- Item #: i_378629Bottle Size: 750mlA family-owned winery whose origins date back to the 13th century, Fermi Bohigas owns over 240 acres of organically farmed vineyards in Catalunya. A sparkling rose, the non-vintage Brut Rosat Cava is fashioned from the indigenous varietal called Trepat, blended with a touch of Pinot Noir.
Strawberry, cherry and mulberry fruit notes intermixed with peppery, herb-like characteristics are found in this fresh, medium-bodied rose.
The Bohigas Brut Rosat is a fairly dark-colored bottle sparkling Brut rosé which is done at the dry end of the Brut scale, with only six grams per liter of dosage. The nose is deep and quite "winey" in style, offering up scents of cherries, a touch of blood orange, dusty soil tones and a topnote of dried roses. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied and just a touch coarse in terms of its mousse, but with lovely depth and complexity and impressive length and grip on the finish. This is decidedly a Brut rosé Cava that will show at its best at the table. Good juice. 2011-2015. 88. John Gilman
- Item #: i_376117Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 50% Xarel-lo, 25% Macabeo, and 25% Parellada; this sparkler was aged 14 months on the lees before disgorgement. Xarel-lo grapes give the body and a textured mouth feel and structure which allows for aging. The Macabeo grapes give elegance, finesse and the delicate notes of apple skin with aromas of sweet white fruit, while the Parellada completes the blend with a light refreshing citric acidity.
- Item #: i_325338Bottle Size: 750mlFresh, elegant and full of a wonderful fizz, Gran Campo Viejo Cava Brut Reserva Sparkling White Wine aged for 18 months. Decadent and delicious.
- Item #: i_376338Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ENTHUSIAST 88 POINTS-"Clean, stylish and easy to like, this has apple and green herb aromas. It shows a good weight and mouth feel, with papaya, thyme and baked apple flavors. Medium long and smooth on the finish, this is a commendable value priced bubbly."
- Item #: i_374765Bottle Size: 750mlA native of France, Roger Goulart founded his bodega in 1882 in the village of San Esteve, situated in the Penedes Superior district of Catalonia. Goulart went on to become a leading pioneer of traditional method sparkling wine production in Spain. While rarely seen in the U.S., the firm's cuvees have long been prized in Europe for their long-aged style and uncompromising quality. Sourced from the firm's finest grapes this Grand Reserva exudes the class and complexity that can only be derived from seven long years of aging sur latte in firm's cool cellars nestled one hundred feet beneath the town's century old cathedral. The result is a supple, layered world class sparkler that delivers long play flavors of ripe apple, pear, with notions of pie crust and citrus rising in the back palate. We have seen cavas and French Champagnes selling for twice the price that don't match the luxury and flavor interest of this gem.