- Item #: i_375448Bottle Size: 750mlJANCIS ROBINSON.COM 17.5 POINTS-"80% Chardonnay, 20% Pinot Bianco. Disgorged November 2017. Beautifully mineral with an almost saline waxy fruit nose. Waxy fruit on the palate. Still very tight and a little closed. Mouth-watering and long and with energetic, waxy lemon fruit on the finish. This shows that ripe fruit and acidity is possible, resulting in a much more complex wine. Still loads of potential. (WS)12.5% Drink 2018-2028."
- Item #: i_378927Bottle Size: 750mlThe Vallée d’Aoste Blanc de Morgex et de La Salle DOC is particularly attractive, since it is made from grapes harvested in the highest vineyards in Europe, at the foot of the impressive Mount Blanc.
Varities grown: Prié Blanc
The domaine was founded in the early eighties with the stated purpose of reviving abandoned vineyards along the picturesque slopes of Mont Blanc in the Valle d’Aosta. This northwestern Italian pocket features the highest-altitude vineyard sites in all of Europe; very few machines are even capable of working such extreme topographies – needless to say, they’re seldom employed within the region.
- Item #: i_372586Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES-"1503’ label, a reference to the date when Hush Heat estate’s historic manor house was built. Made from the property’s younger vineyards and with a slightly higher dosage than the original Balfour wines, these offer a very approachable yet still refined English fizz experience.
After harvest in mid- to late October, the grapes are fermented in stainless steel and cuvées are blended with youthful freshness in mind. Malolactic fermentation helps create a softer, more approachable style. Secondary fermentation in bottle is followed by at least 12 months on lees prior to disgorgement with a ten degree dosage addition."
- Item #: i_372812Bottle Size: 750mlMade from Pinot Noir (57%), Chardonnay (32%) and Aligoté (11%) from grape-growing regions Côte Chalonnaise, Côte de Beaune and Côte de Nuits.. All grapes are crefully hand-harvested into small bins to prevent bruising.
WINEMAKER'S NOTES-A lemon gold colour, with a rich but discreet foam. Note the fine balance between the fruity aromas coming from the grape varieties and the toasty aromas following the ageing in the bottle; a lovely alliance between vinosity and crispiness. Enjoy as an aperitif but also with butchery or shellfishes."
- Item #: i_376840Bottle Size: 750MLWith a history that dates back to 1531 and years of great sales volume in our store, St.-Hilaire has finally added a sparkling Rose to their line-up. As with its stable mate, St. Hilaire's Brut Rose is sourced from the acclaimed Laguedoc-Roussillon region of southern France. The grapes; 70% Chardonnay, 20% Chenin Blanc and 10% Pinot Noir are from select high elevation vineyards. The "prise de mousses" or second fermentation occurs slowly in the bottle and the wine is then given another 12 months aging on the lees. In the glass one finds a pale salmon pink liquid graced with strands of pin point bubbles, while the taste buds are treated to tangy impressions of raspberries and wild strawberries complemented by hints of brioche and brown spices in its pleasingly dry finish. Looks like St. Hilaire has another hit on its hands!
- Item #: i_375045Bottle Size: 750MLLimoux, the city in Languedoc in southern France, is believed to be the birthplace of sparkling wine, with local historians asserting that monks from the abbey at Saint-Hilaire brought this certain 'pop' to wine in 1531 AD. Closer to home in locale and temporality, the last inventory of Thomas Jefferson's wine cellar listed 49 bottles of Blanquette de Limoux.
The nose reveled in hints of pastry dough, citrusy notes of tangerine and lemon and a touch of peach melba and sea air. The palate is an enchanting melanage of more citrus , touches of honeysuckle and vanilla bean with a cleansing layer of minerality coursing throughout, like a glacial stream galloping seaward.
- Item #: i_376414Bottle Size: 750mlSILVER MEDAL SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
Traditional bouquet of yeasty autolysis showing off a bready yeasty bouquet with flavors of fresh fruit; crisp, fresh, lively and uncomplicated, plenty of bubble, all leading to a simple just-dry finish.
- Item #: i_376128Bottle Size: 750mlWINERY NOTES-"The wine is made strictly according to the traditional method; the 100% Chardonnay grapes are whole-cluster pressed, and the wine is aged for a minimum of four years with the tirage yeast. Delicate tropical fruit, floral and citrus notes, balanced with nuances of toasted bread and minerals; elegant, crisp and dry. The wine will age gracefully for up to ten years from harvest."
Galilee is the most northern and generally considered the best apellation in Israel. The highest quality area within the apellation is the Golan Heights which is the coldest region in the country. The vineyards here rise from 1,300 feet elevation to nearly 4,000 feet and receive snow in the winter.