Our 3,000 square feet underground temperature-controlled cellar now includes a selection of 10,000+ wines from many different wineries and vintages. This selection represents the world's finest growing regions from such diverse areas as California, Oregon, Washington, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Germany, Austria, New Zealand, Australia and Portugal.
- Item #: i_303700Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95+James Suckling: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95+ POINTS - "This is a terrific wine and one of the new releases from Montalcino that I happily include on a short list of top recommendations. The Argiano 2015 Brunello di Montalcino shows a very lively bouquet that is already singing despite the young age of this new release. The wine opens to a dark ruby color with garnet highlights. The bouquet shows a large span of wild berry, earth, licorice spice and medicinal herb aromas. This vintage also reveals a pretty floral character with dried rose potpourri and lavender buds. After fermentation, the wine is aged slowly for 30 months in large oak botte (including 10-, 30- and 50-hectoliter capacity), thus restricting oxygen and gently slowing its evolution. However, the 2015 vintage is naturally expressive and exuberant, and that's the main takeaway here."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "Very floral on the nose with plums, rose petals and freshly sliced porcini mushrooms. The palate is tight and compressed with beautiful ripe fruit, wet earth and cool, stone flavors. A structured and impressive wine."
- Item #: i_302485Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 97Wine Enthusiast: 95 Points85% Cabernet Sauvignon & 15% Petit Verdot
WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS - "A focused, balanced style, evoking pure cherry, raspberry, mineral and floral aromas and flavors, this is elegant and fluid yet dense and well-structured, ending with lively acidity and dusty tannins. The finish goes on and on. Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot. Drink now through 2025. 1,833 cases made."
WINE ENTHUSIAST 95 POINTS - #61 of Top 100 Cellar Selections Wines of 2017 Wine Enthusiast:
"A focused, balanced style, evoking pure cherry, raspberry, mineral and floral aromas and flavors, this is elegant and fluid yet dense and well-structured, ending with lively acidity and dusty tannins. The finish goes on and on. Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot. Drink now through 2025. 1,833 cases made."
ANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 94 POINTS - "The 2012 d'Alceo is sweet, round and enveloping. Silky tannins give the 2012 much of its shape, while adding to the wine's appeal. Plum, black cherry, menthol, licorice and sweet spices wrap around the fleshy, succulent finish. Like the Sammarco, d'Alceo is a bit restrained in this vintage."
- Item #: i_268741Bottle Size: 750MLWine Enthusiast: 942015 Ocean Reserve Blanc de Blancs is a special, limited edition, vintage Blanc de Blancs. Iron Horse gives $4 a bottle to National Geographic’s Ocean Initiative, establishing marine protected areas and supporting sustainable fishing practices around the globe.
- Item #: i_351664Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94ROBERT PARKER 94 POINTS - "The brilliant 2009 Les Pagodes de Cos actually has more Cabernet Sauvignon in the blend than the grand vin (69% versus 65%) in addition to mostly Merlot and a small quantity of Petit Verdot. As powerful as the Cos in terms of alcoholic clout (14.5%), the full-bodied, round, generous Les Pagodes de Cos exhibits lots of creme de cassis and floral notes intermixed with hints of wood/barrique and spice. Juicy, succulent and remarkably fresh and well-delineated, it merits considerable attention from consumers. It should drink well for 15-20 years. Oddly enough, the second wine is superior to many vintages of Cos in the 1960s 1970s and 1980s!"
- Item #: i_383616Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93James Suckling: 93Wine Enthusiast: 93 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Delivers intense notes of pure black cherries and crushed blackberries with suggestions of baking spices, Sichuan pepper and menthol. Medium-bodied, firm and taut in the mouth, it is still very youthful, with firm yet ripe, rounded tannins and a refreshing finish. While it is delicious right now, it would be a shame to open it at this primary stage. Give it another 4-5 years in cellar and drink it over the next twenty."