Our 3,000 square feet underground temperature-controlled cellar now includes a selection of 10,000+ wines from many different wineries and vintages. This selection represents the world's finest growing regions from such diverse areas as California, Oregon, Washington, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Germany, Austria, New Zealand, Australia and Portugal.
- Item #: i_352381Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95Wine Enthusiast: 93 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsWINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - " A bold style, with quince, lemon curd, creamed pear, apricot and white peach flavors lending range and weight. Verbena and warm brioche details infuse the lush finish. Very showy and pulls it off. Drink now through 2021."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS
WINE ENTHUSIAST 93
- Item #: i_350392Bottle Size: 750mlAn expressive and seductive wine. The nose evokes a basket of fruits gilded by the sun, apricot, quince, peach and citrus fruits. Some sweet notes of flowers (lilac, rose and violet) and honey make the whole set even more charming. The mouth is gourmand and fresh, a beautiful spicy power and a bitterness thirst quenches the final reflecting us the image of this vintage.
- Item #: i_350613Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 94 POINTS: "Pale yellow. Displays ripe citrus and pit fruit scents that are accompanied by subtle honey and floral nuances. Silky and expansive on the palate, offering juicy tangerine, white peach and pear nectar flavors that are supported by an undercurrent of smoky minerality. The long, floral-driven finish shows fine definition and leaves behind twinges of tarragon and lemon balm."
- Item #: i_351920Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS: "A plump and creamy style, with alluring yellow apple, Cavaillon melon, pear and peach flavors all gliding through, backed by hints of warm brioche and almond cream. Quite alluring in the end. Drink now through 2021. 1,200 cases made, 75 cases imported."
- Item #: i_353299Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS: "This sports juicy and ripe peach, apricot and melon flavors, but has the cut and freshness to carry it off, as heather, verbena and green almond notes streak through. Features length and excellent focus for a wine with such a showy persona. Drink now through 2022. 830 cases made, 80 cases imported."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS: "Barrel-fermented and aged in 20% new oak, Villard's 2017 Condrieu le Grand Vallon was my favorite of his three releases I tasted. Subtle hints of pencil shavings accent flowers and apricots on the nose, while the medium to full-bodied palate is plump, silky and fresh, with ample power, zest and hints of peppery spice on the lingering finish. It should drink well for 3-4 years."
- Item #: i_351594Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Alluring, with almond cream, white peach, yellow apple and Cavaillon melon flavors gliding through. The caressing finish has a light piecrust echo. Drink now through 2023."
- Item #: i_350619Bottle Size: 750mlTiny, cultish, producer in Cote Rotie making around 800 cases per year, including a couple barrels of Condrieu.
Organically farmed vineyards located on the southern end of the appellation in the lieu-dit of "Cordeloux" on steep, primarily granitic soils.
The Condrieu is nicely phenolic in texture, and avoids the cloying quality that one often finds in this appellation. The richness of the wine is nicely balanced with an underlying acidity (he is clearly picking on the early side).