Chardonnay is a green-skinned grape variety used to make white wine. It originated in the Burgundy wine region of eastern France but is now grown wherever wine is produced. The Chardonnay grape itself is very neutral, with many of the flavors commonly associated with the grape being derived from such influences as terroir and oak. It is vinified in many different styles, from the lean, crisply mineral wines of Chablis, France to New World wines with oak, and tropical fruit flavors. In cool climates (such as Chablis and the Sonoma Coast AVA of California), Chardonnay tends to be medium to light body with noticeable acidity and flavors of green plum, apple and pear. In warmer locations (such as the Adelaide Hills and Mornington Peninsula in Australia and Gisborne and Marlborough region of New Zealand) the flavors become more citrus, peach and melon while in very warm locations (such as the Napa Valley AVA of California) more fig and tropical fruit notes such as banana and mango come out. Wines that have gone through malolactic fermentation tend to have softer acidity and fruit flavors with buttery mouthfeel and hazelnut notes.
- Item #: i_228320Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 93ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Cuvee Alyce is scented of fresh grapefruit, pineapple and warm apricots with hints of chalk dust, fresh ginger, brioche and cashews. Medium to full-bodied, it packs in tons of opulent tropical and spice flavors, with a pleasant oiliness to the texture and a very long finish. 1,120 cases produced."
- Item #: i_248840Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97+Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "Starting with the Chardonnay, the 2016 Chardonnay Wayfarer Vineyard is an extraordinary effort as well as world-class. Offering an ultra-pure bouquet of white flowers, tangerine, crushed citrus, and hints of brioche and marzipan, it hits the palate with medium-bodied richness, a seamless, elegant texture, riveting acidity, and a great, great finish. It's certainly one the gems in the great vintage and is going to benefit from a year or two of bottle age and keep for 15+ years."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay Wayfarer Vineyard opens with beguiling scents of fresh ginger, orange blossoms, baking bread, toasted almonds and beeswax with a core of pineapple, grapefruit, lemon meringue pie and green mango. Medium to full-bodied, the palate explodes with tropical and citrus fruit goodness, supported by a racy line of acid and finishing on a persistent gingery note."
- Item #: i_276650Bottle Size: 750mlEnjoy flavors and aromas of lemon curd, green apple, tangy pineapple and baked brioche. Spicy overtones reminiscent of clove, nutmeg and a kiss of vanilla add complexity. Forward fruit on the entry with richness and a slight creaminess on the mid-palate and fresh, lingering fruit flavors and mouthwatering acidity in the finish.
- Item #: i_230510Bottle Size: 750mlThe William Hill Estate Chardonnay has aromas and flavors of ripe tree fruit and spice, with hints of citrus and tropical fruit. This well-balanced wine has a crisp acidity and subtle notes of vanilla and toast, complemented by a creamy mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_295760Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "Lots of citrus blossom, salty minerality, and minty herbs emerge from the 2016 Chardonnay Zoto and its elegant, nicely balanced, and supple on the palate, with a pure, lightly textured style. Aged 18 months in 20% new French oak, drink this terrific value any time over the coming 4-5 years."
- Item #: i_295770Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsZotovich Cellars is a family owned and operated boutique winery located in coastal Lompoc, California. Winemaker, Ryan Zotovich is coming most recently from Sea Smoke where he began working with Kris Curran. Prior to working at Sea Smoke, Ryan was the assistant winemaker at Palmina. With Ryan’s help, Zotovich Cellars is proud to offer small, closely monitored lots of estate wine. 100% of the grapes crushed into Zotovich wine are grown on the 35 acre Zotovich estate vineyard located off of Route 246, between Melville and Foley wineries.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay offers lovely freshness and verve, with plenty of citrus, mint and floral overtones. Bright, saline notes extend the finish effortlessly. Drink this gracious, mid-weight Chardonnay over the next few years."
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chardonnay offers more peach and hints of tropical fruits as well as more richness and depth on the palate. With classic citrus fruits, some spice, and minerality aromas and flavors, medium body, nicely integrated acidity, and a clean finish, it's a terrific, classic Chardonnay from the Sta. Rita Hills. It too is ideal for drinking over the coming 4-5 years."