- Item #: i_380464Bottle Size: 750MLThe vines that are made into Txakoli (chah-koh-lee) wine grow like little trees among the rolling hills that flow into the moody Atlantic ocean of Northeastern Spain. For generations, the Ameztoi (ah-mess-TOY) family has made their wine around the fishing town of Getaria, near San Sebastian. Just as this Basque country has had its own culture for many centuries, it has its native grapes like Hondarrabi Zuri and Hondarrabi Beltza that make distinctive, authentically regional wines. The main lineup of Ameztoi family Txakoli (white, rose, and red) all share in common a very light body with refreshing acidity & natural spritz left over from fermentation.
These are wines that inspire us to get out there and enjoy the day as it passes into night...as they say in Basque country, "Aurrera Txalupa!" (onward, the boat!).
The Ameztoi family has been making wine for seven generations. Located just five or ten minutes down the coast from San Sebastian, their vineyards overlook the Atlantic ocean. This rose is a 50/50 blend of Hondarribi Zuri and Hondarribi Beltza. The result is a pale pink wine with fresh redcurrant, strawberry and lime aromas and flavors followed by citrus notes and gentle minerality on the finish. This rosé is very easy to drink by itself or with appetizers, seafood or fish dishes. Try this with grilled or poached salmon.
A Summer afternoon picnic on the hill...in a glass! Refreshingly light & fizzy like the white, but with a subtle taste of candied red fruit. The quintessential wine to have with a fresh berry salad.
Suggestion: Perfect around 52F, or about 20 minutes in an ice bucket.
- Item #: i_331139Bottle Size: 750MLThis is a zippy, breezy, crisp Rosé with a bouquet of Carnations and Cherry. This fresh, delicious blend of Pinot Noir and Portugieser and Domina, is bright and lively on the palate, has a fantastic texture, and a lovely, long Grapefruit finish.
Food parings: Grilled white meats, seafood, Asian food, cured meats and a wide variety of cheeses. Pastas made with a light sauce with seafood; poultry, or vegetables would be ideal!
- Item #: i_331142Bottle Size: 1LZweigelt is an Austrian classic. This variety was created in 1922, when Dr. Fritz Zweigelt crossed two grapes - St Laurent and Blaufränkisch.
The wine offers delicate strawberry, cherry and floral aromas. On the palate it is medium-bodied, lively and refreshing, beautifully balanced. A long and pleasant finish. Enjoy as an aperitif or with any light fare with friends.
- Item #: i_372380Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats.
The 2015 Le Gris is composed of 100% Cinsault. This rose has a lovely pale pink color and aromas of fresh berries on the nose. On the palate rich red berry and peach flavors lead to a clean dry finish.
- Item #: i_378987Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91James Suckling: 92WINE ADVOCATE 91+ POINTS - "The young and fresh 2017 Hey Malbec! mixes grapes from young vines in the Valle de Uco with those from older ones in Luján de Cuyo. It fermented with some full clusters in concrete vats and used barriques, and most of the wine was kept in concrete with just a small percentage in oak. This has an explosive nose, with great maturity, moderate acidity and superb natural balance. It's very clean, focused and fruit-driven. It seems simple, but t'is a lot more complex and has more depth than you think. There are flowers, berries, herbs and spices, with a juicy, harmonious palate. What an entry-level Malbec should deliver."
Matías Riccitelli started his boutique winery in 2009, located in Las Compuertas at 1100 meters above sea level. It is the highest area of Lujan de Cuyo, and here he tends 20 hectares of ungrafted old vineyards. Matías also works with small, independent growers that own their lands at the bottom of the Andes halfway between 1000 and 1700 meters above sea level - in Gualtallary, Chacayes, Altamira and La Carrera.
• All harvests are conducted by hand and fermentation takes place in small concrete vats and concrete eggs. Purity and delicacy in winemaking are prized by Matías and great care is taken in preserving the fruit’s singularity in order to obtain vibrant wines. • In 2015 a new project was begun: old vineyards of Semillon, Merlot and Malbec were discovered and reclaimed in Argentinian Patagonia. The vineyards are located in the Rio Negro high valley and were planted in the late 1960’s. The resulting wines are fresh, intensely aromatic and highly balanced.
70% of this wine matures inside small concrete tanks, 30% remaining inside French used oak barrels
- Item #: i_324111Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST - 90 POINTS A pale pink with vivid notes of lemon zest and tender flavors of strawberry and cranberry. The slender palate has the same zesty poise as the nose and presents streamlined refreshment, pristine citrus and a dry lip-smacking finish—a most elegant rose.
Cool and refreshing with cherry and citrus notes. Rose hip, and citrus accent an infectiously juicy matrix of tart cherry and nectarine, leading to a satisfyingly long, saliva-inducingly saline, and delightfully zippy finish. The Cistercien Rosé is made of Zweigelt, St. Laurent and Pinot Noir . Let Summer begin!