251Bottle Size: 750MLOver the past decade, the Albert Mann domaine has catapulted itself into the highest echelon of Alsatian producers. Biodynamic, delicious and always an incredible value, Mann’s Pinot Blanc again satisfies far beyond its price tag in the tiny, extremely high quality 2016 vintage. Lovely lemon-gold in the glass, Mann’s 2015 Pinot Blanc deftly balances a bold core of peach and pineapple fruit with soft minerality, acacia honey, and smoky, herbal notes. A full, lavish palate features suggestions of peach, Mirabelle plum and nectarine. On the finish, lifting acidity buoys the wine’s citrus and stone fruit expressions, while reprises of nectarine and yellow plum fruit yield to hints of fresh ginger and slate minerals. This is a textbook, mineral-driven Pinot Blanc in the elegant yet palate-staining Alsatian style: the kind that serves as inspiration for Pinot Blanc specialists in Italy and Oregon. Enjoy this over the coming two years with broiled salmon, choucroute garni, pork roasts, duck confit, quiches and washed-rind cheeses.
- Item #: i_321045Bottle Size: 750ml100% JACQUERE
From 50 year old vines grown on marl and limestone. This light easy driking wine is the perfect hot weather wine. Low alcohol, light and flavorful perfect before dinner or for just sitting on the patio taking in the sun.
- Item #: i_345653Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS - Boxler's 2015 Riesling Grand Cru Sommerberg opens with the discreet charm and aristocratic distinction of a great wine. Very pure, clear, fine and elegant on the nose, with fine stony and herbal flavors but also ripe stone fruit and floral aromas, the 2015 tells the story of its origin in the glass in an excitingly subtle yet deep way. The palate is great! It is intense and juicy, nicely concentrated and ripe, with a touch of sweetness but gorgeous finesse, vitality and piquancy. The finish is pure and salty and develops a fascinating juiciness that explodes in the finish. This is not a wine for mouthfeel drinkers, but it is surely one of the finest, most delicate and balanced Rieslings you can find from this vintage. The combination of concentration, complexity, structure, minerality and sweetness (due to the low acidity, higher alcohol and extract) could hardly be better.
- Item #: i_344103Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's notes - This wine exclusively comes from vineyards of the Domain Marcel DEISS and is produced from 13 Alsatian grapes. These grapes express the story of Alsatian terroir.
Vinous Media 88 points: - "Medium straw. Aromas and flavors of ripe apricot, peach and spiced apple. Broad, fresh and dry in the mouth, with a clean, persistent finish. This lovely, easygoing white wine had me looking for a plate of bivalves." -- Ian D'Agata
- Item #: i_350891Bottle Size: 750mlRiesling is the king of Alsatian wine and the love of the Faller family. A dry and intense wine with much finesse from the estate vineyard, Clos des Capuchins. “Théo” refers to Catherine’s father, the indomitable Théo Faller, one of the most respected winemakers in Alsace before his untimely death in 1979.
This is more typical of the varietal on the nose than the Réserve Personelle and also has much more vibrant acidity. Sweet and sour with pungent citric lemon elements on the palate...almost lemon confit. To finish there are notes of butter and Granny Smith apple. It is ripe, yet not heavy or alcoholic
- Item #: i_350892Bottle Size: 750mlOrganic and Biodynamic (certified by Ecocert & Demeter)
Offers a delicate nose of fresh orchard fruit and light floral notes with a touch of beeswax. The granite of the terroir can be felt through a crisp and vivid acidity. The palate is light-bodied and balanced with a slight minerality for an endless finish.
- Item #: i_350641Bottle Size: 750mlGentil has become a joyous, convivial wine whose arrival the Hugel family always awaits with impatience in the spring following each vintage. Gentil shows pure, fresh aromas, very fruit-driven and floral, as well as expressive and flattering. On the palate, this dry wine has a lively, youthful fresh character that is refreshing, with a pleasant, scented finish. Gentil is a perfect wine to sip with friends or to enjoy with simple everyday meals. Gentil is best enjoyed chilled with saltwater and freshwater fish, shellfish, starters and hors d'oeuvres. Blend: 50% Sylvaner and Pinot Blanc, 15% Gewurztraminer, 22% Pinot Gris, 7% Riesling, 6% Muscat
- Item #: i_300182Bottle Size: 750MLJAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS: "Has some of the earthy power and complexity of a grand cru. An excellent balance of white-fruit character with robust minerality and crisp acidity, driving the imposing finish. Drink or hold."
Tasting notes by Serge Dubs, World's Best Sommelier 1989 :
Young, lively colour, moderately intense, bright lemon yellow with pistachio green hints, a flash of silver, delicately velvety and silky in appearance. Attractive, agreeable bouquet, not too forward, aromatic, perfumed, nicely elegant and refined. Mainly floral aromas of fresh rose, jasmine, reseda, lily, freesia, primrose, with passion fruit, mango and pear. The mouth is filled with aromas that are generous, yet still soft and suave to flatter and charm the palate. It is almost dry, with an elegant finish that is crisp and refreshing. A wine to enjoy now while it is young and its varietal qualities are clearly defined. Ideal as an aperitif, or at any time, to share an agreeable moment with friends. Serve at 8°C. Serve with cheese : munster, auvergne blue, stilton, aged goat's cheese, also with lightly spiced, tasty dishes, Chinese, Moroccan, Indian, and with fruit based cakes and desserts. May be aged for 2 to 3 years.
- Item #: i_351291Bottle Size: 750mlIn Alsace, Pinot Noir not only grows but thrives, and yet it has long flown under the radar. The Pinot Noir from Kuentz-Bas is an accessible, versatile red. Exploding with fresh blackberry and gently peppery, this is a great companion for breezy summer nights.
- Item #: i_351895Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC AND CERTIFIED ORGANIC
IMPORTER NOTES - "Literally the “sheep’s path,” Schoffweg leads into Grasberg and is an exceptional terroir: a thin slab of Aalenian limestone perched above the plains, the ultimate extension of the hillock of Altenberg in Bergheim. It faces east, but the warmer climate is tamed by strong winds. Drained by the northern wind in summer, protected by the foehn in autumn, this very poor terroir with rocky yellow limestone provides an extremely complex expression, without noble rot.
- Item #: i_351893Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 93 PointsCertified organic (Ecocert) and biodynamic -
VINOUS MEDIA 93 POINTS - "The Deiss 2011 Grasberg leads with saline, alkaline and marine aromatics, though also with intimations of the diverse ripe peach, pear, and melons – backed by distinct sweetness – that mark a ripe and infectiously juicy though firm palate. There is grip and nearly explosive interactivity in the finish, with nut oils, nutmeg, caraway as well as mineral elements bouncing off of the rich, resilient base of ripe fruit. Hardship of site certainly seems to have borne positive results here. Look for exciting performances through at least 2025. Deiss finds this “a bit timid” when compared with the corresponding 2010, but those are hardly words I would use to describe it!"
- Item #: i_351894Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC
VINOUS MEDIA 91 POINTS - "Bright straw-green. Precise aromas of white flowers, nutmeg and crushed stone. Dense but juicy, with strong acidity lifting the minty lemon and grapefruit flavors, complicated by a bright herbal note. A serious wine that is much more vertical than the Berckem, but also very precise. From grapes grown on grey granite soils in a lieu-dit is near Saint-Hyppolite."
- Item #: i_345852Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine comes from the estate vineyards of Domaine Marcel Deiss. It is made mainly from ripe Pinot Noir, with the utmost respect and without intervention. These grapes express the soil and climate of Alsace - it is a wine that speaks of our region : deep crimson color, complex and aromatic bouquet (hints of Burgundy's Cote de Nuits), silky mouthfeel, and thirst-quenching finish.
- Item #: i_345853Bottle Size: 750MLRiesling by Marcel Deiss is a white wine made from grapes of more than 25 years old vines and it is a wine characterized by a remarkable complexity. A very ripe apple is felt on the nose, with a sensation due to chamomile herbal tea, mineral scents and di lime. The palate is dense and soft, fresh, sapid and slightly herbaceous. Organic wine, made with old style artisanal methods.
- Item #: i_345857Bottle Size: 750MLMasson’s young Jacquére based white wines grown on limestone and schist, and aged only in stainless steel, crackle with electricity and elegant power. His entire range of nearly a dozen organic and naturally made wines are all stars in their own way. However, it is the wines that bear the name Apremont that take the range to unexpected heights. The family’s nine hectares of vines are primarily planted to Jacquère, a white grape variety that when grown on Apremont’s east facing limestone vineyards can (if farmed well) yield wines with a dense core of electricity, ripping acidity and always strong mineral impressions. Like many Alpine wine regions (for example, like Italy’s Valle d’Aosta and Alto Adige/Sudtirol) the climate can be unpredictable from week to week, but generally have hot summers and cold, harsh winters. The close proximity to the mountains brings these alpine foothills optimal diurnal shifts (large day and nighttime temperature swings), which during the months before harvest brings balanced physiological ripeness while maintaining fresh natural acidity. Crisp, Dry, Floral, Fruity, High acid, Light, Mineral
- Item #: i_300092Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker Notes - " This pale yellow Riesling has green reflections. The wine opens with fresh and alluring aromas of lemon, grapefruit and peach. Upon aeration, notes of sweet cherry blossoms are framed by minerally firestone character. On the palate, impressions of freshness and elegance dominate this well-balanced wine, but further tasting reveals opulence and a softly spicy finish."