Our 3,000 square feet underground temperature-controlled cellar now includes a selection of 10,000+ wines from many different wineries and vintages. This selection represents the world's finest growing regions from such diverse areas as California, Oregon, Washington, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Germany, Austria, New Zealand, Australia and Portugal.
- Item #: i_352676Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of two vintages 2016 Chardonnay, aged 2 years in barrel 2017 Aligoté, aged 1 year in barrel
BIODYNAMIC - NATURAL WINE
- Item #: i_333545Bottle Size: 750MLThe de Villaines farm three appellations within the Côte Chalonaise, namely Bouzeron (Aligoté), Rully (Chardonnay) and Mercurey (Pinot Noir). Their single-vineyard parcels are stunning examples of what this complex and amazing terroir can yield. Though their wines are quite enjoyable young, their ability to age well is what one might expect from a master such as de Villaine. Much of this is due to both the diversity of his vinestock and his organic and biodynamic methodology in the vineyards, both of which Aubert stands by with great conviction. He also ferments his Mercureys in wood cuves, a style adopted from DRC.
- Item #: i_345449Bottle Size: 750MLAubert de Villaine may be more famous for managing the legendary estate of Domaine de la Romanée Conti (DRC) but his passion for producing exemplary Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Aligoté does not begin and end with the wines from the Cote de Beaune. Truth be told, his true winemaking love lies south of those world renowned vineyards in the Cote Chalonaise district, one of Burgundy's best-kept secrets. The greatness of Aubert's wines cannot be overstated. They are among the finest that the region has to offer and are the ultimate expression of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. His innovative approach to winemaking spans the pages of time, incorporating tradition with a modernist’s mastery for precision and truth. Designed for immediate consumption or moderate to long-term aging, the red and white wines from Aubert's Maconnais vineyards are a must-have for anyone who is passionate about the wines of Burgundy.
- Item #: i_345448Bottle Size: 750MLBIODYNAMIC
Mercurey Les Montots is a powerful wine with aromas of dark fruit followed by subtle animal and spicy notes. The palate is rich and elegant. The wine’s distinct acidity lends it a very drinkable quality and evokes fruits of the forest. This wine can be enjoyed after between two and eight years.
Les Montots is situated on fairly steep slope with southern exposure, planted with a selection of Pinot Noir vines from Nuits-Saint-Georges chosen for teir aromatic qualities and moderate yield. Les Montots is a Mercurey of its own kind, structured and viforous, deep with a dark ruby color.
- Item #: i_345447Bottle Size: 750MLThe richest white Burgundy in the de Villaine stable, this Rully is an exercise in balance. Hazelnut and quince paste greet the nose, followed by a dense mouthful of ripe, succulent yellow fruits. Despite its voluptuousness, the wine is dry, fresh, very stony, and even salty—mouthwateringly delicious. This vintage is magnificent for Les Saint-Jacques, and ample proof of the high quality of terroir in this southern stronghold of Burgundy. The fact that it isn’t premier cru, well, that’s proof of a talented grower, because it sure does taste like it. —Dixon Brooke
- Item #: i_322611Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2017 Bourgogne Côte Chalonnaise La Digoine opens in the glass with a reserved bouquet of smoky blackberries, raspberries and bay leaf, followed by a medium to full-bodied, fleshy and supple palate that's open and charming, concluding with a spice-inflected finish."
Winemaker's Notes "La Digoine is a site at the foot of a slope, known for centuries to provide the deep soil and growing conditions necessary for excellent red wine. Our vineyard here is planted in moderate-yield Pinot Noir. La Digoine can be drunk very young. Within two or three months of bottling, it demonstrates immediate appeal with red berry fruit and a balance of roundness, structure, and lenght on the palate.
However, this is another versatil wine which benefits from bottle aging. After 18 to 24 months, slow maturation and evolution begin to make their mark, and La Digoine will improve over the next ten year, revealing the deep, complex aromas worthy of a great burgundy. Depending on cellar conditions, we recommanded twelve to fifteen years of aging.
Serving temperature for a young La Digoine should be around 60°F, and around 64°F for an older one. It goes well with red meat and any of a variety of cheeses, though soft cheeses like Camembert, Brie, and Vacherin should be avoided."
- Item #: i_311377Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Notes - "Our Bouzeron comes from vines situated on the best slopes of the appellations. We have planted the golden Aligoté doré grape, which gives lowers yield and more aromatic wines than its cousin, the Aligoté vert. True to its varietal nature, our Bouzeron is a liveley, fruity wine, but it also has a finesse and roundness that spring from the essential nature of the terroir. These qualities lend it great versatility. To best appreciate the freshness and fruit, it would be drunk young, within two or three years. To allow the wine to fully develop fullness and "fatness", age it for up to ten years. It should be served chilled, at about 54°F, as an apéritif, with seafood, or with a number of cheeses (goat cheese, Cantal, Beaufort, Parmesan, Roquefort, etc."
- Item #: i_333925Bottle Size: 750MLCERTIFIED BIODYNAMIC
This cuvée is planted in the decomposed granite terroir of Ajaccio in southwestern Corsica and is named for vigneron Jean-Charles Abbatucci’s daughter. He left the appellation of Ajaccio a number of years ago, because they refused to evolve their laws to accommodate the ancient grape varieties he had planted that were native to Corsica and pre-date the appellation system itself! In the 2017 vintage his Sciaccarello vines produced less, and there is a touch of Carcajolo Nero in the blend, along with Nielluccio (his father’s spelling for these grapes!). This medium-bodied red is a stunner with intense aromas of the local myrte that grows wild on this part of the island, great freshness, energy, and crunch, and the type of versatility that can accompany fish or meat and everything in between.
- Item #: i_372514Bottle Size: 750mlThis incredible white is composed of 90% Assyrtiko, 7% Aidani and 3% Athiri grown in vineyards located adjacent to the villages of Pyrgos and Megalochori, Santorini. The vines are ungrafted, dry-farmed and over 80 years old. The microclimate in Santorini is characterized as semi-desert, hot during the day and cooler at night. The vineyards benefit from the sea air and humidity. On the nose you find aromas of lemon-lime zest and pure volcanic earth. Chalky saline notes and crisp minerality in the mouth lead to a long finish.
- Item #: i_382502Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS MEDIA 90 POINTS - "Bright straw-yellow. Mineral-tinged orange zest, pear and jasmine scents are complemented by a subtle touch of quinine. Shows very good clarity and tension to its juicy citrus and orchard fruit flavors, which deepen slowly on the back half. Lingers with strong persistence, leaving floral and orange notes behind. (All stainless steel.)"
- Item #: i_372563Bottle Size: 750mlA delightful dry white from Slavonia (Eastern Croatia), this Grasevina (a.k.a. Welschriesling)was fermented in stainless steel with its native yeasts. It is light, fresh and fruity. Excellent with shrimp, fish, cured ham and hard cheese.
- Item #: i_204920Bottle Size: 750mlThis is perhaps the one wine that rivals our 'Wine of the Month' in terms of velocity. Our customers have come to expect our Top Cab Under $20 to over deliver for the money, so we take extra time in securing this spot.
In addition to working at chateaux Troplong-Mondot and La Tour Figeac in Bordeaux, winemaker Aaron Pott has also worked on the winemaking teams at Newton, Beringer, Quintessa, Krupp Brother, Blackbird, and Seven Stones. As you can tell, he definitely has a capable hand with Cabernet Sauvignon! Farmed from vines at an elevation of 2,400ft in the Red Hills of Lake County, just over the hills from the Napa Valley, Aaron crafted this mountain-inspired Cabernet Sauvignon using the same dedication to quality that he uses with Napa Valley fruit, as Red Hills often has similar soils and warm daytime temperature as its more prestigious neighbor.
This Cabernet is dark ruby in color with hints of purple, and the nose shows violets, cured meats, blackcurrants, black cherry, a hint of olive, graphite, and raspberry liqueur. Briary, with silky tannins and a combination of bright red and rich dark fruits on the palate, this medium- to full-bodied Cabernet has a finish that lasts much longer that most at this price point!
- Item #: i_381401Bottle Size: 750mlMerlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Franc
This is a ripe and moderately rich coastal Tuscan red, with enough extract to give a little velvety texture and structure. Driven by fruit (like plum, black cherry, and blackberry macerated in spirits), dried herbs, and a touch of vanilla from the year in oak. The finish gives you some pleasantly ripe fruit skins. A good wine for drinking on its own or partnering with moderately rich dishes.
This estate has been bringing us incredible value since the 90's with the help of the late legendary winemaker of Ornellaia, Tibor Gal, who assisted them in the start of their own winery. The Pellegrini estates include vineyards in some of the most reputable spots in Bolgheri. The home to some of the most well-known Super Tuscans in the world including the highly regarded, Sassicaia. The one place where Bordeaux varietals take precedence over any native Italian grape.
The Pellegrini family have been grape growers for many generations and have sold their grapes to some of the Top Super Tuscan houses for many years. Their property, Casavecchia, is adjacent to the highly regarded Ornellaia and shares many attributes of its more famous neighbor. Somehow, even in this high rent district, Aia Vecchia has brought us an affordable interpretation of this fantastic Mediterranean climate location. This fantastic Super Tuscan is drinking exceptionally well right now!
- Item #: i_333928Bottle Size: 750MLThe small family domaine in France that works traditionally using techniques and savoir faire passed down across multiple generations is under serious threat today. Consolidation, technology, regulation, foreign investment, globalization, and many other factors (all in the name of progress), threaten the great agricultural tradition of winegrowing in France, arguably the world’s greatest winegrowing culture. Few domaines in France embody this way of life more ably and proudly than Domaine Albert Boxler in Niedermorschwihr. Jean Boxler, many generations removed from his ancestor of the same name that moved here from Switzerland in 1673, currently rules the roost at this humble yet incredibly exciting domaine. Intense and serious about his land, his craft, and his wine, Jean is the genius behind what are certainly some of the finest white wines in Alsace (and the world).
- Item #: i_200560Bottle Size: 750MLThe 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is a classic Alexander Valley wine with medium body, great fruit flavors and smooth, structured tannins. Winemaker Kevin Hall added 11% Merlot for structure, a touch of Cabernet Franc for floral notes and Malbec and Petit Verdot for color.
- Item #: i_318005Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR - 92 POINTS Offers aromas of quince and honey, with the quince note continuing on the palate and combining with nervy citrus accents. Very suave and smooth, showing enough acidity for balance and dense flavors that carry through the finish. Drink now through 2031. 90 cases imported. — AZ
MOSEL FINE WINES 93 POINTS "The 2017er Urziger Wurzgarten Spatlese “Urgluck” was harvested at a whopping 96 Oechsle, i.e. well into Auslese category. It delivers a captivating and elegant nose of flowers, minty herbs and candied grapefruit. These are joined by riper scents of whipped cream and vineyard peach as the wine gains from airing in the glass. This delightful Auslese in all but name shows quite some creamy and ripe fruits on the palate yet remains at all time very delicate and refined. A touch of exotic fruits and honey make for a smooth and juicy feel in the long finish. A hint of zest comes through in the after-taste. This is a gorgeous Auslese-style wine in the making! 2027-2047."
Terry Theise note "Probably the masterpiece of their vintage, but not an “easy” wine. Extreme sassafrass, and very stony, but a hyssop-y spice trails along a subtle vein of fruit. Mosel at its most masculine, but hugely impressive, with its serious “resting face.”"
- Item #: i_200660Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90Jeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsBibiana Gonzalez Rave crafts her Alma de Cattleya wines as high-quality offerings representing the uniqueness of northern California's Sonoma County. Alma means "soul" in Spanish - and Cattleya is the national flower of her native country, Columbia. These wines are the perfect accompaniment to everyday meals and relaxing moments.
JEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - "A classic, authentic Pinot Noir that brings the goods, the 2017 Pinot Noir has perfumed raspberry and strawberry fruits, forest floor, and spice notes as well a medium-bodied, layered, elegant style that shines on all accounts. It way over-delivers at the price."
ROBERT PARKER'S WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Alma de Cattleya is a newer project from Columbia-born winemaker Bibiana González Rave. "Cattleya is the national flower of Columbia. Alma is the heart," she says. "I started this label a few years back. I wanted to make affordable wines. Working with fruit that produces a bit more volume per acre and showcasing larger AVAs. I tend to gravitate toward cooler areas within those larger AVAs." I'd say she succeeded—these wines hit at qualities way above their price points."
"Pale ruby purple in color, the 2017 Pinot Noir opens with Bing cherries, tart cranberry, blackberry, violet and tobacco leaf aromas with tangerine peel nuance. Light to medium-bodied, it's fresh and soft in the mouth with crunchy red fruits and citrus accents, framed by soft, grainy tannins and juicy freshness to lift the finish. 1,600 cases produced."
- Item #: i_378147Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 100If you're looking for one of the finest densely-packed Cabernet Sauvignon-based wines in the spirit of Bordeaux and Napa greats, look no further than the recently arrived 2017 Almaviva! This is a wine that regularly makes it onto top wine lists (the previous vintage was on Wine Spectators' top 10 for 2019), and this vintage will be no exception. In fact, James Suckling gave it a perfect score! As you can see, this is no fruit bomb, but excites the palate and the imagination with brambly vine-fruit accompanied by classic herbal and mineral qualities.
JAMES SUCKLING 100 POINTS - "The aromas of blackberry leaves and iodine are wild and exotic here with mussel shells and earth underneath. Full-bodied, tight and chewy with powerful tannins that show muscle. It's structured and powerful. Dense and very, very deep. Don't touch this until 2025."
Since 1998 Almaviva has been the sole wine of the Almaviva winery in Chile, just as the flagship wines of Bordeaux are known by the name of the chateau, and is a collaboration between the famous Baron Philippe de Rothschild company and the Chilean powerhouse Concha y Toro (it's named for the character Count Almaviva in the French play by Beaumarchais, The Marriage of Figaro, which Mozart famously made into an opera).
The complex flavors and textures of Almaviva are built by blending separately-vinified Cabernet Sauvignon with a significant amount of Carmenere, followed by small amounts of Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, and Merlot, and then by aging in French oak barrels for 19 months, which promotes a more elegant mouthfeel and adds subtle spices. This was a warmer growing season than 2016, resulting in a slightly softer and rounder mouthfeel, which means it's a little more approachable. Nevertheless, like most great wines, this is one that will reward patient cellaring as it unwinds and grows in complexity and elegance through the years, though with a long time in the decanter and a great meal, you can always enjoy it earlier!
- Item #: i_381772Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
We have featured this Spanish beauty before and probably will do so again. Why? Because it is superlative juice for the money and it checks all the boxes for what we want in a warm-weather wine. Great fruit balanced with a fine body of tannins and acidity? Yep. Light on its feet and shows versatility with food? You bet. Depth, character and layers of flavor? Nailed it. While ideal for late summer and early fall (definitely not a 'heavy' wine), it really is balanced enough to enjoy year-round.
A relatively new winery, The Altes family was involved in grape-growing before, in 2010, the son decided to make wine from the father's grapes, desiring to put the family name on the literal fruits of their labors (a natural progression in the wine world). They produce excellent wines that have been well-received commercially and critically. This has allowed the family to invest in vineyards and, in 2016, they began construction on a new winery.
D.O. Terra Alta (literally 'high ground') is located in the southwest corner of Spain, in the province of Tarragona. Garnatxa Negra (grenache) thrives in hot, dry climates so is an excellent match for the weather in Terra Alta. With the altitude, the grapes have to work even harder, making for more concentrated flavors and more interesting wines.
Fresh raspberries, cherries and plums fill the nose of this wine, bolstered by notes of cedar, rose petal, forest hillside and a background hint of citrus peel; uplifting and refreshing. The bright fruits are reiterated in the palate with cherry and raspberry in the foreground. Streaks of minerality and subtle earthiness, along with medium acidity and balanced, buoyant tannins, add both depth and brightness to the glass. Again, this is a great wine for warmer temps but will bring some of that summer sun for colder climes. We really enjoyed tasting this and will be particularly interested in introducing it to our grills on football Saturdays (Hello barbecued beef, lamb and al pastor-- meat your new best friends!).
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 90 POINTS - "Vivid ruby. Vibrant, spice-accented dark berry and violet scents show very good clarity and pick up a mineral nuance with aeration. Juicy, focused and lithe on the palate, offering appealingly sweet boysenberry and cherry flavors that deepen steadily through the back half. Shows strong intensity and sharp definition on a long, floral-tinged finish that's given shape by silky, even tannins."
- Item #: i_378696Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 92Decanter: 92 Points55% Garnacha & 45% Carinena
DECANTER 92 POINTS - "Luxurious aromas of plums, violets and cedar with delicious red fruit quality. Palate is fresh, with nice concentration and soft tannins."
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Enveloping black-cherry and blueberry aromas, but also notes of licorice and smoke. A bold and powerful Priorat with discreet oak and plenty of freshness. The tannins are supple and beautifully integrated, the finish generous and polished."
While originally conceived of as a value wine, Les Terrasses "Velles Vignes" has slowly evolved into the essence of what makes Priorat special. Drawing on 15+ years of study, Terrasses is sourced from many of the region's steepest and oldest vineyards-many of them north-facing to avoid the intense afternoon sun. With the 2007 vintage, Alvaro acknowledged Les Terrasses' "graduation" by adding the "Velles Vignes" designation to the label.
The son of the owners of Rioja's Palacios Remondo, Alvaro Palacios spent his early 20s working and studying winemaking outside of Spain. His experience abroad - particularly in Bordeaux - instilled in him a deep passion for great wines and led him to return to Spain. With the ambition to make wines that could be world-class. To achieve this dream, Palacios was drawn to the historic hillsides of slate soil and its traditional grape varieties of Garnacha and Carinena. Now widely considered to be among the more important new Spanish wineries in a generation, Alvaro Palacios embodies the spirit of "The New Spain."