Our 3,000 square feet underground temperature-controlled cellar now includes a selection of 10,000+ wines from many different wineries and vintages. This selection represents the world's finest growing regions from such diverse areas as California, Oregon, Washington, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Germany, Austria, New Zealand, Australia and Portugal.
- Item #: i_303557Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS - " This blend of mostly Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc, with a touch of Picolit, was bottled in July 2017. Once again, Bastianich offers us some wonderful candied fruit notes along with some tart lemon soda in the 2016 Vespa Bianco. The wine shines with bright intensity and possesses remarkable balance. There is a nice creaminess to the texture, and it has inner firmness and tightness that bodes well for the way the wine will evolve over the next few years. This is a beautiful blend."
Joe Bastianich may be from New York, but he is building quite a reputation locally with his La Mozza restaurants in LA and Newport Beach. Depending on who you ask, Joseph (Joe) Bastianich may be from New York, but he is building quite a reputation locally with his La Mozza restaurants in LA and Newport Beach. Depending on whom you ask, Joseph Bastianich is known as a winery owner in Fruili, author on one of the best books on Italian wines (Vino Italiano), one of the celebrity judges on Top Chef, or simply "Lidia’s son." Joe is one of the most accomplished and diversely talented wine personalities in America. His Vespa Bianco has a seductive richness reminiscent of Meursault’s “honey on toast” with layers of brightness, minerality, and floral touches weaving throughout.
- Item #: i_303580Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
Chardonnay 40%, Friuilano 30%, Malvasia Istriana 30%
This wine boasts an intense gold color which is given by the level of ripeness of the grapes at the time of harvest, by the low yield per hectare in the vineyards, by the increased skin contact during fermentation as well as the ageing method. It is sweet and open on the nose. It has intense aromas of fresh, ripe fruit, pears and spices, with a floral, honey-like aftertaste. Outstanding length and balance with sweet, packed tannins.
- Item #: i_302713Bottle Size: 750mlGenio ("genius") is the label for this project out of Friuli in Northeastern Italy. Gioire ("to enjoy") is the name of this particular wine, made from the Friulano grape. It's a wine made with minimal intervention, with a firm nod to tradition, and showing the fleshier, medium bodied style the grape can make. It's indeed a joy to drink, with moderate levels of pear and citrus flavors, yellow peach, almond, along with a fresh herbal and chamomile character and subtle crushed rock minerality.
- Item #: i_301912Bottle Size: 500mlA wonderful & traditional style sweet wine from Friuli made from dried Picolit and Verduzzo grapes. Genio is a very small producer making wines that are truly reflective of the Friulian wine culture. Sognare (sohn-YAH-ray) means "to dream."
- Item #: i_301618Bottle Size: 750mlImporter notes: "Produced exclusively from the native Pignolo grape and fermented on the skins for an extensive period in large wood vats; wild yeasts and no temperature control employed; then, aged in oak barrels for an additional five years and given bottle age of five more years before release; bottled without fining or filtration."
- Item #: i_300024Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED & PRACTICING BIODYNAMIC
Old Style Production Wines, Indigenous yeasts, Independent Winegrowners
Orange peel, melon, apple Golden and delicate yellow flowers
Linear, from lemon zest references, salty final, very dry and savoury
Ferdinando Zanusso set up "i Clivi" in the early 1990s. He wanted to preserve the character of the land using the traditional varieties, because he felt that the wines had drifted from their inherent character.
Ferdinando was able to purchase two ancient vineyards. Twelve hectares of very old vines on steep, terraced hills in two of Friuli's best sites: eight in Corno di Rosazzo, in the Colli Orientali del Friuli DOC district; plus four in Brazzano di Cormons, in the Collio district. The vines were in very poor condition, fortunately most could be saved.
The winery is certified organic, though this is a point of minimal importance, the wines are produced with a minimalist approach, in order to maintain the purity of the wines. The current production is around 1,500 cases of white and 500 of red. Ferdinando and his son Mario run the small property.
Soil of Marl and sandstone, 30 year old vines, gentle whole bunch pressing, indigenous yeasts, no malolatic fermentation, 6 months maturation in stainless steel, no oak, no fining.
- Item #: i_301904Bottle Size: 750mlORANGE WINE
This winery near the Slovenian border makes lovely minimal interventionist wines. This Chardonnay from the Venezia Giulia denomination is made with 7 days of skin contact and aged in large Slavonian oak for a year followed by ageing in stainless steel, then held in bottle for several years before release.
- Item #: i_305867Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 95Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Ribolla Gialla, Malvasia Istriana, and Picolit.
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "The complexity and depth to this wine is really beautiful with sliced, spiced pears and lemons with wonderful length and focus. Spicy. Showing beautiful balance and depth. "
- Item #: i_302650Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 91Wine Enthusiast: 91 PointsORGANICALLY FARMED
Jermann is a specialist in modern Friulian winemaking, led by their innovative "Vintage Tunina," which became a cult wine in the 70s, helping spur a revolution in the Italian wine industry.
JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "A delicious pinot grigio with cooked apples and honey and hints lemon rind, following through to a medium body. Dried-apple and pineapple character at the finish."
- Item #: i_302412Bottle Size: 750MLWinery Notes - "Brilliant lemon-green in color, Kris offers enticing aromas of acacia flowers, citrus, tangerine, and hints of almonds. Recommended with risotto, tossed salads, homemade pasta and grilled white meats or salmon." Kris is one of our best selling Pinot Grigios every year.
- Item #: i_301903Bottle Size: 750mlFriulano, Chardonnay, & Sauvignon Blanc
Aged 9 months on the lees in concrete. A variable percentage (from 10% to 15%), depending on the year, is fermented and aged for nine months in barriques before being used to complete the Bergul Bianco.
"Once upon a Time...that’s how children’s fairytales always begin. Our tale begins one day in May of 2005 when, after searching for so long, we set our eyes on this little corner of paradise. A small stone farmhouse on top of a hill surrounded by locust-tree, oak and wild-cherry woods and… more hills, reaching to the Once upon a time... horizon. In an instant, we felt we’d been catapulted into an enchanted world inhabited by fairies and sprites, the imps we’d learned of as children in the old people’s tales of our beloved Carnia. Hence our name, Lis Fadis (The Fairies) and our desire to give our wines the name and image of different sprites." - WINERY NOTES
- Item #: i_301913Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE - "The 2009 Friuli Colli Orientali Pignolo opens to a fragrant and floral bouquet with pressed rose petal, wild berry and cassis. On the nose, the wine appears much younger than it actually is. The quality of the fruit is vibrant and youthful. In the mouth, this Pignolo offers grit and determination with fine tannins and a medium build. It closes with smooth layers of richness and dark fruity intensity."
- Item #: i_379665Bottle Size: 750mlThe vines of Friuli are charmed. Cooling winds from the nearby Alps keep summer temperatures at bay; richly mineral soils are the legacy of ancient glaciers that carved each verdant valley and smoothed each rocky plain. Yet it is the playful Ostro, the south wind that travels from the Adriatic Sea with its fresh, sea-salty tang, that encourages Glera’s lively flavors and vibrant citrus tones. This new Friulian discovery from North Berkely is a refined, vinnous Prosecco that really over delivers at its modestr price point.
- Item #: i_305016Bottle Size: 750ml100% Refosco Dal Peduncolo Rosso. Deep red color with slight violet tint. A rich, complex, earthy wine. Mature, dark fruit aromas and flavors with a hint of spiciness. Characteristic minerality from the flysch Eocene soil. Grapes ferment with indigenous yeast. Wine is aged in wood barrels for a year then in bottles for three more years, leaving time for the wine to settle. An elegant version of this local variety. Pairs best with game, meat dishes, grilled meats or aged cheeses.
- Item #: i_301627Bottle Size: 750mlItaly is a treasure trove of rare grapes varieties and there is so much to discover and appreciate there. This wine is easy to love and for all of you Pinot Noir fans, this wine should be right up your alley. This is a chiseled, fine bone structure wine, with aromas of black cherries, underbrush and green peppercorns. The mouthful is vibrant with fresh acidity and delicate fine grained tannins.
- Item #: i_302054Bottle Size: 750mlScarpetta is a winery owned and operated by Bobby Stuckey, M.S. and Chef Lachlan Patterson who are the owners and creators of Frasca Food and Wine in Boulder, Colorado. Frasca is a restaurant inspired by the culture and cuisine of Friuli Venezia-Giulia, Italy. We work with three of the best vineyards for Pinot Grigio in Friuli. The first vineyard is on the rolling banks of the Isonzo River, the second is in the hills of the Collio and the third is in the hills of the Collio Orientali del Friuli. Our grapes are planted in cooler sites resulting in a wine of balanced acidity and alcohol. The wine shows that Pinot Grigio can be light and dry with veins of minerality and floral aromatics.
Aromatics: Aromas of white flowers, stone fruits such as apricots and peach and hints of minerality.
Palate: On the palate, the wine is crisp and dry with medium high acidity and tastes of stone fruits, lavender, honey, pear, white flowers and minerals.
- Item #: i_301909Bottle Size: 750mlFriulano – Malvasia - Ribolla gialla
Vineyards planted between 1960 and 1988
Sweet, large, spicy with varietal characteristics; with hints of citrus, almond, walnut, exotic fruit and hints of white peach, sage and white pepper. Wine with a great structure, with good acidity and harmonious fruit and spice; the typical almond aftertaste and exotic fruit is very persistent.
- Item #: i_302711Bottle Size: 750mlPRACTICING ORGANIC
This is a classic Friulian Pinot Grigio made by allowing the juice and skins to macerate for 3 days, giving it a copper-blush hue. Then, 20% of the wine is aged in 1500 Liter barrels and 80% in stainless steel for a total of 8 months. Refreshing and mineral, it has subtle orange and stone fruit notes, with a moderately rich mouthfeel and finish due to that extended skin contact. A flexible food partner!
- Item #: i_302735Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a reserve wine from Specogna made using juice & skin maceration for 10-15 days depending on the vintage, followed by the Solera method of aging and blending different vintages; in this case 2012 (60%),2013 (10%),2014 (10%),2015 (10%), and 2016 (10%), with aging taking place in large oak and cherry wood barrels.
The skin contact gives an intense copper-blush hue to the wine. The nose is complex, with primary notes of cherries and berries. On the palate it's got subtle crushed velvet tannin, with great structure, and persistence of those summer red fruits.
- Item #: i_372189Bottle Size: 750mlMade with no added sugar or sulfites. Syltbar is also vegan friendly and easy the waistline. A prolonged cold fermentation results in a bubbly with just 49 calories per glass. Wonderfully fragrant floral aromas are followed by flavors of pear, golden apple, white peach and lemon. Its bubbles are fine while the taste is well-balanced, clean and refreshing.
Food Pairing: Perfect as an aperitif or paired with a delicate seafood dish
Serve: Temperature 45-48°F, white wine glass
Color: Pale, straw-colored yellow, with light green hues
Origin: 100% Glera Grape, San Simone, Friuli Italy
Alcohol content: 11.5% by vol
Nutrition: 49 calories per 6oz glass*
*Certified by the University of Miami Diabetes Research Institute to contain the lowest amount of sugar compared to 80 other sparkling wines.
- Item #: i_378886Bottle Size: 750mlOnly 63 calories per 6 ounce serving. SYLTBAR has less calories due to an extended 4 month fermentation process that leaves only fruit sugar left. A vegan product that is low on carbs and sulphates. Made from 100% Merlot.
Food Pairing: Perfect unaccompanied as an aperitif or paired with ham, fried seafood, white fish carpaccio and fried artichokes
Serve: Temperature 45-48°F, white wine glass
Color: light pink, silky and radiant
Origin: 100% Merlot Grape, San Simone, Friuli Italy
Alcohol content: 11.5% by vol
Nutrition: 63 calories per 6oz glass
- Item #: i_373036Bottle Size: 750MLWINERY NOTES - "The natural copper-colored extracted with maceration is the signature of this wine and its richness with reminiscent of pear Williams, banana, and Acacia flowers wrapped in a slight scent of fresh apricot. Intriguing taste with pleasant flavors of pear syrup and quince peels. Good acid/alcohol balance with a long fruity finish"
- Item #: i_305348Bottle Size: 750mlPRACTICING ORGANIC
KERMIT LYNCH WINE MERCHANT - "Chioma in Italian means 'long hair' and 'canopy of tree leaves.' Though it is generally accepted that vines are trimmed of excess leaves or fruit to concentrate a vine’s efforts toward healthy bunches of grapes, Lorenzo and Federica let their vines find their own balance, choosing not to trim any of their vines. Suffice it to say that this is one of Duline’s many secrets to success. Malvasia Istriana is a form of the Malvasia grape that is native to the Istrian Peninsula, and it produces deliciously complex white wines that are a far cry from other Malvasia produced in central Italy. This is a seductive apéritif and an excellent seafood white."
Aged for 7-8 months: Half of it in 5-year old 11 hectoliter oak barrels, and half in 2.5 hectoliter barrels between 5 and 15-years old.
- Item #: i_302718Bottle Size: 750mlCERTIFIED ORGANIC
From the Colli Orienatli part of Friuli in Northeastern Italy, this Friulano was made by a 38 day maceration in amphorae followed by pressing and mellowing in amphorae for another 9 months. Bone dry and rich in body.
Delicate aromas and flavours of watercress, almond, country meadow and brie. Bouquet development over time adds a third complexing dimension of dried straw/hay and terpenes reminiscent of gracefully aged Rieslings. A sensory experience.