- Item #: i_380464Bottle Size: 750MLThe vines that are made into Txakoli (chah-koh-lee) wine grow like little trees among the rolling hills that flow into the moody Atlantic ocean of Northeastern Spain. For generations, the Ameztoi (ah-mess-TOY) family has made their wine around the fishing town of Getaria, near San Sebastian. Just as this Basque country has had its own culture for many centuries, it has its native grapes like Hondarrabi Zuri and Hondarrabi Beltza that make distinctive, authentically regional wines. The main lineup of Ameztoi family Txakoli (white, rose, and red) all share in common a very light body with refreshing acidity & natural spritz left over from fermentation.
These are wines that inspire us to get out there and enjoy the day as it passes into night...as they say in Basque country, "Aurrera Txalupa!" (onward, the boat!).
The Ameztoi family has been making wine for seven generations. Located just five or ten minutes down the coast from San Sebastian, their vineyards overlook the Atlantic ocean. This rose is a 50/50 blend of Hondarribi Zuri and Hondarribi Beltza. The result is a pale pink wine with fresh redcurrant, strawberry and lime aromas and flavors followed by citrus notes and gentle minerality on the finish. This rosé is very easy to drink by itself or with appetizers, seafood or fish dishes. Try this with grilled or poached salmon.
A Summer afternoon picnic on the hill...in a glass! Refreshingly light & fizzy like the white, but with a subtle taste of candied red fruit. The quintessential wine to have with a fresh berry salad.
Suggestion: Perfect around 52F, or about 20 minutes in an ice bucket.
- Item #: i_302220Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI; VINOUS 92 POINTS - "Spinetta’s 2019 Il Rosé di Casanova is stunning in the glass, wafting up with a seductive bouquet, mixing lime and ripe melon with crushed strawberries. It floods the palate with spicy red fruits, complemented by juicy citrus and brisk acids, which keep the expression wonderfully fresh. The finish is long, as an air of minerals and fresh florals hover above salty minerals which beg you to take another sip."
- Item #: i_372380Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats.
The 2019 Le Gris is composed of 100% Cinsault. This rose has a lovely pink color and aromas of fresh berries on the nose. On the palate rich red berry and peach flavors lead to a clean dry finish.
- Item #: i_378987Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS" - "This has attractive, thirst-quenching appeal with instantly delicious summer berries in abundance. The palate has a long, lithe and juicy feel with a succulent and silky palate that really delivers fresh appeal."
Matías Riccitelli started his boutique winery in 2009, located in Las Compuertas at 1100 meters above sea level. It is the highest area of Lujan de Cuyo, and here he tends 20 hectares of ungrafted old vineyards. Matías also works with small, independent growers that own their lands at the bottom of the Andes halfway between 1000 and 1700 meters above sea level - in Gualtallary, Chacayes, Altamira and La Carrera.
• All harvests are conducted by hand and fermentation takes place in small concrete vats and concrete eggs. Purity and delicacy in winemaking are prized by Matías and great care is taken in preserving the fruit’s singularity in order to obtain vibrant wines. • In 2015 a new project was begun: old vineyards of Semillon, Merlot and Malbec were discovered and reclaimed in Argentinian Patagonia. The vineyards are located in the Rio Negro high valley and were planted in the late 1960’s. The resulting wines are fresh, intensely aromatic and highly balanced.
70% of this wine matures inside small concrete tanks, 30% remaining inside French used oak barrels
- Item #: i_324111Bottle Size: 750mlA STAFF FAVORITE. Pale pink with vivid notes of lemon zest and tender flavors of strawberry and cranberry. The slender palate has the same zesty poise as the nose and presents streamlined refreshment, pristine citrus and a dry lip-smacking finish—a most elegant rose. ---
Cool and refreshing with cherry and citrus notes. Rose hip, and citrus accent an infectiously juicy matrix of tart cherry and nectarine, leading to a satisfyingly long, saliva-inducingly saline, and delightfully zippy finish. The Cistercien Rosé is made of Zweigelt, St. Laurent and Pinot Noir . Let Summer begin!