- Item #: i_216120Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 91**Please note, this is a half sized bottleDrouhin's Chardonnay Arthur is produced from 100% Dijon clones, grown on the Drouhin Family Estate in the Dundee Hills of Oregon. First planted in 1990, the low yields of these vines and their early ripening ability have been a perfect match for the climate and soils. Arthur, named for Veronique's son, is a wine that captures the bright, crisp acidity and mineral character of the vineyard, balanced with richness and lovely length.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Estate Arthur has a lovely open nose of red apple skin and yellow pear with nuances of tangy Greek yogurt, toast and lemon pith. Light to medium-bodied, it has good concentration of tree fruits in the mouth with touches of honey and white blossoms with great juicy acidity, finishing long with a touch of texture. 3,375 cases produced."
- Item #: i_218880Bottle Size: 750mlElk Cove's Chardonnay is hand picked then gently whole-cluster pressed to avoid bitterness. The juice is fermented in large puncheons and a mix of neutral and new oak barrels. They age in barrel for a full 12 months with some stirring on the lees after malolactic fermentation. This is their classic take on Chardonnay, one of the original varietals they planted in 1974 and grew for over 20 years.
A fruity nose sets the stage with lemon meringue, baked pineapple and wafts of almond cookie and creme brulee. Generous yet streamlined, this wine has a rich, creamy mouthfeel of quince and toasted coconut accented by fresh lemon peel and baking spice.
- Item #: i_222500Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+The Gran Moraine vineyard was planted in 2005 to several different Dijon clones. Located five miles west of the town of Carlton this site is one of the more westerly vineyards in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA and therefore subject to the cooling afternoon breezes that roll off the Pacific. A variety of slopes, aspects, row direction, and plant material offer a wide diversity of blocks to choose from when blending this Yamhill-Carlton Chardonnay.
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Yamhill-Carlton has a lovely open nose of spiced apples, acacia honey, lemon cream, toast and dried white flowers. Medium-bodied with a great creamy texture, it fills the mouth with layers of honey toast, cream, ripe orchard fruits and spice, with great mouthwatering acidity and a long floral finish. 2,130 cases produced."
- Item #: i_275500Bottle Size: 750mlThe Freedom Hill Dijon clone Chardonnays are Meursault-like: darker fruit with a stony minerality and rich textures in the mouth. Winemaker Mark Vlossak struggled with the specific style for Freedom Hill Chardonnay until his visit to Burgundy and Chablis in 2003. There he tasted a grand cru Chablis fermented entirely in used barrels. St. Innocent's Chardonnay is now fermented in the same manner. Mark finally feels that he has captured the terroir of Freedom Hill . After settling, pure juice (no SO2) was barrel fermented with indigenous yeasts. The wine finished malolactic fermentation (wild) and was aged sur lees for eleven months entirely in used French oak barrels. It is unfined and lightly filtered before bottling.
This Chardonnay has seductive aromas of yellow peach, mango and peach preserves with hints of cinnamon stick and white pepper. Embracing your entire pallet with bright yellow fruit, fresh acidity, and Buttercup. This wine has a racy richness clearly differentiating it from "normal" Chardonnays. Impeccably balanced with the warmer fruit and floral notes persisting long into the finish. It would be a great match for fish tacos with mango salsa, grilled tuna pasta or pizza margherita. As lovely as it is now, it can be enjoyed over the next 8 years.
- Item #: i_266470Bottle Size: 750mlStoller's Reserve Chardonnay is a blend of their oldest Dijon vines on the property, which were planted in 1995. Whole cluster pressed to mitigate phenolics, this wine was barrel fermented. This wine aged in French oak for 11-months before spending another 6-months in stainless steel. Expressing aromatics of lemon curd, brioche and flint, the palate meets the nose with a citrus vibrancy and reveals a luxurious mouthfeel due to extended lees contact and balanced use of oak.