- Item #: i_210160Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2018 Chardonnay Estate has lush scents of baked apples, honeysuckle, honeycomb and hay with notes of quince paste and almonds. The palate is medium-bodied, rounded and slightly buttery with a long, uplifted finish. 10,000 cases produced."
- Item #: i_216330Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 92Mount Eden has a long and glorious history. Originally planted by a man named Martin Ray, many of the original Mount Eden Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays are some of the best renditions California has ever produced! Flash-forward to the present, and the wines are just as good as they always were. In addition to their estate wines, they produce a second wine called Domaine Eden. Sourced from a well-maintained vineyard just one mile away from their estate, Mount Eden utilizes the same exacting methods for their estate wines: natural indigenous fermentations - both primary and secondary, French Burgundy barrels, no fining, filtration or any other manipulation.
ANTONIO GALLONI 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay is absolutely gorgeous. Apricot, tangerine oil, butter and light tropical accents give the 2017 striking exotic character that match its rich oily personality so well. This is a decidedly extroverted wine from Domaine Eden, but it all works so well. There is a feeling of immediacy and allure that makes the 2017 impossible to resist. The Domaine Eden Chardonnay is a blend of declassified barrels (64%) and lots from the Domaine Eden property itself (36%), aged in 2-5 year old wood."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Chardonnay from Domaine Eden is blend of 64% Domaine Eden fruit and 36% Mount Eden estate fruit. The nose is driven by ripe orchard fruits with earthy accents of hay, almonds and beeswax. The palate is silky with plush fruit lit up by a mineral streak and bright acidity, and it finishes long and uplifted. 1,942 cases produced."
- Item #: i_248780Bottle Size: 750mlLet's be honest, when you have such notables as Randy Dunn, Helen Turley, Erin Green, and Michel Rolland having worked for a winery, you know great things are afoot! Jayson Pahlmeyer and his crew have worked hard for 30 years to produce the best Cabernets, Merlots, Pinot Noirs, and Chardonnays they possibly could, and they have succeeded year after year! The Pahlmeyer wines are highly sought after, receive lofty scores, and are coveted by consumers and collectors alike.
This year, it is their Napa Valley Chardonnay garnering the spotlight! Coming from Pahlmeyer's estate high on Atlas Peak, the vineyard ranges in elevation from 1,500 to 2,100 feet. The vineyard was planted by Davis Abreu, whose skilled hand has also worked with Screaming Eagle, Staglin, and Harlan. This site is rocky and desolate, with low vigor and good drainage; perfect for grapes!
- Item #: i_255200Bottle Size: 750mlThe fruit for this wine comes from vineyards in the Carneros region owned by the Rombauer family and select growers including the Sangiacomo family, long-term grower partners who have farmed this land for three generations. The grapes were gently whole-cluster pressed while the fruit was still cool. The juice was pumped to tank to cold-settle overnight before it was racked to barrel for primary and malolactic fermentation. The lees were stirred every two weeks to give the wine rich flavors and a creamy texture.
Enticing aromas of vanilla, peach and mango are layered with apricots, creme brulee, butter and a slight minerality. Those scents are echoed as flavors on the creamy, rich palate, along with peach, pie crust and baking spices. The long, smooth finish is marked by mouthwatering acidity.
- Item #: i_257970Bottle Size: 750MLThe Gamble Ranch Chardonnay is a big and rich style of Chardonnay in every vintage. It sees 100% new French oak barrels that are medium toasted from two cooperages. After 100% malolactic fermentation the wine remains in barrel sur lies and is stirred (batonnage) once a week while it is in barrel. This aids in the development of the Gamble’s signature rich mouthfeel, crème brulee, and butterscotch qualities. Each vintage of the Gamble exhibits an orange or orange peel quality that balance out the wine in its flavor profile. The finish might be another hallmark of this wine. It tends to linger on the palate.