Our 3,000 square feet underground temperature-controlled cellar now includes a selection of 10,000+ wines from many different wineries and vintages. This selection represents the world's finest growing regions from such diverse areas as California, Oregon, Washington, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Germany, Austria, New Zealand, Australia and Portugal.
- Item #: i_308344Bottle Size: 750MLIn the small town of Schweigen, Becker's vineyards straddle the French border… about 70% of this wine is grown in France, the other 30% on the German side. The soils consist of limestone covered in a clay/loam mix. The grapes are all destemmed and fermented in open tanks. The final blend is aged in large oak casks and 10% smaller barriques, all neutral oak. This is an incredibly drinkable, lovely Pinot with sweet fruit married to exceptional minerality. Notes of dried cranberry, pomegranate and light cherry entice the palate. Year after year, Becker's basic cuvee achieves the holy grail of Pinot: a light body belied by delicious flavor. Great on its own, but also compliments heavier seafood, poultry, and fine cuts of beef and game.
- Item #: i_375498Bottle Size: 750mlLiesl's red is 100% hand-harvested Pinot Noir from small estate-owned plots, macerated in stainless steel and matured briefly in neutral oak, hand-harvested from small plots with a maximum production capacity of 1,200 9L cases. The wine undergoes a cooler maceration in stainless steel tanks using the pump-over technique for maximum extraction. The wine is then transferred to large oak barrels which help “flesh out” the Pinot Noir without imparting too much “oaky” character to the wine. Liesl then spends several months in bottle before leaving the winery. Aromas of black cherry and dark fruits are accented by cranberry and savory notes. Allspice, cinnamon and clove come through on the mid-palate with the sweet yet savory flavors continuing. A nice acidity frames the wine, with a touch of oak spices and the red and dark fruit aromas and flavors carrying through on the finish.
- Item #: i_322825Bottle Size: 750mlDelicate aromas of cashew and rose oil dominate the nose. Very sleek profile on the palate, with more of the rose oil notes that were found in the nose, adding mineral spice and hints of raspberry and lilac. It closes with a clean, bright, juicy and long finish.
- Item #: i_322601Bottle Size: 750mlThis white wine is made of Pinot Noir. Immediately after harvest by hand, a careful whole-grape pressing was carried out, similar to the method used in basic Champagne production. After a temperature controlled fermentation, the Blanc de Noir remained on the full yeast for several months. The 2017 Spatburgunder (Pinot Noir) Blanc de Noir is delicate and elegant, with notes of strawberries and raspberries. An uncomplicated yet complex summer wine, it captivates with its freshness and juiciness and represents and ideal companion for summer nights. Pair with grilled meat, fish dishes, cheese and antipasti, or lamb.
- Item #: i_399970Bottle Size: 750mlThis Pinot Noir originates from various vineyards around Laumersheim and Grosskarlbach: Loess loam soils mixed with fine-grained limestone shape these wines. A medium-bodied Pinot Noir whose elegant aromas conjure up the scent of ripe wild strawberries, dried prunes, almonds, marinated cherries as well as the subtle undertones typical of a Pinot Noir such as melted dark chocolate and leather. Of medium density and structure this wine exhibits the typical elegance of a Pinot Noir with a finish of vigorous yet mature tannins. This wine has fine acidity and can be combined with many dishes and is suitable for ageing.
Wine Tip : Your are probably familiar with Pinot Noir from France (mostly burgundy), from California or even Oregon but you might be surprised to discover that Germany is the 3rd producer in volume of this amazing grape variety. Germany is not known to be the warmest location in the world. For a long time, Pinot noir had a hard time to reach the maturity level required to make world class wines. This very bottle rocks an Alcohol level of 14%, so the ripeness is there, combined with a perfect usage of old and new barrels and you got a stunning wine. This is complex, fun, balanced and is ready to drink now or can age beautifully for the next 5 years.
- Item #: i_322590Bottle Size: 750mlDELICIOUS! Von Winning practices organic and sustainable viticulture. This dry rose is a light salmon color. The aromas of just ripe strawberries, lilies, and a hint of golden delicious apple. On the palate, this medium bodied wine continues the play of "Strawberry Fields Forever" with the addition of "tangerine trees and marmalade skies," some salinity and deliciousness. The finish is of medium length with good acidity and balance.