- Item #: i_380464Bottle Size: 750MLThe vines that are made into Txakoli (chah-koh-lee) wine grow like little trees among the rolling hills that flow into the moody Atlantic ocean of Northeastern Spain. For generations, the Ameztoi (ah-mess-TOY) family has made their wine around the fishing town of Getaria, near San Sebastian. Just as this Basque country has had its own culture for many centuries, it has its native grapes like Hondarrabi Zuri and Hondarrabi Beltza that make distinctive, authentically regional wines. The main lineup of Ameztoi family Txakoli (white, rose, and red) all share in common a very light body with refreshing acidity & natural spritz left over from fermentation.
These are wines that inspire us to get out there and enjoy the day as it passes into night...as they say in Basque country, "Aurrera Txalupa!" (onward, the boat!).
The Ameztoi family has been making wine for seven generations. Located just five or ten minutes down the coast from San Sebastian, their vineyards overlook the Atlantic ocean. This rose is a 50/50 blend of Hondarribi Zuri and Hondarribi Beltza. The result is a pale pink wine with fresh redcurrant, strawberry and lime aromas and flavors followed by citrus notes and gentle minerality on the finish. This rosé is very easy to drink by itself or with appetizers, seafood or fish dishes. Try this with grilled or poached salmon.
A Summer afternoon picnic on the hill...in a glass! Refreshingly light & fizzy like the white, but with a subtle taste of candied red fruit. The quintessential wine to have with a fresh berry salad.
Suggestion: Perfect around 52F, or about 20 minutes in an ice bucket.
- Item #: i_362361Bottle Size: 750mlThe Rose by Kruger-Rumpf is made entirely of Pinot Noir by brothers Georg and Philipp Rumpf in the Nahe. The baby pink-hued rose greets you with a bouquet of white flowers, followed by a scent of Ruby Red Grapefruit. It is dry and piquant with a grand-finale, show-stopping taste of cranberry. Even at a mere 12% abv, this eerily reminds you of a Cape Cod cocktail, and somehow, someway, mysteriously evaporates from the glass.
- Item #: i_372380Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats.
The 2018 Le Gris is composed of 100% Cinsault. This rose has a lovely pale pink color and aromas of fresh berries on the nose. On the palate rich red berry and peach flavors lead to a clean dry finish.
- Item #: i_302220Bottle Size: 750mlThis beautiful pale pink Rose with orange reflections has a bouquet of elegant roses and wilted flowers. The palate is tart cherry, pomegranate and honeysuckle.
Pair it with poultry, fish and most appetizers.
Sangiovese 50%, Prugnolo Gentile 50%
- Item #: i_324111Bottle Size: 750mlA STAFF FAVORITE. Pale pink with vivid notes of lemon zest and tender flavors of strawberry and cranberry. The slender palate has the same zesty poise as the nose and presents streamlined refreshment, pristine citrus and a dry lip-smacking finish—a most elegant rose. ---
Cool and refreshing with cherry and citrus notes. Rose hip, and citrus accent an infectiously juicy matrix of tart cherry and nectarine, leading to a satisfyingly long, saliva-inducingly saline, and delightfully zippy finish. The Cistercien Rosé is made of Zweigelt, St. Laurent and Pinot Noir . Let Summer begin!
- Item #: i_342381Bottle Size: 750mlThis pale, gorgeous, aromatic, Pinot Noir-based (Spatburgunder) dry rose from dry wine specialist Wagner-Stempel is as dry as the roses from the south of France, yet offers more flavor and mouthfeel than some. The nose and palate feature cherry, plum, red currant, raspberry and cassis leading to an elegant, totally dry finish. The Wagner-Stempel estate dates back to 1845. They farm their 20 hectares of vineyards organically and have been certified since 2011.