- Item #: i_232600Bottle Size: 750MLBranham's 2018 "Jazz" trio continues to bring down the house! Presenting their group from the Napa Valley: 40% Petit Verdot, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 30% Petite Sirah. Sitting in for a short solo is the accomplished "Branham Rockpile fruit." Encore after encore, this proprietary blend never fails to satisfy the eye and palate. Refined melodies of black-plum, dark berries and coffee notes are enhanced by a purposeful symmetry of balanced tannins and acidity. Pair with music!
- Item #: i_227060Bottle Size: 750mlThis Zinfandel is co-fermented with a touch of Petite Sirah to add complexity and structure and then aged in large oak casks so the flavors are well integrated but not overwhelmed by oak. It displays pure Zinfandel flavors of strawberries, raspberries and a hint of dried sage. Grapes for this wine are grown at Grgich Hills’ vineyard in Calistoga, which is certified organic and Biodynamic®. Nestled in the northern tip of Napa Valley, the vineyard’s gravelly loam provides excellent drainage and the cloudless days and cool nighttime temperatures are perfect for sun-loving Zinfandel. The vines are head pruned to protect the grapes from sunburn. All of these features combine to produce concentrated, complex flavors in the wine.
- Item #: i_217260Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleA blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Zinfandel, and 5% Merlot.
Winemaker's Notes: "Rich and complex, this wine begins with inviting aromas of cherry and ripe wild strawberry, combined with hints of wood smoke and toasted marshmallow from barrel aging. On the palate, juicy layers of brambleberry, black cherry and nectarine are supported by firm, yet refined, tannins and impressive weight. Excellent structure from the Cabernet draws this wine to a full, rich finish."
- Item #: i_205230Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottle"Hey Aldo, when you stop by this Friday, bring me a few pounds of walnuts, some fruits and veggies, a couple dozen eggs and a Black Chicken!" - This was one of the many covert orders placed to Aldo Biale.
For over 70 years starting in 1937 the Biale family has been growing Zinfandel along with a variety of produce. Back then, a young Aldo Biale used to deliver eggs to local customers. Along with those eggs and produce a teenaged Aldo began discreetly selling his homemade wine to a few wine-loving locals in Napa. Because his rural home phone was a "party line" frequented by nosy eavesdroppers, enterprising Aldo used a code name whereby his customers could order wine without the risk of revealing his secret Zinfandel operation. Thus "Black Chicken" was born - the nickname for a jug of homemade wine from young Aldo's barrels hidden in the barn.
In 1991 Aldo teamed up with his son Robert and a couple other key figures to form Robert Biale Vineyards and with such long standing history, grapes and winemaking Robert Biale Vineyards gained recognition and a cultish following by Zinfandel fanatics.
The Black Chicken bottling is sourced primarily from Biale's estate vineyards in the Oak Knoll district. Round, plush, a gentle grip of perfectly ripe tannins, a spectrum of red and dark fruits - raspberries, cherries, blackberries, watermelon, bright vivid aromas, fine-grained texture, star anise, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, black and white pepper, cocoa, subtle nuanced oak. Age worthy, compelling, decadent: a beautifully proportioned Napa Valley Zinfandel. If cellared well, this wine will continue to improve for the next 3-5 years.
- Item #: i_265010Bottle Size: 750mlSky Vineyards is perched high between Napa and Sonoma valleys, nestled near the crown of Mount Veeder and open to the expansive sky. With fourteen acres planted at an elevation of 2,100 feet on the eastern-facing hillside, Sky's Zinfandel and Syrah vines ripen through sunny days and fog-cooled evenings into intense berries. The reddish volcanic soil and unique physical characteristics of Sky produce a wine that faithfully reflects where it was grown and the care and attention it receives at every step of the process.