Our 3,000 square feet underground temperature-controlled cellar now includes a selection of 10,000+ wines from many different wineries and vintages. This selection represents the world's finest growing regions from such diverse areas as California, Oregon, Washington, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Germany, Austria, New Zealand, Australia and Portugal.
- Item #: i_200730Bottle Size: 750mlLocated in the coastal foothills of the Santa Lucia Mountain Range, the vineyards selected for this Reserve Monterey County Chardonnay are consistently cooled by the marine layer funneled in from the Monterey Bay throughout the growing season. Fog that is late to burn off, and a cool midday breeze, extend hang time to allow the grapes to be picked at the peak of the fruit’s flavor and acidity.
This juicy, fruit driven Chardonnay is dominated by aromas of ripe golden apples, tropical pineapple and coconut, and zesty Meyer lemons. Not to be outdone, the luscious palate is balanced by bright acids and mild oak influence gives this wine a delicious lingering finish.
- Item #: i_205300Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 92 POINTS - "Brilliant yellow. Displays fresh melon, Meyer lemon and pear skin scents that are sharpened by a suggestion of dusty minerals. Seamless and sharply focused in the mouth, offering juicy citrus and orchard fruit flavors. A jolt of quinine adds a refreshingly bitter edge. Deeper notes of honey and toasty lees come out on the penetrating finish, which hangs on with excellent tenacity."
- Item #: i_276541Bottle Size: 750mlAged 9 months in barrel, 16% new French oak. · Moderately light ruby red color in the glass. The nose opens nicely over time in the glass, offering fresh aromas of dark red cherry, spice and dusty oak. Light weighted and easy going, with bright flavors of cherry, strawberry and mocha. Lacy in texture with silky tannins and a cherry-fueled finish. A simple but redeeming wine.
- Item #: i_216010Bottle Size: 750mlChamisal's 2017 Monterey County Chardonnay is vinified using traditional Burgundian winemaking techniques. This includes whole cluster pressing, barrel fermentations, batonnage, native yeast, and malolactic fermentation. They utilize press cuts to fine-tune quality and vinify in many small lots, allowing to assemble their Monterey Chardonnay with a focus on quality and richness.
This full-bodied wine exhibits classic varietal characteristics with aromas of toasted oak and creme brrlee. The entry is fruit driven with hints of lemon cream, Fuji apple, ripe pineapple and baked pear, leading to a rich and creamy mid-palate. Finishing clean with lingering acidity and broad texture, the wine is a beautiful example of Monterey County Chardonnay.
- Item #: i_211110Bottle Size: 750mlClaiborne & Churchill first wine from 2017 fall’s harvest to be bottled and released, this signature wine of Claiborne & Churchill is welcome indeed, since the supply of the 2016 is all but gone. At this point in its young life, it is light straw in color and boasts bright tropical notes of pineapple and guava. The lively, crisp-apple acidity on the finish provides a nice balance to a lush and creamy texture on the palate. This is their thirty-fifth consecutive vintage of Dry Gewürztraminer, and one of the best!
- Item #: i_228600Bottle Size: 750mlHahn SLH Chardonnay has crisp aromas of honeysuckle, vanilla, hints of citrus and banana. Full bodied flavors with viscous, round mouth-feel of citrus balances the crisp finish.
- Item #: i_228290Bottle Size: 750mlThe Hahn Family has been farming in the Santa Lucia Highlands area since the late ‘70s with land purchased to graze livestock. It didn’t take long for Nicky Hahn to see a much greater potential for his acreage and by 1980 had produced his first wine. The region’s climate was unique from surrounding areas and over the next 8 years it gained its status as an AVA thanks to Nicky Hahn leading the charge. Over the years the family has acquired additional Vineyards in the region totaling 650 acres all sustainably farmed and family operated.
- Item #: i_228240Bottle Size: 750mlHahn's Chardonnay highlights some of the best vineyards in Monterey and Santa Lucia Highlands. This high coastal region greets the day with morning sun giving way to afternoon breezes, the perfect setting for this Burgundian varietal. In the glass it gives a light golden hue with lemon peel, and pear on the nose. Once tasted it reveals layers of subtle peach and pineapple with a touch of vanilla toast. A clean finish leaves lingering hints of tropical lychee and green bananas. This medium-bodied wine has a crisp acidity and well rounded, making it a perfect accompaniment for pasta dishes, chicken, grilled prawns and white corn salad.
- Item #: i_228210Bottle Size: 750mlSince 1980 the Hahn family has cultivated their hillside vineyards in Monterey County. Today, Hahn Winery remains committed to crafting rich, supple wines which consistently over deliver on quality. The grapes for this wine were grown in the Arroyo Seco appellation of Monterey County, which sits on a gravelly alluvial plain beneath the Santa Lucia mountain range. Cool winds from Monterey Bay ensure gradual ripening and development of vibrant flavors. The rocky soils allow excellent drainage, enhancing intensity and promoting balanced ripeness and acidity.
This wine’s bouquet charms with scents of red cherry, ripe strawberry, cola and spice. On the palate soft mouthfeel complements flavors recalling plums and black cherry. upple tannins and a dash of acidity end in a beautifully balanced, clean finish.
- Item #: i_238560Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker's Tasting Notes: "Light straw in color, this 2017 Arroyo Vista Chardonnay exhibits intriguing aromas of Meyer lemon cream, yellow flowers, baked pear, creme brulee and toasted hazelnuts. The rich palate texture is derived from the use of classic Burgundian techniques, such as primary and malolactic fermentation in French oak barrels and weekly stirring of the lees during aging. The texture is balanced by fresh flavors of apple, pear, and citrus, with a long, sweet oak finish."
- Item #: i_238390Bottle Size: 750mlThe grapes for the J. Lohr Estates Flume Crossing Sauvignon Blanc are grown in the well-drained, sandy, cobblestone soils deposited by the Arroyo Seco River. These rugged soils keep yields in check and produce fruit with varietal intensity, minerality, and exceptional weight. The long cool growing season of the Arroyo Seco appellation ensures that the fleeting, exotic fruit flavors of Sauvignon Blanc are retained along with vibrant natural acidity. The Flume Crossing Sauvignon Blanc is created to be an expression of pure varietal character, influenced only by its terroir and gently guided by minimal farming and winemaking practices.
Winemaker's Notes: "The 2017 Flume Crossing Sauvignon Blanc is pale yellow in color, highlighted by aromas of honeysuckle and daffodil, bell pepper, fresh herbs, and lime. Barrel aging this wine in acacia wood results in a rich texture and a long finish."
- Item #: i_232320Bottle Size: 750MLTobin James Cellars, located 8 miles east of Paso Robles on Highway 46, sits among 71 acres of vineyard's and oak dotted hills. A magnificent setting for magnificent wines! This region is wonderful for powerful reds, but Monterey County holds a better place for Chardonnays. Rich & creamy with great citrus flavors, this is the perfect Chardonnay for afternoons and light to moderate food!
- Item #: i_211510Bottle Size: 750mlIn the glass, the 2016 Dry Riesling shows aromatics of stone fruit and herbal citrus zest. The palate has great texture displaying notes of pear, mint and petrol. The finish is long, showing salinity and a laser beam-like focus.
- Item #: i_235080Bottle Size: 750mlDan Karlsen and Matt Viotto launched this 1,000 bottle project to showcase the potential of their favorite vineyards. Limiting their production to only 1,000 bottles of each wine they have the ability to control every aspect from bud break to the moment you pop the wine. Their philosophy is to create wines that produce conversations and excite you passions. This wine is not for everyone…but for those who seek something different, something true, something rare and something perfect… welcome.
If you like buttery, creamy, oaky wine, please look elsewhere: This is Chardonnay. With aromas reminiscent of Mersault, this wine is balanced with minerals and stone fruits. Barrel aged for six months in French Oak, the wine retains the racy backbone while picking up texture and nuance from the oak.
- Item #: i_238670Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Completely destemmed, the 2017 Pinot Noir Garys' Vineyard has a beautiful fruit-forward character as well as notes of bright cherries, raspberries, flowers, and vanilla bean. It's another medium to full-bodied, seamless wine in the lineup that has outstanding balance as well as length. Drink it any time over the coming 7-8 years."
- Item #: i_238830Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2017 Syrah Garys' Vineyard, which was only 25% destemmed, shows a slightly more fruit-forward vibe in its red and blue fruits, bouquet garni, and crushed flowers. More floral and less meaty and bloody than the Soberanes Vineyard, it's medium to full-bodied, with terrific depth of fruit and a great finish."
ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 94 POINTS - "Deep bright-hued violet. Smoke- and mineral-accented aromas of dark berries, olive paste, menthol, licorice and incense. Intense, palate-staining cassis, cherry liqueur and fruitcake flavors become deeper, sweeter and more energetic with air. Delivers a very serious punch of flavor but comes off graceful, finishing with superb, spice-dominated persistence and supple, slow-building tannins."
- Item #: i_238990Bottle Size: 750mlIn the glass, this wine bursts with aromatics of grapefruit, juicy melon, key lime, and lychee notes. Hailing from the gravelly soils of the Arroyo Seco AVA, this Sauvignon Blanc is fermented in 100% neutral oak barrels. On the palate, vibrant acidity surrounds flavors of passionfruit, lime zest, and crushed rocks, which give way to a textured and complex finish.
- Item #: i_241300Bottle Size: 750MLThe dramatic climate of the Highlands – located within Monterey County – allows Mer Soleil to create dramatic wines. Morning fog, bright sunshine and gusting winds enable longer "hang time" for the grapes, resulting in wines of intense, complex character. With fresh, bright aromas and the taste of white peach, this wine has a vibrant acidity balanced by the lush flavors of fully ripe fruit.
- Item #: i_241550Bottle Size: 750mlA rich, deep red – the color of Bing cherries – this wine opens with scents of dark berries, pomace, and the woodiness of a hiking path in a redwood forest. Soft, powdery traces of old-fashioned lipstick add an intriguing element to the nose. Entry is smooth, with bright cherry flavors and a "berry basket" of blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. Pomace and brown spice infuse the palate, which is round and coats the mouth. An initial flash of fruit gives way to soft tannins, natural acidity, and an evocative earthy character. The finish is unusually long, with hints of cranberry adding an unexpected note to the mix of this wine’s many layers.
- Item #: i_276710Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 90ANTONIO GALLONI'S VINOUS MEDIA 90 POINTS - "Light bright red. Vibrant, smoke-accented red berry scents pick up suggestions of succulent herbs and minerals with air. Juicy, focused and spicy on the palate, offering fresh raspberry and bitter cherry flavors and five-spice powder and smoked meat nuances. Closes long and spicy, displaying resonating red fruit character and smooth tannins."