- Item #: i_351957Bottle Size: 750mlDry Muscat, from one of Alsace’s most historic estates. Akin to riding a unicorn through a rainbow in an enchanted field of blossoming wildflowers. Like biting into all the juiciest fruits in the world—at once. And then that clean, mouthwatering, dry finish . . . This is not just Muscat, it is Boxler’s Muscat sec. Give it a try.
- Item #: i_321045Bottle Size: 750ml100% JACQUERE
From 50 year old vines grown on marl and limestone. This light easy driking wine is the perfect hot weather wine. Low alcohol, light and flavorful perfect before dinner or for just sitting on the patio taking in the sun.
- Item #: i_344105Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 95The famous Schoenenbourg vineyard is sourced for the flagship of Domaine Deiss. This Terroir is distinguished by its southern exposure and steepness with marl mixed with gypsum covered by the Vosges sandstone. The result is a rich, ageable wine of nobility, which magically combines an impression of strong extract with a weightless quality, very impressive.
ROBERT PARKER 94 POINTS - "Fresh peach and citrus lusciously inform the Deiss 2010 Schoenenbourg, whose creamy texture and honeyed richness, are matched by vivacious juiciness. White pepper, chalk, quinine, and shimmering mineral matter offer invigoration and counterpoint in a sustained and dynamically complex finish. The sweetness here is supportive without remotely getting the upper hand, so that I can well imagine over the 20-25 years during which this beauty will deserve to be admired, its versatility at table will vary inversely with a diminishing sense of sweetness.
"The vintage is not a reliable partner of the vintner," declares Jean-Michel Deiss. "Rather, it is every year an obstacle. You have to bank on your terroir." It's certainly easy to understand such an attitude when confronted with two such dissimilarly tricky vintages as 2010 and 2011, in which Deiss also credits the stabilizing influence of his terroir and vine management in his having "harvested significantly more wine than my colleagues in 2010 and significantly less in 2011." Apropos the faithlessness of the growing season and of vintage character, Deiss is wont to interject whenever I effuse over the scents emanating from one of his bottlings that aroma, too, is capricious and unfaithful. "I'm seeking to create wines for the mouth, not the nose" he says.
- Item #: i_353329Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2014 Grand Cru Schoenenbourg is still a bit discreet and reductive on the nose, but intense in its concentrated citrus (lemon confit) and earthy flavors. Sweet and piquant on the palate, this is a generous, lush and juicy, but firmly structured and vivacious, Schoenenbourg with a nice tannin grip, lingering and refreshing salinity. It has an exciting mineral structure in the finish and remains firm and precise. Very promising."
- Item #: i_352076Bottle Size: 750mlFull-bodied and structured Pinot Blanc, yet bone-dry and mouthwatering. It exudes fresh and fruity aromas of yellow peaches and nectarine. A hint of hazelnut comes out with air. The mouthfeel is dense yet lent tension by its zesty minerality.
- Item #: i_351603Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "Bright straw-yellow. Aromas and flavors of tangerine, guava, lemon jelly and lemon verbena are complicated by a strong presence of orange peel on the long back end. Outstanding acid-sugar balance (35 g/L residual sugar and 5.4 g/L total acidity) and a refined mouthfeel make this racy, fresh wine the best Gewürz from Weinbach in 2016. This really showcases the greatness that grand cru vines can deliver."
- Item #: i_353337Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91VINOUS 91 POINTS - "Pale straw-green. Bright, fresh and juicy, with Earl Grey, elderberry, mint and grapefruit on the nose and in the mouth. Very fruity and even more floral in its bright, vibrant personality thanks to the majority of Muscat Ottonel (70%) and less Muscat d’Alsace (30%); the latter variety gives structure, but it’s the former that gives perfume. Readers might like to know that this lovely Muscat wine from Weinbach usually picks up a note of menthol three or four years after the harvest. Makes a perfect aperitif wine."
- Item #: i_351602Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "This creamy and dreamy gewurztraminer is very seductive with a great lightness of touch. Wonderfully fresh and bright at the long, spicy finish, which has a slight bitter-sweet twist. Drink or hold. Made from biodynamically grown grapes."
VINOUS 94 POINTS - "Bright yellow gold. Aromas of peach, melon and honeysuckle are complicated by a mineral element on the captivating nose. Dense and creamy, offering terrific depth to the peach, mango and clove flavors. Finishes with excellent clarity and cut. A beauty; I like how this displays a terrific balance of Gewürztraminer richness, sweetness and energy. In fact, much richer and sweeter than the Cuvée Théo, but also better balanced. Weinbach did not bottle their Gewürz Altenbourg and Gewürz Mambourg in 2017 because of a frost episode that greatly reduced production volumes, and so all those Grand Cru grapes were used to make this wine. The Cuvée Laurence is normally Weinbach’s best Gewürz anyway (in fact, I think it’s the estate’s best dry wine), but in 2017 it’s even better than usual."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "From the bottom of the Altenbourg, the 2017 Alsace Gewurztraminer Cuvée Laurence offers intense and generous yet bright fruit on the nose. Creamy, dense and concentrated, this is a very elegant and structured Gewurtz with a long finish."
- Item #: i_350892Bottle Size: 750mlOrganic and Biodynamic (certified by Ecocert & Demeter)
Offers a delicate nose of fresh orchard fruit and light floral notes with a touch of beeswax. The granite of the terroir can be felt through a crisp and vivid acidity. The palate is light-bodied and balanced with a slight minerality for an endless finish.
- Item #: i_345553Bottle Size: 750mlFrom a vineyard of 45 years old vine, opaque purple color. Wonderful notes of fresh berries, black cherries, with hint of gaminess and spices.
- Item #: i_350641Bottle Size: 750mlJAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "A joyful dry white that's brimming with fruit aromas, from pears to lychee to flowers. A medium body with a very attractive balance of juicy fruit and fresh acidity. A properly dry finish."
Gentil has become a joyous, convivial wine whose arrival the Hugel family always awaits with impatience in the spring following each vintage. Gentil shows pure, fresh aromas, very fruit-driven and floral, as well as expressive and flattering. On the palate, this dry wine has a lively, youthful fresh character that is refreshing, with a pleasant, scented finish. Gentil is a perfect wine to sip with friends or to enjoy with simple everyday meals. Gentil is best enjoyed chilled with saltwater and freshwater fish, shellfish, starters and hors d'oeuvres. Blend: 50% Sylvaner and Pinot Blanc, 15% Gewurztraminer, 22% Pinot Gris, 7% Riesling, 6% Muscat
- Item #: i_300182Bottle Size: 750MLTasting notes by Serge Dubs, World's Best Sommelier 1989 :
Young, lively colour, moderately intense, bright lemon yellow with pistachio green hints, a flash of silver, delicately velvety and silky in appearance. Attractive, agreeable bouquet, not too forward, aromatic, perfumed, nicely elegant and refined. Mainly floral aromas of fresh rose, jasmine, reseda, lily, freesia, primrose, with passion fruit, mango and pear. The mouth is filled with aromas that are generous, yet still soft and suave to flatter and charm the palate. It is almost dry, with an elegant finish that is crisp and refreshing. A wine to enjoy now while it is young and its varietal qualities are clearly defined. Ideal as an aperitif, or at any time, to share an agreeable moment with friends. Serve at 8°C. Serve with cheese : munster, auvergne blue, stilton, aged goat's cheese, also with lightly spiced, tasty dishes, Chinese, Moroccan, Indian, and with fruit based cakes and desserts. May be aged for 2 to 3 years.
- Item #: i_351893Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Certified organic (Ecocert) and biodynamic -
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The Deiss 2011 Grasberg leads with saline, alkaline and marine aromatics, though also with intimations of the diverse ripe peach, pear, and melons – backed by distinct sweetness – that mark a ripe and infectiously juicy though firm palate. There is grip and nearly explosive interactivity in the finish, with nut oils, nutmeg, caraway as well as mineral elements bouncing off of the rich, resilient base of ripe fruit. Hardship of site certainly seems to have borne positive results here. Look for exciting performances through at least 2025. Deiss finds this “a bit timid” when compared with the corresponding 2010, but those are hardly words I would use to describe it!"
VINOUS MEDIA 92+ POINTS - "Good full yellow. Aromatic nose of lime, gooseberry, cinnamon and white flowers, complicated by smoke and a whiff of varnish; shows obvious notes of noble rot and gewÃ¼rztraminer. Off-dry on the palate, offering notes of spicy rhubarb and candied rose petal. Finishes with slight heat but has the material to support the alcohol. From vines situated very close to the Rotenberg at 350 meters above sea level, exposed north. This colder, later-ripening site allows for a more complex co-plantation of grape varieties, and this is why there is gewÃ¼rztraminer here.
- Item #: i_351894Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The bright and fresh citrus color of the 2012 Langenberg indicates a traditional field blend of different (mostly white) grape varieties, such as Riesling and the early ripening Muscat and diverse Pinots. The complantation is cultivated on the poor and weathered granite soils of a steep, south-facing and terraced vineyard in St-Hippolyte, and all the grapes were picked in one passage. The wine starts with a lovely clear bouquet of white fruits and flowers, along with refreshing citrus flavors and a stony/mineral touch. The minerality is even more present and expressive on the palate which reveals a subtle, gently sweet and elegant fruit, as well as a lot of tension and vibrancy. The Langenberg finishes pure, minerally-piquant and salty and with a stimulating grip. “Granite gives tension and finesse, not volume,” says Jean-Marcel Deiss, adding that the Langenberg "is a strict and protestant" wine. However, it is excellent at least for the next 8 years."
- Item #: i_345852Bottle Size: 750MLThis wine comes from the estate vineyards of Domaine Marcel Deiss. It is made from ripe Pinot Noir, with the utmost respect and without intervention. These grapes express the soil and climate of Alsace - it is a wine that speaks of our region : deep crimson color, complex and aromatic bouquet (hints of Burgundy's Cote de Nuits), silky mouthfeel, and thirst-quenching finish.
- Item #: i_334257Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92Wine Enthusiast: 94The robe is light golden yellow with green reflections of good intensity. The disk is bright, limpid and transparent. The wine shows brilliant youth. The nose is marked, pleasant and intense. Sophisticated, we perceive a dominant of exotic scents : grapefruit, banana, litchi, papaya and flowers (rose). The airing enhances these scents and reveals mango, passion fruit, spices and candied ginger. The superb quality of the raw material gives a brilliant, precise and distinguished nose. It radiates the expression of this excellent grape variety. The onset in the mouth is dense, fleshy and mellow. It shows a superb silky touch and a full-bodied alcohol support. The wine evolves on a medium with a frank liveliness, marked by a sparkling note. The range of flavours is in line with that of the nose, still dominated by citrus fruits (orange, grapefruit), exotic fruits (litchi, banana, mango, papaya), flowers (rose) and spices (candied ginger). We perceive a hint of savoury varietal bitterness. The finish has a long length, 9-10 caudalies, and a frank liveliness and a persistent bitterness. The superb structure is savoury. The rich and mellow body is admirably set against the edge and the refreshing firmness. All bathed in sophisticated aromatic flavours.
- Item #: i_334260Bottle Size: 750MLThe robe is a lemon-yellow, with light green reflections of average intensity. The disk is bright, limpid, transparent. The wine shows youth.The nose is frank, pleasant, intense. Elegant, one perceives dominances of fruity scents, citrus fruits, lime, lemon peel, as well as spices, ginger; Airing enhances the previous aromas and reveals a fine smoky mineral hint with a subtle underlying floral note. The nose shows a primary, reserved expression. The ripeness and health of the grapes are perfect.The onset in the mouth is moderately ample, fresh. The alcohol support is balanced. One evolves on a medium with a strict, incisive vivacity marked by a sparkling note. The range of aromas is reminiscent of the nose, dominated by citrus fruits, lemon peel, lime, always the spices, ginger, and this fine smoky mineral note. The finish has a beautiful length, 7-8 caudalies and a sharp, persistent vivacity.The balance of this wine is based on freshness. This crystalline wine renders perfectly the digestible character of this very beautiful terroir. Technical sheet by M. Pascal Leonetti"Best Sommelier of France 2006"
- Item #: i_334259Bottle Size: 750MLThe robe is light lemon yellow with green reflections of good intensity. The disk is bright, limpid and transparent. The nose is marked, pleasant and of good intensity with flowers, citrus fruits (lemon zest) and spices (white pepper). The nose has a nice character. Its youth shows radiance and a welcomed sensation of freshness. The balance is elegant and slightly strong, which gives the wine character.
- Item #: i_345654Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "For a seven-year-old dry white, this has great vitality. The more air it gets, the more candied-citrus, pear and dried-herb aromas emerge. Although the wine's frame is on the sleek side, there's serious concentration. The finish is very long with a cascade of herbal and mineral notes. Drink or hold.
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Trimbach’s 2011 Riesling Cuvee Frederic Emile leads with a fascinating nose mingling quinine and smoky black tea with the more usual lime, white peach and crushed chalk. Silken-textured and generously juicy, with hauntingly bittersweet inner-mouth floral perfume, it opens-up in an infectiously juicy manner one seldom expects from youthful exemplars of this cuvee, thus drinking-well before one is able to purchase it! (But at least you can safely count on savoring it in its elegant prime through at least 2025.) Lentil sprout, peach kernel, and almond oil add to the diversity of flavors already intimated on the nose in a superbly sustained, bell-clear and invigorating as well as surprisingly and delightfully buoyant finish.
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Lovely spice and smoke notes lead the way in this firm, linear white, accenting poached apple, chopped almond, dried thyme and lemon pith flavors on the harmonious palate. Best from 2019 through 2029."
- Item #: i_334123Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 90Wine Enthusiast: 93WINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - "Wet stone and fresh lemon are faint but distinct on the nose. A pure lemon flavor streaks across the slender, taut palate, with a comet-like spray of freshness. This wine is dry and, if it weren't for juicy glimpses of ripe lemon, would be almost austere."
JAMES SUCKLING 90 POINTS - "Quite tart and firm. This has enough depth to carry well, and there's a great burst of candied-citrus character at the long finish. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_353701Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS - "A lifted, almost floral, red-fruited freshness is subtle on the nose of this wine. The palate is exquisitely slender, taut and full of redcurrant brightness that takes on a mellower cherry ripeness with air. Tannins are silky on this elegant, concentrated wine that shows a light and knowing hand when it comes to oak. It's effortlessly elegant and profound."