- Item #: i_372430Bottle Size: 1LThe Crnko farm is located on the eastern side of Slovenia, north of Maribor and just south of the Austrian border. All the fruit is estate grown and comes from the family's 6 hectares of mixed white varietals. The vines are planted in the region's unique marl soils and sustainably farmed. This charming white is a blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Ravenec (Muller-Thurgau), Laski Riesling (Welschriesling). It has only 11% alcohol and is as drinkable and refreshing as wine comes. Riesling dominates the aromatics offering juicy tangerine and quince notes to the silty minerality that Crnko wines often share. As a beverage it is thirst quenching and light on its feet with invigorating acidity that makes it difficult to set down. During the summers in the village of Jarenina, locals mix it with sparkling water and then proceed to consume it long into the night.
- Item #: i_372380Bottle Size: 750mlLa Ferme Rouge was founded as a vineyard and olive orchard in 1908. The winery was started in 1933. Located in the Zaer region of Morocco, about 45 kilometers from the Atlantic ocean and at an elevation of 450 meters, the vineyards benefit from cool ocean breezes. Grapes are hand-picked, pressed gently and fermented in temperature-regulated concrete vats.
The 2019 Le Gris is composed of 100% Cinsault. This rose has a lovely pink color and aromas of fresh berries on the nose. On the palate rich red berry and peach flavors lead to a clean dry finish.
- Item #: i_372379Bottle Size: 750mlMatija (Matic) Zerjav is a third-generation vigneronwho is dedicated toorganic farming. All wines are wild yeast fermented with no chemicals or fining agents. This white, made from the grape variey Kerner (a crossing of Riesling and Schava) received 36 hours of skin contact and spent six months in stainless steel with the fine yeasts present. A very low amount of sulfites was added at bottling. This dry white displays citrus and white peach notes and a dry finish.
- Item #: i_300020Bottle Size: 750mlSlavcek is a family winery with a two-hundred-year history in the Vipava Valley. It is currenty run by Franc Vodopivec who practices organic farming and natural winemaking. This delightful Sivi Pinot (Pinot Grigio) has a slight pink color because of 24 hours of maceration (skin contact). The wine is fermented in 50% 15-year-old oak barrels and 50% stainless steel. Only native yeasts are used and malolactic fermentation occurs spontaneously. The wine is aged in 25% old acacia barrels, 25% old oak foudres and 50% very large foudres. After clarification for a month in stainless steel it is racked and bottled unfiltered. This delicious dry white offers elegant fruit aromas and flavors balanced by crisp minerality.
- Item #: i_372597Bottle Size: 750mlAll of the Toreta wines are fruitful without being overly primary and are intensely mineral and textural. This premium Pošip is the best example of this balance. Pošip can often produce a lot of sugars on the vine and result in some of the biggest and fullest bodied whites in Dalmatia. Pungent and unique it is the perfect refreshment for the sun-drenched beaches of Korcula. Naturally appropriate for sea-fare and or pork smothered in Mediterranean herbs. One regional favorite is ravioli stuffed with local goat cheese. As opposed to the Special, this spends a few months in a Slavonian oak barrel to add some weight and texture. Yellow peach, mango, lemon, wild herbs, sea spray. Bright acidity and unexpected texture.