- Item #: i_275494Bottle Size: 750mlCanoe Ridge Estate Chardonnay is refined and elegant and we enhance that style in the cellar. This wine delivers crisp apple and white grapefruit aromas and flavors with a clean, refreshing finish. We age the wine in restrained, lighter French oak barrels to maintain its fresh style.
- Item #: i_215480Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 90 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay (Santa Barbara County) is a terrific appellation level wine from Ryan Deovlet. Bright and delineated, with plenty of citrus character, the 2016 offers lovely persistence and class, especially at this level. The 2016 is a blend of 55% Sanford & Benedict and 45% Zotovich fruit."
- Item #: i_215510Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsDierberg has been on a roll the past few years! Dierberg sells much of their fruit to other wineries, but they have begun to keep some of the better sections of the vineyard for themselves. That being said, their own label hasn't skipped a beat, and is receiving the same high scores as their customers!
Located 13 miles from the Pacific Ocean in one of the coolest wine-growing corners of California's Central Coast, Dierberg Vineyard is on the western edge of Santa Barbara County's Santa Maria Valley appellation, which is world-renowned for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Their vineyard is planted to newer "Dijon" clones, as well as other "heritage clones" whose roots go back to the Burgundy area of France, offering a clonal diversity unlike almost any other Chardonnay vineyard in California. Last year's 93-point Chardonnay was a huge hit at our store, and this Pinot Noir is a great follow up!
This wine has the personality of many Chardonnay's from Burgundy's Macon region; baked apple, plenty of lively acidity and freshness, good body, and low to moderate use of new oak (about 20%). This is an amazing deal in California Chardonnay, earning 92 points from both Robert Parker's Wine Advocate and Antonio Gallino's Vinous Media...so grab this while it's still here!
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Dierberg Vineyard, aged 15 months in 20% new oak, has a nose of honey toast, baked golden apple, wet hay, earth, white peach and almonds plus a tinge of creme fraiche. The palate is medium-bodied with a silky texture, very lively acidity and a long, nutty finish. 2,675 cases produced."
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Dierberg Vineyard is rich, ample and super-expressive. Lemon confit, pineapple, lime and tropical notes infuse this lush Chardonnay with plenty of character. Supple, open-knit and inviting, the 2017 is best enjoyed over the next handful of years."
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Dierberg Vineyard (10 months in 30% new French oak) reveals a lighter gold color as well as a terrific bouquet of white currants and orchard fruits, brioche, spice, and hints of toasted bread. With medium body, a rounded, nicely textured style, good balance, and a great finish, drink it over the coming 4-6 years."
- Item #: i_216120Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 91**Please note, this is a half sized bottleDrouhin's Chardonnay Arthur is produced from 100% Dijon clones, grown on the Drouhin Family Estate in the Dundee Hills of Oregon. First planted in 1990, the low yields of these vines and their early ripening ability have been a perfect match for the climate and soils. Arthur, named for Veronique's son, is a wine that captures the bright, crisp acidity and mineral character of the vineyard, balanced with richness and lovely length.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Estate Arthur has a lovely open nose of red apple skin and yellow pear with nuances of tangy Greek yogurt, toast and lemon pith. Light to medium-bodied, it has good concentration of tree fruits in the mouth with touches of honey and white blossoms with great juicy acidity, finishing long with a touch of texture. 3,375 cases produced."
- Item #: i_216330Bottle Size: 750mlMount Eden has a long and glorious history. Originally planted by a man named Martin Ray, many of the original Mount Eden Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays are some of the best renditions California has ever produced! Flash-forward to the present, and the wines are just as good as they always were. In addition to their estate wines, they produce a second wine called Domaine Eden. Sourced from a well-maintained vineyard just one mile away from their estate, Mount Eden utilizes the same exacting methods for their estate wines: natural indigenous fermentations - both primary and secondary, French Burgundy barrels, no fining, filtration or any other manipulation.
ANTONIO GALLONI 91 POINTS - "Domaine Eden's 2016 Chardonnay is an enticing wine with a terrific balance of energy and also layers of depth. Tangerine, lemon confit, almond, dried herbs and tropical overtones give the 2016 a lot of character. In the glass, the 2016 is a bit wild and unruly, yet it is also full of character. The 2016 need time to settle down, but it is very pretty. The Domaine Eden Chardonnay is roughly 2/3rds from the Domaine Eden property, and 1/3rd barrels culled out from Mount Eden."
- Item #: i_215950Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Dragonette's 2016 Chardonnay Rita's Crown is compelling. Powerful and vibrant in the glass, with tremendous resonance, the 2016 is one of the more memorable Chardonnays I tasted this year in the Sta. Rita Hills. Lemon confit, apricot, flowers and white pepper all flesh out, but it is the wine's structural intensity and energy that leave the strongest impression. This is a fabulous wine by any measure."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "A step up over the Duvarita, the 2016 Chardonnay Rita's Crown Vineyard comes from a higher elevation vineyard in the Sta. Rita Hills and spent 17 months in 20% new French oak. It offers killer notes of orange blossom, buttered pineapple, and white flowers, with an undeniable minerality and salinity emerging on the palate. Medium to full-bodied, complex, and layered, with a great mid-palate and a clean, crisp finish, this beauty will keep for upward of a decade or more."
- Item #: i_218740Bottle Size: 750MLEl Molino was established back in 1871. The winery, along with the historic label, was resurrected in 1981 by Reg Oliver who focused on incomparable Chardonnay and distinctive Pinot from an appellation admittedly more famed for Cabernet Sauvignon. He left a legacy of environmental stewardship and enthusiasm for Burgundy varietals that has not been lost on his daughter Lily and her husband, Jon Berlin (Jon & Lily pictured top right). Lilly moved to the winery with the family when she was nine, and since child labor was never frowned upon, there was a lot to be learned by the age-old tradition of apprenticeship under her father. Lily uses these time-honored techniques to fashion a Chardonnay of impeccable balance that can age for decades!
El Molino's 2016 Rutherford Chardonnay displays rich complex fruit aromatics with ruby grapefruit, key lime, and lemon oil to the fore, supported by wet slate, green apple, and white flowers. On the palate the entry is plush and broad with excellent viscosity and great acidity. Full flavored and rich the flavors are long and persistent on the finish. This may prove to be one of their longest lived Chardonnays, although much willpower will be required as it is drinking beautifully now.
- Item #: i_218880Bottle Size: 750mlElk Cove's Chardonnay is hand picked then gently whole-cluster pressed to avoid bitterness. The juice is fermented in large puncheons and a mix of neutral and new oak barrels. They age in barrel for a full 12 months with some stirring on the lees after malolactic fermentation. This is their classic take on Chardonnay, one of the original varietals they planted in 1974 and grew for over 20 years.
A fruity nose sets the stage with lemon meringue, baked pineapple and wafts of almond cookie and creme brulee. Generous yet streamlined, this wine has a rich, creamy mouthfeel of quince and toasted coconut accented by fresh lemon peel and baking spice.
- Item #: i_223550Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay FRV Fort Ross Vineyard is a beauty. Clean, classic, and medium-bodied, with good acidity as well as notes of buttered orchard fruits and spice, it has plenty of fruit, good balance, and a classic Chardonnay profile."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Fort Ross Vineyard gives up notions of warm applesauce, poached pears and honey toast with a waft of lemon peel. The palate is medium-bodied with appealing freshness and plenty of spicy stone fruit and apple flavors, finishing on a honey-nut note. 508 cases produced."
- Item #: i_225560Bottle Size: 750mlOn the nose, bright lemon zest, grapefruit peel, and Mexican lime mix with spice notes of cinnamon and vanilla. The first impression on the palate is zesty citrus. The mid-palate hosts tart green apple, peach, and grilled pineapple. The finish shows notes of pastry cream, chamomile, dried apricot, and golden raisins. This complex Chardonnay also displays hits of a wet stone minerality.
- Item #: i_222500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+The Gran Moraine vineyard was planted in 2005 to several different Dijon clones. Located five miles west of the town of Carlton this site is one of the more westerly vineyards in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA and therefore subject to the cooling afternoon breezes that roll off the Pacific. A variety of slopes, aspects, row direction, and plant material offer a wide diversity of blocks to choose from when blending this Yamhill-Carlton Chardonnay.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Yamhill-Carlton has a lovely open nose of spiced apples, acacia honey, lemon cream, toast and dried white flowers. Medium-bodied with a great creamy texture, it fills the mouth with layers of honey toast, cream, ripe orchard fruits and spice, with great mouthwatering acidity and a long floral finish. 2,130 cases produced."
- Item #: i_226912Bottle Size: 750mlOur guiding philosophy is quite simple: great wines always begin with exceptional fruit. Committed to natural winegrowing and sustainability, we farm our five estate vineyards without artificial fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides. They are all certified organic.
DECANTER 97 POINTS - "Stunningly complex with aromas of smoke, brioche, toast and a little flintiness. This is beautifully balanced with a blend of sweet apple, oyster shell and gentle sweet oak. A classy wine with such potential to develop further."
- Item #: i_228640Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Three Jacks Vineyard comes from the cooler Green Valley region of the Russian River Valley and was fermented and aged 16 months in 30% new French oak. It has a deeper, darker, slightly more earthy and mineral-laced style in its stone fruits, brioche, honeysuckle, and hazelnut aromas and flavors. It's deep, rich, and powerful, with beautiful depth of fruit and a thrilling finish. It's a gem in this lineup. There are a scant 327 cases made."
ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "A dense, powerful wine, the 2016 Chardonnay Three Jacks Vineyard captures all the textural breadth this site is capable of. The apricot, orange peel, spice and tropically-leaning flavors are beautifully layered and delineated. The Three Jacks is one of the more ample, oily wines in the Hartford Court range."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2016 Hartford Court Chardonnay Three Jacks Vineyard gives up beautiful lemon curd, peach preserves and guava scents with suggestions of pineapple, allspice and brioche. Full-bodied, rich and seductive, it delivers mouth-filling stone fruit and tropical layers with a satiny texture and a long, ginger-laced finish. 327 cases produced."
- Item #: i_228780Bottle Size: 750MLThis could, very well, be one of the best joint ventures for Chardonnay anywhere in the world! HDV wines combine the exquisite and highly sought-after vineyards of Larry Hyde, and the visionary quest for perfection of Domaine de la Romanee-Conti's Aubert de Villaine. Using sustainable farming practices, and planting clones suited to the soil have given the Hyde vineyard a reputation that cannot be outdone. As for Aubert, his family's pursuit for perfection has given them one of the best reputations in the wine world. Together, these families have comprised a Chardonnay whose style is a perfect balance between California richness and Burgundian minerality.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Hyde Vineyard is a very pretty wine. Gentle apricot, tangerine, spice, dried flowers and mint are all woven together. Although quite subtle, the 2016 has plenty of structure, it is just expressed in an understated manner. There is so much to admire in this pristine Chardonnay from Hyde De Villaine. Silky and polished, the 2016 will drink well upon release. "
- Item #: i_232320Bottle Size: 750MLTobin James Cellars, located 8 miles east of Paso Robles on Highway 46, sits among 71 acres of vineyard's and oak dotted hills. A magnificent setting for magnificent wines! This region is wonderful for powerful reds, but Monterey County holds a better place for Chardonnays. Rich & creamy with great citrus flavors, this is the perfect Chardonnay for afternoons and light to moderate food!
- Item #: i_274338Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2016 Laguna Chardonnay offers elegant hints of refreshing apple, peach, and ripe orange. Expressive layers of caramel and spice complement subtle toasted oak notes. Full bodied with hints of cream, this wine has a soft, lingering finish.
- Item #: i_236870Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Jeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Golden Slope wafts from the glass with an expressive bouquet of buttered apples, smoke, toasted nuts, brioche and honeycomb. On the palate, it's medium-bodied, glossy and ripe, but remains fresh and succulent, finishing with good length and back-end grip. While it's one of the more open-knit, pleasure-bent of these Liquid Farm Chardonnays, it finds an appealing natural balance that also made it one of my favorites."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Golden Slope saw 15% new French oak, the balance was in neutral oak. Honeyed apples, melon, and ample mineral notes all flow to a rich, medium to full-bodied, mouthfilling effort that has nicely integrated acidity, solid mid-palate depth, and a big finish. It’s another outstanding wine from winemaker James Sparks that will keep for 5-7 years."
- Item #: i_238940Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92The grapes for this Chardonnay came exclusively from Macrostie's Wildcat Mountain Vineyard, owned by Steve MacRostie and his partners Nancy and Tony Lilly. Here the vines dig into the sparse volcanic soil and stand firm against the strong winds that race in off of the Pacific Ocean most afternoons. This fog-shrouded mountaintop vineyard is a classic Sonoma Coast site, cool and challenging, and produces wines of great distinction.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - ""The 2016 Wildcat Mountain Vineyard Chardonnay delivers notes of white peaches, ripe Golden Delicious apples and Bosc pears with hints of allspice, shaved almonds and chalk dust. The palate nails it with intense yet elegantly played apple and pear flavors, accented with plenty of toast and spice, and gives a long, refreshing finish. 1,595 cases produced."
- Item #: i_245240Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsThe Double L Vineyard is well situated to produce Chardonnay of the highest caliber. Located near the northern tip of the Santa Lucia Highlands AVA, the vineyard receives brisk afternoon breezes from nearby Monterey Bay. North-south vineyard row orientation allows for optimum sun exposure on the Highlands’ east - facing terraces. Wind and sun combine for a long growing season, resulting in vibrant fruit flavors with balanced acidity. The vineyard was certified organic in 2002, although it has been conscientiously farmed in this method since the original plantings in 1997.
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Limpid yellow. Powerful, mineral-accented Meyer lemon, pear and vanilla scents show very good clarity and complicating suggestions of fennel and toasty lees. Minerally and focused in the mouth, offering pliant citrus and orchard fruit flavors; deeper suggestions of honey and buttered toast emerge on the back half. Shows impressive depth as well as energy and finishes smoky and very long, with a suave floral nuance hanging on."
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "Aged 10 months in 15% new French oak, the 2016 Chardonnay Double L is a step up in quality and is a more serious, layered Chardonnay. White peach, white flowers, honeysuckle, and a touch of brioche all emerge from this silky, elegant effort that has racy acidity, terrific balance, and a great finish. Drink it any time over the coming 5-7 years, and I wouldn/t be surprised to see it keep longer."
- Item #: i_244840Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "From one of the oldest vineyards in the Santa Maria Valley, Paul Lato's superb 2016 Chardonnay le Souvenir Sierra Madre Vineyard reveals attractive aromas of yellow orchard fruit, citrus zest, peach and honeycomb. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, with more textural glossiness than the Belle de Jour, underpinned by bright acids and concluding with an intense, chalky finish. This is quite structurally tight-knit right now and will need a couple of years in the cellar to blossom."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "From a great site in the Santa Maria Valley, which is a cool region, the 2016 Chardonnay le Souvenir Sierra Madre Vineyard has slightly more tropical notes with hints of papaya, lemon curd, poached pear, and spice all emerging from the glass. It's a rounded, nicely concentrated, supple Chardonnay that has good acidity and freshness yet the more forward, charming nature of the 2016 vintage front and center. Brought up in 60% new French oak, drink it any time over the coming 7-8 years."
- Item #: i_215570Bottle Size: 750mlThe French word collines means "hills," and it aptly describes the Carneros landscape in the southern reaches of Napa Valley, where gentle rolling hills surround our estate vineyard. Deep, heavy clay loam soils, combined with the marine influences of the nearby San Pablo Bay and Pacific Ocean, give Chardonnay wines from this region a distinctive balance of fruit and acidity.
Aromas are inviting with notes of oak, vanilla, citrus, apples, and pineapple. This single vineyard produces a structured and voluptuous Chardonnay with generous fruit flavors of apple, citrus, and tropical fruit, with nuances of caramel and spice from oak aging. A nutty character and notes of apple crumble complement the bright citrus accents. The silky, creamy mouthfeel combines with bright acidity and leads to a clean, lingering finish.