Our 3,000 square feet underground temperature-controlled cellar now includes a selection of 10,000+ wines from many different wineries and vintages. This selection represents the world's finest growing regions from such diverse areas as California, Oregon, Washington, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Germany, Austria, New Zealand, Australia and Portugal.
- Item #: i_375800Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93PETER LEIM 1+ STARS-"It’s dark and stony on both the nose and palate, de-emphasizing its fruit flavors, yet it avoids the vegetal character typical of the vintage, instead feeling savory and strongly chalky even to the point of bitterness, albeit in an appealing way. It grows in intensity the farther back it moves on the palate, finishing with harmony and length. This is excellent, and it will be fascinating to see how it evolves with further aging. Last tasted: 2/18
- Item #: i_304569Bottle Size: 750ML50% Pinot Noir and 50% Chardonnay, all from Bereche’s home village of Ludes, in the Montage de Reims. All the vines are mid-slope, which Bereche believe produces the grapes that result in the most minerality. This 2011 was disgorged in July 2018 with a dosage of 3.5 g/l.
- Item #: i_382501Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS MEDIA 91 POINTS - "Aromas of dried cherry and red berries are complemented by suggestions of succulent herbs and coconut. Chewy and focused on the palate, offering bitter cherry and red currant flavors that pick up smoke and spice flourishes on the back half. Dusty tannins build slowly on the finish and frame lingering cherry and licorice notes.”
- Item #: i_305130Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 96 POINTS - "A wine of pure femininity and grace, the 2011 Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Vigneto La Casuccia is wonderfully fleshy and radiant in the glass. Rose petal, sweet red cherry, tobacco, mint and spices meld together as this effortless, supple wine shows off its undeniably appealing personality. Sweet, silky tannins wrap around a super-expressive finish laced with knock-out aromatics. The 2011 is firing on all cylinders today."
The La Casuccia vineyard comprises 12.58 hectares, of which some 6 were planted in 1978; the remainder was planted in 2007 at a density of 5,300 vines per hectare. The elevation ranges from 480 metres to 526 for the vines at Adine. Soils are fairly consistent throughout, predominantly calcareous clay. The vines are vertically-trained to the single Guyot system in 8.04 hectares and to the open lyre in 4.54. The vineyard is sub-divided into 17 parcels, all planted to the traditional varieties authorised by the production code. One parcel is planted to Merlot; its wine is produced only in exceptional growing years, and in very limited quantities. The first vintage was bottled in 1985.
Deep, very luminous ruby red. Multi-layered, full-volumed nose of fruit, ranging through wild cherry, tobacco leaf, black liquorice, and mint. Equally superb richness and elegance in the mouth, excelling in depth and balance of all components, including the tannins.
- Item #: i_305125Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 95+ POINTS - 'Ama's 2011 Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Vigneto Bellavista shows the darker, more brooding style of Sangiovese at Ama. Graphite, smoke, tar, licorice, incense and cloves wrap around a core of dark fruit. A wine of gravitas and vertical structure, the 2011 will reward several decades of cellaring. This is an unusually stern wine for the vintage though. Readers will have to be patient to experience the Bellavista at its best. Still, I can't help notice how much the 2011 has grown in bottle over the last year."
The Bellavista vineyard comprises 22.82 hectares, planted part in 1974 and 1978 (ca. 9.31 hectares), while the remaining 13.51 hectares were planted between 2006 and 2008; the elevation varies from 530 metres, in the area known as Bellaria, and 456 metres, for Campinuovi. The soils are predominantly clay, with abundant pebble-gravel component. 16.34 hectares are vertically-trained to the single Guyot system, and the remaining 6.48 hectares are trained to the open lyre configuration. The first release of this much-prized selection was in 1978; it is produced only in the finest growing years, in very limited quantity.
A purple-shot, deep red ruby. An emphatic spice is the first to make itself felt, classic to the Bellavista vineyard, but superbly married with well-ripened wild cherry, redcurrant, black liquorice, mint, and tobacco leaf. Powerful and masculine in its expression, the contribution of its considerable extraction. Its harmony of components and sheer elegance make this wine an extraordinary example of a Super Chianti Classico.
- Item #: i_302091Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Cerbaiona's 2011 Brunello di Montalcino is one of the protagonists of the vintage. There is no denying the sheer beauty and focus of this wine. It makes a fabulous first impact with super sharp tones of wild berry, cola, balsam herb, flint and crushed oyster shell. Those drying mineral notes leave a lasting impression. In the mouth, this wine is super elegant, tight and delicately nuanced. Unfortunately, I have not had the best track record with aged Brunello from Cerbaiona (ten years or more) personally, but I am hopeful that a wine of this caliber and depth will restore my faith. No matter what the aging trajectory ultimately demonstrates, this wine certainly does taste fantastic at this young stage."
- Item #: i_302311Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 96WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Cerbaiona's 2011 Brunello di Montalcino is one of the protagonists of the vintage. There is no denying the sheer beauty and focus of this wine. It makes a fabulous first impact with super sharp tones of wild berry, cola, balsam herb, flint and crushed oyster shell. Those drying mineral notes leave a lasting impression. In the mouth, this wine is super elegant, tight and delicately nuanced. Unfortunately, I have not had the best track record with aged Brunello from Cerbaiona (ten years or more) personally, but I am hopeful that a wine of this caliber and depth will restore my faith. No matter what the aging trajectory ultimately demonstrates, this wine certainly does taste fantastic at this young stage."
- Item #: i_321118Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS: "The renowned Chateau Margaux's 2011 boasts a dark ruby/plum color as well as a fragrant perfume of spring flowers, sweet, supple, well-integrated tannins, medium body, and the elegance and nobility expected from a great first-growth. Although it is not as powerful or concentrated as the 2009 or 2010 (no 2011s are), it possesses finesse, elegance, purity and suppleness. The wine is surprisingly approachable already yet should keep for 15-20 years."
- Item #: i_380010Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 91WINEMAKER NOTES - "The 2009 Dehesa La Granja is uniquely silky, powerful, balanced and elegant. It contains lush notes of ripe blackberries, vanilla, cigar box and licorice on the nose and palate."
100% Tempranillo aged 2 years in American oak followed by years of bottle age.
- Item #: i_352481Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92BURGHOUND 90 - 93 POINTS - "This is quite ripe yet retains a lovely freshness to the cassis, black cherry, lavender and warm earth scents. There is excellent power and volume to the concentrated, intense and mouth coating big-bodied flavors that culminate in an impressively long and balanced finish."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Rich and dense, with pure black cherry and spice flavors. A bit rigid now, with plenty of buried fruit. Finishes with edgy tannins and good length. Best from 2016 through 2026. 250 cases imported."
- Item #: i_372356Bottle Size: 750mlEgervary's 2011 Szekszardi Bikaver is made from 30% Cabernet Sauvignon; 25% Kekfrankos (Blaufrankisch); 10% Cabernet Franc and 10% Merlot.
Bikavér is a traditional, Kékfrankos based blend of international and native varieties. A straightforward, fruit driven wine with ripe dark berry fruit character and soft, spicy, smoky overtones.
Food recommandation: pork, beef, wild boar and fowl
- Item #: i_325478Bottle Size: 750mlCertified biodynamic (BIODYVIN)
Vin Cent for Vincent Deseaubeau, (a.k.a. Mr. Bubbles) and Vin Cent Bulle because it sounds like Vin Sans Bulles or vine without bubbles. The first release was the 2011 vintage which was made from 100% Pinot Meunier pressed directly and aged for 22 months in enameled tank and French oak barrels. Successive vintages resemble more closely the estate’s vins clairs with small portions of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir making it into the final blend.
- Item #: i_301234Bottle Size: 750mlSan Leonardo is a Bordeaux style blend (60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Cabernet Franc, 10% Merlot) grown in the foothills of Trentino, in Northern Italy.
JANCIS ROBINSON-"I find it difficult to think of any wine anywhere, that has changed as little over the last 30 years as San Leonardo, surely the most successful Bordeaux blend of Northern Italy."
- Item #: i_333334Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95-97eROBERT PARKER 95-97 POINTS: "Offering more spice, cured meats, chocolate, cassis and vanilla bean, the 2011 Cote Rotie La Turque is more sexy and open-knit than the 2010, with full-bodied richness, sweet tannin and a hard-to-resist profile. It should start to shine at a relatively early age for this cuvee, but still have two decades or more of longevity."
- Item #: i_377922Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92The latest release of the Lassalles’ tête de cuvée marries the power and drive of the vintage with a velvety texture acquired from a seven-year élevage. This blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay is a Champagne of luxury, from its decadent golden tinge to the fine, persistent bead that playfully caresses the palate. Uncorking this euphoric elixir will guarantee a ceremoniously delicious occasion. —Anthony Lynch
- Item #: i_351349Bottle Size: 375ml**Please note, this is a half sized bottleJean-Claude Credoz is one lucky man. Not only because he lives in such an absurdly beautiful place but because he is one of the largest landowners on the infamous appellation of Château Chalon, with almost five hectares of vines.The domaine flirts with organic and biodynamic methods but have not committed to restraints they bring; Jean-Claude prefers to be flexible when he needs to be, especially concerning the use of copper and sulfur sprays in the vineyards. Vin de Paille is the French for "straw wine", made only in the ripest vintages. Straw wine, or raisin wine, is a wine made from grapes that have been dried to concentrate their juice. The classic method dries clusters of grapes on mats of straw in the sun, but some regions dry them under cover, on roofs, or on modern racks, while some hang up the grapes or leave them to dry on the vine.
Full body, Rustic, Spicy, Sweet
- Item #: i_382516Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Pale to medium ruby with a hint of purple, the 2011 John Forrest Collection Waitaki Pinot Noir offers gorgeous evolved Pinot notes of earth, meat and game with some truffle and mushroom hints over a core of cherry coulis and raspberry preserves. Light bodied, it fills the palate with lovely delicate red fruits and remarkable freshness with silky tannins carrying the fruit to a long finish."
- Item #: i_374583Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES: -"Our Metodo Classico has a heady effervescence that preserves its primary floral and fruity scents, enhanced further by a pleasant level of acidity. Millésime Variety: 100% Cortese, raised by Guyot Traditional Method Millésime The characteristic features of Gavi are brought out to their best by Cortese grapes “in purezza”.
Vinification: Grapes picked by hand and placed in small crates, immediately pressed by soft press. The first alcoholic fermentation comes about in stainless steel vats at controlled temperatures. Aging: Tirage (bottling) the following Spring of the Vintage year, “sur lie” for at least 18 months."
- Item #: i_333026Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE - "One of Jean-Philippe Janeouix's small estates, the 2011 Le Conseiller reveals the pleasures one can find in the lower-level Bordeaux if your selection is intelligent. The impeccably well-made, rich, medium-bodied, dense plum/ruby/purple-colored 2011 offers up sweet notes of camphor, black currants, black cherries and spice, a deep style and a heady finish. Consume this sleeper of the vintage over the next 3-5 years."
- Item #: i_301206Bottle Size: 750ml“Boutique winery Lisini makes quintessential Brunellos that perfectly demonstrate their exclusively Sangiovese origins. Given the cult status and high demand of Lisini Brunellos, these bottlings easily put to rest the idea that what people really want is a little Merlot blended into their Brunellos. Rather than overoak, overextract, or overripen, the firm prefers to craft its classic offerings with the denominations tried and true winemaking methods.’’—Kerin O’Keefe, Brunello di Montalcino
The Lisini family is one of the few that can trace its roots in Montalcino continuously back to the 1500s. The farmhouse from which they still work was built over 700 years ago. They were one of the original founders of the Brunello Consorzio in 1969, and have continued to dedicate themselves to Sangiovese Grosso 100%. The excellent position of the vineyards 1km from Sant'Angelo in Colle, which stretch for nearly 20 hectares, coupled with the great quality of the fresh and porous Eocene soil, allows for production of one of the best Brunello di Montalcino.
- Item #: i_301117Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 94 Points"The Boscaini family keeps a unique collection of fine wines in its private cellars, produced in limited quantities and only in the best years, which the family likes to share with lovers of Masi wines."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS, CELLAR COLLECTION - " Enticing scents of cocoa, blackberry preserve, new leather and baking spice fill the glass. The full-bodied palate combines velvety finesse and power, delivering spiced plum, raisin, clove and tobacco set against polished fine-grained atannins. Fresh acidity lifts the rich flavors while a licorice note lingers on the close. Drink 2021–2031."
- Item #: i_305482Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94100% Aglianico
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "A dry and aromatic red, with accents of cured tobacco and pencil shavings to the flavors of baked raspberry, licorice snap and tarry smoke. Well-knit and balanced, this is full-bodied, with dense tannins firming the finish. Give this some time in the cellar to shine. Best from 2020 through 2031."
Mastroberardino is another winery that seems to have found an extra gear or two over the last few years. The Taurasis remain the flagships, but readers should also pay close attention to the entry-level reds and the best whites in this range. All of the wines are deeply varietal, making Mastroberardino a perfect place to start learning about the great wines of Campania.
Serve with hard cheese, truffles, porcini mushrooms.
- Item #: i_352315Bottle Size: 750mlMade exclusively from the Savagnin grape, the Vin Jaune of Montbourgeau is always produced from a late harvest. After fermentation the wine is racked into foudres (30 hectoliter size) and then, after six months, racked again into smaller barrels. It is never topped off, the “voile” appears and the wine is left for at least seven years to age in barrel before being declared “Vin Jaune” and being bottled. The “Jaune” of Montbourgeau is more high-toned than the Jaunes of Puffeney and Gahier, less broad perhaps but more fine, a clear reflection of the appellation of L’Etoile. ORGANIC
- Item #: i_321121Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92+ROBERT PARKER 92+ POINTS: "The dense ruby/purple-colored 2011 Mouton Rothschild (90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Franc) displays tell-tale notes of creme de cassis, vanillin and spicy oak, more tannin than many of the Pauillacs, and a solid, medium-bodied, concentrated, muscular Cabernet Sauvignon personality. Still tightly-knit and closed, but with lots of potential, it is a big, firmly structured Mouton that may turn out to be slightly austere. However, there are many reasons for optimism as well, so forget it for 7-8 years. It has 2-3 decades of aging potential. Only 54% of the production made the grade for Mouton Rothschild."
"Mouton Rothschild harvested between September 12-26, producing a final blend of 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Franc. One of the vintage’s great wines, it is a candidate for wine of the vintage. According to administrator Philippe Dalhuin, only 54% of the production went into the grand vin."
- Item #: i_345859Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "The 2011 Pape Clement, a blend of 57% Cabernet Sauvignon, 38% Merlot and the rest Petit Verdot and Cabernet Franc, was aged 18 months in new French oak before being bottled unfiltered. Absolutely profound, with a complex bouquet of mulberries, black cherries, black currants, graphite and subtle smoke and burning ember-like aromas, this is a true super-star of the vintage. It represents a remarkable achievement by the winemaking team of Bernard Magrez. Full-bodied, rich and multidimensional, this wine clearly transcends the entire vintage. It should age effortlessly for 25 years."